[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Movies that actually made a difference
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 17
File: 800_Blackfish.jpg (80 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
800_Blackfish.jpg
80 KB, 800x450
Seaworld is going bankrupt all because of this.
>>
>>63300814
>On December 31, 2013, the Orlando Business Journal posted a poll asking if Blackfish had changed readers' opinions on SeaWorld. The majority of votes stated that the film had not. It was later found that 180 out of 328 votes (55%) originated from a single SeaWorld-hosted IP address.[23] SeaWorld defended the voting, stating that "each of the votes that came from a SeaWorld domain were cast by team members who are passionate about the incredible work SeaWorld does and the experiences our parks provide."[24]

topkek
>>
>>63300814
>322 votes
>taking online polls seriously
rofl
>>
They trashed Seaworld in The Cove too though
>>
>>63300814
>$92 for a one-day pass

Fuck that place
>>
>>63300895
How exactly did they get the ip address of each voter?
>>
File: interestelar.jpg (11 KB, 180x281) Image search: [Google]
interestelar.jpg
11 KB, 180x281
>"To get rid of the flickering and produce realistically smooth pictures for the movie, we changed our code in a manner that has never been done before," said Oliver James, chief scientist at special effects team Double Negative, in a press release. Instead of tracing the paths of individual rays of light, say James, he and his team looked at bundles of light, creating a smoother moving image then ever before seen. This proved especially fruitful for visualizing gravitational lensing — an effect where light is bent around massive objects as it travels through space. It's these visualizations that could help astrophysicists model more cosmic oddities in the future.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/16/8044457/interstellar-black-hole-simulations-science
>>
>>63300998
It's pretty easy to get IP addresses of site visitors senpai
>>
I liked the ads SeaWorld ran where they were running damage control saying they treated their animals great and that the Orcas are perfectly happy.
Of course they didn't provide any proof of this.
Just saying trust us, why would we lie?
>>
"****"
"*****"
>>
>>63300814
>Blackfish
It's POCfish, shitlord.
>>
>>63300814

No

>Seaworld is fucking expensive
>People these days, do not do driving holidays to family parks
>Why go see animals and wait in lines when you can just watch them on youtube or live streams from the fucking wild
>>
File: 1289081142365.jpg (176 KB, 561x603) Image search: [Google]
1289081142365.jpg
176 KB, 561x603
>>63301104
>there was no way to watch video footage of animals before YouTube
>>
What the fuck did the makers of this movie want to happen?

When they release Orcas back into the wild, they have just hang around harbors and jetties to be near humans.. and starve to death

Did they want the murder whale put down?

>>63301186

Of course there was, but it doesn't compare to the last ten years. There is much more content, in better quality to watch animals doing crazy shit. It takes away most of the reason a normie single mom will get off their fat ass, and deal with taking the kids across the state to a zoo/ seaworld park
>>
>>63301273
At worst, it was on a gradual decline.

After the movie, ticket sales fucking plummeted.
>>
>>63301346

I watched Blackfish and it certainly made Seaworld out to be a pretty horrible place. I could definitely see it turning a lot of people off from that place.

But then... i can't imagine a lot of people actually watching Black Fish
>>
>>63301273
they want the orcas to live the rest of their lives in sea pens, obviously they can't be released into the wild. that way they won't be forced to breed and perform for people
>>
>>63300999
>chief scientist at special effects team
>>
If you think Seaworld is bad search up Marineland which is basically the Seaworld of Canada.
There have been more whale deaths there than in Seaworld's history
>>
>>63301408

While this sounds somewhat nice, I would imagine that means they'd go into even smaller pens and with worse treatment to try and cut down on costs.

It's not cheap keeping them alive, even old race horses/dogs tend to die or have suspicious accidents very quickly after retiring when they're just a money drain.
>>
>>63301273
>it's normal to be a single mother

I hate this fucking world.
>>
>>63300988
>get the wristband for food
>turkey legs all day
>eat more than the admission costs
>roller coasters with no line
I was surprised with how much I enjoyed it.
>>
>>63300998
An Hiro sold it to them.
>>
The footage when they took the baby whale away from the mom was just heartbreaking. It's incredible how money can make humans greedy enough to capture beautiful peaceful creaturesand ruin their way of life by forcing them to perform cheap tricks for our amusement. The worst part is that none of the captured animals could ever survive the wild again.
>>
fuck that movie.

Seaworld is great you dirty fucking hippies. quit trying to literally ruin everyone else's lives because you are too much a pussy to handle real life.
>>
>>63301463
EVERYONE LOOOOOOOVES, MARINELAND
>>
>>63301693

>Theme parks
>good

You could not be more common if you tried
>>
>>63301521
considering a turkey leg is worthabout 30 cents I doubt you'd recoup the fucking cost
>>
Based Tilikum ripped some hippy's dick off when he tried broke in and jumped into the pool with him.
>>
>>63301754
You can eat pretty good, is all I'm saying.
>>
The usual save animals bullshit you see everywhere
Yes, humans treat animals badly in some aspects
So?
Animals are literally our slaves, are we supposed to treat them like humans for some reason?
Do you know how much it fucking costs to keep even one of those things alive?
And on top of that, what?
And to keep that live 100% perfect?
Why?
And the amount of people that are employed by seaworld must be insane
Imagine how many humans get to be jobless if it closes down
But whatever
>>
>>63302335

>It's fine to do ethically wrong things when we've already dug this hole so far. Might as well keep going.

Go fuck yourself
>>
>>63302335
t. sea world employee

y-yea guys f-fuck animals
>>
>>63302335

>Animals are literally our slaves

Go to Africa and whip on some lions and see if they bend to your will.

I gt we aren't suppose to treat them like humans and pamper the shit out of them, but then why mess with them in the first place? Scientific research is one thing because we actually benefit from the studies done. We as humans get to understand how different species work through dissection and through non-contact observation.

The only thing beneficial about Seaworld is money. Greed and money makes humans act more pathetic than any animal.
>>
>>63301521
Seaworld has roller coasters?
>>
>>63302335
>Animals are literally our slaves
I guess you could consider the ones we breed, raise, feed, house and eventually slaughter our slaves but most of the whales are wild animals
>>
>>63302417
There are so many things fucked with the world that, if you actually think some animals not living in the absolute perfect living conditions is something mayor you're retarded
Animals are our slaves
We eat them, we use them that's what they're there to do for us
Are you gonna pretend you're gonna stop wearing clothes made of animals, eating meat and other shit because of some shitty hipster doc?
Go fuck yourself
I also didn't say this at all
>It's fine to do ethically wrong things when we've already dug this hole so far. Might as well keep going.
faggot

>>63302446
Yea no shit retard
That's how a business can even exist, by making fucking money
Or do you think perfect morals that you chalk up are gonna keep all of those people paid?
But yea we should stop every business that uses animals in any way
We should spawn money out of thin air and use the money on some beasts and not other human beings
We should put millions of people out of work
Shit isn't black/white nigger
>>
Bleeding heart faggots please kill urselves
>>
>>63302417
> it's fine to ignore the question about ethics because I don't know the answer and I've already dug this animals are people hole so far.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>63302446
If I get to watch a whale up close I'm fine with what only three deaths in sea world's history? One of which was a deserved killing of a trespasser?

Give me a fucking break. A few whales doesn't mean jack shit and these animals are fed and given medical treatment when needed
>>
>>63300814
I live literally 1 mile from seaworld SD. Got a one year pass for me and my 3 year old. After 2 visits the only thing we did when we went is feed the sea lions, they actually seem pretty happy, the rest is pretty boring so we go to the zoo now.
>>
>>63301346
>>63301403

As I posted above I live a mile away from there and it is still fucking packed every weekend, even in the winter. Tourists still flock to the place and if business is hurting it definitely doesn't show from the eyeball test.
>>
>>63302711
Seaworld SD hasn't changed since I moved here 15 years ago. The Shamu show got neutered after that one trainer died. One year pass is definitely pointless.
>>
I had the same opinion of Seaworld both before and after I saw the documentary.

This is like the world pretending they didn't know cigarette smoke was bad. Because lighting shit on fire and inhaling it can't be anything but harmless or good, right? Right?

How somnambulistic is society that they aren't aware wild, big animals in dinky cages is bad till they see a documentary. That's the real take-home shocker surrounding the doc.
>>
>>63302763
Yeah I wish I knew that before. The good thing is I bought it during some one day sale last February so it was only around 100 bucks if I remember right. Still have to pay for the parking though which is a rip off. Our membership at the zoo is cheaper, more shit to do and free parking. They also let you bring your own food and drinks so we go and don't spend a dime.
>>
>>63301668
Underrated post.
>>
File: Final_Four_Jaegers.jpg (931 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Final_Four_Jaegers.jpg
931 KB, 1920x1080
>>63300814
Made a difference in that I will never watch movies recommended by weebs ever again
>Also made a difference in my wallet
>>
I think the Movie "Zoo" got fucking animals banned right?
>>
>>63303144
>moralfags think eating, skinning, using animals as pets, breeding them like ass is morally okay
>sticking dicks in them is over the line
Weird world I live in
>>
>>63301093
this shit is retarded
>>
>>63303021
Reminder that Cherno died like a bitch
>>
>mfw there is always 2 or 3 FUCK ANIMAL ANIMAL IS DUMB WE SMART guys for arguments like this
There is literally no reason to have cool as fuck whales taken out of nature into tiny little pools to do mindless tricks for fat tourists, all while trainers risk their lives and seaworld dodges responsibility
>>
>>63302875
>somnambulistic

*tips thesaurus*
>>
>>63300895
SWIDF is real
>>
>>63300998
Unless you actively mask it through TOR etc, sites receive your IP by default.
>>
>>63303198
Blame religion.
because 90% of america is christian we are stuck in this perpetual prude ideology.

T-thank pilgrims...
>>
>>63302335

>T Y S A D A A W A I B

>Ya was da bait

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>63303716
Bunch of gaylords if you ask me
>>
>>63300814
>Seaworld going bankrupt
>all because of this
Bro, theme parks have been going downhill since the late nineties. There's no room for family activities in a world with cellphones and multiple methods to obtain instant gratification.

Dolphins and their giant niggery cousins both need to be purged from the oceans. Nothing but rapists.
>>
>>63301403
Dude they played it on CNN a lot after it came out, it's a pretty mainstream documentary. And there's shit SeaWorld's done that isn't even covered in the movie, they're a pretty evil company. Like there was this other theme park, I think near LA, called Sealand, SeaWorld one day buys out Sealand but promises to keep the park open so all the old costumers can keep on going there. Wouldn't you fucking know it, in the middle of the night, SeaWorld takes every single animal, in one night mind you, like killer whales, dolphins, everything, and fills in the tanks with concrete so they can never be used again. SeaWorld effectively monopolized the aquatic theme park industry in one night and no one has brought attention to this or called SeaWorld out on it. That's pretty fucking evil.
>>
>>63304526
Sorry, my mistake, the park was called Marineland of the Pacific.
>>
>>63300895
I would trust a Seaworld employee more than anyone though
>>
>>63302335
>Imagine how many humans get to be jobless if it closes down

Cool, they can be my slaves if they want
>>
>>63302591

>I'm more of a man if I pretend not to care
>>
who cares about orcas

literally the niggers of the sea
>>
>>63301055
What you on about mate? They asked the fucking whale and he said he was happy. Fucking sperglord.
>>
>>63302417
Back to reddit my friend.
>>
>>63302470
Yeah man. Pretty sweet
>>
>>63305775
After you.
>>
File: 1438871039765.jpg (10 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1438871039765.jpg
10 KB, 200x198
Shitty quality but this scene was my fav from the documentary followed by the whale that tried to drown the instructer but eventually let him go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKiGAW2YQm8

Whale bodyslam fucking planned as well by the looks of it. Possible the whale was just trying to hurt the other whale though.

Do you guys think Steve-O feels sympathy for the whales or for the trainers? Being an Orca trainer is the equivalent of being a Jackass in a way
>>
>>63306277
>scroll down
>all the people in the comments screaming
>LET THEM GO WHAT ARE U DOING TO THEM IAIFJAIEJ
Jesus christ what a bunch of sheep
Who the fuck is Steve-O?
>>
File: pep.jpg (24 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
24 KB, 495x495
>All these Hippies ITT

Is Tumblr leaking?
>>
File: 146894670356756.jpg (74 KB, 500x525) Image search: [Google]
146894670356756.jpg
74 KB, 500x525
>>63300814
so does this mean less lines and annoying shit at sea world if i go? its probably my favorite park and iv been to a lot
>>
>>63306308
Steve-O got arrested for climbing a crane with fireworks (I think) and a Shamu doll as a protest, first he left the country but now he's back to go to jail because he is protesting animals being locked up inside cages.

Steve-O is a member of Jackass, probably most well know for his documentary Steve-O demise and rise in which you see someone in the grips of the worst drug addiction possible (mainly Nitrous Oxide in the form of Whippets)

Personally I really like Orcas, they remind me of wolves of the sea how they hunt in packs and are very clever, I don't think it's right to keep them in a swimming pool, they need thousands of miles of ocean to swim in
>>
File: cat2.jpg (84 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
cat2.jpg
84 KB, 600x602
whales are lame as fuck

i'd be more pissed if they were abusing hamsters
>>
>>63300814
What did Tilikum do wrong?
>>
>>63301505
divorce rates peaked at 78% in 2001

myself and everyone i grew up with had divorced parents

i've been through 7 divorces myself

the world is pretty fucked up to be honest. the family unit has been destroyed.
>>
>>63306327
SeaWorld is over
They're stopping live animal performances and soon will get rid of all their animals. Thanks for killing Marine Biology as a field leftists
>>
File: 1438872295333.jpg (50 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1438872295333.jpg
50 KB, 268x265
>>63306392
https://youtu.be/3__L0oAa2T8?t=15

>teaching young shit
>Like wolves working as a pack
>literally hunt like mans best friend
>clever as fuck

how fucking dare you shit talk whales, specifically orcas, they're bad ass as fuck

>hamsters are better

you're probably some pleb who thinks penguins are cool, useless fucking flightless shits
>>
File: eva_green_01.jpg (55 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
eva_green_01.jpg
55 KB, 400x300
>that footage of SeaWorld employees jerking off Tilikum to get his jizz
>>
>>63306445
penguins are meme animals like pandas

worthless but very marketable
>>
>>63303198
>>sticking dicks in them is over the line
ackshually, zoophilia was banned in Washington state as a result of that movie because a dude motherfucking died from taking a huge horse cock in his ass. He was an engineer for Boeing and didn't want to face the embarrassment of going to the hospital until it was too late. the horse dong perforated his colon and he bled out internally. its not for the sake of the animals
>>
File: big ol whale penis.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
big ol whale penis.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>63306452
>>
>>63306431
Sea World was to marine biology as McDonald's was to daycare centers. The "field" isn't going anywhere you mong.
>>
File: 1438870510122.png (149 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1438870510122.png
149 KB, 268x265
>>63306465
I disagree, anything that can live in the frozen antarctic is a pretty based animal in my opinion.

Cause desu, didn't the master race come out from the snowy mountains originally?
>>
File: Golden-hamster.jpg (21 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
Golden-hamster.jpg
21 KB, 400x278
>>63306445
yeah so they hunt in packs. whatever. no big deal. lots of that happens in nature.

but did you know that every golden hamster is descended from a single mother hamster from syria? now that's fucking epic. and on top of that, the golden hamster is all but extinct in the wild. isn't that fucking interesting? damn right it is
>>
>>63306422
That's a myth you stupid cunt
People get bored with each other, that's it.
Getting married is retarded and borderline insane
You can literally just be happy with the person without buying her an expensive ring and wasting time and money on some bullshit wedding
Gaylord

>>63306469
Well the right thing to do there was make fucking animals okay
If you make it illegal the chances of someone showing up to not fucking die from horse cock just lowered significantly
Dumb cunts
>>
File: 1440148778273.jpg (29 KB, 652x457) Image search: [Google]
1440148778273.jpg
29 KB, 652x457
>>63306508
unsubsrive to hamster facts

oops my leddit is showing

I think rats are cooler then hamsters. debate me
>>
>>63306490
SeaWorld was how many were exposed to the idea of it as a career you idiot. Just like Space Engineers died when Shuttle launches stipped being Televised, people wanting to study something as seemingly boring as the ocean will die out when there isn't an infotainment entry for it
>>
File: 1438872055758.png (277 KB, 311x308) Image search: [Google]
1438872055758.png
277 KB, 311x308
>>63306545
>Just like Space Engineers died when Shuttle launches stopped being Televised

pretty sure kids still wanna become space engineers just like kids still wanna be marine biologists despite the fact those damn japs are killing all the Minke's

I could have liked Japan, but desu they're as bad as china, killing gorgeous animals for ridiculous reasons.
>>
>>63306526
I guess the idea is to discourage people from doing it in the first place. I should also clarify I misspoke bestiality wasn't banned in Washington as a result of the movie that happened in 2005 the movie was made in 07.

as an aside I grew up in Washington state and I'm pretty sure it still happens. My dad and I used to take walks on this farmer's land who owned some sheep. One day we found a sheep skeleton with a bunch of Polaroids on it, near as we could tell they depicted sex between a man, a woman and (I think) a shaved sheep. my hypothesis was that the farmer and his wife fucked the sheep, killed it (perhaps deriving sexual satisfaction from this) then came back and jerked off on the corpse and left the pictures. swear to god that's a true story
>>
>>63300814
SeaWorld is a shit place anyways.
I went there once and all the animals looked like they wanted to die. And there was a baby dolphin you could "pet" but the stupid nigger would swim away from you at the last second, so you've got 20+ people just crowded around this trough as the baby dolphin does rounds but never gets close enough for people to touch it. Huge waste of money fuck Seaworld goddamnit, stupid cocktease dolphin I hope the trainers drown the fucker.
>>
>>63306594
Well out of all the fetishes out there animals has to be one that is a bit more "natural" in an evolutionary sense...

Having a fetish for people dressed as clowns? weird as fuck, have a fetish for animals that humans have spent hundreds of thousands of years with a very intimate and important relationship? still weird as fuck but maybe from an evolutionary stand point there is something there.
>>
File: 1435940634744.jpg (442 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
1435940634744.jpg
442 KB, 2000x1087
>>63306633
>I hope the trainers drown the fucker.

holy shit
>>
>>63302875
I honestly had to google that mate, use real words.

Also, yes. People are literally retarded and many cannot comprehend the effects of whatever until they either see in some shock-doc, afternoon TV show or get affected by it directly in some way a la "We never thought this could happen to our town, never. I'm shocked"

You can apply that to many of the problems we have here on terra firma.
>>
>>63301791
Tilikum is one cold motherfucker.
Guy has a body count to make third reich mike blush.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.