[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I come from an alternate reality where Alejandro Jodorowsky's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: jodorowskys_dune.jpg (617 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
jodorowskys_dune.jpg
617 KB, 1000x1500
I come from an alternate reality where Alejandro Jodorowsky's Dune was made and released. AMA
>>
DESCRIBE IN VIVID DETAIL THE ENTIRE CONTENT OF THE FILM MINUTE BY MINUTE, INCLUDING THE VARIOUS MIND BLOWING WAYS THAT IN INFLUENCED CINEMA IN YOUR REALITY FOR THE REST OF ALL TIME.
>>
>>63164701
you're still a faggot in this universe OP
>>
having never read nor seen Dune or anything related, how may one begin to get into the universe and is it in any way shape or form, actually, a space opera and if not then I would kindly like you and/or anyone else to guide me to good space opera (anything not Babylon 5 or the other various cheesy and poor quality TV shows, ((is this like an improbable or impossible genre to really nail right? It seems like everything besides Star Wars is just horribly boring or awfully executed, like Argo tier.))

was there ever a point where you thought to yourself: "Yeah, maybe different realities exist, sure OP could be for real."
>>
>>63164842
Jodorowsky's original cut was almost nine hours long. He went through several more edits before the studio (20thCentury-Fox) settled on a 224-minute version for release. It barely made the deadline for December 14, 1977.
The movie overall it a lot less surreal than his previous films, but maintains many of his tropes nonetheless. Orson Welles' Baron was fantastic (he was nominated for an Oscar). Brontis, who played Paul, was pretty good for an inexperienced child actor. All of the other performances were solid. The art direction and set design are fantastic, and George Lucas' ILM team helped out with the special effects. The cinematography is absolutely gorgeous; wide, deep, and colorful. Jodorowsky had to compromise on several creative decisions, and the final product was a cross between experimental surrealism and Hollywood grandeur. The opening scene - a single, 10-minute continuous shot - is one of the most mind-blowing ever put to film.
>>
>>63164701
How well did they adapt the book? Did they leave it open for the possibility of doing the sequels?
How many drugs did you take? How many should you take?
How did the worms look?
Do you think it'll be bigger than Star Wars? I'm sure everyone is making comparisons, and there's a lot of similarities. I hope Jodorowsky doesn't put Lucas off from making a sequel to Star Wars.
>>
>>63166012
I'd believe it
>>
is it as shitty as all his other movies?
>>
Jodorowsky would've raped the source material and roleplay threads are gay as hell.
>>
>>63164701
Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of the ending?
>>
This is a Reddit thread but as a long time Jodo fan it would have been a mess and a piece of shit. There's a reason it didn't get made.
>>
>>63165212
Go read the original Dune.

I just read it on a hunch. I picked it up and was like "ah fuck this is gonna take forever" because it's like 800 pages. I got through it in a little over a week, and I am in no way a 'reader', it's just very, very good and engaging.

It's a *little* less space opera-y because it mostly takes place all on one planet, but other than that, Dune laughs at everything else in the genre. It weaves politics, military stuff, mysticism, technology, etc. It is just fucking amazing through and through.

You'll realize that a shitload of stuff in Star Wars is lifted from Dune and simplified- but don't worry that won't ruin it for you, because stuff is more unique and well-realized in Dune.

You know how the prequels were all like "politics and trade and stuff" and it sucked? That's because Lucas was trying to do Dune and fucked it up. Dune is like if the prequels were better than we wanted them to be.
>>
>>63165212
Read the book and if you're looking for something to watch skip the movie and watch the sci fi channel 3 part tv show
>>
Paul being 14 in the book and basically kicking a fully grown man to death because of muh-training was groan inducing to me.
>>
>>63170783

I agree, the documentary was interesting but all I could think was i'm glad this didn't get made.
>>
>>63171521
but it wasn't a fistfight it was a knife fight. I'm a fully grown man, but I know fuckall about knife fighting. If an athletic 14 year old was trained in CQC by a Navy SEAL and came at me with a knife, I'd definitely back the fuck down for fear of losing my life.
>>
>>63171521
Is he not the Kwisatz Haderach?
>>
>>63165212
If you're not a pussybitch you'll go straight to reading Book of the New Sun.
>>
>>63171604
in the ornithopter after it lands with his mom gagged. He kicks a harkonen soldier once and kills him. they also say he is literally small for his age. also feeding into his fremen name "the mouse".

>>63171697
but, this above all. I forget this.

I guess I just like him being older in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q044GQgSDL4
>>
>>63164701

Dune thread

I ask all...was Paul a genuine prophet or was he basically a con man who used his powers for the sake of vengeance for his father?
>>
>>63164701
How much sexual imagery was in it? How many women were naked and what positions do they get in? How far from the original plot does it deviate? Does it turn out to all be just a film at the end?
>>
>>63164701
Does "star wars" exist?
>>
>>63172708
Both. At first, he and Jessica used the Missionaria Protectiva, which was basically folktales about Bene Gesserit sisters. If a BG sister needed sanctuary with a native group, she could claim to be one of these fairy tale BG's, and get the people's help. Jessica wanted to use the prophecy myth that the BG planted on Arrakis to protect her and Paul with the Fremen. But after a while, when Paul really started getting super powers, he also accepted his role in the myth, and fulfilled the prophecy.
So they conned their way in, but they made good on the prophecy.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.