[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
South Park
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 20.png (323 KB, 1073x1114) Image search: [Google]
20.png
323 KB, 1073x1114
Don't know what i'm supposed to think anymore.

This season was above average but, the ad plot...what the fudge

South Park general, i guess
>>
File: pc.jpg (34 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
pc.jpg
34 KB, 600x300
Who /pc/ here?
>>
>>63141824
Like it was good but I'm sick of episodes following a plot I just want mindless episodes again.
>>
>but, the ad plot...what the fudge
It's a literalization of the impetus for the PC movement. That is to say, PC endeavors inside media. Want to sell time for an ad? Then you'd better be as fucking PC as possible. This plays over to the kinds of ads that are passed off as news, they are never anything upsetting or offensive, on purpose. By design, nearly everything being produced in the world today is sanitized and sterilized.

An entire generation of people have been raised in a bubble. A literal metaphorical bubble. They are unfamiliar with the concept of other people being "other" to them, because all the media they consumed their entire life, and with the added filter of helicopter moms, has left us with people who are alien to the concept of humanity. They cry and scream when things aren't safe for them. And in this case, "safe" means "I like what I'm seeing."

Going above bad people and above bad moms and even above bad schools, we're getting to the root of the Social Juicy movement; Money. The money of the lowest common denominator. Money over time.
>>
File: 1443495635857.jpg (132 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1443495635857.jpg
132 KB, 1280x720
>tfw i'm not American
>i don't even know what " PC " stands for
>all i know about universities in USA comes from tv shows/movies
>i can't really relate
>>
>>63142014
Political Correctness.

It means "say only things that are not mean or upsetting."
>>
>>63142014
So many episodes in the last few seasons are plain unfunny for non-Americans because the topics are so fucking specific to the US.
>>
>>63142076

Is this a real thing in USA ? I meĆ  something really important, or just South Park making things bigger than they are ?
>>
>>63142014
Puss Crusher
>>
>above average season for the most unfunny show of all time
>>
>>63142339
Yup. You know how America has dat first amendment freedom of speech crap?
It's actually freedom of saying anything you want as long as you don't offend anyone.
>>
>>63142339
Where are you from that political correctness isn't a thing? In nearly all western countries there is a culture of "saying something offensive = worse than murder". Your whole life will be ruined, and you get fired from your job if you're caught saying something racist/homophobic/off-color.
>>
File: 8812632648612.png (193 KB, 382x400) Image search: [Google]
8812632648612.png
193 KB, 382x400
>>63142014
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.