[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Victoria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: victoria.jpg (17 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
victoria.jpg
17 KB, 214x317
Just came home from seeing this movie. About two hours long with zero cuts. It was absolutely insane and I loved it, if you have the chance to see it in theaters I urge you to go.

Like most foreign films it starts off slow but it all feels so real because the camera never stops rolling.
>>
Also I don't want to spoil anything but it's one of the better movies in the sub-genre in which it belongs.
>>
File: AREIZOO.gif (33 KB, 296x289) Image search: [Google]
AREIZOO.gif
33 KB, 296x289
>>63138628
>Like most foreign films...

1. "FOREIGN" IS A RELATIVE TERM.

2. YOU MEAN "MOVIE", OR AUDIOVISUAL SEQUENCE, NOT "FILM"; "FILM" IS "CELLULOID"; A MATERIAL.

>... it starts off slow...

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

>... the camera never stops rolling.

1. YOU MEAN "RECORDING", NOT "ROLLING"; "ROLLING" IS AN ANACHRONISTIC FIGURE THAT REFERENCES THE ROLLING FILMROLL ON ANALOG VIDEOCAMERAS AS THEY RECORDED.

2. THE CAMERA DID INDEED STOP RECORDING; THE "MOVIE" IS COMPOSED OF SEVERAL SCENES BLENDED INTO A CONTINUUM.
>>
>>63140003
I.) It's a German produced movie with an all German cast (excluding the Spanish Main character
II.) The movie is shot in one take. Think Birdman but without the edits that make it seem like all the movie was shot in one sitting, but instead of editing magic, the movie was actually shot in one long take
>>
>>63140260
>I.) It's a German produced movie with an all German cast (excluding the Spanish Main character

AND?

>II.) The movie is shot in one take. Think Birdman but without the edits that make it seem like all the movie was shot in one sitting, but instead of editing magic, the movie was actually shot in one long take

NO.
>>
>>63140003
Everyone still says "rolling" on set to refer to both camera and audio you kek. 50% of all filmmaking terminology and practices is "anachronistic" or "vestigial" u dumb nigger baka
>>
>>63138628

Watched this yesterday - only problem I had with it was long stretches of dialogue in German with no subtitles. Could follow along okay but was annoying - beyond that, great work.
>>
>>63140357
>AND?
That means it's foreign
>NO.
YES.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_(2015_film)
>>
File: AREIZOO II.gif (86 KB, 600x586) Image search: [Google]
AREIZOO II.gif
86 KB, 600x586
>>63140464
>>AND?
>That means it's foreign

ONLY IF ONE IS NOT IN GERMANY; "FOREIGN" IS A RELATIVE TERM.

>>NO.
>YES.

I HAVE NOT FOUND A SOURCE THAT EITHER CONFIRMS THAT IT WAS ACTUALLY RECORDED IN ONE "TAKE", OR THAT CONFIRMS THAT IT WAS NOT RECORDED IN ONE "TAKE", AND I THINK THAT IT WAS NOT, SO FOR ME, CURRENTLY, UNTIL I LEARN OTHERWISE, THE "MOVIE" WAS NOT RECORDED IN A SINGLE "TAKE".
>>
>>63140729
HERE ARE SOME SOURCES TO PROVE THAT THE "MOVIE" IN QUESTION WAS SHOT IN A SINGLE TAKE. IF YOU WANT TO CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SAY "LALALA THOSE SOURCES DONT EXIST LALALA" PLEASE FEEL FREE TO AS I REALLY DON'T CARE IF YOU DO OR DON'T, I AM SIMPLY TRYING TO INFORM OTHER ANONS
t.CAPSPOSTER
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/berlin-is-victoria-germanys-answer-771095
http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/08/victoria-is-a-134-minute-heist-film-that-was-shot-in-just-one-take/
>>
File: 1376987354344.jpg (55 KB, 240x226) Image search: [Google]
1376987354344.jpg
55 KB, 240x226
>Like most foreign films
why are you people allowed to post here?
>>
>>63140003
Lel REI they ban you off cripchan, haven't being there in awhile.
>>
>>63138628
yuro films are all shit
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.