[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Mike say Walt's ego destroyed everything they had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
Why does Mike say Walt's ego destroyed everything they had with Gus when Gus actually wanted him dead because he killed those two drug dealers in order to protect Jesse?

How was that about his ego?
>>
More like Plot Hole Bad, or Breaking Memes; am I right?
>>
Who's the dejon mustard spread now?
>>
>>63126468
YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KILLED MIKE, WALTER
>>
Mike was a hypocritical piece of shit. Plain and simple.
>>
Mike is pretty upset, he was two days to retirement. Then Walt showed up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_bmHHW6DDU
>>
>>63126468
If memory serves me correctly, that was not the whole story of why Gus was going to get rid of Walt.
>>
>>63126468

>Gus actually wanted him dead

Jesus Christ... Gus took him out into the desert to scare him into obedience, that's it. There's no "want" to it. If anything Gus was over-lenient.. he basically said "Please don't do that shit again because even if we can't afford to kill you we'll do what Todd's crew eventually did to Jesse to keep him in line"

Walt's retarded ego made him hear "I refuse to back down so I guess that means... oh god he's gonna kill my infant daughter!" Mike was right to be upset about Walt reducing their system to a pissing match between Gus and him.
>>
>>63127137

Literally the same episode that Gus takes Walt out into the desert he's scheming to get Gale to replace him. Without any seeming additional provocation Victor and Mike are about to execute him before he calls Jesse and tells him to kill Gale.

What show were you watching?
>>
why was Gus so concerned with those 2 random bottom-feeder spic dealers anyway?
>>
>>63126468
they did have a good thing with Gus before Walt fucked everything up, before Gus wanted them dead. Walt was the one who ruined it.
>>
>Mr White, there a gun in your trunk!
>>
Walt was a wildcard from the beginning. If he just stuck to the deal and kept his head down everyone would have been fine.
>>
>>63127445
He couldn't care less about those two thugs, or anyone really. It was all about leadership and showing everyone that he both looks out for those who work for him, and don't fuck with him.
>>
>>63127520
This.
This is why i stopped watching the show. It pisses me off because Walt acts like an entitles cunt for 6 seasons or something
>>
>>63127887
That's the point. It's like complaining because Livia Soprano is a fucking bitch and gets away with it
>>
hey guys
season 5.0
walt mike pink
logos ethos pathos
>>
>>63127344
Huh? Not that anon, but I'm pretty damn sure It goes

>Walt being a shit
>Gus wants to replace him with Gale
>Jesse kill Gale
>Gus strikes a deal with Jesse
>Gus gives Walt a warning, and leaves it there
>Walt poisons Brock to get Jesse on his side to kill Gus because he's a greedy fuck
>>
>>63127887
That's a major point of the series, though. Walt isn't praised, and he isn't treated like a hero.
>>
>>63130216

Again, the first remote sign of tension in their relationship was when Gus brought him out to
the desert to ask him if he was fucking insane after he ran down the 2 drug dealers. Then immediately afterwards, without a breath in between, he started arranging for Gale to replace Walt.

Mike specifically says that everything collapsed because of Walt's ego, so unless he's saying Walt ran down the drug dealers due to his ego the statement makes no sense.
>>
Because Walt didn't know his place and was always trying to get his way.
>>
>>63130216
He wanted Gale from the get go because Gus knew he had control over him. He knew the market and Walts product, Gus wanted Walt's formula. Walt proved to be a liability so Gus was kind of right, he probably anticipated it because before Walt was an owner and went to employee, not coowner which likely would have soothed his ego. But Gus wanted his guy to be Heisenberg.
>>
>>63130334
Except Walt knew the dealers were a part of Gus' operation. If he killed those two, only to find that out later, it would be a different story. But he had that knowledge before he ran them over.

He went and killed them knowing full well that Gus could not retaliate immediately and kill Walt. He called Gus' bluff, and that was all due to his ego. Walt made sure Gus knew he had a hand over him, and that's what caused the eventual collapse.
>>
>>63130334

Except the threat to kill Walt's children was right before Walt found out Skyler took his money, which was the moment he went after Gus.

>>63131709
I know, but I feel like the anon who posted >>63127344 is ignoring that Walt had an out and Gus was going to be cool with Jesse being the cook. THAT was what Mike was talking about. If Walt had just left it all alone and let Jesse cook, the system would've stayed still.

Also, Gus was cool with Walt being his cook until Walt started fucking with the system.
>>
File: le black science man.webm (198 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
le black science man.webm
198 KB, 854x480
That show was so full of shit.
>>
>>63131982

>THAT was what Mike was talking about

Mike fans. You people are hilarious. The guy was a hypocrite. Even the writers said he was being selective in his remembering was happened.

Walt fucked it up by protecting Jesse, the same guy whose dick Mike was sucking later. Even Gale knew Gus was going to have Walt whacked because he couldn't control him.

Bottom line is, Gus was right. Walt was right. Walt won. It was that simple. Mike was just a whiney bitch just like he was later because it turned out all the guys he vetted turned out to be fucking snitches.
>>
>>63127137
>Mike was right

This.

Never has there been a more based character
>>
Gus wanted to get rid of them since the beginning specially Jesse who he always saw as a junkie.

Walt did right killing them all.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.