[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No one actually thinks these are well made shows right? Even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17
File: Flash-Arrow-TV-Crossover-Art.jpg (74 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
Flash-Arrow-TV-Crossover-Art.jpg
74 KB, 700x350
No one actually thinks these are well made shows right?

Even the fans of must know how shit the writing and acting are, right?

How do these shows, especially Flash, receive praise while the Snyderverse is panned?
>>
It's a live action cartoon, and it's fun to watch, at least on The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Gotham and Supergirl side of things. Arrow is just a big piece of smelly dogshit.
>>
>>72027982
People like the CW shows because they actually resemble the source material, especially The Flash.

I know, I know; comic books are dumb trash for children, right? But you still spend ninety percent of your time on this board defending a comic book movie, so don't act like you're too good for the medium. That's why people dislike the "Snyderverse" movies. They think they are too good for the medium. He looks at men in spandex punching each other, and thinks he can make high art out of it.

It's so very silly.
>>
Arrow gets regularly shitted on after becoming so much worse. Why Flash is praised so hard is beyond me. The ratio between cheesey comic book charm and shitty teenage melodrama along with crap jokes and atrocious acting is like 1 to 100.
>>
Also as an aside, the fan appreciation for these shows pretty much disproves the notion that casual audiences hate anything that isn't Marvel out of some perverse brand loyalty.

No, they just hate Snyder. They love DC cartoons. They love DC video games. They love DC television shows, and people loved Nolan's movies.
>>
>>72028134
If you watched both, you would understand. Arrow literally pisses you off and gives you the finger shoving shit down your throat. Flash takes itself less seriously and gives you cheesy comic stuff that makes you smile from ear to ear.
>>
>>72028247
Wretched dialogue makes you smile from ear to ear?
>>
>>72028247

I get why people like it as I mentioned, but the level of critical acclaim seems very odd. Flash does take itself pretty seriously at times and they're usually the worst moments.
>>
>>72028247
Based Malcolm saves the show tho
>>
>>72027982
>especially Flash
Okay I'm not a big fan of either, but you have to admit Flash is at least watchable whereas Arrow is so incredibly awful it's tough to even imagine how the production team thought it seemed good.
>>
>>72028943
>Based Malcolm saves the show tho
But he no longer serves any purpose other than to say how much he loves his daughter, then fuck up Thea's life, its a total waste of John Barrowman
>>
>>72029025
Flash wouldn't exist if not for the runaway success of Arrow.
>>
The Flash is badly written but somehow really really enjoyable.
Arrow is just awful.

Correlates with the accuracy to the comics desu
>>
>>72029130
Yeah, but at the time Arrow was okay too. Everyone was impressed by how Arrow seemed to be getting better and better as time went on, but then after season two it really went downhill fast. Flash has been consistently mediocre, whereas Arrow went from mediocre to good to terrible.
>>
File: Danielle-Panabaker-HD-Photos[1].jpg (2 MB, 2400x3600) Image search: [Google]
Danielle-Panabaker-HD-Photos[1].jpg
2 MB, 2400x3600
Don't mind me, just posting best girl.
>>
>>72029096
He also loves to sneak into peoples apartments/lairs just to remind them he used to be Ra's Al Ghul
>>
File: Why So Infidel.jpg (75 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Why So Infidel.jpg
75 KB, 960x960
Dropped arrow because Steven Amell sounds like a complete bitch. He's also not funny and playful like Green Arrow, but a moody and whiny pussy. Every female character is fucking horrible. Is felicity still doing her dry-eyed crying scenes every episode?

The episode where Sarah poisons herself was so shit I felt like I had the flu watching it. But I didn't drop it until the "I'm gonna run for mayor lol" plot.

Watched every episode of Flash so far. But I probably won't pick it up again. It's just the same shit.

Why can't every superhero show be made by Netflix desu?

They drag the seasons on for 20+ episodes.

10 would suffice if you skipped all the fucking nonsense and kept it to a villain per season and not a new one every fucking episode.
>>
>>72029422
And every villain is cringier than the one before.

Do they find these actors on craigslist?

Like what the fuck is captain cold even supposed to be? He's a faggot in a wintercoat that shoots ice. Should be pretty easy for the fastest man alive to take care of some bond villain faggot in a blue canada goose jacket.
>>
>>72029422
>Why can't every superhero show be made by Netflix desu?
Fucking no
The CW is bad, but DD is far worse. It takes itself so seriously, but the writing and acting is just as terrible, aside from Jon Bernthal
>>
>>72029422
He's basically Batman with a bow and arrow because they can't afford real Batman.
>>
>>72028049
>live action cartoon

How ironic that JLU is a far better written show with more mature themes
>>
File: 12822292.jpg (90 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
12822292.jpg
90 KB, 640x640
Flash is top tier capeshit, along w Daredevil, Snyder Trinity

Yeah it has budget constraints, yeah it's cheesy, but it retains the energy and silliness of the silver age and comic ridiculousness in general. It has heart and the antagonist arc was realy well done in the first season.
>>
>>72028049
Gotham>>>Flash>LoT>Supergirl>>>>2 Broke Girls>>>>>Arrow
>>
>>72029513
>He's a faggot in a wintercoat that shoots ice.
>>
>>72029513
>>72029826
>>
>>72029653
>Fucking no
>The CW is bad, but DD is far worse.
Daredevil has great villains and acting. Fat lawyer and Matt could use some work. But the supporting characters are great. And as you said, Jon's pure kino.

A netflix format would improve these shows a lot. 10 episodes dropped all at once instead of 25 episodes spread over several months.as intriguing as a race between snails
>>
>>72028049
First two seasons of Arrow were great imo. Even season 3 had its moments. The first two/three episodes of the show were absolute GOAT tho
>>
>>72029901
>A netflix format would improve these shows a lot. 10 episodes dropped all at once instead of 25 episodes spread over several months.as intriguing as a race between snails

Very true. Or at least each season should have a couple arcs instead of just one.
>>
File: WardBestGirl.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WardBestGirl.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
Best Network Capeshow
>>
>>72029826
>>72029859
>Implying show Snart is that based.

No he actually is a faggot in a wintercoat who's made out to seem based because the flash is a complete cuck.
>>
>>72028585
The serious moments of Flash with the father and Reverse Flash are the purest form of GOAT
>>
People watch superhero media for entertainment. Snyder movies provide no entertainment.

Marvel movies, DC TV shows, most of the cartoons... Despite all of their darker twists and turns, they are ultimately an uplifting, enjoyable experience, and they infuse the setting with a sense of wonder and adventure that is what people want when they decide to watch men in tights saving the world.

Snyder's movies are simply not entertaining. Snyder has shown time and again that he is dismissive of the genre as a whole, and this translates into an obsession with "deconstructing" the heroes and making everything darker and somber. Snyder wants to turn superhero movies, esentially fun blockbusters, into some sort of human interest drama to validate himself as a filmmaker despite producing cape media, but he is simply not skilled enough to achieve the dramatic heights he aspires, neither are the characters in their essence primed for this kind of interpretation, particularly not under the strain of setting up their cinematic universe. The result is that his movies are neither the dramas Snyder aspires them to be, nor the fun action romps audiences are looking for. They're a half-baked in-between that has its moments, but ultimately leaves a sour aftertaste.

Compound that to Snyder's unwillingness to admit to his faults and his inability to promote his movies without shit-talking the most succesful alternate, and he inexorably also creates a lot of pre-built hate towards his stuff.

By nothing but his own mishandling of everything from directing to PR, Snyder has made himself and DC Films the Ed Rooney of Marvel/DCTV's Ferris Buller.
>>
The last season of the flash almost has made me not want to see the next one. The acting and dialog has gotten god awful.
>>
File: b8 m8.webm (535 KB, 760x314) Image search: [Google]
b8 m8.webm
535 KB, 760x314
>>72029653
>The CW is bad, but DD is far worse.
>>
>>72029826
>>72029859

Johnswanking at its finest.
>>
>>72029973
>Implying show Snart is that based.

No, I'm just pointing out that his gun doesn't shoot ice.
>>
>>72029969
Nah, it's Flash level. Not very good writing but still pretty fun.
>>
>>72030084
What happened?
>>
>>72030186
Literally taking things literally

If this was 2008 I'd tell you that you must be fun at parties.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (12 KB, 236x213) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
12 KB, 236x213
>>72029969
>Agents of S.H.I.T
>>
>>72027982
When does Flash get good?
I'm on episode six and it's hokey as fuck, but Iris' dad and Dr Wells are pretty good
>>
>>72030360
Black Laurel isn't dead yet. He won by punching the bad guy lmao, Evil Laurel paid a visit, cisco literally can't stop quipping. Lost his speed, good as new within 2 episodes.

That was just shit off the top of my head.

It's bad fan fiction.
>>
>>72029379
>best girl

I think you mean worst actress, holy shit she is awful. Anything that requires her to emote really shows how bad she is
>>
>>72030440
>I think you mean worst actress
The only time she seems like a good actress is when Felicity is in the same room.
>>
>>72030407
It's pretty episodic meaning the good parts are spread out. Luckily, the finale (last two eps) are pure kino. The Arrow crossover is bretty gud also. But if i were to pinpoint exactly at what point it becomes more serious and less "fillery", i would say
The Nuclear Man (ep 13)
>>
>>72030438
>Black Laurel
>Evil Laurel
Do i want to know?
>>
Why did Arrow have to turn to shit after Season 2?
>>
>>72030741
Black Laurel is Iris because they are both the leading shitfactor of each their shows.

Evil Laurel is the literal Laurel from another world.

I pray for some twilight zone type accident to just wipe them all out.
>>
>>72030775
Because they decided to cater to the type of people that "ship" tv-characters.
>>
>>72030967
Is Season 4 any better?
>>
>>72030967
I dropped it episode 5 or something I think. But I can't imagine it would be better. All the actors are awful, the writers are awful and the network is just complete garbage.
>>
>>72031001
see
>>72031082
>>
>>72031001
It just gets worse. 4 is even shittier than 3 if you can imagine that.
>>
>>72029653
Finally, someone else who sees through the hype.
>>
>It's an olicity kills the show season
>tfw the flash writers try to save arrow with the flashpoint paradox
>tfw arrow writers will pretend nothing happened
>>
File: dub.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
dub.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
>>72028366
>>
File: Grimm.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Grimm.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2000
>>72029379
She's actually physically deformed
>>
>>72029969
>Agents of mediocrity
>>
>>72031952
Don't see it
>>
>>72027982

DC fans are so desperate for screen content that they have to dick suck the CW so they can keep putting out their awfully written garbage.
>>
What happens in s3 that is so bad? Saw the first ep and i didn't notice anything
>>
File: Danielle-Panabaker-Feet-59833.jpg (744 KB, 2550x3397) Image search: [Google]
Danielle-Panabaker-Feet-59833.jpg
744 KB, 2550x3397
>>72032062
>>
File: HURTS.png (2 MB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
HURTS.png
2 MB, 1200x900
>>72027982
>Arrowman isn't in JL because of shitty TV show
>Dropped Suicide Squad plotline because of shitty movie coming out
Behold the power of the DCEU
>>
File: zUWgeY3.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
zUWgeY3.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>72027982
N-no its the b-best thing ever.
>>
>>72032794
What the fuck

Context?
>>
File: 1466626623191.jpg (21 KB, 228x232) Image search: [Google]
1466626623191.jpg
21 KB, 228x232
>>72033165
He was watching the final episode of it and filmed himself crying.
>>
>>72027982
it's CW show, only idiots will think it will be a top tier tv drama. flash is just good enough to entertain you on tuesday night, and if you read comics, it's pretty much faithful to it and does not divert enormously like where arrow is now.
>>
Flash is bearable because its fun most of the time and its neat to see what they can get away with on a tv budget. However as a Flash fan I fucking hate a lot on this show
>Barry is a retard who cant function without at least 3 of the 12 people who know his identity yell "run faster" into his earpiece
>Do next to nothing with the Rogues
>Shit acting
Comic Barry got stuff done on his own and had a decent villain roster to compliment. But I digress

Arrow on the other hand was never fucking good to begin with. It was rehashed Nolan Batman shit that only festered over time. And yeah Green Arrow is technically a ripoff of Batman, but these writers didnt even try. Not to mention the mary sue cancer that is Felicity.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zmpA2R3B9U
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.