[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Share The shorts!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
Send me short Films that intrigue and really hit the spot for you. I want to get inspired and see other peoples creativity.

Here is one I made ! Let me know what you think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v7aJzJvqJw
>>
>>71919611
Nice, some good stuff. Nothing particularly inventive but it was shot well and told a good revenge story.

Some bits struck me hard as "Student Film-y", if that makes sense. Think it was something in the acting, everyone kinda felt like they weren't really into it. Michael psyching himself up in the car was actually pretty solid though, so props on that.

Your murders were a little iffy. First there's not enough blood with the first guy (was that a kitchen knife, by the way? Who the fuck carries a kitchen knife around?) and when Michael gets stabbed there's blood EVERYWHERE, even on his mouth. Didn't make much sense considering he was shot in the side.

All in all way better than my work so far, in terms of cinematography and lighting. Keep it up.
>>
>>71920170
*stabbed in the side

Fuck me I'm tired.

Anyway, last question, how'd you do that title thing, where it shows up behind someone walking?
>>
Also this is an /fmg/ now
>>
>>71920170
Appreciate you sitting through it man! Yea some things defo needed worked on and time issue lead to some sloppy props etc! What's an fmg sorry? Not familiar with actually posting on 4chan haha
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqyQMX4rwHs

Enjoy!
>>
>>71921139
Filmmaking General. We post our shit and talk about what we're doing next.
>>
>>71921448
Can you link me the thread? I'm useless with the navigation of this shit !-.-
>>
>>71921501
I'm saying this IS the /fmg/ now.

I'm doing a Hotline Miami short in the near future, but I'm not sure how good I'll do considering my previous work. I haven't been able to make anything of note yet, so I'm considering just doing a couple of 2-minute shorts in the same vein to harness my skills.
>>
>>71921653
Can I see something you've made? , I want to start writing more comedies personally! Upcoming projects are consisting of horrors tho!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wt15z-O5s0
>>
>>71921754
Here's one of my latest. It's absolute shit, but hey at least it's something.

https://youtu.be/K-XIm_r6EQs

I know the sound is ass, the actors are pretty bad, and the shooting isn't fantastic, but it was my first try at making something on a real deadline and I got saddled with a bunch of retards for cast/crew, so this is what I got.

Also I broke down trying to do ADR for this so I eventually just gave the fuck up and added in production audio.

Next one I'm really hoping I can actually put shit together properly, learn lighting and how to optimize the camera (Canon 70D), maybe get some new lenses.
>>
>>71921653

Why not something completely original as opposed to a Hotline Miami short?
>>
>>71922165
I've got an 80's boner at the moment and I can't seem to write anything good and original at the moment that really fits the vibe.

I'm using HM as sort of a conduit for making original shit within an adaptation.
>>
I want to ask questions about how I can do shit, but the thing is I feel like I'm just too lazy to try and look it up or figure it out on my own.
>>
>>71922055
Some of the shots actually look pretty tasty! acting may not be amazing but even your costumes are on point! finish it up!

God ADR can be soul destroying!
>>
>>71921988
That was pretty fucking cool. Wouldn't know the first thing about creating something like that !
>>
>>71922465
I'm way past trying to finish it up now. Just looking to actually work on something new.
>>
My take on it.

Directing and editing are good. There's really nice takes. There's some issues though. Different lightnings in the beginning of the movie, there's no tone of "grievance" of some sorts.

Storywise it's filled with cliches and seems really amateurish. Like carrying a kitchen knife (?) to a courthouse, although since it's made in Great Britain I think you had problems finding a real knife (kek).
The actors are ok but I couldn't understand shit from the thugs.

Here's a great short film/music video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFIEGoEUJNk
Enjoy
>>
>>71922573
Haha fair enough! Would love to out shooting something right now,
>>
>>71922584
Did have some serious prop issues! Totally agree with the lighting at the beginning! Strange tho , few people picked up on the light issue which I found bizzar! Appreciate the feedback! will check that film now :D
>>
I saw this short years ago that I really loved, but I can't remember what it was called or who was in it. The one guy who I was ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN starred in it... apparently did not. Maybe someone can help me find it?

It's set in winter and it's about a drifter who finds a deserted house in the middle of this snowy wilderness and breaks in for shelter. I believe he has a dog.

Anyway, upon breaking in, he steps on a board that has nails jutting out of it and then a mysterious possibly masked man shows up. The drifter hides in a fridge but his dog gives him away and then I think he realizes that the fridge can only be open from outside.

There was also a frozen girl in the fridge. The possibly masked guy is a killer. The drifter, I think, removes the body before the other guy shows up. The dog dies, probably.

Anyone know what the fuck this thing was?
>>
https://vimeo.com/169090417

Stop-motion short about a cannibal
>>
>>71922789
Wanna know what this is now ffs.
>>
>>71923179
It's one of those things that has plagued me for years. The other is a horror movie from the early 90's about a what I remember was a humanoid tentacle monster.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.