[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie wouldve been really good if eisenberg didnt ruin it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 1080x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 1080x540
>>
>eisenberg was bad meme

Lex Jnr was great lad what are you on about?
>>
He was legitimately an awful character, but just one of many missteps of the flick
>>
File: 14282827272644.jpg (214 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
14282827272644.jpg
214 KB, 500x650
>>71914466
He is a great villain.

Eisenberg was cast because he's the antithesis of Superman. He lacks physicality and relies on wits.
A lot of complaints stem from the fact that he doesn't resemble the Luthor in the comics, but fail to realize that this modernized version of Lex represents the modern billionaire millenial. He's a whiny cynical Mark Zuckerberg-type who feels he's above the the laws of man. His subtle facial expressions convey that there's a thin line between genius and madness. His performance is way more nuanced than many people give him credit for, and describing it simply as 'cringy' is a disservice, in my opinion.

Pleb filter performance:
>Whiny edgelords hate him and cringe because he acts too much like them.
>Fanboys get mad because not muh Luthor
>>
>>71914600
Perfect Lex origin story. Starts off proto-Lex, fucks Batman and Superman's shit up, creates a god monster, learns the knowledge of the cosmos, and finally jailed.

NOW he's Lex
>>
File: 1428277365482.jpg (79 KB, 286x312) Image search: [Google]
1428277365482.jpg
79 KB, 286x312
>>71914495
shit taste
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 1024x768
>you didnt like my movie anon?
>>
>>71914466
>this movie would't suck if snyder, eisenberg and amy adams. didn't ruin it
>>
>>71914466
Eseinkike was horrible but the character was written poorly as well.

But rhe worst part about the movie was that it was 30 disjointed scenes without a coherent thread to tie many of them together. It was very obviously poorly written, shot, and edited. Eisenkike was just the worst character so it is what most normies pick up on.
>>
File: BvS Beegees.webm (2 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
BvS Beegees.webm
2 MB, 1920x800
>>71914466

On rewatch I like him, some of his lines fall flat but for the most part is a wormy little toad who is smarter than everyone in the room until it all starts to go to shit.
>>
>>71914815
But there is no reason any of his tricks should have worked other than the wherlchsir bomb. Literally none of his 2 smart 4 u schemes should have worked except that.
>>
vhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c
>>
Just finished it for the first time. Eisenberg was fine. Maybe a little cringey, but not the worst part (in terms of acting).

The film is a mess. Even the director's cut. There's just not enough clarity. That's not to say that it's hard to understand, but it's just not pleasant to watch because it's so disjointed and character arcs seem so muddled.
>>

this sentence applies to every Jesse Eisenberg movie to be honest.
>>
>>71914913
And even that one, how did he know superman couldn't see through lead?

He had no way to plan almost any of his schemes. Where was his info coming from?
>>
>>71914600
People flip shit when it isn't exactly like the comics, instead of asking questions like "why was this changed from the comics; how does this change in setting affect the change in character?"

The movie still sucked.
>>
Fucking Lois Lane running around trying to uncover some boring ass shit with absolutely no consequences (oh no it's Lex!, better do something, oh wait too late!)
>>
as someone who didn't knew the character from the comics and haven't seen jesse in anything else I think he did great, also isn't he Lex's son?
>>
>>71914466
I could feel the whole cinema cringing when he started doing that DING DING DING DING
>>
>>71915009
>>71914913

>had almost 2 years to plan
>is a multi-billionaire with unlimited resources
>gained access to Zod's body and the kryptonian ship and its computer
>HOW HE DO DAT

Jesus christ you guys need to be spoonfed a lot don't you, and even then you shut your mouths and turn away while pretending you have ironclad legit criticisms.
>>
>>71915062

>also isn't he Lex's son?

both characters are named Lex, it doesn't matter what their names are, Jesse is for all intents and purpose the Lex Luthor character that is Superman's nemesis, his father was dead long before Clark even came to Earth.
>>
>>71915077
Gaining zod's body and the ship was the last part of his plan. How did he know he needed it? There are some very serious parts of the basic plot that are apparently explained by lex luthor having his own superpower of just knowing relevant plot ponts magically.
>>
>>71914466
Did he have any backup plan in case Doomsday didn't got killed by Superman?
>>
>This movie wouldve been really good if lois lane didnt ruin it
Fixed
>>
>>71915247
Nope. Once again retardation in the plot. He wants to destroy a god by creating another.
>>
Finally watched SvB the other night.
Found it perfectly acceptable and enjoyed it. People said it was hard to follow with all the jumps to different characters. Maybe if you are retarded. I liked Eisenberg as Lex. Batfleck was meh but after the bit in the well, where the bats lifted him out while flying around him I didnt expect much. Wonder woman needed to be way more buff but her character and the other tie-ins were fine.

Nitpicking but its got some weird inconsistencies. We can see Batflecks parents get murdered or him branding criminals, but they cut very obviously before fishburne says bitch. Batfleck flings a heavy crate into a baddy. It smacks him in the head looses all momentum and falls to the floor, while the criminal flies back smacks his head against the wall and there is a weird blood-splat. Box should have fucking crushed him against the wall.
>>
>hey look at me, im quirky and autistic, like all of my other roles
>>
Lex or no this film is kino of the highest order
>>
>>71915292
>this movie wouldve been really good if snyder didnt ruin it

fixed
>>
>>71915457
It isn't hard to follow. It is hard to want to follow. Because it is literally 30 disjointed scenes. And the characters have little actual shown motivation. And the the plot itself isn't well fleshed out.

For some reason people think it is deep probobly because they thought it was hard to follow. And there are references to mythology. But if you have an 8th grade reading level it was not hard to follow. It just was a chore to follow with disjointed scenes. And for fucks sake what was with the shakeycam?
>>
>>71914466
I didn't like his performance at first but it grew on me. He's giving max effort which I appreciate
>>
>>71914815
I wasn't really sold on him much during the film, until his speech at the end about bringing down God. I thought that bit was pretty excellent
>>
I don't think it would have been good, but it would have been better.
>>
File: image.png (151 KB, 751x824) Image search: [Google]
image.png
151 KB, 751x824
this movie would've been better if it didn't exist.
>>
>>71914643
Sure
but he's still Eisenberg, which is a problem going forward
hoping post-prison lex is recast as billy zane
>>
How can you even defend Lex? Prometheus speech, constantly forcing metaphors about god, what the fuck are "Daddy's abominations"? All of his lines were so forced and half the time he was rambling about shit other people weren't even talking about. The character sucked and Eisenberg sucked and together they guaranteed no one will remember this movie a year from now.
>>
Just finished watching the directors cut

the movie wasnt ruined by eisenberg. It wasnt ruined by lois either. It was ruined by not having any unbelievably amazing scenes. Apart from a few minutes during the actual batman vs superman fight (which was still mostly ruined by the trailers) the movie hovered between above average and good throughout. Not enough great.
>>
>>71917917
He got molested.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.