[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Currently on Season 3, this has slowly become probably my third
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: gabagool.png (146 KB, 491x263) Image search: [Google]
gabagool.png
146 KB, 491x263
Currently on Season 3, this has slowly become probably my third favourite show of all time behind The Wire and Mad Men.

Why is it so good lads?

I know most of the spoilers so your shitposts mean nothing
>>
Just wait, it may surpass those other two shows.

It is a well put together show with a superb cast, writing group, and directors.
>>
Because Chase never had to pull any of his punches

He could write and film whatever he wanted thanks to HBO, and could get away with it.
>>
I think Sopranos worked so well because it was the most lifelike show in that we felt all the little moments. It's like Tony's speech at the end of "I Dream of Jeannie Cusamano."

It wasn't just all the big events like Chris getting shot by those two wannabes or Tony near death experience. It was the little things like him eating Ice Cream with young AJ or the guys talking shit at the club.

Sopranos specialized in the micro details. It's also what made Mad Men so special. In comparison a show like Boardwalk Empire tried to match gangster movies more and didn't feel as special.
>>
>>71895243
It's better than the Wire, bro
Weiner wrote for both Mad Men and Sopranos. He is a top tier writer because the characters in his shows are so deep
>>
>>71895420

It's a very different show to the wire 2bh
>>
File: 1462328450269.jpg (11 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
1462328450269.jpg
11 KB, 249x202
>>71895243
>Behind Mad Men
>>
File: Pontecorvos.jpg (48 KB, 570x364) Image search: [Google]
Pontecorvos.jpg
48 KB, 570x364
>>71895243

Bloody onion rings why?
>>
File: Pine_Barrens.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Pine_Barrens.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
>>71895243
>Liking the Sopranos this long after it ended

It's literally the italian version of Shaft or Dolemite
>>
>>71898086

Paulie had the same phone I had back then.
>>
>>71895243
By the end of season 4 it will be your first favorite.
>>
It's the one show that both normies and 'muh artistry' fags both find things to enjoy in.
>>
>>71898779
I don't understand why

It's fake italian tough guy in every situation possible, it reeks of insecurity behind the writing. Literally no different than Shaft or Dolemite.

I think kids love this stuff though, but there will come a day when people will not be able to watch this show without rolling their eyes
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.