[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw Victor Frankenstein. I thought it was good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: victorfrank.jpg (495 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
victorfrank.jpg
495 KB, 1280x720
Just saw Victor Frankenstein. I thought it was good.
>>
Sup Max
>>
>>63077794
Did you see it?
>>
MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS

Welcome to the hourly Max Landis everybody! Check the official Max Landis Youtube channel, check the official Max Landis Twitter and remember to check out American Ultra on Blu-ray! Also be sure to get your tickets for Victor Frankenstein today!

Do your part to save original ideas in Hollywood!

MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS
>>
>it has igor in it

igor has nothing to do with frankenstein, why are they still doing this. fuck off igor.
>>
It's alright
>>
I never come to /tv/ so I don't know your memes. Would you like to talk about the movie?
>>
>>63077872

Who's Igor?
>>
File: 8763.png (136 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
8763.png
136 KB, 250x250
>An early sequence involving a prototype for the monster, fashioned primarily from a chimpanzee, sees McGuigan generate some visual excitement, but Landis spoils even this by throwing in a cutesy in-joke directed at Comic-Con attendees, with someone repeatedly announcing that Frankenstein will be holding a “big presentation in Hall H!”
>>
>>63077872
I you have a Gothic or Victorian scientist they have to have an Igor. It just has to be that way.
>>
>>63077898
some character hollywood made up.
>>
>>63077911
How does this affect the quality of the movie?
>>
>>63077953

Says so right in the quote anon. This kind of pandering always pulls the breaks and completely annihilates any momentum or immersion a scene has created. Might as well look into the camera and wink.
>>
landis' movies don't deserve these budgets.
>>
>>63078049

Well his last two were complete bombs so taking his last name into account, I'd say he has eight or nine more tries before Hollywood pulls the plug..
>>
>>63078047
>One reference that only a few people could possibly get ruins the movie
>>
MAX LANDIS
HES THE MAN
WHOS FILMS FUCKING SUCK
AND HE IS A KEK
HIS DAD HIRED PILOTS WHO COULDNT STEAR
CRUSHED CHILDREN WITH HELICOPTER GEARS
AND HIS MOVIES ARE NEVER SEEN BY ANYONE
>>
>>63078195

Who are you quoting? No one said that ruined the movie but it is definitely a symptom of a larger problem which is that Max spends more time pandering and patting himself on the back than he does creating interesting characters or stories.
>>
>>63078049
>>63078049
>landis' movies

is he the producer? is he the director? do you realize a writer has fuck at all say on the budget or production of a movie? hes just a pen for hire and even then, the director has the last call on using his script or mutilate it.

>inb4 im max
>>
File: lYv1p.gif (1 MB, 300x172) Image search: [Google]
lYv1p.gif
1 MB, 300x172
>>63077911
>>
"A Conversation With Max Landis"

>Max Landis talks for thirty minutes
>Jay asks a question once every five minutes
>Mike continues to try to drink himself to death
>>
>Halloween movie released during Christmas season
>>
>>63078378
Max plz go.
>>
>>63079306
It's about Frankenstein but it's doesn't go that angle. It would be disingenuous to market it as a scary movie or one even with that theme.
>>
File: 1433364339995.png (59 KB, 576x507) Image search: [Google]
1433364339995.png
59 KB, 576x507
>>63077911
>>
>>63079471
>Frankenstein is horror icon up there with Dracula and Wolfman
>"it would disingenous to market it as a scary movie"

Why even make the movie
>>
>>63079777
It's a different aspect of Frankenstein. It follows the man and his assistant that is made up for the story. It's about a couple of scientists. There only two parts that could be considered scary. The rest is light.
>>
>>63077773
was frankenstein's monster intelligent or no?
>>
>>63077911
I don't get it
>>
>>63080003
No. It was a soulless monster with no intelligence.
>>
>>63077898
it's Dankbud Radspliff
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.