[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Coon, spook, spade, moolie, jigaboo, nig-nog, *those* are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
>Coon, spook, spade, moolie, jigaboo, nig-nog, *those* are racial slurs towards black people! Porch Monkey is not!

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71800245
>My grandmother always told me to be nice to the Jewish kids or else they'd put the Sheeny curse on me
>>
People are so obsessed with what is racist and sexist that they forget about context. They immediately call something racist and sexist just because, in some people with too much time on their hands, can be lead to being interpreted as such. A cosplayer using makeup to darken her skinto look like a certain character is not blackface. You're missing out on the context that blackface involves a theatric to insult black people and not because someone of lighter skin just became darker for a moment. There needs to be an active intent behind blackface.

Dubs for anime aren't racist because we don't pick voice actors that match the race they are playing. Voice actors are chosen by how much their voice match the character or their overexposure to the mainstream. That Assassin's creed game with the black female lead would still suck even if they casted a black woman for that part rather than the white one they chose.

I guess it's human nature to think the worse of others because we also see that in ourselves and we try to rank ourselves above the scum of the world. We are all racist and sexist based on the perspective of the watcher at certain moments in our lives, but that action ignores the real racist and sexist that exist in society. If we don't turn our attention to these true monsters and get caught up in little tizzy drama manufactured by mainstream media, we will all turn into porch monkeys, lazing around and not evolving beyond our base instincts of insulting the problem away and reaching the progress we so desperately want.
>>
>>71800637
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71800696
dunno lol tl dr
>>
>>71800245

> Oh, bullshit! My grandmother used to call me a porch monkey all the time when I was a kid because I'd sit on the porch and stare at my neighbors!
>>
>>71800245
He meant that not every word in the world is racist. So we as a society need to calm the fuck down. I'm from New England, and we don't even call chocolate sprinkles "jimmies" any more because "das rayciss."
>>
This whole thing was one of the better ideas Smith has come up with
>>
>>71800245
he ment that people are assholes and nothing they say means anything

just a bunch of lunatics all atempting to live together peacefully by acting like thats a normal thing
>>
>>71800245

I'm taking it back
>>
>>71800245
>What did he mean by this?
He meant he's taking it back.
>>71800696
>What did he mean by this?
What did you mean by this?
>>
he didn't have the balls to say nigger
>>
Randall was the GOAT
>>
>>71800245
its ok honey you cant taste racism?

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1466837861353.jpg (49 KB, 650x427) Image search: [Google]
1466837861353.jpg
49 KB, 650x427
>>71801432
>calling chocolate sprinkles "jimmies" in the first place
You have bigger problems, trust me.
>>
>>71802902

But he does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYITxGniww4
>>
HAHAHA POSTED AGAIN

WELL MEMED
>>
>>71801432

>we don't even call chocolate sprinkles "jimmies" any more

I have never heard anyone say this outside 4chan
>>
Was this the last good thing Kevin Smith made?
>>
>>71803346
>good
>>
>>71803346
He almost made something good but God hates him alot
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.