[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> GOAT cinematography > GOAT soundtrack > Original,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: Interstellar_film_poster.jpg (42 KB, 260x406) Image search: [Google]
Interstellar_film_poster.jpg
42 KB, 260x406
> GOAT cinematography
> GOAT soundtrack
> Original, new and interesting plot

Memeposting aside, can we all agree that this is the best film so far this century?
>>
>>71799167
If it didn't have that god awful ending it would have been better.
>>
>>71799167
I agree with you that it is at the top of being such an amazing movie made recently.

Why people hate it? Because it made no sense he entered some wormhole time travel thing? Oh come on this is sci fi!

I actually went into the cinema knowing NOTHING of what I was going to expect. I saw no trailers at all and I was so shocked and amazed with what I saw: believing this movie was about some farmer who was seeing strange things; then suddenly they began talking about destruction of the earth, then he was in the spaceship and the more and more I watched each scene I became more and more amazed with this Nolan movie which is pure genius!
>>
>>71799234
>ending shit
>crappy power of love speech
>the whole premise based on "something else" showing them this part of space and then it just gets dropped
>>
>>71799285
That something else was "us" in the future
>>
>>71799167
Its a movie for its time. Just like 2001 was.
In 20 years it will be just as dated as 2001 is to us today, in concept and execution.
>>
>>71799167
A lot of the hate comes form reddit marxists. If his motivation was getting a fake dick for his preop transgender daughter they would shit all over it. But since he is doing everything for his kids the movie is promoting strong family ties and marxists can't have that so they shitpost.
>>
>>71799167
You're autistic, right? Why do you think you can judge originality or cinematography, if you haven't seen a single film made before 2000?
>>
>>71799354
*they wouldn't
>>
>>71799340
>dated as 2001 is to us today
Jesus this thread is full on autistic, I should leave now.
>>
>>71799375
You created this god awful thread, now deal with it.
>>
>>71799447
Why the hell do you think it was me? Literally every single post ITT is autism.
>>
>>71799340

ha ha holy shit

that's some good b8
>>
>>71799477
Including your own.
>>
> Wanted to discuss a good movie instead of memeposting and capeshit talk
> Get called an autistic pleb

You guys are rude sometimes
>>
File: littlebitoftheoldinout.png (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
littlebitoftheoldinout.png
4 KB, 259x194
>>71799490
>>
>>71799552
>good movie
>nolan
Choose one.
>>
File: 1457405770927.jpg (164 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457405770927.jpg
164 KB, 1024x1024
that's some pleb-tier taste anon
>>
File: kirk.gif (469 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
kirk.gif
469 KB, 300x225
>>71799354
>>
File: uaV1HZA.jpg (92 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
uaV1HZA.jpg
92 KB, 900x900
>>71799167
good thread
>>
>new plot

>black holes
>new plot in science fiction
>relativistic travel
>humanity having to find a new planet
>space travel
>wormholes
>time travel

Woah there redd*t, have you never read a book before? This movie was a mess to anyone who's read a book before. It was just throwing ideas at the screen and ignorant plebs ate it up.

The only new thing they did was "love is the fifth dimension TARS!" Taken straight from The Fifth Element.
>>
Gravity was better.
>>
>>71799285
>speech

It was dialogue at best and just hippie shit coming from an Ivy League kid before the whole mission fails.
>>
>>71799738
kek
>>
File: 1467734648536.jpg (93 KB, 674x428) Image search: [Google]
1467734648536.jpg
93 KB, 674x428
I enjoyed this movie.
>>
>>71799167
Is this the one anon or is the 'Interstellar is a masterpiece' meme actually gaining traction?

Everyone in these threads who criticizes the movie's 'science' is just as retarded as the OP because as lame as it is, 'it's just a movie' is actually a pretty valid excuse.' If you want to shit on Interstellar think for 5 minutes and try to realize why you actually hate it, if you do and weren't just memed into hating everything Nolan does.

I fucking hate Interstellar but the 'true epic science' shit never once crossed my mind when I was watching it. I was bothered by how the whole movie feels like an autistic knockoff of every other 'epic' science-fiction movie ever made. Nolan can take ideas and images out of his head and put them on screen, but that's all he seems to be good for as a director. Interstellar has some decent looking space sequences, but they feel like uninspired imitations of 2001.

And if we look away from the visual side of the movie what's left? The plot is a confusing and poorly told mess that can't seem to decide if it's about human nature, the future of humanity, how awful we all are, how amazing we are or god-knows what else, a cast of characters so shallow that half of them are 99% tropes and the other half cardboard cutouts for them to bounce off of.

Really what does Interstellar have going for it? All I can think of are decent visuals which are mostly lifted from better movies. Everything other than visuals ranges from mediocre to straight up bad. Actually the score's okay. Nothing trailblazing for science-fiction but for Zimmer it's pretty interesting.
>>
File: its not necessary.jpg (368 KB, 1917x893) Image search: [Google]
its not necessary.jpg
368 KB, 1917x893
>>71799167

and that was the first hour.

the ending with the Harry Potter Magical Library was just awful
>>
When it was pointed out to me that there was no sun to actually provide light for the planets it ruined the movie. Other than that it was okay, except for when the guy is telling the robot to hurry on the wave planet which serves no purpose but to make him late.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.