[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mad Max Fury Road opening (black and white) https://www.you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: ddBPHpj.png (1 MB, 1920x1187) Image search: [Google]
ddBPHpj.png
1 MB, 1920x1187
Mad Max Fury Road opening (black and white)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpEwDBaOOQY
>>
>>71784019
I like this. George Miller was forced to shoot in Africa instead of Australia due to unseasonably lush flora, and had to apply a red filter over everything to make the sand and dirt look right. Black and white removes that problem entirely, and it adds to whole "everything is dead or dying" atmosphere.

inb4 shitposting
>>
>>71784105

I really like both takes. The black and white does make the world feel more dead but on the other hand the super saturated amped colors give everything a sort of atomic glow and makes it very surreal.
>>
>>71784203
It's just too bad that Heath Ledger died. He was most likely going to play Max, and he would have done a much better job at it than Big Guy. Not just because of the accent(which was not good), but because Heat Legend had that same quality of unhinged/detached but charming and genuinely empathetic that Mel Gibson had/has. They also probably would have made it sooner, and could have filmed it in Australia like the other 3, eliminating the need for the generic red filter or black and white. I loved Fury Road, but it's not as good as it could have been.
>>
>>71784482

>charming and genuinely empathetic
>Max

Did we watch the same series of movies?
>>
>>71784513
Okay, maybe charming is the wrong word, maybe I just meant handsome.
>>
>>71784482
>>71784541
L M A O
M
A
O

F A G G O T
A
G
G
O
T
>>
>>71784541

Mel certainly was more handsome at the time than Hardy is now. But if we assume this is the same Max (which it totally is) then he's gone through another 10 or 20 years of really hard shit. He shouldn't look handsome.
>>
>>71784513
>>71784541
He did truly care about people though, deep down. I think there's just some natural spark, that star power thing, that Tom Hardy lacks.
>>
File: image.jpg (200 KB, 1666x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200 KB, 1666x700
>>71784513
Not him but yea Mels Max was charming when he wanted something, empathetic? eh not so much
>>
>>71784609

I wouldn't call him charming. He was blunt and just offered cold straight forward deals because he had something they wanted.
>>
>>71784577
Mel is more handsome now than Hardy is now. And you can be worn down and haggered while still having a man's jawline
>>
>>71784592
Hardy is an excellent actor, Ledger is fucking pretty boy queen and couldn't possibly pull off Max. You might as well say Orlando Bloom would have been Max. You guys are fucking faggots
>>
>>71784637
Not necessarily charming to other people, but charming to the audience.
>>71784609
Come on, Max's whole arc is that he's a man who became a cop because he gives a shit about people and wants to protect them, but was forced to adopt a cold and somewhat unstable demeanor in order to cope with the loss of the people he cared most for that he couldn't problem. He has empathy, it's just buried, and it comes through in the eyes.
>>
>>71784690
Hardy is a fantastic character actor, but he can't carry a movie and make people care about him the way Heath could and Mel can. There's a sort of unplaceable, innate quality that real stars possess.
>>
>>71784700

He gets more uncaring and meaner with each movie. By the time we get to Fury Road he has just the tiniest shred of humanity left, shown in how he can barely even talk to people.

Sure there is still a tiny shred of it there but he is not an empathetic character. At the end of the day everything he does is still for himself after his family dies.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 400x163) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 400x163
>>71784637
charisma that's the word, he had fucktons of charisma, Hardy not so much
>>
>>71784780

Because Hardy was playing a very different Max. One who's been out in the wild alone for a lot longer and been through a lot more.
>>
>>71784761
It comes and goes. The events of the prequel comic/video game, with the little girl in the visions, happened not very long before the events of Fury Road, and they happened because he cared about that woman and her child. No matter how much his psyche tried to cover it, he can't help but care.
>>
hardy is a more beaten down lost confused max
>>
>>71784700
yea as far as being empathetic towards others, we do see it in his eyes he just never acts on it without some benefit to himself, it's like oh that poor girls gonna get raped, ah well moving on
>>
>>71784841

And again, there's a small part of him that does I've admitted that. But at the end of the day everything he does is for his own gain, even if it means helping others to get it.
>>
>>71784841
tries*
>>
It's a goddamn shame that we won't get any more Hardy Mad Max.
>>
>>71784886

It's still in talks and it actually sounds good. They have a shitload more footage already shot they can use so the budget would be quite a bit lower than the first and be just as good.
>>
what,miller said there would be more
>>
>>71784855
I don't think it comes through as well in Big Guy.
>>71784869
I think we just have different interpretations of the character.
>>
>>71784886
of course we will, he's signed on for 3, what da fuck u talking about?
>>
this was graded by a fan and it is glaringly obvious
>>
>>71784926
yea Mel could convey heaps of shit with a look, Hardy kinda has this too he's just not on the same level acting wise
>>
>>71784577

Men have the ability to go through the roughest shit and still look attractive.
>>
all i can say is that ill give miller as much time as he need to do what he needs to make wastelands perfect
>>
>>71784926

Perhaps. I have a hard time taking the interpretation of someone who speaks in memes seriously though.
>>
>>71785031
I don't "speak in memes." What are you, some kind of hothead?
>>
>>71784019
this looks like a film that was shot and thought on set with color and some fan just set the saturation to zero

not one shot is thought with shadows and spectrum of of greys in mind
>>
btw I'm about to upload the send off to pass town and the bullet farm in b&w
>>
>>71785145
>this looks like a film that was shot and thought on set with color and some fan just set the saturation to zero

Because that's literally what it is. Please learn to read.
>>
*gas
>>
>>71785145
you've essentially copy-pasta the vid description, well done
>>
>>71785248
>>71785160
people keep saying there's a miller b&w version, why would i read the vid description on a embeded video?

feggits
>>
>>71785316

There is one coming out.
>>
File: v1465691977821.jpg (110 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
v1465691977821.jpg
110 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw miller is 86 years old
>tfw 2 more films are signed for hardy

i am scared lads.
>>
>>71785458
hell be fine
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.