[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ROTJ is the best, prove me wrong And dont say ewoks, wookies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Vader_Luke_DSII.jpg (129 KB, 1172x676) Image search: [Google]
Vader_Luke_DSII.jpg
129 KB, 1172x676
ROTJ is the best, prove me wrong

And dont say ewoks, wookies would have wrecked the empire and not gone along with the small vs. large motif
>>
the last third of the movie was always a problem.

regardless. It's why we hate it the most, and love empire strikes back the best.
>>
>>71759181

Selling toys=/=motiff

Lucas is a toy selling fool. He could sell stale hardened shit if he marketed it right.
>>
People always mock me because my order is
A New Hope > Return of the Jedi > Empire Strikes Back
I feel the Hoth sequence goes just a little too long, the training sequences are just a little too short, and the final Cloud City sequence is great but I much preferred the beginning and end of ROTJ to Cloud City.
I prefer New Hope over the others because it's such a pure and classic adventure, but done just right. Archetypal but interesting characters, lovable characters without a doubt, some feels with Ben Kenobi passing on, promise of more to come, but still a very satisfying conclusion. ROTJ has weak points for sure, but it was so satisfying to see Luke finally pounding some ass as a fully fledged Jedi. I love Luke but his awkward middle phase in ESB isn't that fun to watch.
>>
>>71759181
A New Hope was vastly superior with explosively symbolic dialog and good humor combined with a sharper suspense and more paramount climax.
>>
>prove me wrong
I won't.
>>
>>71759935
>explosively symbolic dialogue
Any examples? Just curious, that's interesting and I hadn't noticed that.
>>
>>71760021
>don't get penisy kid
>>
>>71760021
>i am jedi luke, which is mean im moving things with brain wave,the force is strong like buffalo
>>
>>71760071
lol
>>71760021
Everything Han, Vadar and c-3po says. Each character has its' own dynamic when it comes to the symbolism in their dialogue.
Here are some examples, it's pretty self evident symbolism. There is a correct interpretation.
> Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal.
As in Han was in control and as always (for him) the situation was "normal".
> Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Proven accurate by the Empire rebuilding the Death Star.
> I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit.
Han was like a wise prophet.
It is for me, sister. Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, Princess. I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money.
Once again Han was being prophetic. He was in it for her, he said he wasn't to cover it up because he had an inclination they would end up together. On the other hand inherently Han's in everything for the money. The reason Han smiled at Luke when he mentioned him and Leah wouldn't work out while he was musing is because he had an idea that it would and Luke's response was an added confirmation.
> Han Solo: [baiting him] Still, she's got a lot of spirit. I don't know, whaddya think? You think a princess and a guy like me...
>Luke Skywalker: [quickly] No.
See above.
>I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master.
Darth was the master, in the end he chose the fate of the most powerful lord in the galaxy purely as a matter of taste. Good taste.
>Darth Vader: The plans you refer to will soon be back in our hands.
illustrating how incomplete his understanding of the force was, that or he was underestimating the possibility of a Han Solo being active.
the list goes on
>>
>>71759181
ESB is the best, though these scenes with Luke, Vader and the Emperor are 11/10.
>>
File: 03429953.png (3 MB, 2464x1448) Image search: [Google]
03429953.png
3 MB, 2464x1448
>>71759181
ROTJ didn't have Luke's biological hand
>>
I went into ROTJ thinking it would be shit compared to Empire, but was pleasantly surprised to discover that the regular fan opinion of that movie is totally backwards.

The Palace part of the film was boring, and Boba Fett's death was the most disappointing thing I've ever see in a movie. I thought Boba was loved for something cool he did in ROTJ, but he just looked cool, sounded cool and died like a bitch. You see retards with Boba tattoos on their arms for fuck's sake, and he's a pointless character who added nothing to the film.

The Ewoks were a delight to see, not because they were 'cute' or 'funny', but because seeing a mob of fluffy creatures pull an armored soldier to the ground and stab him to death with sticks is fucking great.

Superfans who hate the Ewoks are babies that can't handle cute tribal things wrecking soldiers despite the troopers being shown over three movies to be incompetent goobers.
>>
>>71759181
Empire might be the better movie. But ROTJ will always be my personal favorite. The end duel and the attack on the death star will always be unforgettable for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 500x500
>>71760840
A cute superfan baby.
>>
File: RoTJ.webm (3 MB, 1000x427) Image search: [Google]
RoTJ.webm
3 MB, 1000x427
>>
>>71760723
Holy shit, Vitamin D is in this pic

RIP you fat bastard
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.