[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this talentless shitstain all over modern SciFi movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: pegg-social.jpg (61 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
pegg-social.jpg
61 KB, 900x470
Why is this talentless shitstain all over modern SciFi movies lately? What does he bring other than resentment for not casting a superior actor in his roles?
>>
>>71755861
Scripts?
>>
movies are all about cameos and "hey it's that guy" moments now
>>
>>71755861
Writer (23 credits)
2016 Star Trek Beyond (written by) (post-production)
2013 The World's End (written by)
2011 Paul (written by)
2008 Spaced (TV Movie) (creator)
2007 Run, Fatboy, Run (screenplay)
2007 Comic Relief 2007: The Big One (TV Special)
2007 Hot Fuzz (written by)
2006 Free Jimmy (UK screenplay)
2004 Fun Dead (Video short) (concept)
2004 Edgar & Simon's Flip Chart (Video documentary short)
2004 Funky Pete (Video short)
2004 Plot Holes: How Did Ed Get from the Cellar to the Shed? (Video documentary short)
2004 Plot Holes: What Happened to Dianne When She Left the Winchester? (Video documentary short)
2004 Plot Holes: What Happened to Shaun When He Ran Off? (Video documentary short)
2004 Simon's Cam (Video documentary short)
2004 The Man Who Would Be Shaun (Video short)
2004 Shaun of the Dead (written by)
>>
>>71755894

Yeah remember how awesome Paul was?

Anybody?
>>
>>71755861
You hit the nail right on the head, dont forget where he came from, he remembers what it was to be a sexless nerd then BOOM he made it, he actually made it to the promised land, now its a life of drugs and prostitutes, the wild imagination that made Shaun of the Dead is long gone along with his childlike wonder, there's nothing that excites him anymore, he got what he wanted, he will be remembered in t-shirts, dolls for decades maybe even becoming iconic....but at what cost?
>>
Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control.
>>
>>71755928
Comedy is the hardest genre of all. It's not as formulaic as Horror and easy to fluff like Drama or just easy to fill with explosions like Action.

It's genuinely the hardest most intellgent genre, that gets shit on since it has 0 rewatchability. Lot of it comes down to editing which has nothing to do with script or directors.
>>
>>71755973
since the mid 80's

we know.

it's not part of the out-croud mentality at all.

Since Shaun is part of the in group of nerds, it's nice to see an authentic take on nerd culture, rather then michael bays never seeing the transformers and trying to make a film about it anyways. but a guy who likes the culture and made a film in it.
>>
>>71755861
also, he's british, totally different circa that if shaun of the dead didn't take off overseas we wouldn't see him.
>>
>>71755894
He retconned Sulu into being gay in the new movie as a "homage" to Takei and as a push for social justice, and ended only only pissing off Takei for ruining an already existing character.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-takei-reacts-gay-sulu-909154
>>
>>71755923
i was wondering where the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy credits were until i remembered that was martin freeman
>>
>>71755923
There's like 2 good movies there.
>>
>>71755978
Eh, you make some decent points, but I don't think I'd ever go as far as to say it has 0 rewatchability as a genre. Shitty comedy, sure. And I realize that comedy naturally has a shelf life, but the true test of how good a script or a joke is is how long it holds up. When done well, comedies tap into something fundamentally primal and universal about the human experience that's lasting and highly rewachable. You know, like Macgrubber or Kung Pow.
>>
>>71755861
>'Nerd culture was a mistake'
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.