[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts about this show? (Mr Robot, highly recommended)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13
Thoughts about this show?

(Mr Robot, highly recommended)
>>
I dropped it at ~ ep 5.
It felt like a tryhard show. Like, it was smart enough to be above the rest by showing ''real'' coding in a realistic way with phishing and other methods but lack the sophistication to do anything else correctly.
Even the premise annoyed me to no end
>just the lone hacker fighting against the system, the corrupt elites
>LOL ALL OF THE DEBT IS CONTROLLED BY ONE COMPANY AND ALL YOUR PRODUCTS ARE ALSO MADE BY THEM, THEY'RE EVIIILLLL
Holy shit.

What cemented that for me is when the show went out of its way for two hackers to eat popcorn while sneering at those inferior tv shows that don't know anything about coding. It's as if someone saw a watchmojo bullshit video about all the worst coding/hacking moments on TV and how it looked fake, with the sole intent to do that, but failed at everything else. Except maybe getting drugged in a somewhat realistic way.

It's like those shows that get one good aspect so well but is still completely generic. Being better than the rest does not make it good.
>>
shit show that gets shilled here all the time
>>
Just downloaded the first session, maybe watch it tonight.
>>
use the catalog. There's already a Mr. Robot thread up. No need to clutter the board with redundant threads.
>>
>>71728296
Have fun, it's a great show.
>>
WE KNOW YOU THINK THIS IS THE COOL HACKER CLUB

WE KNOW YOU COME HERE TO SHILL THE SHOW

WE KNOW SEASON 2 IS COMING SOON AND THAT MEANS YOUR JEW BOSS IS CRACKING THE WHIP

WE DON'T CARE

KYS
>>
>>71728307
Shit, my bad.

I usually don't visit 4chan and esp not this board, thought I was good.
>>
File: 1420608168659.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
1420608168659.png
108 KB, 400x381
>>71728143

>bawww I'm so weird and lonely
>brb my dealer/fuckbuddy is at the door
>>
>>71728331
Nah, as a guy who basically never watches TV shows I wanted to hear opinons from a place that I know don't circlejerk out of control.
>>
Absolutely shit
>>
it's totally shit. the worst part is their group is clearly modeled after post chanology anonymous with their gay fuck masks
>>
boring and cringe worthy cuck drama
>>
>>71728143
It's a great show.
Autists here have a hard time disassociating themselves from this website to enjoy it though.
And they can't accept that someone elses mental illness obviously isn't as extreme as theirs.
>>
>>71728448
the show wouldn't exist without this website so i really don't understand what you're trying to say here
>>
>>71728143
it sucks.
>>
>>71728492
It would though.
Do you think the only underground hacking group is Anonymous?
Do you think the sole inspiration for the show is 4chan?
>>
very tryhard and up it's own ass

>muh legit hacker culture
>borderline unattractive cast so you think they were hired for their talent
>those absolutely ridiculous shots

there was this one in particular where the shot consisted of 99% ceiling and 1% of the talking guy's face on the bottom corner. laughed my ass off right there
>>
>>71728532
no, it wouldn't. you're OBJECTIVELY wrong

also
>anonymous
>hacking group
rofl

the anonymous you see are just a bunch of sjw retards and niggers
>>
>>71728532
>Anonymous
>underground hacking group

go back to r3dd1t lmao
>>
Mr. Robot?

More like Mr. Reddit.
>>
>>71728562
Unattractive cast?
Not worse looking people than on shows that are actually watchable, Rami Malek is fucking hot imo
>>
>>71728562
>there was this one in particular where the shot consisted of 99% ceiling and 1% of the talking guy's face on the bottom corner. laughed my ass off right there

dude that is like every shot in the series with dialogue. it gets kind of ridiculous
>>
>>71728264
>LOL ALL OF THE DEBT IS CONTROLLED BY ONE COMPANY AND ALL YOUR PRODUCTS ARE ALSO MADE BY THEM, THEY'RE EVIIILLLL
Except this is done in a completely self-aware fashion intentionally.
>>
Plebs will tell you the twist ruined it. Patricians will tell you that Tyrell is the best part of the show.
>>
>>71728778
the show was already fucked by that point. the twist just made it even more laughable
>>
>>71728794
How was it already fucked?
>>
>>71728143
i dont recommend it to anyone but IT "enthusiasts".
>>
>>71728887

What about experts?
>>
Dropped it after 2 episodes

it was just way too cringey tryhard
>>
>>71729070
You missed out on the best character beating the shit out of a homeless man and watching a woman piss.
>>
>>71728694
Yeah, no.
>>
>>71729139
Damn you showed him
>>
it is reddit.
>>
>>71729337
Even though the character actually goes on 4chan...

Actually, on second thought, that does make it reddit. This place is reddit.
>>
>>71728264

>>LOL ALL OF THE DEBT IS CONTROLLED BY ONE COMPANY AND ALL YOUR PRODUCTS ARE ALSO MADE BY THEM, THEY'RE EVIIILLLL

>implying that is not the exactly world situation right now
>>
>>71728611
Thanks for proving me wrong.
>>
>>71728830
bad writing pointless sub plots
>>
>>71728694
>self aware
>intentionally
>ironic
>meta
>criticizes the audience
all buzzwords for stupid people to justify their shit taste
>>
>>71729539
But the writing is great. Only pointless subplot was the gang guy, but it still was useful for character development.
>>
>>71729594
Oh yeah meanwhile all the people calling the show reddit are patrician as fuck.

This board goes nuts for TWD and GoT, what the fuck do you people know about writing? This is why I rarely leave /g/.
>>
>>71729638
>/tv/ is one person
Meanwhile anon made a valid point and you responded with a memeword that means absolutely fucking nothing and is used in every single review of trash shows/films while attacking me like I'm a whole board.
btw yeah I agree GOT and TWD are this board's cancer
>>
>>71729613
>pointless edgy psychopathic gangster
>annoying blonde girl going after evil executive
>american psycho ripoff that had no bearing on the main story

combine that with all the stilted tech speak (something about rerouting the backdoor into the malware? lol) and the writing just isn't good.

and darlene was a completely annoying and fucking unlikeable character that ruined every scene she was in which was too many unfortunately.
>>
>>71729830
Oh, I get it, you're too stupid for Mr Robot. That is quite an accomplishment, considering the show is apparently reddit.

I guess the whole story was supposed to be done after the first season and its bad writing that every plotline didn't tie together to bring the compant down.
>>
>>71729802
It's adorable that you go "/tv/ isn't one person" while assuming I'm the person who posted that. Spam 'meme' some more, and don't forget to call Mr Robot fans cucks!
>>
>>71730027
lel when someone gets in a discussion between two anonymous people on an anonymous site makes sense to make it clear they're not you unless past post are not pertinent to the point, which isnt the case. I just assumed I was talking to the same guy, while you took it out of your ass that I like GoT.
>don't forget to call Mr Robot fans cucks!
well I'm not the one resorting to personal attacks instead of adhering to the point that your show is trash and you cant argue the opposite so you use tarantino-tier meme reviews.
oh and meme is a real word btw
>>
>>71730141
Not my fault the other guy got bored with you. I don't blame him.
>>
File: Arkmunrah.jpg (40 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Arkmunrah.jpg
40 KB, 300x400
What is the show even about? Is he a robot?
>>
>>71729638
>This board goes nuts for TWD and GoT
False on both accounts you redditor. Try visiting one of the show-related threads once a new episode airs, 90% of people will be bashing them, especially TWD and the recent GoT episodes.
>>
>>71728143
Normie garbage.

Soap opera for edgy """""nerds""""".

The only good episode was the 1st episode, then it became le fuck le system: the show.
>>
>>71730306
Kinda gives the feel of the show, not as edgy though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJNZF3LR0VM
>>
>>71730306
>WE
>>
>>71731257

>le fuck le system: the show.

Pretty much.
>>
File: frogfuu.jpg (170 KB, 612x891) Image search: [Google]
frogfuu.jpg
170 KB, 612x891
>>71730306
He's the Egyptian frog son of a robot
>>
So Angela's gonna be on the opposing side now?
>>
File: wewuzkungznsheit.gif (741 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
wewuzkungznsheit.gif
741 KB, 250x243
>>71731430
You keep messing with Lord Kek's wife's son, and we all know what happens.
>>
File: ramiqt.gif (525 KB, 235x204) Image search: [Google]
ramiqt.gif
525 KB, 235x204
Anyone excited for this storyline?
>>
File: 1406169723976.jpg (32 KB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
1406169723976.jpg
32 KB, 360x450
>literally hacks the planet
>>
>>71731284
>>71732342
He actually is Egyptian though.
>>
File: engagedgoddammitisis.jpg (42 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
engagedgoddammitisis.jpg
42 KB, 620x350
>Mr. Robot
>Created by a Muslim guy who's giving Emmy Rossum the little jihad
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71728363
fucking this.
The poor lonely anxious hacker has connections. wtf ?
>>
File: christian-slater-net-worth.jpg (20 KB, 351x480) Image search: [Google]
christian-slater-net-worth.jpg
20 KB, 351x480
Seriously guys. What's with Christian Slater's eyebrows? Is he a Vulcan or Atlantean?
>>
File: 1444097910179.jpg (57 KB, 477x408) Image search: [Google]
1444097910179.jpg
57 KB, 477x408
>>71728331
mfw
>>
I had the same apprehension about the show at first, especially after their promotional we'll erase someone's debt every hour stream thing like a week before the premiere. And the first episode or two, it definitely felt like pandering

HOWEVER, I kept watching and the filmography is very compelling as is the story (although it's basically fight club, but I mean who doesn't like fight club?). The shots consistently feel like a movie, there's a decently sophisticated level of socio-political commentary, I don't like how in the first half of the season or so there was a bit of the old formulaic tv episodic bullshit, you know the kind that interferes with the season story-arc "omg huge unresolved drama that's REALLY important but first can you help me break my bro out of prison for 2 episodes then never talk about it again?" but I guess that's just how tv works

It's interesting good fun, I felt feels, but if they don't start season two with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc playing over a big dumb cinematic I will be very disappointed
>>
The shilling on here has been crazy lately. When did all the marketing people find out about this place?

Its a good show but it only has one season. there shouldn't be daily threads for a show that isn't on yet.
>>
>>71732793
You're right it should just be 30 daily GOT and capeshit threads, fuck off
>>
>>71732894
No, you're right. 30 GoT threads plus commercials is way better.
>>
pilot was good

had potential

got corny very quickly
>>
File: 1465735553322.jpg (63 KB, 362x248) Image search: [Google]
1465735553322.jpg
63 KB, 362x248
>>71728365
>from a place that I know don't circlejerk out of control
>>
>>71728143
I think a lot of shows and films try too hard to appeal to everyone so they throw some drama (love and sex and whatnot) into the show and then some really edgy shit to appeal to the 12 year olds. And trying to appeal to everyone tends to go south and I think the show still has a lot of potential, the directors and writers just need to clean up their act and try not to slip through the cracks when all they can think about it is how much money they can earn if they ruin the show to appeal to more people.
>>
File: Robot & Frog Son.jpg (36 KB, 192x540) Image search: [Google]
Robot & Frog Son.jpg
36 KB, 192x540
>>71732568
Is christian slater still in it then?
>>
>>71729371
he glances at the front page of 4chan like a true faggot redditor would.
>>
File: mrreddit.png (258 KB, 800x513) Image search: [Google]
mrreddit.png
258 KB, 800x513
>>71728628
>amirite /tv/?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.