[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Orson Welles so based? Even though he created the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: ow.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ow.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Why is Orson Welles so based? Even though he created the best film of all time, he managed to stay humble, likable, funny, and even blunt and sarcastic against pretentiousness. Can you name any artist with a better personality than him?
>>
i like orson welles too

i wont say he's superior but i think werner herzog has a great personality too, and he's made some of my favorite all time movies
>>
Welles was pretty damned based.

I'd like to nominate Nicholson as fellow great personality.
>>
Kubrick seems really cool based on Cameron's story:

>"It was my 40th birthday present to myself. I was on vacation in Europe, and I called him up and said, ‘I’m coming over,’ and went to his house in England. My wife at the time was freaked out that I wasn’t going to be back home for my birthday. But I said, ‘I’m going to meet Stanley Kubrick. There’s no present, no surprise party, no nothing you could give me that would supersede that.’ So I went to see this reclusive guy knocking around this big house and he just totally wanted to know how True Lies was made. He had a print of it on his KEM down in his basement, and made me sit there and tell him how I had done all the effects shots. So I spent the whole time talking about my movie with Stanley Kubrick, which was not where I thought the day was going to go. But I want to be like Stanley, I want to be that guy. When I’m 80, I want to still be the guy trying to figure it all out."
>>
>>71651490
I don't know, Shelley Duvall had pretty terrifying anecdotes about working with Kubrick, sounds like working with the man was absolute hell.
>>
>>71651325
Bogdanovich is close. If you're interested in welles or his history or just like to hear anecdotes; there are plenty of Bogdanovich interviews that shed light on who Orson really was.

My favorite story was when Orson was a houseguest with Cybill Shepard and he left a lit cigar in his bathrobe. He started a small fire. To apologize he bought some expensive art book and wrote a snooty joke with a crude drawing. That's Orson.
>>
aaAHHHAAaaaa the french
>>
>>71651706
Well of course, he was in director mode, getting the shot he wanted no matter how he had too.

Almost every good director is a dick during production
>>
One of the more interesting things I've seen about welles is that he was pretty close with Hemingway, and the story about them meeting for the first time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyTi9v9QPxE
Also him talking about cold reading is pretty interesting as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjPsnfysrp8
>>
>>71651909
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smMa38CZCSU
>>
>>71651490
the Kubrick that I like to read about the most was very interested in photography and designing how effects could be achieved in camera.
He designed most of the effects in 2001 so I'm not surprised he'd be interested in how any Cameron movie was made.
>>
MWAAHAAA THE FRENCH C-CHANPAGNE
>>
Did Orson Welles and Marlon Brando ever do a film together?
They seem like they'd get along great.
>>
MWAAAAAAAAAAAA THE FREEEEENCCCHHHHH
>>
>>71655728
>>71657362
MEMES
>>
File: 1467094036522.png (437 KB, 632x430) Image search: [Google]
1467094036522.png
437 KB, 632x430
>>71657362
>>71655728

MWAAAAHAAAA
>>
File: 1467682685041.jpg (51 KB, 500x536) Image search: [Google]
1467682685041.jpg
51 KB, 500x536
>>71651706

>tfw ex-gf was a pr director/producer for Nike

Pic related is literally the only face a sane person should have when forced to deal these '''''people'''''' when they're on the job
>>
File: profiel 1.jpg (32 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
profiel 1.jpg
32 KB, 640x640
>>
File: daddario.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
daddario.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
test
>>
File: 1462580211864.png (932 KB, 825x991) Image search: [Google]
1462580211864.png
932 KB, 825x991
>MMMMWWWWHHAAAAA THE FRENCH

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>71651325

>Makes one well known film that is boring beyond belief and considered the best ever for whatever stupid reason
>Goes on to do commercials

Why is he an icon again?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.