[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>M-M-MARTHAAAA >WHY DID YOU SAY THAT FUCKING NAME!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 40
>M-M-MARTHAAAA

>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT FUCKING NAME!!!

>M-M-MARTHA
>>
>>71704523
Loved that escene, but i wanted batman to take off his helmet and sperg a little more
>>
>>71704523
Literally the worst scene in all of capeshit
>>
See this is the problem. Folks like OP have no understanding of comic book characters and thus we have shit like this thread. Batman is a psycho authoritarian autist who dresses up like a BAT at NIGHT and beats the living shit out of criminals because he was traumatized by his parents getting got. He is a genius violent man-child who spergs out at the slightest reference to his parents because thats his character. Its why he does what he does. Therefore, it makes sense for Bruce to lose his shit when someone mentions his MOTHERS NAME. There are moments like this in the comics and his parents are the only thing that has made Bruce cry (that flashpoint letter).

Now I recognize that this is a comic book movie that was supposed to appeal to everyone but it really was a comic reader's movie. I loved it because I was familiar with the source material. If I had no understanding of the Bat or Supes, I could see why it gets so much criticism. But, the fact remains that there are uninformed morons who have no idea about these characters. So we get threads like this. Dont watch the movie if you dont like it or capeshit. In fact, you can also go fuck yourself.
>>
>>71705548
Nobody cares about the comics nerd
>>
File: IMG_20160704_235233.jpg (103 KB, 798x475) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160704_235233.jpg
103 KB, 798x475
>>71705548
>spending all this time writing this
>>
>>71704523
>M-M-MARTHAAAA
He said "must save Martha"
He was telling Batman to do it if he had to kill him.
>>71704599
>i wanted batman to take off his helmet
I thought it was funny that if Superman hadn't torn a hole in it Batman wouldn't have been able to look down at him.
>>
>>71705548
>nobody knows about comic book lore

That's not a bad thing, if you write the story so that only comic book fags know about it than you failed as a writer. That's like writing LotR in a way that only those who read the book would like or understand the movie
>>
>>71705548
>I loved it because I was familiar with the source material.

so you know that batman has a blatant no kill rule? And you know that Lex Luthor is a calm, cool, and collected business man rather than an autistic fuckboi spaz? And you know that Doomsday is suppose to have big ass threatening spikes every where instead of barnacles?

I'm familiar with the source material too, and as a DC fan I'm fucking insulted by this movie
>>
>>71705548
Agreed
>>
>>71705548
>you need supplemental material to get the character motivations in the movie
>the movie is good

pick one
>>
>>71705611
To each his own m8. And youre on 4chan, nerd. Either way, we both lose idiot.
>>
File: 1458629406066.png (297 KB, 409x354) Image search: [Google]
1458629406066.png
297 KB, 409x354
>implying that the purpose of that scene was not to tastefully show the audience that batman now sees superman as a man with a family and not some alien invader
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drI8C194-mw
M-mm-ma-mama-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma--
MARTHA
>>
File: 1467733501284.jpg (109 KB, 1147x608) Image search: [Google]
1467733501284.jpg
109 KB, 1147x608
>Suffice to say, there’s was always more depth and subtext to the “Martha” moment than the complaints are willing to admit or recognize, and those complaints are still too simplistic and shallow a perception of what is, in fact, a complicated convergence of character arcs and narratives.Itconfuses and shocks Batman, and then the revelation of what’s really being said shifts his perceptions to the point he now sees himself clearly for the first time in years. A singular moment, a revelation that turns a character’s understanding and relationships on their head in a split second,is not a new concept, nor is this the first or most extreme example of such a thing in cinema.

>It’s undeniable that there is much more happening in that scene, and in the context of Batman’s character through time, than the memes and jokes recognize — and yes, often the jokes intentionally overstate things for humorous effect, but I’ve seen the exact same points made in supposedly serious, deeper critical analysis of the film. So I remain perplexed by the stubborn refusal to consider and acknowledge that complexity. I bring that up only because I notice even a lot of the positive reassessments still point to the “Martha” moment as a major problem in the storytelling when it’s among the finer elements in the film’s characterizations.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/22/review-batman-v-superman-triumphant/#ecd04513cbdd

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/06/28/review-batman-v-superman-ultimate-edition-expands-story-and-wins-praise/#261b16866225
>>
>>71705763
That would've been accomplished more if Clark refered to his mom as "my mom" like everyone else in existence, and then batman would've have an embarrassing melt down and just realized that he fucked up.
>>
>>71705744
>supplementary material enhances viewing experience for those who know it
>mad because the movie didn't cater to you
>>
>>71705724
Yes, yes, and yes.

They took liberties with the source material so that it wasn't the same story reproduced from a comic book. Then again, the Bat-killing did piss me off.

>>71705701
>>71705744
>>71705744

Prior knowledge of the source material isnt what makes the movie good. Prior knowledge of source material is what prevents dumb ass threads like this. Besides, its not that difficult to understand that Batman is a psycho autist that goes full retard at any mention of his parents. He dresses up like a goddamn bat because of them for fucks sake. So, it makes sense that if some dude mentions his mom's name, he'd mentally shit himself.

There were problems with the film, but the martha scene was not one of them. If anything, it was Bat-killing and Doomsday. (Jew lex was actually bretty gud)
>>
>>71705833
>That would've been accomplished more if Clark refered to his mom as "my mom" like everyone else in existence, and then batman would've have an embarrassing melt down and just realized that he fucked up.

Good thing Lois came by 5 seconds later to do exactly that.
>>
>>71705548
>it's another DCuck writes an essay to seem smart episode
>>
>>71705935
ow my feelings
>>
Why couldn't they just have Superman utter his last words as "Please... save my mother." and then go from there with Batman backing off once he realizes that an "alien menace" like Superman cares more about his mother than his own life? Fucking hacks.
>>
>>71705911
So you started this thread to defend one particular scene in the entire film which you admit had problems and was bad

I guess it's a start but damn dude you're fucking sad, how empty is your life?
>>
>>71706006
>Why didn't the movie cater exclusive to me?
>Why can't I be spoonfed like in a Marvel movie?
>>
>>71704523
>Batman is this very smart detective badass
>wants to fight Superman to the death
>says he needs to be put down because he's dangerous
>almost has him
>stops at the mention of a name
>Martha, which is pretty common
>didn't think Superman figured out his identity and wanted to stall
>didn't just fucking end him right there
>regardless, stops because his MOM had the same fucking name as Supermans

You can't make this shit up.
I'm a huge fan of Batman, Superman and DC but I felt literally offended watching this entire blunder of a movie.
>>
>>71706051
>it thinks the Martha spaz out was a good choice
>not allowed to suggest something else

DCuckolds everyone
>>
You don't need to have read the comics you fucking adhd riddled marvelcucks. His father's last word was "Martha". You should know from both the movie and general popcultural osmosis that Batman's parents are the most important thing in the world to him.
>>
>>71706044
>getting this triggered

Never said it was bad m8. Had a few problems, sure, but so do most movies. It doesnt need to be perfect to be good.

Also, you ok champ?
>>
>>71706077
>memeing

So original and incredibly wrong.
>>
>>71705911
Every comic book movie takes liberties, but usually the shit ones are the ones that take it too fucking far.

I.E. Xmen origins, avengers 2, catwoman, Green Lantern, etc

in this regard, lex is what pisses me off the most. And it really sucks cause a lot of his dialogue is written wonderfully, it's just that Eisenburg ruins them with his autistic delivery. Shoulda just cast Clancy brown.
>>
>>71704523
>It's okay when anyone else does it

4:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJVvrmLSTsg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYMBwqtMht0
>>
>>71706133
Ok, clancy brown would have been fucking phenomenal, but itd never happen. Lets keep it realistic here.

I don't think they took it too far though (cept the killing). They explain why the characters are the way they are.
>>
>>71706124
>the movie has problems guys but that doesn't mean it's a bad movie
>I messed up the ingredients and cooking time but that doesn't make it a bad pie
>my girlfriend has problems but that doesn't make her a bad girlfriend
>my dog has problems but that doesn't make him a bad dog

You DC fags are some sad fucks
>>
My problem with this scene is not Batman's reaction but Superman calling his mother by name. That waw ridiculous and contrived.
Saying mom would have the same effect.
>>
>>71706219
>its not perfect, so its objectively bad
>must resort to ad hominem attacks

Anon...I...
>>
>>71706197
I know it's minor but doomsday also pisses me off cause it would've been so easy. Virtually nothing would've been changed. And his design is the only cool thing about him.
>>
I think this is the scene that ruined it for me

>wait, they are friends now because their moms had the same name?..
>>
>>71706289
Yep, it was forced as fuck. He's literally never said his mothers name until that moment. And there's no way a country guy raised like he was would EVER call his mother by name

Pretty bad writing, it's like they don't even know the character
>>
I wonder what would have happened if Superman had calmly explained to Batman that he was bring manipulated into fighting him, while using his power of flight to avoid Batman's attacks. Gee I guess we will never know because this film was made by and for idiots.
>>
>>71706423
Mandated stupidity from the characters to move the plot along is very bad writing

And let's not forget that by having lex kidnap clark's mom render's batman and superman's disagreements and argument irrelevant to thier fight.
>>
>>71705371
ironically it's the best capeshit scene
>>
File: 006hyd_diane_lane_004.jpg (84 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
006hyd_diane_lane_004.jpg
84 KB, 852x480
MARTHA?
>>
>>71706176
>anons were so BTFO that they didnt even reply
top kek
>>
>>71705763

>tastefully
>a man screaming his mother's name as if he's taking the hardest shit in his life

Nah.
>>
>>71706219
>movie, not a pie
>movie, not a gf
>movie, not a bad dog

Movie.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOVIEEEEEEEE
>>
File: hugs and kisses.jpg (3 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
hugs and kisses.jpg
3 MB, 3975x3056
>>71706197
i just want to point out that you dont know shit and that no one here should accept your statements on the comics because you are a retard

>this bullshit that im saying is true because i said you dont know the comics
>so believe these lies im saying about this character whos personality is always changing over the years but has never actually been as shit as i said it is
fuck off bitchboy. go spread chaos somewhere else

in this movie and this movie alone, it probably makes sense that bruce is a sperg. he has very very clear issues and mental problems. dont drag the already muddy comic batman through the mud just to bring him down to the level of movie bat. movie was shit, his character was shit and also the best and most explained one with the best motivations
>>
DC cucks are finally finished. It's over
>>
>>71705925
Then what's even the fucking point? Wouln't you think it will be best and more natural if LOIS said "His mother Martha!!" 5 seconds after Supe said "My mom"?
>>
>>71704523
I loved that scene. I love autistic batman
>>
File: we just don't know.gif (1002 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
we just don't know.gif
1002 KB, 250x251
>Batman kills humans all the time
>Spare Superman's life because he realizes he's human too

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71706124

>This food is poisoned but that doesn't mean it's bad food

> this man wants to kill everyone who doesn't follow his religion but that doesn't make him a bad person

Literal retardation.
>>
Batman's attitude is supposed to be a genius level detective. He may have started out spergy like
>Batman Begins,
then matured like
>Batman The Animated series
coming full circle as a ragged old man enduring all this
>Batman V superman

Honestly wonder woman and the weird sub plot of introducing the Flash and shit just ruined it for me.
>>
>>71704523
That was the only flaw of this film.
>>
>>71705864
>Expect to make 1.5 billion only from people who read the comics
That's a new level of stupid.
>>
>>71705763

But Batman beats the shit out of people with families all the time.
>>
File: 1465861732342.webm (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1465861732342.webm
2 MB, 800x600
>>71706545
Nope. This was
>>
anyone who has ever read a decent batman comic (like hush, arkham asylum, TDKR, etc) knows that the martha moment is perfectly in line with his character.

a psychologist at arkham gives batman a word association test in arkham asylum and batman gets triggered and yells at the psychologist to stop because all he can think about is his parents being murdered.
>>
>>71705763
>>71705831

'Martha' is set up in the opening scene with a Citizen Kane homage that establishes the word as Bruce Wayne's 'Rosebud'. But, as it's actually spoken by the father character, you get a complex series of associations where Bruce suddenly sees Superman as a father figure, who then - when Lois intervenes - morphs into a reflection of himself. You also have this strange fear of motherhood with Bruce as he dreams that Martha Wayne returns from the dead as a monstrous bat (that metaphorically gives birth to Batman), but then he resolves himself to saving Martha Kent - who was, of course, labeled a 'witch' for (again metaphorically) giving birth to Superman.
>>
>>71706176

What moron WOULDN'T figure out how to take down the Justice League?
They get mind controlled every other sunday, and they are absurdly powerful. Seems like a good idea to me.
>>
>>71707326
fuckin' GOAT
>>
>>71705548
is this pasta or autism? im to jaded to be able to tell anymore
>>
There's no way this board is this fucking retarded. It blows my mind, it must be bait it has to be. You cannot tell me that you don't understand that superman was basically giving instructions because he expected to die. Not only that but he uses the word "save" and says "you're letting him.."
Did you watch the fucking movie, did you see the note that says "you let your parents die" and how it flipped batman out. Does the combination of words involving his mother's name and directions to save said person have no meaning to him despite a fucking newspaper freaking him out??? Jesus fuck off and eat shit from your Walmart wine glass somewhere else. Movie elitists that can't even understand a simple movie
>>
>>71707551
fucking kek

keep posting pls.
>>
I'm convinced that most people who repeatedly shit on this scene have only done one or more of the following:

>only watched this scene on youtube
>have never watched the movie
>never want to see the movie
>have watched the movie half-asleep
>watched it "ironically" or whatever millenial shit

Like the reasons for disliking this scene, all of them, are always so dumb.
>>
>>
>>71707673
Qek has abandoned you. You have been deemed unworthy
>>
>>71705833
Batman already acknowledges that Superman has parents right before he swings him around. That would have done nothing.

Mentioning a human name, especially one that Batman is emotionally connected with, helped give him pause.
>>
>>71705653
He was telling Batman to do it if he had to kill him.
Yes, because there is only ONE Martha in the whole world for the saving
>>
>>71705763
>Not realizing it symbolizes man staring at God and seeing a reflection of himself

Lord Snyder, we don't deserve his talents
>>
>>71707673
see?
>>
>>71705653
imagine batman backing up like 3 steps and then bending his entire upper body down to look at him and then say that line
>>
>>71705763
This.

MCucks are just too stupid to realize. They need everything explained to them.
>>
>>71707807
MMMMMMMAARTHA
>>
>>71707731
>Batman already acknowledges that Superman has parents
How?He's an alien.No one knows if he actually has parents or if he was born in a way that humans are born.
>>
>>71706938
Honestly, the only people Batman killed in this movie were straight-up terrorists. It was like that in Batman Begins, too.
>>
File: Batman - The Complete Hush-283.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
Batman - The Complete Hush-283.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
>>71707339
>>
>>71705763
Considering Batman kept making quips about Superman's parents during the fight, I'm not sure why him having a mother would suddenly be so shocking.
>>
>>71707824
What do you mean how? Did you even see the movie? He says something along the lines of "Your parents probably told you that you're here for a reason".
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (28 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
28 KB, 1280x720
>>71704599

>takes off his helmet
>Superman was just faking it
>breaks Bruce neck general Zod style
>>
>>71706423
He tried, the problem is that Superman was under the idea there was nothing batman could do to harm him so he would get his chance, he sow batman on a shitty armor and thought some small hits to the armor would do the trick and force batman to listen. From the first Kryptonite attack onwards he was fighting for his life.

I actually liked the fight but your complain was adressed in the movie, the problem is that there's no room to breath so for most people is fair to "not get that",
>>
>>71707892
Maybe that he realised that he genuinely cared about them and wasn't just using them as a cover.
>>
>>71707824
And that's the point "save my mom" means save the giant larva creature that gave birth to me" or "save the alien god" it doesnt make sense, save martha means save a civillian that is at risk.
>>
>>71704523
Doesn't Snyder know you never go full retard?

Worst scene ever
>>
>>71707892
>has no idea what a quip is
>>
>>71707971
Why would he assume that?
>>
File: 1449633871651.jpg (36 KB, 880x683) Image search: [Google]
1449633871651.jpg
36 KB, 880x683
why did superman refer to his mother by first name like an autist?

zack snyder is a fucking hack
>>
>>71707906
yes retard, his ALIEN parents. not a human parent on earth
>>
teared up during that scene, it's funny that people get so triggered by it.
>>
>>71708088
literally
>>71708035

Fucking idiot
>>
>>71705548
I just thought it stupid that superman called his mom Martha. No one would refer to their mom as their first name to a stranger.

The realistic thought process which would be humanizing is to say mother but I guess supes read the script so that this contrived ending could work in time for the team up.

I heard they explained it in the ultimate cut but that still doesn't excuse the theatrical one.
>>
>>71708092
I don't know why you're insulting me. Follow the conversation.
>>
>>71708190
Why would you tell someone that is killing you to save YOUR MOM, Clark is asking him to SAVE A CIVILLIAN in DANGER calledn martha kent.

i can't understand how you can't sit for 10 seconds and think about it instead of thinking is a mistake. As far as Batman knows his mom is an alien, and as far as Superman knows Batman would save a civillian but not if he thinks it's ralated to you.
>>
>>71708190

>>71707731
>>71707892
>>71708035
>>
File: 1401981363099.jpg (7 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1401981363099.jpg
7 KB, 180x180
>people blame Snyder for this, instead of Goyer

are you retarded
>>
>>71708921
goyer's involvement in this movie was all but wiped clean save for some basic scenarios
>>
File: 1466714097431.jpg (7 KB, 285x337) Image search: [Google]
1466714097431.jpg
7 KB, 285x337
>>71704523
I love how the critics, ''critics'' and memesters pretend like ''Martha'' is the only thing Superman said. People completely disregard everything else.
>>
File: 1467687612059.jpg (163 KB, 968x745) Image search: [Google]
1467687612059.jpg
163 KB, 968x745
>>71707832
Wrong, they were private contractors. Protecting the Kryptonite was very legal,it was Lex's property.
>>71707339
>Hush
>Decent
>>
File: 1467771531022.png (945 KB, 670x826) Image search: [Google]
1467771531022.png
945 KB, 670x826
Even Snyder agrees it was half assed
>>
>all these threads where OP keeps getting BTFO
lmao
>>
>>71704523
shit flick
>>
>>71709922
That's not actually a quote from Snyder. But you probably knew that.
>>
>>71710042
I didn't know that. I picked the picture from a DCfag who posted it here.
>>
>>71709679
>legal

the kryptonite was being fucking smuggled since congress wasn't letting it into the country

and those "contractors" were doing loads of illegal shit on their own. KGBeast was essentially an assassin/mercenary.

This "private security" thing was just a ruse to legitimize their presence in Africa.
>>
>>71710176
Ya know, I was about to say that Bruce didn't know that, but he learned about it when he hacked KGBeast's phone. My mistake. Still, he could have easily non lethally taken them down. He had no way to get in in Begins besides the gun powder.
>>
File: frodo.png (214 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214 KB, 400x399
Why couldn't snyder just have superman saying, "save my mom", and have lois come in afterwards and say, "save martha"?
>>
>>71705548
Saved for a cringe thread
>>
Why does Clark Kent call his mother "Martha?"
>>
>>71704523
Powerful stuff
>>
>>71710608
He was telling Batman to save her.
>>
>>71706051
I'm sorry, I didn't realize the five minute montage of why we should care about "Martha" after Batman spazzes out wasn't spoonfeeding.
>>
>>71705911
>You don't need source material to understand

>Just to prevent people from not understanding

Oh okay
>>
>>71704523
>BATMAN I HAVE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING
>shoves Batman a mile away
>>
>>71705548
Don't read comic and I liked it, it was very well done, and proves capeshit can be art as well, although that's been donw before in my opinion.
>>
>>71710890
When he was investigating Batman in the ultimate cut, Clark gets the impression from the gotham locals that Batman doesn't respond to talk, just force.

So yeah, he did naturally try to reason with Batman at first, but then decided to rough him up a little to force him to listen. But Batman kept getting up and quickly ended up putting Superman in a life-and-death situation with the kryptonite.
>>
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 1280x882) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 1280x882
>>71705724
>Armond White writes about fanboys and losers complaining about how comic book movies aren't like the books and throwing tantrums
>mfw people do it ITT
>>
>>71704523
the martha complain is stupid desu

batmans fucking crazy and that crazy is centered around his parents. Its how he would react

the real problem with that scene is why superman in the midst of almost death calls his mom Martha instead of mom.
>>
>>71705548
This is generally true . Everyone who says "superman should be Bright and a symbol of hope" never really read his comics
(At least not any pre crisis stuff)

He was "4 colors" but not generally over bright besides generally working during the day
And was never a symbol of hope (no more than any super hero)

He was kind of a weird dude with survivors guilt that spent most of his time pulling complex pranks

>inb4 some Nu- superman panel showing him smiling
Meh he smiled , he just wasn't an grinning idiot like how people wanted him in the movie
>>
>>71704523
People didn't like the Martha scene because it's honest unironic cinema. There is no wink to the audience
>>
>>71711439
The Golden Age Superman was a happy-go-lucky Boy Scout. That's what people remember most, and that's what we want. Not a grimdark Superman that's basically Batman but with superpowers.

I hate to bring console war shit into this, but Civil War did it right. Tony and Cap are stark contrasts, not only in personality and image, but their beliefs as well. It fractures the audience and forces us to pick a side.

I don't know a single person that didn't root for Batman in this movie, because they're the same exact character now, yet Batman is "cooler".
>>
>>71711620
>I don't know a single person that didn't root for Batman in this movie, because they're the same exact character now, yet Batman is "cooler".
you have to be a complete fucking retard to believe this.

superman is shown constantly saving lives and batman is a revenge driven lunatic.
>>
File: MARTHA.webm (2 MB, 1280x530) Image search: [Google]
MARTHA.webm
2 MB, 1280x530
Did Batman thought it was just a prank and was looking for a hidden camera?
>>
>>71711644
>thinks I'm talking about in the movie
DCucks, everyone.
>>
>>71711646
Kek
>>
>>71711646

someone shouted off camera for another line for another take and they just left both lines in there
>>
>>71711646
>that green lighting on the wall even though Batman is in front of the light source
>>
>>71711737
>>I don't know a single person that didn't root for Batman in this movie
>thinks I'm talking about in the movie

are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>71713152
retard spotted
>>
File: 1466543918278.gif (2 MB, 200x166) Image search: [Google]
1466543918278.gif
2 MB, 200x166
In your dying moments would you really call out your mother by her first name and not just call her "mom" or "mommy"?
>>
>>71705833
It's not his real mom though
>>
>>71704523
WORST SCENE EVER
PPL WHO DEFEND IT ARE LIKE HOLOCAUST DENIERS
>>
>>71704523
>the plebs hate what he does not understand
Wow, prophetic words.
>>
>>71705763
WOW!!!
>>
File: just.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
just.png
2 MB, 1366x768
I unironically enjoyed the Ultimate Edition
>>
>>71713267
When the guy who's killing me obviously hates my alien ass and won't give a shit about what he'd assume to be is my alien mom, yeah sure. I'd try to get a name out there.

this has been covered in this thread but people just don't read ffs
>>
>>71713488
So why wouldn't Baitman assume Martha was his alien mom?
>>
>snyder changes the script so Batman is trying to kill Superman
>has to insert the Martha line to prevent Batman from killing Superman
>these simple changes manage to remove all weight and impact from the fight
>>
>>71713389

Smart and educated?
>>
File: 1448341183442.jpg (54 KB, 347x257) Image search: [Google]
1448341183442.jpg
54 KB, 347x257
>>71713521
Because she would obviously be called Supermom, not 'Martha'
>>
>>71705548
But why did he call his own mother 'Martha'? It seemed really awkward to me.
>>
>>71713521
You are not serious right?
>>
>>71713604
No I am, why wouldn't his alien mom be called Mar'tha or something like that?
>>
>>71713564
He's about to fucking die. You can even tell that he's struggling to say her full name since there's a boot halfway through his windpipe.

He's trying to tell superman to save a specific person. "My mom" says nothing helpful and Batman won't give a shit. He might even think he's being fucked with.
>>
>>71713810
That's not why am asking you if you are serious. Superman wasnt asking bruce to save his mother, he was asking him to save a citizen that was in danger, said citizen was named Martha. Superman didnt wanted to say it was his mother.
>>
>>71713564
because in this universe superman is autistic
>>
>>71713810
His alien mom's name is indeed a common Earth name, Lara
>>
>>71713821
Martha is two syllables, mom is one, so your first point is irrelevant. And 'Martha' is even less helpful than 'mom', because there are many more Marthas than there are Superman's mom.
>>
>>71713888
Then shouldn't the line be

"Lex has a hostage, save her"

Because just saing "Save Martha" wouldn't mean anything to Batman.
>>
>>71713954
just turn your brain off, bro
>>
>>71708088
"My father's wife!"
>>
It's Snyder's own fault that people "don't get" the scene and make fun of it

People would understand all that shit about "Batman realizing this guy also has a mom and is desperately trying to save her" if he didn't focus so much on the "Martha" aspect of it

People's reaction to that was "what? just because they share the same name?" The name thing could have been used but as a secondary element, not on the forefront.
>>
>>71714068
This guy gets it. If he said "Lex has my mother, save her" nobody would have a problem with the scene.
>>
>>71714068
Martha isn't the fucking problem, it's Batman wanting to kill Superman to begin with

The comic book version of the fight where Batman is just trying to beat the shit out of Superman just to put him in his place would fit in with the themes of the film more than this shit
>>
>>71714100
It could be even "save my mom"
then Batman stops and say "your mom?"
"Martha... her name is Martha"

Then Batman is more taken aback, but should be toned down, not the whole slo-mo dramatic flashback

It wouldn't be so sudden
>>
>>71713267
>>71713521
>>71713564
>>71713933
>>71714068
>>71714100
>>71713933

Alright, I'm done with this thread. People don't read, don't think, and say the same shit over and over. It doesn't even matter what gets posted to clear things up. Go fuck yourselves.
>>
>>71714100
It's a fucking comic book movie about a modern day man in Space Marine armour who's about to kill a flying alien with a snot-rock, and THIS is the thing that requires logical re-evaluation?
>>
>>71714237
mad as fuck
>>
>>71714237
Dude, you're delusional, genuinely. You can't argue so you resort to ad hominems.
>>
Batman literally says "Why did you say that name?"

It is specifically the name "Martha" that gives Batman pause

If Superman's adoptive earth mother didn't coincidentally share a first name with Batman's mom, his ass would be dead

Shitty writing is shitty
>>
>>71714237
Alright, sorry you and the movie are too smart for us.
>>
>>71714308
Yeah, it's a prime example of a Deus ex Machina.
>>
>>71714308
honestly it would have been better if you had louis trying to stop batman by jumping on his back and gouging his eyes or something

and then have a small dialogue with her while she talks him down
>>
>>71714376
The movie has another one of those later, in the form of Wonder Woman, who shows up just in time to save Batman from the Villain Ex Machina

Holy shit this movie is garbage
>>
>>71706077
Superman calls him Bruce before the whole Martha thing. He knows who Batman is.
>>
>>71704523
So wonderwoman is a superhuman too just like superman except she has no weaknesses like kryptonite. Why does anyone give a shit about superman anyway it's easy af to beat him, they should be worrying about the invincible wonderwoman
>>
File: 1467418408311.png (255 KB, 588x329) Image search: [Google]
1467418408311.png
255 KB, 588x329
>>71714438
She's a woman, she's already lost
>>
>>71714409
I actually enjoyed the film, but I still don't think it's a masterpiece. I don't get the super-critical mentality that goes around here, like there's a range between perfect and garbage, and the whole purpose of art is to experience it.
That said the writing is incredibly shitty.
>>
>>71714542
BvS is just a series of "OMG SO COOL" action sequences held together by shitty writing and terrible acting(looking at you, Eisenberg!), which is exactly the same criticism that is leveled at Marvel flicks by people who defend BvS

It's like poetry
>>
>>71714641
I enjoy Marvel films too, I guess I just have shit taste.
I also liked Eisenberg's Luthor, I thought it was interesting to portray him as that unstable. In fact, it was one of the few things I'll compliment the film on.
>>
>>71714739
I thought he was trying way too hard to be like Heath Ledger's Joker
>>
>>71714409

I know this is bait, but the whole point of Diana is that she is LITERALLY the deux ex machina in the movie. She being powered by fucking greek gods should had been your first clue
>>
>>71714875
So you're saying that the movie was terribly written ON PURPOSE??

BRAVO
>>
File: 1363201296205.png (630 KB, 1023x660) Image search: [Google]
1363201296205.png
630 KB, 1023x660
>>71708088
Why the fuck would he call her "Mom" in that situation? He's talking to Batman, who doesn't know Clark personally and has no fucking clue who "Mom" is.

"YOU'RE LETTING THEM KILL MOM!!!"
Would be way more autistic, you autist.
>>
>it's another WB shills try to claw back some money from this disaster in bluray sales episode
>>
>>71708088
Because you guys definitely wouldn't make fun of it if Superman yelled "MOMMY!"
>>
>>71704523
cape shit is for retards so you need to write scenes for retards

>you have to save my mom
>i'm saving everyone
>no you have to save martha
>cut in scene of batmans mom getting shot in the face
>batman spazzes out and asks why he said martha
>movie continues as is

now its fixed.
written for retards by a retard. now only autists on 4chin will be complaining about how movies have to explain everything
>>
File: 1376192542390.gif (852 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
1376192542390.gif
852 KB, 500x210
>>71708190
>I am legitimately retarded: the post

Let's pretend your Mom is in danger.
You are talking to someone you don't know personally... and want to make sure they save your Mom. But you need to identify her to them so they know who the fuck you're talking about.

>"YOU'RE LETTING THEM KILL MY MOM"
Who the fuck is your Mom?

vs

>"YOU'RE LETTING THEM KILL MARTHA"
Ok now I have something to go on

People who criticize this are hands down the most hilarious people on this board - claiming Superman is being an autist when really they're just telegraphing their own autism.
>>
>>71714223
This
>>
>>71714969
>a godlike being, reduced to crying for his mommy as he is about to die at the hands of a murdering brute, hoping to connect to any remaining humanity that he has left

That's way better than Batman getting triggered at the mention of a fairly common girl's name actually
>>
>>71714875
FUCK

O
F
F

Holy shit
>>
>>71714802
I disagree and I've heard that a lot. I think Ledger's Joker is a lot more slow and deliberating than Jesse's Lex, noticeable with the whole tourettes tick thing he has going on. It's been a while since I've seen TDK though so I may be misremembering.
>>
>>71715009
But when the person you're talking too doesn't know who martha is martha and mom are one and the same. it's simply a name.
>>
Snyder's intention was to make people forget about STOP INVINCIBLE SON by creating a new meme
>>
File: 1467175340890.png (138 KB, 626x566) Image search: [Google]
1467175340890.png
138 KB, 626x566
>>71704523
>>
File: 1377309446369.jpg (31 KB, 593x376) Image search: [Google]
1377309446369.jpg
31 KB, 593x376
>>71712973
The light from the kryptonite is clearly not strong enough to reach that far. It's not that hot on Batman's face and he's a foot away from it.

It actually has a slightly bluer hue, and the window frame pattern cast against the wall suggests it is actually an exterior light shining through a window.

Nice try, though.
>>
>>71714924
>>71715009
'My Mom' would be what any sane person would say. If he has no idea who that was why would he know who 'Martha' is?
>>
>>71713267
GUISE THERE IS OBJECTIVELY ONE WAY TO ACT IN THIS EXTREMELY UNIQUE SITUATION THAT NONE OF US HAVE EVER BEEN IN

Please stop... I can only kek so hard
>>
>>71715026
>Martha
>fairly common

I've met one in my life and she was a horse girl
>>
File: 1467681017454.gif (3 MB, 700x285) Image search: [Google]
1467681017454.gif
3 MB, 700x285
>>71715101
>BvS was just too deep for you! Please stop making fun of it... M-muh forced "kino" maymay was going to be so epic...
>>
>>71714802
>HE'S JUST LIKE THE JOKER BECAUSE THEY BOTH ARE A LITTLE WACKY

Every time I forget that legitimate idiots post here... a post like this comes up.

Please describe how he is AT ALL like Ledger's Joker.
>>
File: 1466628108099.png (383 KB, 454x479) Image search: [Google]
1466628108099.png
383 KB, 454x479
>>71714237
this upset over a shitty edge movie
>>
>>71715026
>That's way better than Batman getting triggered at the mention of a fairly common girl's name actually

No you idiot, he got triggered by a man dying saying that name.
>>
File: 1461465188560.jpg (18 KB, 291x287) Image search: [Google]
1461465188560.jpg
18 KB, 291x287
>>71715257
You're right, he's actually nothing like Ledger's Joker

Ledger's Joker was actually menacing and interesting
>>
>>71715111
>yfw you say 'Martha' and the dude dressed as bat starts freaking out
>>
File: martha martha martha.jpg (1003 KB, 1920x4304) Image search: [Google]
martha martha martha.jpg
1003 KB, 1920x4304
>>71704523
>Marveldrones LITERALLY cannot understand basic psychology
>>
>>71705548
I like the at NIGHT part
>>
>>71715113
>'My Mom' would be what any sane person would say.

>hey mister killer, go save my mother
>hey mister killer go save this citizen in danger

Superman didnt want batman to know it was his mother you dumb fuck, as far as batman knows superman's mom is just an alien
>>
>>71715060
Holy shit lad
It's not that difficult.
Martha is more specific than Mom.
If you were talking to someone who doesn't know you and hoping that they would rescue your Mom for you, you would tell them her name.

You don't point into a crowd and say "please go help my Mom"

You say "please save Martha Kent, she's my Mom."

You start with the most useful information.

Now you're making me feel like more of an autist for stooping to your level.
>>
>>71708086
>about to die
>his last words/request is that batman save his mother

If his family was just being used as a cover he wouldn't have bothered.
>>
>>71705548
this guys gets it this movie is for actual comic fans not normies
>>
File: 1.jpg (18 KB, 270x208) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
18 KB, 270x208
>>71715396
>Superman didnt want batman to know it was his mother you dumb fuck

The damage control for this flick is glorious
>>
>>71715287
>I'M ACTING LIKE A RETARD
Ok I'm leaving. Fuck you.
>HAHAHA TOP KEK WHY SO UPSET

I don't think he's upset. He's dismissing autists who can't into basic psychology.
>>
>>71705763
greatest detective in the world doesnt prep up to the biggest fight in his life with simple intel like who your target's real identity is and his background

fuck snyder fuck this movie
>>
>>71715406
But Bruce knows just as much about 'Martha' as he does about 'mom' they're one and the same in terms of usefulness.
>>
>>71704523
This was the worst thing in the movie. Could they REALLY not come up with anything better?
>>
>>71715539
Except "Martha" triggers his autism long enough for Lois to run and say "it's his mother"
>>
>>71715406
Holy shit lad
It's not that difficult.
'You're letting them kill martha' has as much useful information (zero) as 'you're letting them kill mom'.

Pontificating on the maybes of what would happen if Batman and Superman carried on the conversation is pointless, particularly considering that the next thing that happens is Lois runs in and shouts "it's his mom!' making the mom aspect the solidifying nugget of info that Batman needs to do a swift 180 on Superman. We all have to accept the martha is just shitty script writing, and that's ok.
>>
>>71715406
>You start with the most useful information.

Like from what she needs saving and her potential location?

And saying she is actually more important then saying a random name. Because from that you can deduce that she is female, 40+ years old and, in this specific case maybe not, but the same race as you and might share some of your features.

Saying "Help Martha" tells you nothing that will actually help you save the person in question.
>>
>>71715511
Well if Batman had done 5 minutes of detective work, they would have never had a reason to fight, and the movie would be over

So they had to make Batman a bloodthirsty moron in order to have an excuse to fight Supes

Nice double-dubs
>>
>>71714984
top kek
>>
>>71715578
>And saying she is your mom
>>
>>71715511
Lois is the greatest detective in the world in the DCEU

SHE'S DA KEY
>>
>>71715565
But Clark had no idea that would happen.
>>
File: 1465047953717.gif (3 MB, 800x352) Image search: [Google]
1465047953717.gif
3 MB, 800x352
>>71715396

The level of mental gymnastics DCucks go to defend this fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>71715440
How is that damage control? if someone is killing you have no reason to think he will make you a favor, did you even watch the movie? There's a reason LOIS is the one that says who martha is
>>
>>71715629
Because it's a plot device, not something logical or natural to the characters

It's stupid
>>
>>71715648
>There's a reason LOIS is the one that says who martha is

Because the writing in this movie is shit, that's the reason
>>
File: Martha.jpg (73 KB, 1278x525) Image search: [Google]
Martha.jpg
73 KB, 1278x525
Did you guys notice that Bruce's mom was also named Martha?
>>
File: 1445168556286.jpg (15 KB, 267x323) Image search: [Google]
1445168556286.jpg
15 KB, 267x323
>>71715648

>known vigilante that fights crime
>DUDE HE WOULDN'T TRY AND SAVE SOMEONES LIFE
>>
>>71715773
Martha? sure, the aliens mom that is must likely an alien? no, that's like the entire point of clark saying to the guy that will slay him martha instead of mom
>>
>>71711646
Just a prank bro
>>
File: 1459197883899.jpg (131 KB, 928x946) Image search: [Google]
1459197883899.jpg
131 KB, 928x946
>>71715847

Yeah I'm sure if he said you need to save my mom Batman would be retarded enough to think he meant on Krypton. Pro tip only you are that retarded anon.
>>
File: oops.jpg (236 KB, 1280x1064) Image search: [Google]
oops.jpg
236 KB, 1280x1064
>I don't give a fuck about your parents
>wait-- MARTHA?
>>
>>71705371
Sorry would be the Ben affleck/Jennifer Garner playground fight from daredevil
>>
>>71715930
"Your mom's name is Martha too?"
"Did we just become best friends?"
"Yep!"
"Do you wanna go do karate in the garage?"
"Yep!"
>>
>>71714542
>>71714641
This exchange is like a conversation between an uncle who's telling a story about the first time he saw Star Wars,
and the nephew who interrupts to say "I like JarJar!".
>>
>>71715257
Christ you're cranky.

Not him. It did strike me the first time I saw a scene of him.
So calling others idiots doesn't really negate natural gut reaction to a performance.
>>
>>71716036
You're not comparing this schlock to Star Wars, are you? Even the Prequels were better than this garbage(though not by much)
>>
File: Brothers.gif (2 MB, 600x248) Image search: [Google]
Brothers.gif
2 MB, 600x248
>>71716021
>>
>>71715964
>not the basketball game from Catwoman
>>
File: 1461544571804.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1461544571804.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>71715332
>>
File: superman returns.jpg (278 KB, 861x1256) Image search: [Google]
superman returns.jpg
278 KB, 861x1256
Don't mind me, just being the best Superman movie

The scene where Superman takes a bullet right to the eyeball is better than anything in this fucking dreck
>>
>>71716455
Superman 78 is infinitely superior to that trash.
>>
>>71716484
>Superman rewinds time to save Lois, letting lots of other people die in the process

Nah it was dumb
>>
>>71716564
He doesn't let other people die though, he still saves her last.
>>
>>71716596
>Superman saves other people, Lois dies
>Superman gets angry, rewinds time, and makes a different choice, saving Lois's life while letting other people die

Ignoring the stupidity of flying around the earth so fast that you rewind time, it also shows Superman being a selfish prick
>>
>>71716694
You're fucking stupid. In the original timeline, Lois dies after Superman saves everyone else. Superman then rewinds time just enough so he can save her after everyone else is already saved. Stop being a fucking retard.
>>
>>71716939
Except they don't show that, and they tell us that Superman doesn't have time to save everyone
>>
>>71716939
>You're fucking stupid for not believing my headcanon
>>
>>71716455
Sorry anon but new Superman movies are the best by default because Superman actually looks like Superman
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/06/dude-so-and-so-got-so-fucking-jacked.html
>>
>>71717143
I don't remember Superman being balding
Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.