[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this piece of hot garbage on IMDb Top 250, and why haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Why is this piece of hot garbage on IMDb Top 250,
and why haven't you given it 1/10 stars?
>>
Detailed Analysis of Interstellar (Feat. Grant Voegtle)

>Interstellar had an *extremely* complex plot but it was also rich with themes that structure a prediction for our future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb1FFkG6Qd0

I love you Forever - Interstellar Analysis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2xMpjn4LrI

Interstellar, movie analysis -Tolec & Dan Brock

>in-depth review, analysis & provide commentary and insight into some of the more profound, salient & poignant moments [up to & including the first half] of this thought provoking movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRBJeh5pIgM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI0qvNfIHcI

Media Bites Extra Thoughts on INTERSTELLAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iP9NQF-UwE

Interstellar - Film Review and Analysis | Abyss: Explorations in Storytelling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY9GAH64x9g

INTERSTELLAR ANALYSIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdTJIxEuntU

Interstellar & 2001: A Space Odyssey - Rough Cut film Analysis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pjn5OoKRDI
>>
>>63040993
Because most people really liked it? I mean, most people aren't unsocial necbeards like you anon . Most people are casuals.
>>
>>63040993
The IMDb top 250 is a fucking mess. Forget Interstellar, The Avengers and tons of other movies that are worse than Interstellar are on the top 250.
>>
>>63040993
because it was a solid 7/10
>>
The site is obviously garbage so you should stop going there and stop caring about it.
>>
>>63041018
thanks
>>
>>63040993
What's wrong with it? And don't spew nolantino reddit dank memes at me, just tell me what about it was garbage.
>>
Because it's interesting, emotional, and looks good visually. Does it deserve a spot in too 250? Probably not, maybe, but it's IMBD, so many movies in that list don't deserve to be there
>>
>caring about IMDb
Reminder the following films are on the top 250:
>Inside Out
>Inglorious Basterds
>V for Vendetta
>How to Train Your Dragon
>Shutter Island
>Gandhi
>Sin City
>The Avengers
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>The King's Speech
>The Imitation Game
>>
>>63040993
>caring about IMDB ratings
>voting on IMDB

You know how i know you're a homo?
>>
>>63040993
>IMDb top 250
>giving a shit
That shit averages scores from fucking everyone. Do you actually think it holds any weight between people who actually have some kind of passion for film.
>>
>>63041313
>Implying Inglorious Basterds isn't a great movie
>>
>>63041331
It's Tarantino's worst movie
>>
>>63041331
It's great but it doesn't belong anywhere near the top 250.
>>
>>63041390
Nah, his best. Django's a shit tho.
>>
>>63041417
>le keks meme
>>
>>63041390
Arguably his best
>>
>>63041411
And most of the movies there do?
>>
>>63040993

Interstellar is definitely a Top 250 movie.

I mean, what else movies could possibly outrank it? Humankind has created mostly shitty movies and the purely mediocre ones are like the best out there.
>>
>>63041542
Okay, I'll admit that I shouldn't have listed it considering the list is full of worse movies. Still doesn't belong on there though.
>>
>>63040993
lideradly 8/10 ged ober id :DDD

>>63041313
>capeshit
and I bet Spiderman 2 isn't even on there.
>>
>>63041593
Just checked, it isn't. IMDb users are the worst.
>>
>>63041270
Has a ton of writing problems and the entire script is built around the absurd notion that love is a fundamental force of the universe.
>>
>>63040993
>bland Oscar bait is on the top 250
>capeshit is on the top 250
>bitches about an ambitious sci-fi film being on the top 250
>>
>>63041661
would it really be better if they came up with some sciency sounding justification that was so convoluted that it kept most people from calling its bluff? is the quality of sci-fi really dependent on how hard it is for autists to disprove?
>>
File: 1438793890426.gif (3 MB, 225x180) Image search: [Google]
1438793890426.gif
3 MB, 225x180
>He doesn't accept that love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space.
>>
>>63041661
Are you fucking retarded?

Ffs, this is Nolan we're talking about. How hard can it be to understand the movie?

Love and destiny had nothing to do with it - the characters just thought it did. Murphy was a supergenius, like the Albert Einstein of their century. The future humans knew that she was the one who saved the human race, but like everyone else just thought that she had figured it out herself. At some point, the future humans discovered that it wouldn't have been possible for Murphy to do what she did without their help and built the wormhole. They picked Cooper to deliver the message since they couldn't pinpoint the place in time they needed to be in order to talk to Murphy.

The 5th dimension people was behind all of it. Not some love bullshit.

Love is what drives people to do extraordinary things. That is the message of the film. Not that love is able to make people interact with others on an inter-dimensional level or that love makes people sense what planets are habitable. That's just coincidental and there's still science behind everything that happens in the second half of the film(The Science of Interstellar by Kip Thorne goes into great detail on everything).

Love is a powerful force that transcends time and space. And it's kind of true. You can feel a connection to someone who isn't physically present. Someone from another time, someone in another place. Someone who is dead. Naturally, they have nothing of value to you if you're dead, but the love you feel for them can continue to inspire you to do things. All of the decisions made in the film were made out of love, and obviously people can say it's sappy, but if these characters acted purely out of logic and self-preservation... They'd be the villain.

The film portrayed scientists as human. Instead of being emotionless nerds, instead of being Spock, they're people with family and loved ones.
>>
>>63042008
>Love and destiny had nothing to do with it

Except for how brand was proven right. Love was literally leading her to the best planet in time to prevent edmund's death. Also love is what allowed cooper to navigate the tesseract to send the messages, as without some sort of love connection, the futurehumans couldn't send messages to the past, as established by [retard]'s bit at the COMMANDER COOP WE'RE NASA scene.
>>
File: xc.jpg (18 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
xc.jpg
18 KB, 313x470
>>63040993
I made an IMDb account just to rate it a 10.

Thank you, based Nolan.
>>
>>63042133 Brand threw a fit and was emotionally damaged after literally killing that bearded guy because of how retarded she was. I'm not defending the movie. Because every character was fucking retarded but she was confused as fuck, who missed somebody she loved and coincidentally it was the right planet. I mean, 1/3 is not bad odds.

Love didn't guide Cooper. He thought so but in reality the 4 dimension beings put him there because his love to Murph would make him endure every trial a head of him. Inspire him. Which gave him the conclusion of finding the clock. The thing that made him able to send the message was the clock and the gravity manipulation of that clock.

What the characters says has no meaning really since most of them were retarded. Believing the bullshit that love had anything to do with only because they said so is laughable when it was HEAVILY IMPLIED that it was just the other beings from the 5th dimension fucking around.
>>
>>63042450
her love speech was before miller's planet, before beardguy died.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.