[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss Outcast and why it's so awesome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: serveimage.jpg (173 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
173 KB, 800x1185
Discuss Outcast and why it's so awesome
>>
>>71621192
About to binge episodes 3-5 (don't have Skinimax) but felt episode 2 wasn't as good as pilot.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this show and the premise. As someone who loves all things horror, it's nice seeing the genre in a televised format. I don't like TWD or Kirkman, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is a season one and done for me.

What I do like is how everyone around the protagonist is/was possessed and why he became a literal outcast (not the demon Outcast stuff). I sort of dig his backstory with his Mom but wasn't too crazy about it and I also adore the fact that he isn't just walking cliche of a 'bearded man drenched in sorrow' - there's a reason for him being sorrow.

I am curious how long this show will survive being on this channel with so low ratings. Very few people are talking about it along with very few outlets marketing it. What does /tv/ think?
>>
It's faithful to the source material so I'm satisfied so far.
>>
>>71621486
I like it and I'm not a big fan of horror. According to wikipedia the show has already been greenlit for a second season.

>>71621515
The show was developed before the comic even started by the author of the comic.
>>
>>71621515
Would you recommend reading the source material? I'm big into comics but avoided anything Kirkman due to TWD fluctuating in quality.

>>71621540
Since you're not a fan of horror, I'd like to know what makes this appealing to you more than the rest of the genre? I'll probably end up answering my own question but what I personally like is how the horror isn't literal scares but more so the unknown of what is happening (who the antagonists are, why people are possessed, etc.). I guess the mysticism as I don't find the show to be scary whatsoever.
>>
File: 522493958.jpg (491 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
522493958.jpg
491 KB, 683x1024
>>71621192
>>
>>71621643
The mystery aspect, subject matter at hand (possesions) and how it handles it.
>>
Soap drama about bitching family members pulled over demonic setting. Boy, this is shit.
>>
Pretty good show. The pacing is a bit too slow for a show that only has 10 episodes per season and releases one episode per week.

This show would work better if you could binge watch it Netflix style.
>>
Why is he so pathetic?
>>
>- REMEMBER I PUNCHED YOU IN THE FACE WHEN YOU WAS A KID?
>- YES.
>- IT WAS DEMON, NOT ME, LOL.
Dude, this is shit-tier comics and tv series as well.
>>
That's not good
>>
>>71621192
Is this getting good rating for a cinemax series? I don't want it to get cancelled.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.