[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What seasons / episodes of spongebob are good as an adult ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What seasons / episodes of spongebob are good as an adult ?

i watched it loads in 2000 when i was like 10 but can barely remember it now. Is it worth it ?

might torrent it all based on /tv/'s thoughts
>>
>>71601049

seasons 1-3 or 4 are the best.
>>
>>71601049
If you like wordplay humor and 80s visual gags and airplane style humor, you'd like S1-3. After S3 it turned into "lol im so dumb" and gross out humor that only little kids would enjoy
>>
Depends, early spongebob was "adult" in the way the timing and the jokes worked. It was more like Airplane-style jokes, kids would laugh at Patrick falling down, and adults would laugh at the references to old tropes from the past.

Modern spongebob is more like in "look its a 90s actor!" and panty raids,disgusting gags, ripped toenailes, etc and "how patrick and spongebob are secretly lovers" kind of nonsense.

Summed up, old spongebob is like putting on Three stooges for the kids, and they laugh at Curly getting hit on the head, while you enjoy how well the characters work together and fuck things up. New Spongebob is like a kid going back to watch american pie and saying "ohh haha he was talking about sex lmao i get it now"
>>
>>71601049
season 1 through 3 are GOAT

season 4 is mediocre

season 5+ is garbage
>>
Season 1 is unrivaled in excellence. it is so ingrained in me and my siblings minds that we can say an obscure line for any episode and he'll pick up on it. I think S1 being hand-drawn really helped that out.

Having said that, Season 3 started interjection what I call "conversational humor" which put it on a path to decline.
SB and Patrick starting making more critical jokes, his personality becoming grossly overconfident, and inject more random humor into episodes. (panty raids, pushing gary to death, sandy becoming nothing more than side plot character, squidward being injured on a daily basis etc)
>>
>>
File: spongebobimdb.png (40 KB, 1895x597) Image search: [Google]
spongebobimdb.png
40 KB, 1895x597
First 3 seaons are GOAT

First movie is great

Latest seasons are just standard kid shows with some good episodes, pic related.

The second more recent movie was actually also pretty good, which surprised me.

Also, have the new Hillenburg episodes started airing yet?
>>
>>71601731
what makes S9 so good?
>>
>>71601049
Seasons 1-3 plus the movie
>>
>>71601805
Stephen Hillenburg
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.