[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>kino/10 Blackhat is literally the best hacker movie ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 22
File: images-7.jpg (37 KB, 476x714) Image search: [Google]
images-7.jpg
37 KB, 476x714
>kino/10

Blackhat is literally the best hacker movie ever been made, prove me wrong fags
>>
File: Blackhat-Movie-2015-Ending[1].jpg (38 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
Blackhat-Movie-2015-Ending[1].jpg
38 KB, 620x320
>>71590812
I can't prove you wrong. From a directorial standpoint, this movie is fucking perfect. The script isn't great, but that doesn't matter. Everything else is sublime.

Blackhat is indeed too beautiful for this world, which is why the masses rejected it. "Too cold", they said. "Not realistic" they said. I struggle to understand what went through the mainstream critics' mind during Hathaway and Lien's first sex scene, which came at a time they were waiting until dawn for an international flight. It was out of necessity that they found each other, and their physical chemistry couldn't have been more perfect. It was beautiful.

And then there was the professionalism, on all fronts. It's a Mann film after all. Lien's brother catches her and Hathaway in bed together, and what does he do? Does he get all huffy and create unnecessary drama like literally hundreds of other movies with the same situation? No. He goes about his fucking job. They all go about their business, because the mission takes absolute precedent.

This is the type of thriller we desperately need these days. The human drama is there, but it's SECONDARY to the mission. But when the human drama is there, it's a home run. During the first firefight, some random mook is mortally wounded. Do the other nameless mooks just leave him there? No, they carry him to safety like he's a real person, a friend, a brother they've worked with before. When that random mook dies on the speedboat (it's not a true Mann film without a speedboat) you FEEL the loss that they feel.
>>
Swordfish is the best

It has Wolverine, tits, Vinnie Jones and John Travolta hamming it up
>>
>>71590812
Michael Mann is a God.
>>
The weedy nu-male redditor crowd can't handle the idea of a hacker looking like an actual man rather than a fellow beta autist so this masterpiece gets made fun of by the ignorant.
>>
>>71590871
I can see why people think it's bad, but I enjoyed the fuck out of Swordfish.
>>
his burp voice ruined it for me
>>
>>71590812
I agree
also engineerkino
the PLC and reactor discussion is accurate and interesting
>>
>>71590812
>>71590856
>>71590880
>>71590914
>>71591080
are you all meming? I'm a fan off Mann but i stayed away from this because everyone said it was shit. I'm downloading it now you fucking better not be meming
>>
>>71591268
not memeing
don't believe everything the critics say
>>
>>71591268
fuck off you faggot I hate you so much and I wish I could murder the hype beast you obviously are
>errrrmygod people are talking about this "cronut", like, I'm about to wait a few hours on line for one so like it better be fucking good"
>errrrmygod people are like talking about the "iphone". I'm about to wait on line for one for a few hours so like it better be fucking good"
>>
>>71591268
Blackhat is genuinely a masterpiece but if you're so weak minded and impressionable that you haven't watched the movie up until this point because you heard some plebs call it bad then you're too juvenile about art to be able to appreciate Blackhat anyway. You'll just be another pleb who watches it and then complains about it afterwards.
>>
>>71591268
I've seen nothing but rational criticism on here so I stayed away.
>>
File: iSg4VmF.png (374 KB, 632x413) Image search: [Google]
iSg4VmF.png
374 KB, 632x413
>>71591268
If you aren't like pic related redditor then you are going to like it
>>
File: 1434869538435.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1434869538435.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>71591326
>>
>>71591268
You're getting memed on, anon. I would suggest waiting for the director's cut to come out. Only vulgautist memers think the theatrical cut is a 10/10 masterpiece.
>>
>>71591268
If you like Miami Vice you'll like Black Hat. I love Miami Vice.
>>
Blackhat is literally perfect.
>>
can someone who knows what theyre talking about comment on whether the actual hacking in the movie is done well?

thinking about giving this a download
>>
>kino
>mann
Tasteless plebeian please go back to letterimdb
>>
Only trash vulgar auteur shitposters from /lbg/ like.
Giga yikes.
>>
>>71590812
that's not The Core
>>
File: kinematography.jpg (99 KB, 847x359) Image search: [Google]
kinematography.jpg
99 KB, 847x359
After seeing this 3 times now, i stand behind my claim that it's one of the scariest movies ever made.

A computer genius reduced to a man with a blade in a deteriorating wash of digital bodies and fire. Strands of hair blowing in the wind and glances at necks and arms that say more than any amount of dialogue could.

Mann is known for having loud gun sounds but they have never sounded so technical, the deafening rattle of bullets leaving the chamber and ejecting out their barrel. The velocity of the violence, and physicality of not just the prison style shanking at the end, but the way the guns operate.

Ear piercing pangs reverberating through and around the tight tunnels, shipping containers and stone structures in that mid-movie shootout. Wei Tang's screams silenced so that all we can hear are the bullets hitting the back of the sign they're hiding behind.

A final showdown that is more along the lines of a certain scene in The Tale of the Princess Kaguya than any live action film i've ever seen.

The bodies of the leads moving against a sea of black and red, everything starts to become more and more abstract as they try to move closer while being pushed back by the huge crowd carrying fire torches, it starts to become hard to tell who is actually moving and then everything crashes down and the background suddenly becomes nothing but fire and bodies that collapse into flowing shapes.

A shot that tracks along Hemsworth's arm and pans around to show his out of focus body against a backdrop of digital noise is one of the most truly 3D moments i've ever seen in a 2D movie.
>>
>>71591432
Looks like the mouthbreathers are here.
>>
File: he knows.jpg (529 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
he knows.jpg
529 KB, 1920x1080
Mann's digital camera continues to give bodies weight,
>the team of cops rushing through the tight pathways as the camera aggressively follows behind and tracks back adds an immediate feeling of not quasi-realism but real-realism?
>Everything carries weight, everything is there, it's happening now.

It's not just a prop behind that gun, it's a human.

He's one of the only contemporary directors that can achieve realism through abstraction. Claims that he doesn't care about his characters don't make any sense when he gives people without even a word of dialogue a more meaningful death than some films give their lead character, look at the way he focuses on Kassar's face as he finds out that one of his men isn't going to make it. Or the dying breaths of a cop that he lingers on as the rest of the team leave him behind not because they want to but because they have to. And that skyscraper shot...

"Time doesn't do me"
>>
File: nitze.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
nitze.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>71591542
Wow Blackhat was the scariest film I've seen recently!

Le Capeshit Man has Derrida on his bookshelf, and he is atypical for a computer nerd l33t h@cker! Good movie, it was #totes terrifying because of physicality and violence and bodies moving in space, and the CIA can know things about us in the #digital_age and stuff
>>
Mann is one of the worst directors of all time
HEAT is absolute garbage
>>
>>71591602
Heat was supposed to be a TV-show and you can tell it from the sprawling writing and lack of focus.

Mann was also the director who made the first movie with Pacino and DeNiro side by side and still fucked it up
>>
File: Mel Gibson laugh.jpg (99 KB, 590x400) Image search: [Google]
Mel Gibson laugh.jpg
99 KB, 590x400
>>71591522
>After seeing this 3 times now, i stand behind my claim that it's one of the scariest movies ever made
This is one of the funniest things I've read on /tv/ all day. I can't tell if you're being genuine or parodying vulgautists.
>>
File: INSTAGRAM.png (258 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
INSTAGRAM.png
258 KB, 620x349
Blackhat is an experimental film. This point may seem obvious, but in many ways this experimentation is at the heart of Mann's attempt to capture his idea of reality primarily through a heightened visual expression and attention to atmospheric detail rather than through only narrative information or psychological verisimilitude.

It seems as if every moment wrestles against the modern viewer’s hunger for narrative clarity and character identification. But does that mean it’s a bad movie? Or does that mean an audience weaned on information-focused TV shows and movies is trying to force the viewing habits they’re comfortable with onto an experimental movie that challenges them?

It begs a grandiose question: What is cinema? What are movies? Well, at the most basic level, cinema is audiovisual art. And we should always keep in mind that stories and characters are not the only filmic way to explore the human condition – just the most common. Film is not about storytelling or character development; these are merely tools, ways for a filmmaker to express his or her vision and ideas, just like visuals, music, setting, dialogue, editing, or any other part of the medium.

A film’s story should not be what we, as viewers, focus on any more than we should only focus on an actor’s performance or a composer’s score. We should focus on the whole package, analyze what that package means and says, examine its components, and und'r-stand it on its own terms.
>>
>>71591268
youre getting memed mate.
GET OUT NOW. DO NOT WATCH. DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID
>>
>Throw a glib shit like philosophy book on bookshelf
>Vulgar auteur mouthbreaters can't stop praising the shit heap

y i k e s
>>
>>71591326
he's doing the opposite of hypebeasting. He's going for a contrarian, not populist/reactionary thing because of distinct information.
>>
File: colonized.jpg (85 KB, 618x710) Image search: [Google]
colonized.jpg
85 KB, 618x710
BLEACHED

ARYANIZED
>>
>>71591590
t. mouthbreather
>>
>>71591828
Except it doesn't work like that, when a white male race mixes he is cucking his own race. It's the pure white genetics that are the important part.
>>
>chad thundercock is unstoppable and grossly contempt at all moments in time. banging off his desert eagle like POPPOPOP At little terrorist cucks.

Ya great movie...just like us huh..
>>
File: 1467377692134.png (5 KB, 205x166) Image search: [Google]
1467377692134.png
5 KB, 205x166
>>71591268
hahahhahahaha this idiot he's probably watching this shit pile right now because of /tv/

i fully expect another "shit tv memed you into watch"

hahahaha so this is how it happens i guess
>>
>>71591919
B-BUT IT'S THE SCARIEST MOVIE EVER MADE!
>>
Modern masculinity, digitized.

Mann is a genius.
>>
File: Ryan Gosling laughing.gif (497 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
Ryan Gosling laughing.gif
497 KB, 245x200
>>71591974
I can't wait for that thread. I'll never understand why Blackhat became such a huge meme.
>>
File: image.png (238 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
image.png
238 KB, 780x780
>>71591974
hahahaha
>>
The worst thing about the movie is the sound mixing
>>
>>71592099
>became such a huge meme.
Vulgar auteurs from letterboxd shilled it

>>71592488
but LE SOUND IS A VEHICLE FOR A

ANOTHER KIND OF LOVE

IN THAT MOMENT

???
>>
File: KINOHAT.jpg (913 KB, 3240x1350) Image search: [Google]
KINOHAT.jpg
913 KB, 3240x1350
So many of its images are already seared in my brain: a handheld camera bouncing and juddering as it chases the heroes through a Chinese aqueduct; a man speeding away on a motorboat as a blown-out sky vibrates behind him; a fist-fight in a Korean noodle house seems to envelope the camera in a blur of motion. I’ve seen Blackhat dismissed by plebs as silly or dramatically flat. It isn’t, but I rather think that misses the point. You don’t face up to a film like this look to pick apart its dialogue or story, even if you think they’ll withstand the scrutiny. When a rush of images this exquisite are upon you the only appropriate response is to give yourself over to them. Mann has pushed the action movie into the realm of abstract expressionism alright. Simply stand back and luxuriate in the beauty.
>>
Just another hunk who cares
>>
>>71592546
It is a beautifully shot film, only plebs will deny this.

>>71592509
Just look at this buzzword spouting mess, he can't even hide his indignation and resentment: signs of emotional immaturity.
>>
>>71591378
>Sarah Palin in background
>atheist
not likely
>>
>>71591644
>Heat was bad
meme all you want, you're tricking no one
>>
File: He succ me.jpg (72 KB, 446x482) Image search: [Google]
He succ me.jpg
72 KB, 446x482
>>71592546
>people saving and reposting my grid consistently
>>
>>71593046
Mediocre at best, pure shit at other times
>>
>>71591268
>I'm a fan off Mann but i stayed away from this because everyone said it was shit.

It's time for suicide.
>>
>>71590856
>>71590856
>this movie is fucking perfect

Le digital camera ruins everything.
>>
>>71593204
It's awful, unrealistic. The female FBI agent sleeps with the main character who is like a child.
Love interest gets in the way of plot, its literally not that great.
Main character is a marshal arts expert who saves waifu fbi gal, and to nail it all down shot on digi cam

"blackhat was a mistake" Micheal Mann tm
>>
blackhat is good, if not as good as other Mann works overall.
8/10 for me
>>
>>71593339
>and to nail it all down shot on digi cam
Tarantino go home
>>
File: zerocool.jpg (436 KB, 2055x1220) Image search: [Google]
zerocool.jpg
436 KB, 2055x1220
In the works of Mann, a predominant concept is the distinction between
within and without. If predeconstructivist nationalism holds, we have to choose
between modernist appropriation and neocultural structuralist theory.

The characteristic theme of Mann's model of
subdialectic narrative is a mythopoetical whole. However, the main theme of the
works of his are not deconstruction, but subdeconstruction. The subject is
interpolated into a predeconstructivist nationalism that includes truth as a
paradox.

“Sexual identity is responsible for hierarchy,” says Foucault; however,
according to Werther[2] , it is not so much sexual identity
that is responsible for hierarchy, but rather the failure, and some would say
the economy, of sexual identity. It could be said that the premise of
subcultural theory states that the purpose of the reader is significant form.
In Blackhat, Mann examines libertarianism; in Four
Rooms, however, he deconstructs modern capitalism.
>>
>>71593685
Does Mann even have anything to do with Four Rooms or is this entire post memery
>>
>>71593900
It's a satire of Letterboxd vulgar auteur reviews of Mann's digital films.
>>
File: 1467356479146.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
1467356479146.png
298 KB, 600x512
>>71593946
>the mouthbreather is so mad he's still lurking instead of hiding the thread
>>
>>71593992
>the vulgautist is so mad he's still posting insane hyperbole
>>
>>71593992
bet you are busy upvoting nathanxwalker and john lewis and other retarded memers

and nice facebook tier reaction image steakbro
>>
File: 14292827652549.jpg (26 KB, 377x390) Image search: [Google]
14292827652549.jpg
26 KB, 377x390
>>71594029
>>71594047
no u
>>
>>71594089
>and nice facebook tier reaction image
>>
>>71594136
thanks
>>
Please stop memeing back and forth
>>
>>71594188
Every fucking Blackhat thread is endless memery. If you want genuine discussion of Mann then go make a thread about one of his good films.
>>
This movie was so boring. That ending was cheesy as fuck too.
>>
>>71594188
You can't have a serious discussion of Blackhat because of /lbg/'s inside IRC shitpost circle.
>>
File: the-keep-poster.jpg (76 KB, 500x756) Image search: [Google]
the-keep-poster.jpg
76 KB, 500x756
Hey vulgautists, meme this film.
>>
>>71593685
fucking stop
>>
File: dademurphy.jpg (164 KB, 943x530) Image search: [Google]
dademurphy.jpg
164 KB, 943x530
If one examines semanticist deconceptualism, one is faced with a choice:
either accept semantic theory or conclude that sexuality has significance, but
only if semanticist deconceptualism is valid. Therefore, Mann'
s analysis of
neotextual deconstruction holds that narrativity serves to reinforce hierarchy.
Lacan uses the term ‘semanticist deconceptualism’ to denote the role of the
observer as participant.

“Sexual identity is a legal fiction,” says Derrida. However, Mann suggests that we have to choose between semantic theory and
capitalist theory. The subject is interpolated into a semanticist
deconceptualism that includes reality as a whole.

Therefore, if semantic theory holds, we have to choose between neotextual
deconstruction and postdialectic nihilism. The main theme of the work of
Mann is a conceptual paradox.
>>
>>71594471
jesus christ OP stop shitposting this
>>
>>71594471
I cant tell if this is shitposting or not.
>>
>>71594471
Anon please
>>
>>71593685
V
>>71594441
V
>>71594471

^
|
|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKbU8B-QVZk
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.