[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great found-footage movie or greatest found-footage movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1451597140415.jpg (40 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
1451597140415.jpg
40 KB, 640x430
Great found-footage movie or greatest found-footage movie?
>>
>>71575280
Grave Encounters
>>
I get really irritated when characters in such movies act so irrational. I get that tiredness, hunger and whatnot psychological effects will impair your judgement but come on. Try to come up with solutions using logic!

How about following the creek for a while. Surely that will get you to some human settlement. Why is this not even a suggestion? I want characters who can logically, even scientifically analyze the situation they are in. Very little of this was in the Cube but what else?

If I was one of the characters I would try to bend the mechanics in the same situation (of course if I could keep my composure), start a fire for example, burn down the forest.
>>
>>71575635
You realize they actually were stuck in the woods right and given a small milkbag of instructions to follow every day? I mean they tried to find the way out as well so it's not like they weren't trying you try finding a logical way out when there's a 100 year old witch after you
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 345x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 345x259
Public Agent
>>
This movie is underrated when it comes to found footage movies.
>>
File: rec-273731015-large.jpg (75 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
rec-273731015-large.jpg
75 KB, 595x842
>>
>>71577606
Troll Hunter is campy as fuck though, lacks the rawness of Blair Witch

Still a good fucking time though
>>
File: the-borderlands.jpg (25 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
the-borderlands.jpg
25 KB, 780x439
>>
>>71577606
>>71577649
>watched this while I was supposed to be working on something
>took notes on Troll Hunter instead
>>
>>71577682

This
>>
>>71575280
blair witch is a 3/10, which seems to be the upper limit for found footage trash. Except for grizzly man of course.
>>
Noroi
>>
Borderlands
>>
>>71575280

Blair Witch Project is the only one that works because the gimmick wasn't run into the ground already.
>>
blair witch was genius marketing
the movie itself is ok, but don't deserve to be goat
>>
>>71578278
dangerous opinion for me to have around here, but i personally thought Noroi was pretty fucking boring and the ending was lame
>>
A couple ones i liked are V/H/S, V/H/S 2, Blair Witch, Chronicle, Grave Encounters, and As Above So Below
>>
>>71575635
Scared, tired and going stir crazy from the endless trees and leaves along with the escalating activity of The Blair Witch. They were teenagers and one was a female, being irrational is normal.
>>
The Tunnel
>>
>>71575280
I wish this movie was never made. I can't handle the amount of movies ruined with the found footage gimmicks.
>>
>>71581115
Then don't watch them you autist
>>
>>71577574
sauce
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.