[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's /tv/'s opinion of /joe rogan/? is he the philosopher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: joe-rogan.jpg (29 KB, 654x372) Image search: [Google]
joe-rogan.jpg
29 KB, 654x372
what's /tv/'s opinion of /joe rogan/?

is he the philosopher of a generation?
>>
>>71569588
He's right about weed, that's it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzqfje1oBag
>>
>>71569588
He was on Newsradio so there's that.
>>
THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)
THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST
TO POP YOUR:
ALPHA BRAIN
SHROOMTECH
KRILL & MCT OIL
PRIMATE CARE PILLS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk <---- HIT PLAY NIGGA
>YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE
>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE
>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA
DUDE BOOOOM LMAO
DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE
>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"
>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"
Joe Rogan, 2015
>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING
Brought to you by SquareSpace©
cue the hempforce mustard
>>
File: 1414844182395.jpg (33 KB, 362x246) Image search: [Google]
1414844182395.jpg
33 KB, 362x246
A pretty well informed guy with average intelligence.

Seems to parrot the last thing someone he views as intelligent told him whether he actually understand it or not. Does this until he's proven wrong, gets bored or moves on to something else.

Whatever, he's a good communicator and brings together lots of interesting people.
>>
>>71569839
yeah this. But I wish every not-so-bright person was like him because at least he's curious and more often than not invites the right people to inform him
>>
File: 1455862629111.webm (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1455862629111.webm
2 MB, 400x400
What did he mean by this?
>>
I fucking hate the way he speaks
>>
>>71569976
how dare you
>>
>>71569588
Normie incarnate, plus a surprisingly intense hatred towards catholicism and religion in general, to the point that I feel safe assuming someone religious at some point in his life slighted or abused him in some way.
>>
>you'll never be as pathetic as the guy that hates joe rogan so much he spams shit here and even created a subreddit to hate him

Feels good man
>>
File: eddie.jpg (21 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
eddie.jpg
21 KB, 620x400
>>71569839
>>71569879
>I wish every not-so-bright person was like him because at least he's curious

that's his best quality. he openly admits he's not that smart, but his eagerness to always be learning something new is what makes his podcast worth listening to. he's a knucklehead sometimes, but who isn't? at least he tries to broaden his perspective, and we get free entertainment out of it. win, win.
>>
>>71570110
Wasn't that guy a massive fan of joe, then he actually met joe in real life and got upset that joe did not pay much attention to him?
>>
Why do some people think he's smart?
>>
>>71570508
he really makes you think
>>
>>71570508
because relatively, he is.
>>
>>71570238
So the legend goes.
>>
>>71570508
because he's curious about a lot lot of stuff and spends time learning
>>
>>71570540

I mean to ask why do stupid people think he's smart? People like you need not reply.
>>
Joe Rogan is based as fuck.
>>
>>71570577

Being curious doesn't make you smart. What does he spend time learning? Every time I tried to listen to the show he just comes off as a hedonist with the way he rambles on about using drugs.
>>
>>71570600
moving the goalposts
>>
>>71570668
psychedelic drugs like shrooms and DMT aren't the same as other drugs. there is very little pleasure involved.
>>
>>71570710

I asked why people think he's smart and you answered "cuz he's smart bro xd". You contribute nothing.
>>
>>71569588
I like his podcast when he has interesting people on it.
>>
>it's a Fight companion episode
>it's a drughead episode
>it's a pseudoscience episode
>>
File: 1465794742937.jpg (91 KB, 827x565) Image search: [Google]
1465794742937.jpg
91 KB, 827x565
>>71569588
>is he the philosopher of a generation?+ 0 post omitted.
No that would be Stefan 'One Man Crusade' Molymeme
>>
>>71570600
>>71570756
not him, but it seems you're one of those stupid people. Stupid people think he's smart because relatively, to them, he is smart. Are you too stupid to understand the concept of someone being smart relative to an idiot?
>>
>>71570969
>Stupid people think he's smart because relatively, to them, he is smart.

I understand completely. Those people are incredibly stupid so to them Rogan is relatively smart. To me he's just moderately stupid.
>>
>>71570935
>>it's a Fight companion episode
literally the best ones tbqh.

>eddie bravo brings in the chill conspiracy angle
>schaub brings in the meathead contrarian angle
>joe brings in the asshole has to be right angle
>bryan brings in the goof ball everyone is gonna bully angle
>>
>>71571008
wow you must be some sort of genius
>>
>>71571076

Relatively to you, yes.
>>
>>71570508

It is because he can dumb shit down really well into layman terms. Watch a podcast with him and a scientist or whatever. When he understands what they are talking about, he will reword it. When he has no clue or has lost the argument, he will joke. He also makes people of average intelligence seem like fools in comparison because they haven't spent the past week researching the shit they are talking about.

He is smart, sure. But he isn't a genius or anything.
>>
>>71571106
moderately stupid then
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (197 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197 KB, 3000x1688
>>71571106
>>
File: joe.jpg (191 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
joe.jpg
191 KB, 594x396
>>71569588
>philosopher
>capable of ever learning
>>
>>71569588
He's just another idiot who was somewhat based before getting a large following. Back when he was shilling fleshlights 9/11 was an inside job and men never walked on the moon, today who knows mighta happened but omg feminists amirite!?
>>
>>71569588
>philosopher
DUDE DMT LMAO is not philosophy
>>
>>71570935
>its a hunting friend episode
>>
>>71571558
has Joe ever done actual hunting without Steve Rinella holding his dick all the time?
>>
>>71569632
YOU CAN'T SEE JOE HOGAN!
>>
If he was the president, I wouldn't mind.
>>
>>71569734
This sounds pretty good actually
>>
>>71571889
Rogan/Harris 2020
>>
DUDE fucking MUSHROOM POWDER AND KRILL OIL SMOOTHIES

DMT SPRINKLED ON TOP SERVED FROM A KETTLE BELL CUP

WEED THC CRYSTAL ENCRUSTED FLOTATION TANK EXPERIENCE

BIG FOOT
>>
>>71572038
hi hater
>>
>>71572038
Sounds like you hate having fun
>>
>>71571615
Nothing wrong with having a guide or someone with more expertise
>>
>>71569734
Fuck I wish I could do all those psychedelics.
>>
>>71572248
I don't. Some of those trips completely alter your personality. However shit my life is I don't want to become a different person
>>
>>71572038
I don't give two shits about this guy, but you seem really assblasted that he gets to trip.

You're almost as sad as the DUDEWEED meme.
>>
>>71572298
Good job listening to your High School Principle. A+
>>
>>71572298
>Already preemptively set a standard before you even willing to consider it.
Smh
>>
>>71572360
>>71572395
you have no clue. I've heard the JRE and other podcasts with guests that have done hardcore ayahuasca trips for example. In some cases you actually become a different person. Sometimes it's for the better but sometimes not. Not everyone is suited to such a soul-ripping experience and some people can't handle it well. And there's no way to know which one you are until you do it
>>
>>71572298
There's been studies that indicate shrooms mdma and lsd can help people with ptsd and depression.

which any semi intelligent person can tell you themselves if they've experienced it first hand. Not to say it can't freak people out if they don't know what the fuck they're doing.
>>
>>71569588
>the philosopher of a generation
dude, lmao

hope he gets fully hooked on the nicotine jew, maybe he'll write better jokes

fight companions are top banter tho
>>
>>71572038
>>BIG FOOT
Did Joe do a 180 on his bigfoot beliefs?
He used to talk about how bigfoot definitely exists, but on a recent episode he practically said that people who believe in bigfoot are delusional idiots.
>>
>>71573454
I think he believes that something like big foot existed at one point during human history which is why people still believe in it but he'll shit on anyone who points to video proof because it clearly isn't.
>>
>>71569588
Were any of you faggots at the comedy store last night during his show?
>>
File: stefan.jpg (69 KB, 1453x862) Image search: [Google]
stefan.jpg
69 KB, 1453x862
>is he the philosopher of a generation?
>>
File: 18.png (92 KB, 171x278) Image search: [Google]
18.png
92 KB, 171x278
>>71569734

>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"

>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"
>>
Good guests, that's really it
>>
>>71569588
more like jimmy swaggart of this generation.
>>
>>71569588
DUDE

HUNTING

LMAO
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.