[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hate??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 32
File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124 KB, 257x380) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124 KB, 257x380
Finally watched B vs S today and I think it was pretty good. Don't understand the hate.

I have been told Disney/Marvel has an effective campaign of forcing reviewers to say DC is shit and I am starting to somewhat believe. Maybe it could have used a bit of humor, but what is what Lex was kinda supposed to be.

What am I not seeing? Reminds me of the Lone Ranger, a movie I like, that everyone shits on.

Help!
>>
>>71572492
>I have been told Disney/Marvel has an effective campaign of forcing reviewers to say DC is shit
This. Marveldrones shut down the competition whenever they can. Snyder's a genius. Debate me.
>>
File: fourlights.jpg (10 KB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
fourlights.jpg
10 KB, 300x229
>>71572522
Ya fuck I mean I honestly found a stream online and thought I would have it on for just background shit while I study.

Ten minutes in and I am all into it.. for three fucking hours!

Affleck nailed it. They setup the DC universe well (though the stuff with the dream he has is a bit out of place).

I like Marvel too. There is room enough for both!

I put it just below GotG and Iron Man 1 really. They just need an actor like RDjr who can bring a bit more charisma.

Synder is hit or miss for me but the dude knows cinematography. Wow
>>
>>71572625
Liking BvS IS the meme.

Go back to the shitty board you came from.
>>
File: OpenYourFuckingEyes.jpg (79 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
OpenYourFuckingEyes.jpg
79 KB, 500x380
>>71572492
>>71572606
Also want to mention I hated Superman (and haven't really like him as a character ever - just too powerful).

>>71572625
I have seen a lot of the hate and it just doesn't make sense. I am converted and can't wait for DC to ramp this shit up. Had already been looking forward to Suicide Squad and now I am counting the days.
>>
Hating on it is a meme.
>>
>>71572492
I thought the theatrical was shit, but the Ultimate Cut was actually pretty good.
>>
The ultimate cut was literally a live graphic novel.
>>
Why do you keep making threads about this movie?
>>
File: 1436815483896.jpg (78 KB, 550x617) Image search: [Google]
1436815483896.jpg
78 KB, 550x617
>>71572700
>Ultimate Cut was actually pretty good
I think this is what I watched because of the length and it had 'fuck' in it a couple times.

Anyone know the deal with the dude who appeared in his dream saying Lois was the key?
>>
>>71572492
watched ultimate cut the other night. havent seen it before. It was a pile of dog shit.
>>
File: HeLooksAngry.gif (2 MB, 388x268) Image search: [Google]
HeLooksAngry.gif
2 MB, 388x268
>>71572745
This is the first thread I have ever made in TV fucker. Go away.
>>
>>71572786
>This is the first thread I have ever made in TV fucker
Clearly
>>
>>71572492
It's a serious movie with right-wing core tendencies, and the media is primarily left-wing. What did you expect?
>>
File: Autism.gif (45 KB, 550x284) Image search: [Google]
Autism.gif
45 KB, 550x284
>>71572770
>It was a pile of dog shit
I would ask what you hated but I am guessing it is a waste. Not saying the movie was a masterpiece but for comic book shit and a movie with this hype I liked it.

>>71572809
Thank you for adding nothing to the thread. Go away.

I like to talk about movies after I watch them and I am stuck home alone studying.
>>
>>71572749
>nyone know the deal with the dude who appeared in his dream saying Lois was the key?

Is this a fucking running gag now? Even the most neophyte comic reader knows who the fuck that was.
>>
>>71572885
Seriously, who doesn't recognize Cyborg these days?
>>
File: themoreyouknow.jpg (55 KB, 561x370) Image search: [Google]
themoreyouknow.jpg
55 KB, 561x370
>>71572885
I have never read a comic in my life. Sorry to not be part of that culture and I honestly have NO FUCKING IDEA what that scene was about.

>>71572918
me
>>
>>71572786
I hope this is a joke for the sake of our board. We don't need more tourists here
>>
File: wrongsuspect.gif (2 MB, 216x162) Image search: [Google]
wrongsuspect.gif
2 MB, 216x162
>>71573100
If you want a good joke unzip your pants and look down.

Was hoping to get a good convo about this movie but /tv/ is only good for Game of Thrones threads.

Batman vs Superman wasn't as bad as I was lead to believe and I actually liked it. Hoping DC sticks with the dark and gritty at least somewhat even though I am sure this scared them off.
>>
File: bvs.jpg (103 KB, 500x567) Image search: [Google]
bvs.jpg
103 KB, 500x567
>>71572522
> MUH MARVEL PAID OFF THE CRITICS
lel
>>
File: armond.jpg (19 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
armond.jpg
19 KB, 300x279
In Armond's words:
>The trivializing has grabbed such hold that when a genuine pop artist like Zack Snyder deepens comics lore into visionary, moral art (the profound Man of Steel and Batman v Superman), many fanboys, and critics, react with anger, resentment — and ignorance.
>>
>le no humor meme

who was perry's lines to clark?

who was granny's peach tea?

who was I thought she was with you?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c

it stinks!
>>
>>71572918

Cheeky!
>>
File: Bubs_medium.jpg (13 KB, 243x222) Image search: [Google]
Bubs_medium.jpg
13 KB, 243x222
>>71573257
Ha ha ok this actually is pretty funny. This piss jars thing got me laughing.

I don't think Marvel like goes out and pays reviewers to say bad things.

>>71573306
Ya and Alfred had a couple lines that were funny I think. I don't mind the lack of humor it is what differentiates it from Marvel.

As someone who likes Marvel (and now DC since I hated Superman but this film was better), I say cheers to all these movies and I hope they can coexist.

I just love big budget popcorn movies I guess. I know that is hated here but whatevs.
>>
It just makes me think Snyder is a genius, people really vehemently hate it for some of the most petty, abstract reasons.
>>
i wish i could get paid to shill bvs too...
>>
Visually it's by far the best of all capeshit.

Most of the problems I had plot and character wise were fixed in the Ultimate Cut.

I can't wrap my head around why they didn't just release the three hour version in theaters.

They lost way more money through bad word of mouth than they would've from people not wantint to go see it because of length.
>>
>>71573577
>implying studios know anything about good films
>>
>>71573577
>Visually it's by far the best of all capeshit.
Sure if you're into videogame aesthetics
>>
>>71573848
why do you know what that looks like?
>>
>>71572700
Theatrical was a 6/10, Ultimate is a solid 8.

The problem with Ultimate Cut is it didn't fix the main problem of the movie is overstuffed plot. The movie makes more sense, but there is still TOO many things happening in a single movie, and they left many cliffhangers (Something that most DCU criticized about MCU)
>>
>>71573577
It has several actual good shots, and you chose the clusterfuck of nothing that is the Mega-Zod fight.
>>
>>71573577
>CGI that would have been embarassing in the early 90s
>Anime "beams meet in the middle" fight
>Superman has that "I'M POOPING!" look on his face when he uses heat vision
>More CGI special effects than fat on your average American

People actually defend this shit?
>>
>>71573534
tinfoil hat detected
>>
>>71574739
>It has several actual good shots
The first 15-20 minutes are amazing (Funeral, Bruce's parents assassination, Metropolis big fight), the rest is MEH.
>>
>>71574793
that's some fucking GOOD 90's CGI then, what movies?
>>
>>71575119
What part of "several" contradicts that?
>>
File: thedudeisconfused.gif (123 KB, 496x279) Image search: [Google]
thedudeisconfused.gif
123 KB, 496x279
>>71574793
>CGI special effects than fat on your average American

They should have used claymation right?
>>
>>71572492
plebs hate good movies
>>
>>71573306
>granny's peach tea?
So whose pee was it, /tv/? Do you think the only reason Lex showed up to the capitol building at all was to make sure the peach tea was fresh?
>>
>>71573100
>We don't need more tourists here
If you seriously feel that protective of a board on an Indonesian Knitting Website, you probably need to focus on getting laid.

This board--especially in summer-- is full of brainless scumbags trying to outdo one another in le edginess.

It was a good film. Given all the tasks it was set out with doing and the studio demands to start shooting ASAP to catch up with Marvel, it was a great movie that brought Frank Miller's vision of Batman more to life than any other BM film, including the Holan ones.

Why did it get shitty reviews from a media elite (the same people among whom not one foresaw Brexit)? Well, it had way too many CIS White Males in positions of power (I think aliens count as CIS White MAle Scum in case on Supes, sure there is a blog addressing this somewhere).

Also, everyone involved but for the major actors got screwed on money, because CAA and WME both set out the contracts assuming it would easily pass 1 billion total gross.

It didn't, and many people ended up essentially working years for free. And the irony is that it was a great movie, despite Snyder. Goyer went to WGA arbitration to keep his name on there and steal 1/2 the residuals for the use of about 5 lines he wrote.
>>
>>71576951
>"With balls like that, you belong in here"
I bet this line is literally the only reason jewywood critics gave the film bad reviews
>>
>>71572492
even if the movie is bad, it doesn't justify the response it got

usually bad movies we just forget, but this one keeps triggering people, a lot of people equate to "bad"
>>
>>71576951
if terrio is really the golden goose here i'd suggest trying to get that idea spread elsewhere. this isn't the place to get shit to happen
>>
>>71577117
>convince people that terrio is the golden goose
WB has dumped Goyer, he is off directing some low budget film in Germany.
Affleck is now an EP, Terrio has written Justice League part 1 (filming now) and is writing Justice League Part 2.
Affleck kicked out all the pro-Goyer idiots (which many wanted for a while, but he was seen as a "lucky charm" despite being a shit writer. )

Next 2 JL movies will be all Terrio (writing) and Affleck overseeing things, with Snyder doing the visuals. Goyer is gone.
>>
File: disnigga.jpg (103 KB, 800x1036) Image search: [Google]
disnigga.jpg
103 KB, 800x1036
>>71572656
he only saw the theatrical, kiddie-cut
>>
>>71577314
>this isn't the place to get shit to happen
The people at WB are many things, but not stupid. They don't need social media to tell them what aspects didn't work, and who put them in there.

At first, they were trying to let Goyer save face, giving him other projects. Then he insisted on going to WGA and demanding half the money.

Terrio told WB it was either him or Goyer, and now Goyer is gone. We'll now see what a film will look like with Affleck-Terrio-Snyder running things behind the scenes....
>>
>>71577373
The one you tasteless plebeians were calling kino only a few months/weeks ago?
>>
>>71577322
>>71577391
so how much has the reaction to bvs affected justice league? i though you said terrio said fuck it and turned in the dumbed down rewrite to be done with the shit
>>
>>71573306
There was humor, actually.
In fact, BvS features a 3 hour long joke.
>>
>>71577411
>you tasteless plebeian
you act as if the board is one person. HAve no idea how long you've been here, but you should know that when schools let out, is full of kids who have no opinions of their own other than the avg on RT.

Since the film came out, it's always been said that DC movies are for 4chan, Marvel are for leddit types.

We got a gritty, bloody movie where BM brands people who run the sex slave trade to ensure everyone in jail knows who they are.

Yeah, I'd take BM v. SM over "Captain America" any day. First blueray in 4 years I'm actually buying.
>>
>>71575119
>>71573577
>unironically praising Hack Snyder's music video-tier cinematography

It's funny coming to these threads because DCfags pretend they know a thing about cinema, when they just use empty words and have nothing to show for.
The Nolan trilogy and 1989 Batman movie's cinematography is much superior to Snyder's comercial garbage and pointless shots.
>>
>>71577535
So you're a tasteless plebeian
>>
>>71577373
>DCucks are so desperate they pretend the UC changes anything when it's mostly scenes of Clark investigating Gotham

Really sad, but at least the masses are not dumb enough to fall for this.
Hopefully Justice League will bomb harder and we can forget about this dark chapter in DC's and WB's history.
>>
>>71577535
>Since the film came out, it's always been said that DC movies are for 4chan, Marvel are for leddit types.

You mean the 10 DCfags seeking refuge on /tv/, which is probably the worst blue board in this site, and down there with /b/

The fact that this shithole is the only place where BvS gets praised just shows how much of a joke this cheap flick is.
BvS and MoS are basically the equivalent of a dudebro trying to write a poem.
These movies are only worth pirating to laugh at them.
>>
>>71577453
>turned in the dumbed down rewrite to be done with the shit
There will be a somewhat different tone, but it can be fixed because terrio had a year plus to build it from nothing and wasn't working around Goyer retardation that Snyder didn't want changed.

Bm v. SM was always going to have a dark tone, simply bc Goyer originally wrote it as MOS 2 and the WB Executives and their genius "no joke" rule are now gone.

With Affleck as EP and terrio working on his own/with affleck on script, it will be good. Just hope "Suicide Squad" doesn't fuck up the entire gig to where it's FUBARed.
>>
>>71572749
The Flash
Speed force
Not a dream
>>
>>71577373
So?
DCuckies are such drones they defended even the theatrical cut.

The DCEU is the current laughing stock of this industry and for good reason.
>>
>>71574628
>Theatrical was a 6/10, Ultimate is a solid 8.

According to absolutely no one.
This flick is a disgrace, just like all cheap capeshit flicks, really.

It's a legitimately boring movie about two ''adults'' dressing like retards and spouting nonsense.
Even the title of the flick is a joke.
>Batman v Superman
What the fuck? Who the hell thought this was a good title?
>>
>>71577567
>tasteless plebeian
and clearly you have only the Dardenne Brothers' films in your blueray collection and sip wine and eat cheese while discussing them in French, correct?
>>
>>71577750
You unironically watch capeshit, you are already a subhuman.
I bet I could amuse you by shaking some keys in front of you.
>>
>>71573577

extended version was shit too. wonder woman cant speak english. jesse eisenberg was cringe inducing. The cgi rock monster in the last half hour was completely out of place, they just tossed the batman v superman plot out the windows with that terrible "muh mom" moment. After that it was just an extended trailer for the fucking justice league movie. the rest of the dc winks like aquaman and the flash were cringe inducing was well
>>
>>71577750
Whats wrong? Does calling you a tasteless plebeian make you insecure?
>>
>>71577373

thinking the extended cut fixes the awful writing is a meme. every decision made regarding this movie was a mistake except casting affleck
>>
>>71572492
Because it's fucking boring.
Even the UC is 2 and a half hours of build up to a 5 minute fight, that gets sidelined because their mothers are called the same and suddenly the cavetroll from LOTR appears.

People talk a lot about bribing, but it feels like the only one who was bribed was Snyder.
The movie is such a magnificent clusterfuck.
>>
>>71577697
theres nothing to suggest its not a dream except your wish for the movie to not be poorly made
just accept that flash has xmen mind powers now
>>
>>71577770
>You unironically watch capeshi
You sit, belly hanging over your acer computer, and spit out memes about subjects you don't understand.
"Capeshit." Nolan is without question the most original, ambitious filmmaker of his generation.
But wow, you just spit out a hackneyed, shopworn meme so you have sure shut me up.
>>
>>71577827

i agree with this. affleck was the bomb as batman tho
>>
>>71577813
>make you insecure?
yes. I'm made insecure by a drooling mongoloid in a trailer park on an anonymous message board who is using the hand he isn't typing with to rub WD-40 on his dick, real hard.

Tell everyone your exquisite taste in films. I'm a pleb. I watch nascar, a drive a 4x4, every sunday I dress up in an american football jersey bearing name of my favorite simian. You got me.
Let's hear you taste now...
>>
>>71577735
>According to absolutely no one.
not even true

all the comic book nerds on line have changed their tune

i get this is fun for you but that's not accurate at all
>>
>>71577693
alright, as long as TERRIO gets to shine through and through i'm down for it
>>
>>71577866
K.
>>
File: Hush.jpg (38 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
Hush.jpg
38 KB, 600x315
Snyder knew this hate was coming from his movie that challenged traditional Superhero film formulas and took it into a bold new direction.

He knew people wouldn't understand it.

Which is why he had the emotional scene with Clark and Martha where Martha says, "people HATE what they don't understand."

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

Snyder broke the 4th wall in a completely new way. Can he even be stopped at this point?!
>>
depressing when people can't keep up any sort of good stream of banter. They insult, you give one back and they have nothing else. yawn.
>>
reminder batman and dc gave us baneposting
meanwhile shit like guardian of the galaxy give us LE DANCE OFF BRAH
dc always win, ALWAYS
>>
>>71578111
>He knew people wouldn't understand it.
It came right at a time when "African-Americans" were screaming that they weren't in enough movies (call me crazy, they are 14% of US population and seem to be on Tv each time I turn it on).

A movie with 2 straight, White males as the stars, who are saving the world? Right after all that "Oscars So White" bullshit? I can tell you this-- next year, 50%+ of all nominees will be black (save for things like editing, which is hard work that doesn't bring a lot of perks compared to acting/directing).

The film "Race" will win Best Picture, unless another picture about MLK or Kunta Kinte comes out before then.

I loved all the yelping that "beasts of no nation" was not nominated from the usual suspects, who apparently don't "get" how distribution works and where they're oversized paychecks come from.
After Feb 2017, the OScars is going to be an AA joke. The only black actor who jumps out at me as deserving in last 10 years was Forrest Whitaker as "Last King of Scotland," and he got it.
Can we start a protest "NBAFinalsSoBlack?"
>>
>>71578174
>reminder batman and dc gave us baneposting
How new are you? BANEPOSTING was to make sure the cancerous praisers of TDKR knew that movie was trash

Fucking newshit
>>
>>71578301

...y-

.... you're in the entirely wrong thread
>>
>>71578357
>BANEPOSTING was to make sure the cancerous praisers of TDKR knew that movie was trash

This is interesting.

TDKR was an amazing movie, although it was only about 5 minutes long, it was an example of kinomatography never seen before.

Can someone explain why Nolan felt the need to have an hour and half long post-credits scene?
>>
Here's an idea- from now on, can every movie just take a random black person and have him stand in the bottom corner of the frame (no matter what the scene is), and then give him/her an Oscar each year?

Would that make them happy? And men like Forrest Whitaker are just as guilty for not putting out a statement telling them to shut up and go work and, if they have stories featuring blacks, figure out how to tell them themselves.

I don't think Whitey was responsible for destroying the Sub-Saharan film industry, since they had no written language or wheel when Whites arrived there.
>>
>>71578389
>you're in the entirely wrong thread
am in exactly right thread. The "Critics" gave Bm v SM the reviews they did bc of the timing and the "OscarsSo White" bullshit.

That cost the film hundreds of millions of dollars. Would you want to be one of those "critics" getting hundreds of abusive tweets for praising a movie that "furthers stereotypes about White exceptionalism..." etc...
>>
Capekino
http://vmashup.com/ONk4QdzT
>>
>>71578431
that should be a scene in a movie, some showcase of why this desire for inclusion is patronizing and doesn't actually fix anything for the vast majority of people who are in no way benefited by the entertainment industry
>>
>>71578481

Leonardo DiCaprio didn't get an Oscar until very recently despite his long list of amazing films.

Smash the diversity controlled Hollywood!
>>
>>71572606
>I like marvel too
How has the whole thread gone and no one has mentioned this. BvS sucked ass. So does Marvel. You have unbelievably shit taste
>>
>>71578630
DC is more down to earth, emotional and political.

Marvel is more pleasing to the eye, surreal and has a lot more humor.

I like both, it's entirely possible to like both, fuck off.
>>
>>71578604
>Leonardo DiCaprio didn't get an Oscar until very recently
BC he had (still has) a reputation as a whoremonger who sits in clubs and picks females like he was picking cattle for an orgy.

I think it was literally the day after Oscar votes were in, he dumped the Gf he had kept during the process. People(at least the older academy members) think about such things and don't like it.
Now that they've turned the entire process upside down, will be kicking people out after 10 years if they didn't actually win, who knows mate.
But they're turning the Oscars into the BET awards based on the words of "Spike Lee--" an awful "filmmaker" who put forth the thesis on HBO that Whites in New Orleans purposely blew the levees to flood black areas.

THAT is the man who got the OScars to change their entire format, and got this entire discussion of non-existent "discrimination" going and cost BM v. SM money with crap reviews.

My Dr. knows I work in movies, and he was telling me about some drama TV show where a black cop is telling his father that a white cop called him "the N word" and that he punched him, but said "I wish I had stabbed him in the neck."

Old guy, asked me: "Is this what they are teaching now? You literally kill someone if they call you a name you don't like?"

Apparently, it is.
>>
>>71578481
So now you are blaming BvS being a shitty movie on black people??
>>
>>71578301
the oscars and BvS have nothing to do with each other.
>>
>>71578902
holy shit, how fucked in the head are you?
>>
>>71578935
You are not following the logic. In the run up to the Oscars, it began a big debate that "movies were too White."

And, guess what happened to be the first big blockbuster up to be reviewed a few weeks after all the Oscar bullshit? A film with 2 White heroes, and Fishbourne as only black.

Do you honestly think that didn't play into the movie getting incredibly shitty reviews?
>>
>>71578902

This is what happens when /pol/ gets drunk and visits /tv/

A Batman v Superman thread somehow gets turned into a race issue, when Marvel movies have just as little diversity, and the upcoming Suicide Squad has two main(ish) black characters

None of the complaints were about race, either. The Theatrical release was a fucking disaster, and the ultimate cut solved all the problems. They gutted the movie for theatres. As much as I love DC, I have to agree there.
>>
>>71578902
really makes you think
>>
>>71579001
not one bit. The movie being shit did.
>>
>>71578902
i-is this the new pasta that im not aware of?
>>
>>71578965
>how fucked in the head
You are either stupid or willfully ignorant. After months of trashing movies as "too White," are you honestly going to pretend that it wasn't in the back of "critics" heads as they wrote their reviews that there was no black "star?"
Lol, the film was re-edited to try to give Fishbourne more lines to prevent any more blowback. This is how the real world works sweetie. Don't ever go into the media.
>>
>>71579001
no one was arguing that movies were too white, they were arguing that movies selected by the academy were too white. BvS has nothing to do with that because it would never be selected for an oscar and it's not associated with the oscars. It got bad reviews because it's a shit movie. It didn't make as much money as people expected it to because it was shit. Considering it was a march release, it did well enough. oscarssowhite had no affect on it.
>>
>>71579114
jesus, that tinfoil hat must be on tight.
>>
File: 1388087577218.gif (971 KB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
1388087577218.gif
971 KB, 500x490
>>71579155
but he seems like a nice guy, he called you sweetie
>>
>>71579021
>This is what happens when /pol/ gets drunk and visits /tv/
lmao, of course, anyone who presents a coherent argument I don't agree with must be a Nazi!
Do you believe--yes or no-- that the huge movement about movies being "too White," including an entire Oscar monologue dedicated to this, did not impact the tone of Hollywood culture, as they raced to change who makes up the academy and apologize for being too White?

Do an exercise--I know, I'm a Nazi as you've said, but go look up any "Black Movie" from the past year and find one under 95%. you won't.

Now pretend that "critics" didn't have that as the backdrop in their head as they reviewed a movie about 2 straight, white males.
Not sure if you're stupid or just caught up in denial.
>>
I had no desire to see it, but my friends were seeing it and invited me to go along. I'm going to be quite honest, this movie held my attention for the most part and made me actually understand Batman's dilemma. I thought in this film that I would hate Batman and be rooting for Superman, but as the film progressed, I was the other way around.

However, this film was overstuffed. They focused so hard on developing a universe with Batman's nightmare's and visions and moments that are pure "wtf was that? maybe they'll explain it in another film" that it just drags it down. Also, Batman branding criminals? I feel that's a bit too dark now for the character.

The fight was pretty awesome, even though it could've easily been avoided if Superman just explained his situation to Batman.... Also, Superman could've just listened for his mom's voice and fly there at supersonic speed and rescue her. I mean, it worked when Lois Lane was in trouble so why not Martha?

Oh, Speaking of Martha, that was a shitty and laughable way to end a fight. I was laughing so hard in the theater along with my friends. Basically, they stopped fighting because Batman realized that his mother has the same name as Superman's mother? C'mon, there must've been a better way to end the fight.

Jessie Eisenberg was a COMPLETE miscast for Lex Luthor. I tried to give him a chance and see if he could possibly do his own thing, maybe just like how Heath Ledger transformed the Joker. In the end, Eisenberg was annoying. Superman could've squashed him like an insect and the film could've been over.

The last 30 minutes with that ugly monster Doomsday was where the film just dragged. Although, Wonder Woman was cool to see.

I feel like this movie could've been a lot better if they didn't overstuff it with hints at Justice League and random moments. It's honestly laughable when you think about the movie as a whole. 4/10
>>
>>71579244

Considering, like I said, Marvel movies literally have one single token black character who never receives any actual, deep attention (and are met with amazing reviews) - no, you're fucking stupid
>>
File: 1462943006244.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1462943006244.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>71579244
>the reason BvS got bad reviews is because critics are just biased against white people!

We're getting into levels of delusion not previously seen before
>>
>>71579131
>hey were arguing that movies selected by the academy were too white.
I work in a production company. I always love being told how my business works by people who have watched movies.

I imagine it's how an exclusive chef would feel if a fat slob began telling him how to cook.

Go back and look at Variety and the other trades for the weeks after the Oscars. Then tell me with a straight face it had no impact on how the film was reviewed.
The highest echelons of hollywood are very, very conscious of "civil rights" as they like to see themselves as being in "the vanguard" of such things.

Would it have gotten a ...95% on RT? No. 70%-75% without the "OscarsSoWhite" bullshit by a c-level actress (jada pinkett) and Spike Lee, whose movies are all parody.
Excuse me, I have a cross to burn. As you know, anyone who dares to point out a sequence of events that gives a realistic assessment of a situation is a "Nazi." sieg heil.
>>
>>71579446
>I work in a production company.
lol, and you think that means anything? The movie made almost a billion dollars. It got bad reviews because it deserved them. 70-75%? you're retarded. I thought DCucks were retarded but this is an entirely new level.
>>
>>71579335
>Marvel movies literally have one single token black character
It was the TIMING, genius. The reviewer screenings were done literally 2 weeks after all that bullshit.
I'm being called a "nazi" here and "tinfoil hat--" I guess it's better you remain as stupid as some of you seem.

2 weeks after Hollywood has its worst identity crisis ever, people are honestly going to pretend that this had no impact on how a movie with 2 straight, White males as the heroes was reviewed?

Sure. You clearly understand how the industry works.
>>
>>71579535
Oh, there was an end date on that crisis. When was it exactly? Did marvel plan that out? Was oprah involved?
>>
>>71579535
how did deadpool survive it?
>>
>>71579244
all of that is true except the about batman v superman. the movie didnt flop because it was two white men. White cast movies from this year have done well critically, like all the marvel movies. b v s really was pretty shit for the most part
>>
>>71578426
For you
>>
UC would have probably gotten between a 55-65% on RT

The quality is excellent, but the tone is too divisive for mainstream critics
>>
>>71577391
>The people at WB are many things, but not stupid.

>"Hey Snyder, I know you've made maybe one or two good movies in here life."
>"So we're putting you in charge of the one of the biggest potential cash-cow movie franchises we'll ever have."
>>
File: 1467202401635.jpg (9 KB, 262x206) Image search: [Google]
1467202401635.jpg
9 KB, 262x206
>DCucks are now literally claiming it's a conspiracy and that all of Hollywood has it out for them because they called BvS a piece of shit
>>
>>71577693
>Just hope "Suicide Squad" doesn't fuck up the entire gig to where it's FUBARed.

Honestly, if Suicide Squad bombs, Justice League is going to have to pull in Avengers 1 level box office for the whole thing to not get shut down.
>>
>>71573848
this
snyder's style is pure videogame tier, looks immature and artificial
>>
>>71579921
Nigger, Man of Steel and BvS have some of the most gorgeous cinematography of any blockbuster and prioritze natural earthy tones and colors. It looks fabulously real, and there's a nice grit thanks to the grain as well.
>>
>>71572492
I liked the long build-up but the finale was sub-par. Furthermore, trying to be deep and pretentious with capeshit is just silly. it's like trying to make cuisine with boiled potatoes. No matter how nice you cut it, it's boiled potatoes. Capeshit is inherently juvenille and so are its concepts.

That's ingoring Lex "What's my motivation for this again?" Luthor and Batman who gets played like a fourth grader.
>>
>>71577662
is a good laugh tho
>>
>>71579958
You're right. There's nothing more natural than 99% of the screen being CG vomit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta9To-tNEPo
>>
>>71579895
Don't forget that black people as a whole are involved too.
>>
>>71572492
I didn't hate it, the performances are generally good, there are some cool visuals, and I'm excited for the Batfleck solo movie, but there's just so much there that doesn't make any fucking sense.

-Why does the military launch the nuke, rather than simply allowing Superman to do what he was doing and continue punching Doomsday up into space?
-What was the point of Lex's bombing, when no one even blames it on Superman?
-Why doesn't Supes take more time to try and reason with Batman and explain the situation? He tries for about 20 seconds then decides "ok, guess I'll fly you through a building".
-Why is Lex creating Doomsday, while simultaneously manipulating Batman into killing Superman? Aren't those two plans sorta redundant? Would have made some sense if he began creating Doomsday only -after- Bats and Supes fight.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 582x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 582x539
EVERY FUCKING DAY THIS THREAD
>>
>>71579958
>natural earthy tones and colors

Last time I checked, nature wasn't desaturated to hell and back
>>
REKT
>>
>>71572492
Your pathetic kino failed.
only you autists try to make something of this mess.
please watch a good film instead of jerking off to the hack Snyder and the hack Terrio.
>>
>>71580026
5 bucks says the JUST poster is a BvSfag too.
>>
>>71579895
do you think BvS receiving 30% while thor and hulk movies score literally double that is justified?
>>
>>71580077
BRUTAL
>>
>>71580155
yes. BvS attempted something and it was a huge massive failure. Thor and hulk didn't try to be anything they weren't.
>>
>>71580155
Both Hulk movies and the first Thor are actually decent. Thor 2 was shit, about as shit as BvS.
>>
File: 1467271097007.jpg (81 KB, 1085x960) Image search: [Google]
1467271097007.jpg
81 KB, 1085x960
>>71580077
>using anything Memepool related to show superiority
>showing the world you're a retarded millennial who doesn't have the intelligence to appreciate the masterpiece that is Batman v Superman
>>
BvS is rubbush.

If you reply you are rubbish.
>>
File: 1459205142398.jpg (193 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459205142398.jpg
193 KB, 1280x720
>>71580265
no u
>>
>>71580317
>CM--A
what did he mean by this
>>
File: 1467494120347s.jpg (3 KB, 125x68) Image search: [Google]
1467494120347s.jpg
3 KB, 125x68
>>71580265
>rubbush
>britbong confirmed
Opinion officially invalid
>>
>>71580380
>125x68

fucking dumbass
>>
>>71580380
>125x68
Go back to twitter
>>
>>71580380
Nice thumbnail fag
>>
File: 1465079343747.gif (475 KB, 206x196) Image search: [Google]
1465079343747.gif
475 KB, 206x196
>>71580438
>>71580501
>Getting this mad
Good, good... Let the autism flow through you
>>
File: 1324923928847.png (335 KB, 673x601) Image search: [Google]
1324923928847.png
335 KB, 673x601
>>71580026
lmao
calm down Feige
It's not our fault BvS love is spreading, no matter how much hate and damage control you make
>>
File: 1463445468364.jpg (106 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
1463445468364.jpg
106 KB, 800x820
>>71580438
>>71580501
>>71580531
>falling this hard for b8
It's time to go back
>>
>>71579992

>even the rain in movies is cg now

god its fucking depressing. Watch a a 60s epic like the longest day and look at the massive scale, technical mastery and incredible choreography. Making great movies requires passion and a lot of hard fucking work. todays "epic" movies are done entirely on a small sound stage. disgusting
>>
>>71580077
>"They'll keep rebooting the same idea over and over again until they get it right"
>Spider-man
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 436x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 436x228
>>71580599
>I WAS PRETENDING
>>
File: 1467121885157.jpg (1014 KB, 1500x3000) Image search: [Google]
1467121885157.jpg
1014 KB, 1500x3000
I dont think Disney is the problem, its just bandwagoners. It snowballed into a giant memefest. Is everyone saying BvS is shittier than "Dont mess with the Zohan"?

No, they just want to be apart of maling the score lower.
>>
>>71581126
it's not fair to compare it to zohan though. There are expectations that come with certain characters, and BvS really only got batman right. Throw in some shoehorned EU development and you got a turd worthy of a shit score.
>>
>>71572492
>I finally watched BvS and liked it, why do people hate it?
How the hell has this exact same thread been made every single day since the movie came out?
>>
File: 1467122016697.jpg (1008 KB, 1500x3000) Image search: [Google]
1467122016697.jpg
1008 KB, 1500x3000
>>71581163
Well, even if there is different expectations, the rating still remains. It means the entire movie, all combined elements, is shittier than an adam sandler movie. That is just fucking wrong. The cinematography in BvS was great, the action was too.

The movie isnt perfect, but it isnt shit, it doesn't deserve 27% percent, Id say a 60%-70%.
>>
>>71581341
>, but it isnt shit
but it is. For a movie starring superman and batman, it is complete shit.
>>
>>71581341
>>71581436
Why did WB not give Singer another chance? He clearly knows Superman more than Snyder does and actually made a good movie with the character. Snyder had 2 attempts and failed with both.
>>
>>71581341
I already deleted the movie, but I think there was an Excalibur reference in the scene where Bruce's parents get killed, when they walk out of that theater
>>
File: 1467121950720.jpg (1 MB, 1500x3000) Image search: [Google]
1467121950720.jpg
1 MB, 1500x3000
>>71581486
Kid diddler and xmen
>>
In the scene where Doomsday about the fry Batman, if you pause at the frame when Wonder Woman jumped down, you can see Batman's not in the seat.
Where did he go? The Flash grabbed him?
>>
>>71581533

Excalibur was the next attraction when they walk out of Zorro, old news.
>>
>>71581341
>is shittier than an adam sandler movie
that's the thing, people expect an adam sandler movie to be shit. A batman and superman movie have everything going for it just because it's fucking batman AND superman in one movie. There's a lot of weight to that so when it fails to be a good movie, those huge expectations result in disappointment and appropriate reviews.
>>
Good film. Definitive pleb filter.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.