[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Japan remakes a Shakespeare story with all-Japanese cast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1458793336333.jpg (7 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
1458793336333.jpg
7 KB, 225x224
>Japan remakes a Shakespeare story with all-Japanese cast
no one care

>Japan remakes Murder on the Orient Express with all-Japanese cast
no one cares

So why does everyone on /tv/ get triggered when America remakes/adapts a Japanese film/show with black and white actors?
>>
>>71528875
People were mad about GitS because they still wanted the main lead to have a Japanese name, to live in Japan, essentially be Japanese but still be played by a white American, to the point that they tried to make ScarJo 'look more asian' with CGI. That's just gymnastics and dysphoria, it's a shitty way to go about things and Asian-Americans –rightly so– called the studio out on it.

Throne of Blood, Kurosawa's Macbeth, took the story but transported it to feudal Japan. Toshiro Mifune wasn't a magical Japanese man swinging a katana around the highlands of Scotland. It was a retelling as much as it was a remake and it made sense.

There's a difference.
>>
>>71528875
>everyone on /tv/
SJW plebbit tourists are am minoirty, not "everyone."
>>
>>71529118
Changing the name of the character would trigger people too

It's a futuristic Japan too so that's fine
>>
>>71528875
I don't usually give a shit about racebending but
>An all japanese cast in Japan would be the same as an all white cast in America
>>
File: 1464684028643.jpg (13 KB, 540x489) Image search: [Google]
1464684028643.jpg
13 KB, 540x489
>>71528875
Because japan has tatse and tact and is making them nevause they love them.

America is doing it for shock value, with less than a quarter of the budget going to writing/casting its all marketing and shock value.

Why doesnt the black community spend its own money all black productipns of shalespeare? Because the media has an agenda, they want to cause controversey when if its a talented authentic reproductipn it would cause no controversey at all.

Also because the media is afraid to fail. Even good shows get cancelled and pannned, they have built in insuramce by claiming racism/sexism was the cause.
>>
File: 1437102301482.jpg (44 KB, 476x476) Image search: [Google]
1437102301482.jpg
44 KB, 476x476
>>71529252
>Because japan has tatse and tact and is making them nevause they love them.
>>
>>71529252
>Why doesnt the black community spend its own money all black productipns of shalespeare? Because the media has an agenda, they want to cause controversey when if its a talented authentic reproductipn it would cause no controversey at all.
There is no controversy

Only basement dwelling /pol/tards care about actors race
>>
>>71528875
japanese film for a japanese market,
>>
>>71528875
because white people are the devil
>>
Because I don't like niggers.
>>
Because literally no one gives a shit about Japanese movies not made by Kurosawa
>>
>>71528875
I can't realistically believe that a black man can be as brilliant as l let alone have his mannerisms, not even with the usual suspension of disbelief.
Call it whatever you want, be it too much or too little exposure to black people but I would have been ok with him playing any other characters other than l and light
>>
>>71530441
The people who complain about American films are Americans
>>
>>71530683
>I can't realistically believe that a black man can be as brilliant as l let alone have his mannerisms
literal racism
>>
>>71530441
He was literally talking about Kurosawa in the OP you dunce
>>
>>71530733
Yes and?
>>
>>71530733
If you admit racism is not a conscious choice then yes
You can't judge a person on something he doesn't choose to feel
>>
I'll be honest about this.

I consider anyone who's not white and of mixed ethnicity to be subhuman and should be subject to either termination or sterilization, at the very least.
>>
>>71529172
/thread
>>
File: kawaii as fuck.jpg (35 KB, 486x597) Image search: [Google]
kawaii as fuck.jpg
35 KB, 486x597
>>71528875
>So why does everyone on /tv/ get triggered
>everyone
My jimmies aren't even rustled.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.