[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh wow, this was pretty bad. The juxtaposition of Batman and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: BvS.jpg (159 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
BvS.jpg
159 KB, 950x534
Oh wow, this was pretty bad.

The juxtaposition of Batman and Superman, which is the central crux of the film's drama, is extremely poor. As Lex puts it, it's supposed to be "Day vs. Night," "Black vs. Blue," but since these representations of Batman and Superman follow more or less the same philosophy, i.e. stop evildoers and kill them if necessary, it becomes "Dusk vs. Twilight" and "Black vs. Slightly Darker Black."

That fight, advertised in the title, while entertainingly choreographed, is revealed to be a sham. Whereas in Captain America: Civil War, Cap and Iron Man fight because they have a fundamental disagreement that they cannot resolve except through violence, Batman and Superman fight because they are tricked and blackmailed respectively and the fight is resolved thanks to an extremely massive coincidence, meaning that their long awaited duel set up for the entire first half of the movie carries no real emotional weight.
>>
>>71523850

That coincidence is also incredibly contrived. Yes, I understand that "Martha" made Bruce remember his own humanity, but it doesn't change the fact that Superman wouldn't normally call his mother anything but "mom" or "mother" or "ma." Hell, his parents are known as Ma and Pa Kent. It also doesn't change Batman's argument that Superman must be killed if there's even a 1% chance of him rebelling. I would have had way more respect for the movie if Batman heard that and said "Well, I'm sorry about your mother, but I will save her and you're still too dangerous to live." Instead, Batman simply promises to save Martha and Superman gives him a knowing look that can only say, "I trust you, guy who was about to stab me to death 30 seconds ago."

Lois Lane is of course the one who delivers the context for Martha, but her plot is completely superfluous to the film. Lex uses special bullets that are traceable back to him even though regular bullets would have made his subterfuge completely untraceable solely so that Lois can figure out that he is evil. But her plot doesn't matter as Superman discovers Lex's treachery independently. Then after the fight with Batman, Lois takes the kryptonite spear, throws it away so no one can stab her boyfriend to death unless they're an above average swimmer, then inexplicably goes back to get it because the script and nothing else tell her that Doomsday has appeared and is weak to the spear.
>>
>>71523904

The whole of the Doomsday fight is poor as well. Wonder Woman finds her way there because reasons and the movie stops being Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and starts being Superman & Wonder Woman v. Doomsday: Batman Is Also There Too Guys. With the constant reminders that the areas they're around are uninhabited and Batman deliberately leading Doomsday to Gotham, the city that he supposedly loves more than anything, and Doomsday's complete non-character status, it becomes clear that Zack Snyder simply thought a superhero movie has to end with a huge apocalyptic threat that has no real emotional weight.

Wonder Woman gets sad at Superman's death despite not having talked to him for more than a single exchange of dialogue and Batman says "I failed him," even though they've only known each other for about a week. The two of them decide to team up despite Wonder Woman's claim that the world man made hates teamups, even though contextually since the time she departed man's world we founded the League of Nations and then decided even that wasn't good enough so we made the United Nations. Martha tells Lois Clark wanted to propose to her even though that's not set up anywhere in the film just so that you can have an extra layer of cheap sadness. Let's not forget that even Spider-Man 3 took time setting up a failed proposal. Of course, because you can't even pretend that the plot had real consequences, Superman is revealed to be alive, presumably three days after his death so that we could get that extra juicy hamfisted Christ metaphor squeezed in there.

These are larger points but there's so much more to take apart in this movie. The editing, the prophecy/time travel/dream sequence, the Justice League's intros, and more can be broken down easily to show why they're bad, but you get the gist. This movie wears the trappings of maturity without ever actually becoming mature.
>>
>>71523850
>Whereas in Captain America: Civil War, Cap and Iron Man fight because they have a fundamental disagreement that they cannot resolve except through violence
so fucking stupid. tony changes his mind and goes to help cap in siberia, the only reason there is violence at the end is because muh bucky and muh revenge, there is no meaningful disagreement, and cap sends tony a love letter at the end letting him know he'll always be there for him.

pretty much everything in that pasta is written by some autistic retard incapable of understanding even the most basic concepts.
>>
File: MarvelFaggots.png (749 KB, 768x1029) Image search: [Google]
MarvelFaggots.png
749 KB, 768x1029
This you?
>>
>>71524022
except Cap and Tony do have an ideological disagreement, you mong. did you even watch the movie? regardless of how you thought it was executed, it the difference was there.

nice job refuting his points, you insecure retard
>>
File: 1466782484913.jpg (85 KB, 1398x799) Image search: [Google]
1466782484913.jpg
85 KB, 1398x799
>in Civil War they fought because the bad guy wore a buck mask to bomb some place and conveniently discovered 5 seconds after their fight ended

>in Batman v Superman they fought because Batman's used to the cynical world of the psychopaths in Gotham, he has lost essentially lost faith in humanity. While Superman sees the world in very black and white morality and thinks Batman's way of dealing with criminal's out of the line. They were fueled by Lex who thinks God must be either unfair or powerless, as spoken in his speech in the library party.
>>
>>71524053
>banquo
>tall muscular black man who gives white women the bbc on the reg

>DCucks
>fat autistic virgin teenagers who are completely incapable of mounting an actual defense of the movie

lmao
>>
>>71524111
tony violates the accords to go help cap in siberia you fucking retard, try paying attention.

tony fucking changes his mind and the ideological conflict is completely gone in the second half, and the fight only happens because muh revenge.

marvelfags incapable of understanding their own movies.
>>
>>71523938
>Zack Snyder simply thought a superhero movie has to end with a huge apocalyptic threat that has no real emotional weight.
>Superman dying
>no emotional weight
>Batman finding his faith again
>no emotional weight
>muh cap muh tony
kill yourself
>>
>>71524135
MCUcks BTFO
>>
27% Never forget.
>>
>>71524135
>Civil War they fought because the bad guy wore a buck mask to bomb some place and conveniently discovered 5 seconds after their fight ended
Holy shit is this real?
Jesus Marvel's fucked.
No wonder their comics getting shit on so hard
>>
>>71524053
Is this you?
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/%20MarvelFaggots/image/0lDi4ZPQ7-kMrLU1vBfm5g/

make sure you change your style of posting after you change the filenumber too
>>
>>71524256
You're like the annoying girl in the group that keeps insisting titanic was a good movie because it won lots of oscars.
>>
>>71524135
>in CW Cap and Iron Man fight because they have legitimate ideological differences that have been formed over the course of many movies

>in BvS Batman and Superman are barely different in any significant way and fight only because that's what people want to see
>>
>>71524277

>replying to your own post

Faggot.
>>
>>71524375

What are you top 10 films of all time? Considering your post you should have one and should have excellent non entry level trash taste.

Don't try and pretend you don't have one either you coward pleb
>>
>>71524383
actually they fight because muh bucky and muh revenge. the ideological conflict is over superficial at best and is over with by half-way through the film during the masterbatory airport scene where they quip quip quip with each other about how they're all still friends.
>>
File: 123123123.jpg (13 KB, 558x36) Image search: [Google]
123123123.jpg
13 KB, 558x36
>>71524388
>marvel cucks are legitimately retarded
Not surprised at all.
>>
>Lex designed and created the superhero logos they would later use

Are they going to thank him?
>>
>>71524215
first of all, that's not the only fight between the two of them. there are various forms of antagonism between the two throughout the movie.

second, Tony didn't completely change his mind. he just decided that helping Cap in this case was more important than the politics. they don't indicate that Tony has now gone back to believing that superheroes should be completely unsupervised, in the end they show them going back to having a rivalry.
>>
>>71524235
read the rest of the post

>Superman dying
>only to be resurrected 3 days later

>Batman finding his faith again
>due to some alien that, for most of the time Batman had known him, he hated and almost killed
>''durr i failed him''

they barely even talked to each other.
>>
>>71524408
BvS
Only God Forgives
Bad Boys
Man of Steel
Sucker Punch
Please Shit on My Face Because I'm Retarded 2
Tokyo Story
Watchmen
Blackhat
kill me
>>
>>71524135
The plot in Civil War's really forced
>>
>>71524317
kek i can taste the salt in his posts
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.