[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Night Of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
This shit is like watching a nightmare form itself holy shit it's amazing
>>
I really liked it. The way it is shot and the dialogue is great.

I love how the evidence screams "he's guilty" and now they have to clear his name while simultaneously finding out what the hell happened
>>
>>71474487
I loved the taxi sequence when he decides to ride around with the girl. So atmospheric and well acted, and well directed. You knew she was a damsel in distress straight from the get go and that things would only get worse and worse.

Oh and the song playing at the house, when it progresses and they get higher and higher and lyrics tell the story, that was so fucking good man. Nothign revolutionary, yes, but so fucking well performed storytelling.
>>
>>71474525
I have a bunch of HBO addicted friends so I'm trying to sell The Night Of (fuck know why I need to, I guess I want to discuss with people.. you're my only real friends, /tv/...)

ANYWAY I told them the show is like a lovechild between True Detective and The Wire. You get both a gritty murder mystery with the unfiltered law drama dialogue (minus the occult of TD and drug dealing gangs of the wire). Would you agree?

Also, who do you think got her? While I don’t think it was that one black man that gave the prolonged stare at the two of them as they entered their apartment, he definitely alerted someone to her whereabouts. As she gets in the cab you get the vibe she knows she’s going to die that night. Someone was after her.
>>
>>71474887
TD? The Wire? Nah hell nah, there ain't bit of TD or The Wire in it.

This is a soft remake of a BBC show from mid 00s, before TD and probably has nothing to do with the Wire.

Well executed storytelling so far, both visual and non-visual (dialogue etc.).

What I think about her? She was a doomed character from the get-go. There was no way she was going to survive the night. I think she was ready to kill herself that night at the river had she not met Naz that night.

Good fucking stuff from the crew
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
SHILLING
>>
THREADS
>>
>>71475105
I'm trying to sell the show to normies, so those references are they best I could come up with. You get a both a murder mystery and legal drama two-in-one.

I was having a panic attack when he was in the back of the cop car. Shit was cash.

What would you have done if you flicked on that light and your qt is stabbed to death?
>>
How the fuck have you seen it already?
>>
>>71475611
The pilot is already on HBO, faggot
>>
rubber dinghy rapids bro
>>
>The part where they searched while the detective goes through the crime scene and the 2nd witness

This was so well crafted tension through and through.
>>
>>71476422
searched* Naz.
>>
shill thread, move on
>>
>>71476572
Yeah it's not a thread about Game of Shit or Marvel, so something has to be wrong.
>>
Who the fuck cares about watching this show when the end of it is so clear, it's either that indian dude or Bodies black friend.
>>
>>71476688
So the last plot twist is the only thing of importance to you? Not how it is directed, written, how its cinematography is, how well the actors perform?

Must suck a lot of enjoyment out of films and shows.
>>
>>71476688
It's not an agathie christie murder mystery, it's just an incredibly well crafted police procedural. The first episode was stunning. It absolutely has time to fall apart with a lackluster story, but so far it is 9/10. It's pretty cool how it has no pretensions and is basically just a law and order episode, except brilliant.
>>
They broke the chain of evidence? How can they use the evidence now?

Does that 'Voucher' thing allow breaking it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.