[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phil Hendrie Show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: phil hendrie 2.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
phil hendrie 2.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
I don't know where to post this but does anyone listen to Phil Hendrie? First time I listened to him, I had no idea what the fuck was going on. I didn't know it was satire.

This man is a fucking genius.
>>
Here's a link to a bit he did https://youtu.be/jRZdFLlpfZU
>>
bump for a genius
>>
>>71452700
h-holy shit..

PHIL Hendrie posting on /tv/?

He'd lose his shit if he knew someone discussed his show here.

>I first discovered Phil at the age of ten in 2000 when flipping through the AM dial one night
>we had a boombox next to my spare bedroom bed
>found this bit about people discussing the confederate flag in south carolina and it being over the state legislature building
>phil keeps getting "cranked" by callers saying "BOBBABOOEYBOBBABOOEY!" or "YOUR SHOW SUCKS!" and then they hang up on him
>Bud DIckman comes in and tells him to be a man and snap out of it
>Phil's sobbing

Literally thought I just came across some random show where the host got completely fucked over by callers.

Next night, Steve Bosell is on talking about having to get a salve for some 5 alarm chili at a cook off. Started to realize he sounded a little like Phil.

I'm a Hendrie fan through and through. listen to the podcast every single day.
>>
>>71453333
Quads confirm it.

Also, while I can't stand Phil's unapologetic and at times brain dead politico-societo-racial rants, he truly is a fucking genius.

Just today on my drive home I was listening to that Pete Bone guy he's been doing. Not a huge fan but some times the laughs are there.

Gene Gabell on the way to work, though, was fuckin' hilarious.
>>
>>71452700
I haven't listened since the late 90's. It's pretty amusing for the first few weeks and gets old quick.
>>
>Marc Maron

Nah, nigga, nah
>>
>>71453338
I used to listen to him back when I was in 8th grade every night. This was back in 2008. Honestly I had no idea it was satire until 3-4 weeks in when I started recognizing the same voices. I honestly thought "this is the United States and he is a magnet for morons"

My interest dropped because I went into high school and my sleep schedule changed. Didn't know he had a podcast until I googled him randomly today. I'm going to start listening again.

Also, why would he lose his shit? Does he have a bad history with 4chan or something?
>>
>>71453553
Nothing to do with 4chan, it had to do with the official fan forum and some guy stalking him, not physically, but he knew where Phil lived and I think started getting too close and Phil just fucked this guy over and he literally is in jail now I think.

Phil doesn't like to be too tied in with any mainstream shit that's outside of normie stuff like FB or Twitter so that's why i said he wouldn't like being posted here (not that it's really the type of humor for most /tv/ people).

You came in to the show late. Back from before i first found him to 2006 and even up to about 2012 he would have people call in, but because he had a bad time slot that went 10-1AM EST the callers sucked.

His best years were 99-2001 undoubtedly, specifically late 99 to late 2000. Pre-9/11 Phil is next level shit, the Dr. Bud Dickman Show, the Dr. Jeff Dowder Show, anything with Walter Bellhaven, that stuff is pure gold.

I didn't like the new show in 2007 when I as well rediscovered it because I stopped listening right around the time of my junior senior year of high school.

He doesn't have callers anymore and the show doesn't have writers so it's not as good as it used to be but still the funniest free podcast I can find.
>>
>>71453702
Shit. I had no idea, I'm gonna go watch his 99-00 era stuff now. Thanks m8

Also I'll keep his stuff off here. Had no idea about any of that shit.
>>
all i've ever heard from PH are his perfect parodies of art bell
>>
>>71455680
His parodies of Art Bell are like one of his Top 10 best things he ever did.

That bit where General Johnson Jameson is trying to get into Area 51 only to find out it was a gas station.
>>
>>71452700
Comedians I really like and respect speak very highly of him, but I've never really given it a listen because the way I heard about him was by people praising him and in the process explaining the characters are all played by him.
Kind of spoiling some of the fun from the get go, don't you think?
>>
File: pbr.jpg (50 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
pbr.jpg
50 KB, 600x339
Don't know this guy but I know he was a huge influence on The Best Show so I've always meant to check him out.
>>
>>71456391
That's hardly any of the fun of his show, actually, I'd say it is none of the fun.

It's neat to find out he does all the characters but the comedy and the uniqueness of it is in the entire evolution of his bits, getting to know the characters specifically, and even enjoying the repeated usage of their idioms and habits.

They usually tend to get crazier and more convoluted as the bit continues further, which is what I love the most about how he does what he does.
>>
>>71456493
I mean it's a huge mind blowing moment, but it isn't necessary to enjoy him at all.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.