[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Independence Day 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: independence-day-2-poster.jpg (259 KB, 600x888) Image search: [Google]
independence-day-2-poster.jpg
259 KB, 600x888
Do you remember the time when blockbusters still could've a good soundtrack and not just sound like someone is pulling jump scares on the conductor?

It would've been better if they just reused the soundtrack from the first movie
>>
>>71450393
The pacing just wasn't there, tbph. They barely introduced any of the new characters and the old ones didn't get any reintroduction at all. Goldblum, Spiner, Pullman, and Fox all just pop up out of nowhere.
>>
>>71451047
i agree. The good part of the cast did some solid acting but the newbies stole too much of the screen time and no one of the new characters were never properly introduced.

the entire new part of the cast was so incredibly bad
>>
>>71451047

I still don't know who Goldblum's love interest is supposed to be. She wasn't in the first movie. In fact he had a love interest in the first one, his ex wife, and they reconciled at the end. What happened to her?

At first I thought she became president because the actresses look pretty similar. But they showed this other broad with a throwaway line about how they used to bang, in a conversation normal people would never have in public. What is this nigger Indiana Jones? He's got bitches he pumped and dumped all around the globe?

Then when they have a moment at the end, Judd Hirsch says "who the fuck is this bitch?", echoing my sentiments exactly.
>>
>>71451489
there were a lot of things that went unexplained

like the force field they used to contain the blast of the queens ship. Where was this for the rest of the movie? If they could make a field that big with just a few trucks, why not just cover all of earth and all their fighters with it?

There was probably a scene that didn't make it in the final cut where they explain why they couldn't use shield before.
>>
>>71450393
This movie is the worst movie I have seen in many years and ruined very good childhood memories from ID 1 for me. Do not watch. Avoid at all costs. Pacing, acting, story and setting are shit.
>>
>>71451980
i have to agree since my favorite part of this movie was the end credits set to the sound of the first movies main theme

i fucking hate that it's only nolan and abrams that knows how to make good sci-fi anymore
>>
>>71451489
He's always on the lookout for a future ex-Mrs-Malcolm.
>>
>Jurassic World
>Terminator Genisys
>Independence Day 2

what terrible "classic action movie sequel" can we expect next
>>
this felt like the movie version of mass effect

the whole harvesting and reaping thing seemed all familiar
>>
>>71452189
Die Hard
oh wait
>>
>>71452189
I'm calling Top Gun
>>
>>71451847

Speaking of, why didn't they use it to protect the facility that housed like the entire White House staff?
>>
>make aliens come back
>add existence of more aliens elsewhere
>make humans special snowflake
>evil aliens have home planet
>brent spiner
>future intergalactic war

new star trek incoming
>>
>>71452296
the shield did probably not work until after the alien mothership arrived

this was probably explained in a scene that was cut

because the director didn't give a shit
>>
>Mike liked this and Stargate
Based taste in Emmerich
>>
its was cringey and space jammy
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.