[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War discussion thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: capheader.jpg (84 KB, 640x366) Image search: [Google]
capheader.jpg
84 KB, 640x366
what did you think? what about Black Panther? What about Spider-man?
Is this your favorite Marvel film?
>>
>>71446977
It was okay. Black Panther was bland. Spiderman wasn't as good as critics said. It's not better than Ant-man, The Avengers, etc.
>>
>>71446977
it was entertaining, more so than a good movie.
a good action movie.. like avengers 2.. not too much substance

pros
- good introductions of new characters
- had the balls to not have the typical "forget us fighting, we have to fight the 5 new super human enemies"
- fun to see all the avengers
- Tony was a good 3d character

cons
- a little long winded, the type of movie you may not want to watch more than once

tier 1 GoTG, Avengers, Cap 2, iron man 1
tier 2 Avengers 2, Cap 3
tier -1000 - Ironman3

Thor 3, I actually expect to steal the show
>>
>>71446977
Panther was based
Spidey was good
The Russos did a better Hawkeye with 5 mins of screentime than Whedon ever did. Same with Widow.
Zemo was cool.
>>
>>71446977
I honestly was bored. maybe I went in with too much expectations after winter soldier, it wasn't a bad movie at all it just didn't do anything for me.

It should have been a solo cap movie
>>
I liked it.

Winter Soldier is still my favorite MCU movie, but CW is easily in the top 3.
>>
>we got two Bucky movies

What a time to be alive
>>
The movie was too overcrowded. Conflict was nonsensical

Baron Zemo is the hero we deserve though.
>>
>>71448789
Really good villain wasted in that movie. He is about the only good product of Age of Ultron.

Civil War is dogshit. No point with all these ultra-realistic tacticool superhero outfits when you have a red and gold spandex Dr Manhattan floating about all over the place.
>>
Im pretty neutral in superhero movies, me and my friend recently marathoned all the marvel movies, the first movie we started with was ironman 1, the downfall throughout the series is just sad, it is a perfect superhero movie, but the shit that came after was unbearable, did disney own marvel back then? Cause the difference between ironman 1 and 2 is huge. Anyways most of the movies were one time flicks, but ironman 1 winter soldier and not entirely but drastically fun compared to other trash was gotg. from x-men, i liked first one the most, second was also really nice, basically the only movies that were decent are x-men 1,2 and the japan wolverine movie.
>>
File: 142929276624.jpg (423 KB, 1860x1400) Image search: [Google]
142929276624.jpg
423 KB, 1860x1400
Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.
>>
>>71446977
Black Panther made it worth it. But I watched the whole movie angry as I couldn't understand how you would side with Cap.
This should have been Ironman: Civil war.
>>
>>71449993
But Cap was right
>>
>>71446977
The conflict wasn't done too well, there weren't many stakes, I swear to god they had to bring mom into this one too, but the action and comedy was so entertaining you don't give a shit, unlike another certain vs movie.
>>
File: 891289.gif (875 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
891289.gif
875 KB, 245x300
>civil war discussion thread
>10 replies in 2 hours
>>
If you really want the discussion.
this was a pretty good movie, i honestly didnt expect it to be as good as it was with some many shit it had going on, but they pulled it off.
I also didnt expect to have feels but it really does have one or two moments that make you feel sad (specially for iron manlet which i again, didn't expect), Zemo was appropiate and BP, Ants and spidey stole the show.

If you want a shitpost reply
ZACK SNYDER DIED FOR DIES.
CAPEKINO WILL RISE AGAIN
>>
>>71450434
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
>>
Zemo GOAT villian
>>
Heh... mouseketeers getting jealous again
>>
totally forgettable save sexy Aunt May
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.