[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, is this guy like incapable of directing a good movie? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Nicolas+Winding+Refn.jpg (45 KB, 594x395) Image search: [Google]
Nicolas+Winding+Refn.jpg
45 KB, 594x395
So, is this guy like incapable of directing a good movie?

I have not seen Neon Demon yet but i'm sure it's trash as well, and fuck Ellle Fanning.
>>
>>71291330
>is this guy like incapable of directing a good movie?
Pusher.
>>
>>71291330
Only God Forgives was my first Refn almost 3 years ago, and I hated it. Granted I watched it without subs making it hard to follow in spots, but my issue was with its surrealism and lack of satisfying conclusions
The fact that the red band trailer was, for me, the greatest trailer of all time didn't help

About 9 months later I finally watched Drive and properly loved it - leading to me watching Bronson and Valhalla RIsing, both of which i also loved

3 days I finally got round to rewatching OGF, this time with appropriate subs
I was wrong, it's great
Flawed, sure. It has its mistakes, but it does more good than bad

So with that said, I would say Refn is probably the best director working today under the age of 50
>>
>>71291589
I forgot he directed Drive, I guess he can direct a good movie.
>>
valhalla rising and drive
>>
Lol you can feel the autism whenever you look at him

Glad he made it though
>>
>>71291330
>its a krager starts a shit thread episode

Black people shouldnt be allowed to use the internet.
>>
>>71291589

>didn't understand half the dialogue
>judges the movie anyway

you're a pleb of the highest order
>>
>>71291330
10/10 thread OP
>>
>and fuck Ellle Fanning

If you say so.
>>
>>71292111
tbphwyf everything good OGF does, it does during silent scenes
>>
I feel like he only got accidentally big, b ecause of the unexpected popularity of Drive. And he can't handle bigger projects or deliver something equally satisfying.
>>
>>71292321
>Pusher
>Pusher 2
>Bleeder
>Bronson
>Valhallah Rising
>Only God Forgives
>The Neon Demon

All right, I'm not gonna trigger you by saying they're all masterpieces but they sure as hell are all movies.
Technically good and with something inside them. Some heart, emotions, anxieties, some fears.
You can like them or not, but Refn undoubtely tries really hard to do what he thinks it's right and that's something that surely already puts him above all the big shot Hollywwod directors.
To say Drive is his only good work is an unfair understatement
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.