[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's hyped for Episode VIII? I'm not. Star Wars just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
Who's hyped for Episode VIII?
I'm not. Star Wars just isn't fun anymore. The series really is more concerned with making a product than a story. The sad thing is that I tolerated the prequels. At least they were trying to be genuine Star Wars and not the cheap cop out that TFA was.
>>
>The series really is more concerned with making a product than a story.

Star Wars has always been a product, especially after the success of the original in 1977.

>At least they were trying to be genuine Star Wars

By featuring people walking and talking around in CGI environments with cartoony CGI characters?

TFA is as much Star Wars as the prequels, if not more because it remembers what Star Wars actually was.
>>
File: StarWarsEpisode7.png (796 KB, 1316x1470) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsEpisode7.png
796 KB, 1316x1470
Episode 7 problems:

>Movie felt way too short
>So many plotholes such as how the Empire were able to build a massive Death Star carved into a planet in only 30 years when all the Empire were defeated
>Movie should have begun when Kylo was dropped off at Luke's Jedi Academy: as we get to know him more and why he joined the dark side
But of course due to JJ wanting to make an absolute copy of A New Hope: we had to begin the movie with Kylo in the mask and Stormtroopers massacring an area just like A New Hope begins
>JJ should have gone with the original script idea where Luke is met earlier in the film and Rey and Luke go on adventures together as they track down ancient artifacts - this then would have let Luke come face to face with Han and eventually Leia and all 3 of the original team would have been reunited
>Rey is a Mary Sue: absolutely makes no sense with how she knows everything about the force; is able to do Jedi mind tricks without anyone teaching her... if JJ filmed a scene with her reading a book about the Jedi myths or about Han explaining to her about the force then it would have all made sense - only way for it to now make sense is if Rey is a reincarnation of Anakin which explains why all powers come easy to her
>Luke would never abandon all his friends and become a hermit (again JJ is doing this just so Episode 8 is exactly like ESB with Rey going to be trained with a Yoda like wise Jedi).
>Why the fuck does Rey need to be trained? She is a Mary Sue who knows everything? She almost beat a Sith Lord (who cares if he was injured).
>The lack of Prequel content (such as no prequel planet ever mentioned) disturbed me greatly
>>
>>71283330
Give the prequels some credit. At least they didn't try and force in a load of leftist diversity with characters like Ma-Rey Sue and John Oogabooyega.
>>
File: AoTC.png (4 MB, 2636x1109) Image search: [Google]
AoTC.png
4 MB, 2636x1109
>>71283418
I wish everyone would give the prequels some credit
>>
>>71283381
>lists Ep 7 problems
Uh... Aren't you forgetting that stupid space gang bullshit?
>tell that tae Kanjiklub
God that was fucking cringeworthy.
>>
> The sad thing is that I tolerated the prequels.
Ahahahahaha, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>71283418
Oh please. Palpatine's usurpation of power and Padme's snarky comment about democracy dying with thunderous applause in Episode III is a very thinly-veiled Bush metaphor.
>>
>>71283214
i havent even seen TFA and im proud to admit that.
>>
>>71283580
Sorry, I didn't realise this was fucking r/StarWars.
>>
>>71283627
Reddit loves prequels, because it's full of flashy lightsabers and CGI. Maybe you should go back there, retarded nigger.
>>
>the prequels are shittier and therefore better.
>>
>>71283709
I'm pretty sure they hate the prequels and fawn over the originals via their herd mentality. I bet you liked TFA.
>>
>>71283737
>>71283737
Every other post about Star Wars on reddit is "I know it's unpopular opinion about the prequels, but I love them!". Reddit hating the prequels is a meme.
>>
>>71283733
>the prequels are shittier
The prequels don't make me want to kill myself as I watch them so no, they're definitely not shittier.
>>
File: 1430955868148.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1430955868148.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>71283586
No it's not, it was Caesar
>>
> all those anons falling for obvious bait
>>
Lucas has so much money he should make his own sequels for kicks. Or at least script them. Let the fans decide the fate of the galaxy. How could it be worse than The Cash grab Awakens?
>>
>>71283801
The dialogue in the prequels is so bad it makes me want to stop watching anytime someone speaks.
>>
>>71283835
At least it's not a bunch of fucking meme dialogue like in TFA
>muh Jakku
>muh kanja club
>muh quips
>>
It will be the best SW movie yet.
>>
>>71283578
>Uh... Aren't you forgetting that stupid space gang bullshit?
That bit was awesome
>>
>>71283835
The prequels were bad. Just bad, plain unadulterated bad.
TFA made me lost all faith in the franchise.

Therefore the prequels are better.
>>
>>71283831
he's literally not allowed to do that duh
>>
>>71283214
>Star Wars just isn't fun anymore.
k
>>
>>71283602
I've never heard anyone IRL talk about Star Wars or acknowledge the series in any way.
>>
>>71283835
>>71283927
the prequels were the work of an autistic visionary who didn't really know what the fuck he was doing but had a clear idea of what he wanted to TRY to do.

TFA was the work of committees and accountants.

The joy I have gotten from something like the plinkett reviews alone makes the prequels more worthwhile. Trying to do something like that for TFA would be impossible because its so clearly the work of people who didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>71283918
I feel really bad for Iko Uwais and Yayan Ruhian. What a waste of great actors.
>>
File: BRAVO JJ.webm (2 MB, 1280x530) Image search: [Google]
BRAVO JJ.webm
2 MB, 1280x530
Are you forgetting how JJ used heaps of CGI when he said he wouldn't?
>>
>>71283927

>i was a kid when i first saw the prequels so i dont judge them as harshly

Ok, got it
>>
>>71284082
>Implying you should make a star wars movie without heaps of CGI
>>
>>71284164
And hence why do people hate the CGI prequels?
>>
>>71283418
>Movie has a black guy and a woman amongst principle cast
>WAAAH! THE LEFT ARE TRYING TO WIPE OUT WHITE MALES! THIS IS PC GONE TOO FAR!
>>
>>71284199
Because in the prequels, everything but the actors is CGI. Entire movies were shot in nothing but green-screen.

TFA used it far more discreetly in favor of real sets and practical effects.
>>
>>71284114
Define kid.
I certainly was for the most part of the prequels and even really liked them. That doesn't mean I can't keep an objective eye on them now, especially since I've grown really bored by them even though I have still mad love for the originals.
So your assertion that age has anything to do with how I judge them shows how much of a fucktard you are. That said the simple fact you show any kind of support to TFA already does.

pls respond, daddy, btw for clarity sake I'm 28, tell me how many negative years you had when you impregnated my mum..
>>
>>71284082
the problem is that he used computers to write the script.
>>
>>71284082
He said they were going to use more practical effects than most modern films, he never said the movie was going to be 100% practical effects.

CG is the best way to do the Millenium Falcon in a scene like that. If the ILM guys had digital FX capabilities in 1983, they would have made the Falcon CG too, because having the 3 foot Millenium Falcon ILM model drag along the desert planet like the scene in TFA would have looked fake as fuck
>>
>>71283330
Yeah yeah and you love the sequence where rey is in the falcon because its soooo cool. Tell us how you lost your dignity ans your masculinity at the same time while youre at it
>>
>>71284426
No need to take out your closeted homosexuality on random anions, anon.
>>
>>71284203
One's a flawless perfect character and the other is barely developed.
>>
>>71283578
You could write a book about the problems or just write off the movie entirely because its a fucking car crash
>>
>>71283998
Why dont you watch them without stoklasas big milwaukee cock down your throat. Theyre better than most other generic sci fi crap thats been released in the past 30 years
>>
>>71284029

I was expecting some decent action scenes when I heard they were going to be in it, but they weren't even choreographers, which would have been cool too.
>>
>>71284203
>from a director who hates white people
>still too blind to see the message and imagry behind the decisions made by a fuckhuge corporation with your best interests at heart
>>
>>71284480
Then they should grow a brain before talking about shit they cant back up
>>
>>71284484

Yeah, and people were going crazy over it before the movie was even released.
>>
>>71284610
Ooh aah. Are you by any chance, triggered, my good man? Tsk tsk. Being triggered is for women and cows, not for grown men. Mayhaps you seek your own kind at /r/three21chromosomes? They will surely be more receptive of your, ah, opinions I might say. Run along now.
>>
>>71283918
Most pointless part of the movie

>you know what this movie really needs? yet another action sequence immediately following the last action sequence because our audience are probably getting bored at this point even though it has nothing to do with the rest of the movie at all
>it'll have space gangs and alien monsters that convenient don't kill our heroes, so awesome
>>
I can rewatch all the previous movies, including the prequels, and still enjoy them. I feel no need to rewatch episode 7. I can't point to any specific reason why though.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.