[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel the need to watch something, but not something I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1433696863250.png (1 MB, 833x800) Image search: [Google]
1433696863250.png
1 MB, 833x800
I feel the need to watch something, but not something I've already seen a thousand times like Terminator or Gladiator or the Sopranos. I don't even know how to describe my taste in movies. I like being immersed in them and I like characters that act to things semi-realistically. Movies today like Avengers or the newer James Bond feel like nothing matters in them, every fucking character is sarcastic and treats what's going on as if it will turn out all well in the end despite the odds being against them and characters that have fear or act like someone would in real life are seen as weak or odd.

I don't know how to describe it really, there is just a difference between good drama / action movies 15-30 years ago then there is now. Not to say that there aren't good ones nowadays, but they are few and far between.

Maybe I just haven't been watching the right movies, the last movies I saw and got immersed in was Girl with the dragon tattoo, Memento, Brestskaya Krepost, and Drive. At least at some point in those movies it felt like there were stakes that mattered to me, I really wanted to see the outcome.

I'm sick of all these tongue in cheek half action half shitty comedy movies, and I'm not an edgelord either and I don't dislike good comedy, it just feels like there have been no movies like the original Terminator or Braveheart or The Matrix or even a good war movie like Saving Private Ryan or even better Band of Brothers (I know it's not a movie, but you get what I mean).

I don't actively watch movies that often anymore and I wish I could describe my own shitty taste in them, but I really want to get into some good movies I know I must have missed. Movies that you can watch a few times and get something out of with a rewatch, movies that have love and tons of effort put into them, but that are also not bore-fests or pretentious "artsy" jerking off.
>>
honestly making fun of the new james bond movies seems a bit crass...

maybe you should just watch MORE movies, instead of looking for the next GOOD movie.

Seriously sounds like you just want a bunch of cool action movies.

just go watch some action movies m8.

I mena I can recommend Leverage or Burn Notice if you want light action, or Sarah Conner chronicals or firefly,

but seriously, if you saying James Bond is coming off like the x-men movies where people die and come back to life and nothing matters it's just a flavour of the week villian, then you just saw spectre, and really are off your game kid.

Go watch some horror movies and admit you're a edgelord.

GG HF
>>
>>71279717
Go watch Hardcore Henry or The Guest. Maybe the Crank movies, Shoot 'em Up, and The Killer if you're so inclined.
>>
File: image.jpg (499 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
499 KB, 2560x1440
>>71279717
watch Mr. Robot

trust me, you'll love it.

https://youtu.be/nJNZF3LR0VM

This first 5 minuets will hook you.
>>
12 Angry Men?
>>
breaking bad.
>>
>film embryos
>>
>>71279845
>"100 terabytes of CP"

Is this even possible?
>>
>>71279791
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was Spectre that I saw, I haven't seen the other new ones.

>>71279845
looks okay

>>71279888
bookmarked

>>71279889
Seen it, thought it was really good.

>>71279823
>Crank, Shoot em up
these are the type of movies that I'm talking about being tongue in cheek, no steaks, and forgettable.
>>
File: 1421321167093.jpg (74 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
1421321167093.jpg
74 KB, 620x400
>>71280096
>steaks

*stakes
>>
>>71280096
omfg even Craig wanted to slit his wrists after Spectre. You really need to watch more movies you fucking 18 year old pleb.
>>
>>71279717
>The things I enjoy are 15-30 years old.
I think I know whats wrong.
You aged.
>>
Watch mad men
>>
>>71279717
He's half insane but 100% faggot
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.