[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did he escape?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: shining pantry.jpg (109 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
shining pantry.jpg
109 KB, 1360x768
How did he escape?
>>
>>71254750
The Hotel was haunted for fuck sake... how can no one understand this shit?

Evil ghosts of the hotel where helping him commit murder and then in the end: they made him travel back in time and be trapped at that party.

>"You've always been the caretaker"
We could conclude that that ghost was just trying to confuse him by making shit up or we could also conclude that Nicholson's character was indeed a ghost the entire time but then it gets more fucking confusing with how he has a family...

idk remember Kubrick entirely changed the original Stephen King story
>>
Through the plothole
>>
>>71254888
Nice post
>>
Danny did it.
>>
>>71254846

I thought the whole reason he went crazy was that he wasn't able to deal with the guilt of him molesting his son, like his father did to him.
>>
File: jackshining_2676862b.jpg (61 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
jackshining_2676862b.jpg
61 KB, 620x387
Yes Wendy, you managed to lock me in. Good job Wendy, good Job.

>HOWEVER
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>71254750
>>
>>71254927
>the guilt of him molesting his son, like his father did to him.
When was it ever made clear that Nicholson's character was molested by his father and it made him molest his own son?

I don't remember this ever being explained.
>>
>>71254750
>>71254932

I've watched this movie maybe 20 times and I'm embarrassed (but not so embarrassed that I won't write about it) to say that in this thread, it just hit me for the first time that Wendy's fear during Here's Johnny etc has a primary and a secondary wave.

The primary fear is that someone (who you do positively realize is your husband from the grunts and screaming) is beating your door in. The secondary fear, which takes a minute and starts setting in right around the time he's at the bathroom door and Hallorann rolls up, is /How In The Christing Fuck Did He Get Out. Did Danny Do It, Is That Crazy Woman Still In Here With Us, ///What In The Fuck Is Going On///.

Of course, Wendy was exhausted and getting some sleep when it started, and so Danny could very well have opened the door (guided by Grady?) and come back to the apartment, unlocking and re-locking same from the inside, while Wendy slept.

Or else the spoopy vibe in the hotel was strong enough by this point that Grady could have altered the physical plane of his own accord. Wendy's fear, coming in the above waves (together with Hallorann's Blood for the Blood God) certainly seems to goose the Hotel to manifest itself all over.
>>
The black caretaker opened it for him
>>
>>71254932

hehe
>>
>>71255007
>I don't remember this ever being explained.

Pay attention to his hallucinations.
>>
Everything up until this point COULD have been just people getting cabin fever, going stir crazy, etc.

The Overlook has very, very little physical power of its own. It works through illusion, dream, suggestion, all mental stuff. It has expended an enormous amount of energy to be able to affect the physical world through the moving of a pin ... in a gamble to get the big payoff, to consume Danny's energy ("the shining") to power itself even more.

If Danny wasn't there, the hotel wouldn't even have the mojo to let his father out. Danny's massive psychic energy (as compared to most people's) is what really gets the Overlook revving up in the first place and it is HUNGRY to devour all of it.
>>
>>71254914
This is the one thing from that documentary that's probably true
>>
>it's a "there are retards who believe the ghosts in The Shining were real" episode
>>
>>71256996
then what were they?

cause all 3 of them saw ghosts
>>
>>71255458
Ok
>>
used his phone to make a thread on /adv/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.