[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conjuring 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: conjuring2cast-1.jpg (72 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
conjuring2cast-1.jpg
72 KB, 640x360
I absolutely love these two. I haven't cared about characters in a horror movie so much in a long time.

>GOAT cinematography
>believable, human characters
>did everything a good sequel should do, and didn't just retell the original

Thread theme: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vGJTaP6anOU
>>
I agree. They feel very genuine, and their whole look is pretty cute. conjuring 2 was okay, I liked the first one more. The first one had a much more likable family imo, much less cheesy stuff. The crooked man cgi was pretty over the top.

But overall still pretty good, I think it had scarier and better thought out scenes than the first. They did like three of these moments where the scare was developing like right in front of your eyes, but it was so subtle you couldn't be sure. Like when she was turning the light on while looking at the painting, or the boy band poster in the girls room that comes into view when the lights are out, and the girl transforming into the old guy when they're interviewing him. Cool stuff. James Wan is cool.
>>
>>71241368
>>71241500
The biggest complaints I hear about are the CGI.

Was it noticeable/distracting for you?
>>
I love them too.
Basically mainstream horror done right.
Not the cup of tea of some people on this board, though.
>>
>>71241368
it's kinda shit how powerful they are in the first that their appearance just changes the mood of the movie but in the sequel, they tried to make ed's threat of dying the main focus but we all know he's gonna live to a ripe old age
>>
How does James Wan direct good horror movies but nothing else? (i.e. Fast and Furious)
>>
it's 30 minutes too long but i liked it

>>71241613
furious 7 is a good albeit completely dumb action movie, it serves its purpose completely
>>
>>71241578
Not for me. Besides maybe the crooked man but I thought his design was pretty cool. Other stuff all was practical though so not sure who thought cgi was a problem.
>>
File: 193747fy29r8hd.jpg (5 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
193747fy29r8hd.jpg
5 KB, 600x400
>>71241578
90% of the scenes are tension building, a few of these have mediocre cgi, but by the end of the movie you won't care. There are plenty of scenes that are fucking GOAT and they more than make up for the lesser quality ones
>>
>>71241368
it was nice to see a modern movie finally capture london in the 70's. A lot of movies skip over the harsh environment of the time so it's nice to see this movie shows it was harsh and blunt back then.

Characters were really undeveloped though, the three other kids didn't even need to be in, especially biscuit kid
>>
>>71241500
Crooked man wasn't CGI.
>>
>>71241368
I liked the guitar scene an awful lot. It reminded me of how me and my family used to sit around and sing while my dad played.

"He took all the music with him." - what a great line, and I really appreciated that little touch of Ed understanding that a lot of their problems centered around something no more supernatural than a broken home.
>>
>>71244169
Fooled the shit out of me. I know they got that skinny guy to play him, but his face must have been CGI, and they must have edited the footage to make his walk more jittery or something. It's a real shame. I think they went too far in some places. They should have stylistically diminished the effects so he seemed more tangible.
>>
i liked how they didn't drag out the old horror movie tropes of the mother not believing the kids for half of the movie and even the police people seeing shit going down

the night time scenes were fucking awesome, so much tension building all the time
>>
>>71244392
Even the humor was done well. The way the cops saw the chair move and it immediately cutting to them leaving saying, "Nope! Nothing we can do about that!" kind of reminded me of Poltergeist.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.