[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Conjuring 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: the-conjuring-2.jpg (315 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
the-conjuring-2.jpg
315 KB, 670x377
I don't know about you guys, but this movie scared the piss out of me.
>>
Whos this cunny
>>
You must be a sissy euporean then

>"Camerawork" that people are calling creative or inventive that was didn't contribute to the films theme or tone
>The films pacing and tone were all over the place. literally spooky scene, romantic movie scnee woth the apporpirtae romantic music.
>"foreshadowing" if you can call it that to make the audience feel smart
>all scariness comes form face paint or loud noises
>first 5 minutes ripped off Hannibal the tv show

If not for patty boy this would of been a complete pos

4.2/10
>>
>>71231564
Not european but I am a huge pussy.

Some of the sets and gimmicks were remarkable and I'm surprised you haven't taken those into consideration. The toy firetruck and the tent was one of the scariest scenes I've ever seen. You've basically only listed the drawbacks and rated those. Some of the special effects were downright amazing.
>>
>>71231495
She was qt
>>
>>71231495
You're a sad fuck then. This movie isn't even slightly scary. I
ts just a thriller story really.
>>
BASED ON A TRUE STORY

http://cw39.com/2016/06/22/the-conjuring-2-becomes-real-life-horror-show/
>>
>>71232304
Did you actually watch it? I feel like I watched a different movie than you guys.

This is not an invitation to list everything you didn't like about it like the guy above. I'm genuinely more interested in what you DID like about it. Did you really find no redeeming qualities? I really liked it so I'm confused. Please, if you could refrain from simply calling me a pleb.
>>
>>71232452
You're not that big of a pleb. The movie was confusing because it was haphazardly reshot and edited when the initial test screenings went poorly. They added the nun demon to the movie to give it a personified bad guy. Before it was just spooky happening in the house in England and the movie wasn't working
>>
i really liked it honestly
>>
>>71232602
I agree there were parts that felt disjointed, this actually makes a lot of sense in hindsight.
>>
>>71231726
maybe but the toy coming to life isnt anything new

and you just knew the first time you saw the tent what it was gonna be

reminds me a few more things i didnt like

>no characterization besides my crisps and mum im not a smoker
>terrible cgi creature (but muh lore)
>main baddy is a threat for 57 seconds
>convoluted reason why the Americans arrive
>convoluted arrival to the way to defeat the main baddy
>>
>>71231564
You're a negative asshole.
>>
>>71232452
virgins on this site get really touchy about "scary" stuff. they also aren't threatened by rollercoasters.
>>
Such a basic bitch of a horror film. I don't understand the unanimous praise it gets. Not a single moment of tension or actual an actual character. Just shit moving around for two hours.
>>
>>71234280
>YOU TOLD ME YOUR NAME

>I WROTE IT DOOOOOOWN

Fucking stupid. How do people eat this shit up?
>>
i couldnt help but think the crooked man was a straight ripe off the babadook mixed with some weird stop animation from a tim burton film looked really awkward and jarring
>>
>>71231495

Anyone else think it was Bran from GOT before opening the thumbnail when scrawling through the catalog?
>>
before the movie was a trailer for another movie by james wan film this guy is fucking saturating the market its seriously overkill.
>>
>>71235099
Of course. Why wouldn't I be if I love cinema?
>>
>>71235190
The people sitting next to me when I went to go see it thought they were clever when they revealed the name
>I knew those letters on the bookshelve were important

Well no shit they were center frame for a good ten seconds. How subtle
>>
>>71235348
yeah they stuck out way too much i assumed it was the childs name
>>
File: EaWA3iD.jpg (32 KB, 336x189) Image search: [Google]
EaWA3iD.jpg
32 KB, 336x189
How old is she? :3

It's a really well done movie, the pacing, cinematography, tone and music we're almost perfect. Is it scary?... that depends entirely on how often you watch this type of films, as a horror-movie buff myself, never felt anything... but my gf was scared to death when we got home. 8/10, would definetely watch again. // The first one is better, ofc.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.