[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
discussions thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
What do you think about the new season and the series in general?
>>
I think it's liberal feminist shit, so I don't bother with it, and am skeptical of people who do.
>>
>What do you think about the new season
Better than season 2 & 3, on par with season 1

>What do you think about the series in general
Pretty good. When it comes to OitNB, I tend to find out last minute that a new season has come out, so this show has always been a pleasant surprise to me that I try and binge watch in 2-3 days.

Solid characters, but I really can't stand some of the plots these writers come up with.

>>71149115
I avoided this show for the same reasons as you, but it really isn't all "GRLPOWER XDXD.!1!!"

I'd say give it a try, but /pol/ is hard to convince.
>>
>>71149006
I haven't finished watching the new season yet but Red killing Pipers gf was a shocker and she was my fav character.
>>
10x better when it's playing up the comedy than when it thinks it has what it takes to be a serious drama
>>
When morello was doing that sex talk i came so hard
>>
shit
shit
>>
>>71149269
yeah I know right
I didn't expect that at all that red would kill her so brutal
>>
1 and 2 were good
3 was okay
4 is a gas leak season
>>
>>71149219
>>71149115

I started to watch it because I finished all my other series and thought "why not"

I really like it and I like how season 4 is getting more emotional especially with Healy
>>
They don't seem to know what to do with Piper since season 2. Also no good nude scenes even though they had the chance at having one with Vas in the first episode or two.
>>
You know those animes with like giant muscle men and women being groped by monsters and shit? This show is like that but for "queer" college girls
>>
>>71149006
fuck, kill, fuck then kill, marry
>>
Watch Wentworth instead.
>>
>>71149538
>watching this show for nude scenes

The only cute one is the latina who became the new shuttle driver and at a fucking mouse baby
>>
The season was good. But three more to go? They can't keep pulling this "uh oh, a bunch more inmates coming in :^)" shit forever.

What was up though with ending the season on Poussey looking at the camera? They made it seemed like the actress died IRL.
>>
My gf is watching it and she cried after episodes 11 and 12

apparently crazy eyes got beaten up and my gf's brother is a retard so she is very sensitive about it
>>
>>71149006

It's a better comedy than drama
>>
>>71149727
>They can't keep pulling this "uh oh, a bunch more inmates coming in :^)" shit forever.

I'm hoping one of the MC's escapes. It still blows my mind that during the gate breach that happened at the end of season 3, not ONE SINGLE PRISONER chose to escape. That crazy white bitch doesn't count, since she hung out in a cabin the entire time playing imaginary princess. Like, some of those bitches are in there for life. Why wouldn't they try and escape? Explain it to me, pls
>>
>>71149838
It was a full-on retard fight.
>>
My fiancee is obsessed with it so I've watched some of it. It's ok but it's pretty much lol XD so randum in lesbian sjw prison. It tries too hard with "the more you know" type messages. The switching back and forth from comedic to serious doesn't work in this show because of the setting. Either it's a funny unrealistic show set in prison or its a serious drama. It really can't be both because the writers aren't talented enough.
>>
Only thing I like is this girl's boobs
>>
>>71150147
Her backstory stuff in this season was, like a few others, completely worthless. It went nowhere.

>see that thing she's doing in the episode right now?
>she did something kinda similar before!
>>
I want to fuck the blonde one.
>>
>>71150197
Wait she had backstory scenes?
>>
>>71150197
It was supposed to show her character development, how she was a lying cunt who couldn't stop running her mouth off before prison but when she did it and it hurt Poussey she legitimately felt bad and was willing to admit that and try to change. Not every flashback has to be about pushing the plot forward, character building is arguably more important since this show can't finish interesting plotlines for shit anymore.
>>
>>71150339
In the episode where she assumes Poussey was the daughter of a crackwhore, they show her doing the door-to-door petitions (was this the same area as Lolly?) and meeting the sex offender and then lying to her friends about how dangerous he was.
>>
>>71150305
>its another anon that nobody in this world gives a fuck for him and his opinions
>>
>>71149727
>they can't keep pulling this "nancy botwin bumbles her way to being a drug kingpin forever :^)" shit forever
>it runs for 8 years
>>
>>71150434
Oh right
>>
>girl who barely had any character development throughout the season is the focal point of the cliffhanger
>plot threads that basically go nowhere and are self-referential
>pantyhose business faded into absolute irrelevancy (unless there was something between the lines of Piscatella cracking down on the gangs? still doesn't make sense)
>flashbacks now only service the immediate plot instead of providing meaningful insight into anything (seriously, who ever gave a fuck about Blanca)
>characters come and go from relevancy to irrelevancy like some free association bullshit
>it's been 3 seasons and Miss Claudette still hasn't returned
Honestly my only complaints of this season. Imo this show is the only one currently on the air with characters that aren't just one-dimensional buffoons or whatever. It's a shame that they really squander using them to their max potential.
>>
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES
>>
>>71149006
got bored of it after season 2
>>
>it's a Piper gets 5 years added to a rival pantie-merchant's sentence

>it's a Piper accidentally starts an aryan supremacy movement episode

>it's a Piper smokes crack in a cornfield episode

Worst girl
>>
>>71150835
What happened with the panty-selling:
>spics took over
>branded Piper a Nazi
>she bailed
>spics switched to drugs instead
>>
>>71150835
>>71151304
Once the consequences went up from "a week in the SHU" to "three more years in here" Piper basically said fuck that noise and dropped it.

Then the whole thing got shut down and they all moved to manual labour
>>
File: Jon Snow Return.jpg (344 KB, 1261x1600) Image search: [Google]
Jon Snow Return.jpg
344 KB, 1261x1600
THE PRINCE WHO WAS PROMISED
>>
>>71150835
>who ever gave a fuck about Blanca
Blanca is best girl, she doesn't give a fuck about anything.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.