[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a shitty series finale. What was even the point of characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: EL CARAJO ATERRADOR.jpg (245 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
EL CARAJO ATERRADOR.jpg
245 KB, 800x1000
What a shitty series finale. What was even the point of characters like Dorian Grey, the zombie whore, the whores league of assassins, dr. Hyde.
>>
>>71054126
i didn´t even realize it was the final episode last week, hoping for whoremaggeddon next season with grey butchering every one of these cunts
>>
A hell of a lot more entertaining than Game of Thrones. A shit show is a shit show but at least Penny Dreadful has a lot more talented actors.
>>
>>71054126
You'll notice that Dorian and Caliban's finalé moments were completely disconnected from everything else and at the same time so much better.

>An eternity without passion... without affection, caring for nothing
>Small price to pay for such immortal perfection, isn't it?

I'm pretty sure they're hoping it'll be renewed with Eva Green, so they can set up League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vs. Mr. Hyde, but I can't see it coming back without her.
>>
>>71054942
without*
>>
>>71054321
>next season
>>
It's probably the series finale but technically it's still a season finally until showtime officially cancels the series.
>>
>>71054126

What is the point of Dorian Grey and the Frankensteins period? The entire show could have easily been done without them in it at all and nothing would have even changed.
>>
>>71055556
just happened
>>
>>71055633
source? I can't find any info about showtime cancelling the series. I read a few weeks ago that the writer had ideas for season 4 and wanted to focus on hyde
>>
>>71055731
http://deadline.com/2016/06/penny-dreadful-ends-after-three-seasons-eva-green-john-logan-showtime-david-nevins-patti-smith-video-1201775483/
>>
>>71055761
thanks. I don't understand why they introduced Hyde then and I didn't care for the final battle with dracula. I was expecting a more werewolve vs vampire fight instead of him running off into the night.

At least they wrapped up all the loose ends.
>>
>>71055761
Pity. It was a fun show
>>
>>71056014
>I don't understand why they introduced Hyde then
To prove Victor's point, in a long-winded way. Good and evil braided be.
>>
File: shot0135.png (3 MB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
shot0135.png
3 MB, 1280x718
It was starting to go off the rails, probably for the best that it ended.
Some fucking amazing performances though, who ever though Billie Piper was so fucking talented.
>>
>>71057122
I remember some interview with Christoph Waltz where he says there's no such thing as a good actor or a bad actor, it's all defined by character, script, and direction. The most (supposedly) talented actor you can think of would be terrible if those three were terrible, and the most (supposedly) talentless would still be amazing if those three were amazing. Whilst I don't think he's entirely right he does have a good point, and Piper's career culminating in this goes a long way to proving that.
>>
>>71056014
One more season with the group without Eva and facing Dracula and Imhotep with Hyde just fooling around would have been nice.
Kill most characters in an epic final battle and leave some remembering better days.
>>
What the shit happened this season? It went full on SJW, new characters with little fleshing out, then the 2 hour season finale turned into a 1 hour series finale
>>
>>71054321
>whoremaggeddon
THIS KILLS THE SERIES
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.