[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neon Demon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1451436433427.jpg (95 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451436433427.jpg
95 KB, 720x1080
Let us discuss this movie. What did you think of it?

The good:
>stunning visuals - pretty shots, angles and lights
>interesting premise - ritualistic and absurd obsession with visual perfection in the modeling world
>cool use of symbols - the triangles, the naked in moonlight scene, the grotesque

The bad:
>not scary - most of the horror elements never even rattled me, and even the violent scenes barely got a response
>not exciting - a very large majority of the plot is based on (what I can only assume is) world-building, which while arguably necessary, isn't all that fun to watch
>weird runtime - I can't tell if this movie needed to go on even longer or if it needed to pack it in a little earlier, but it didn't feel right as it was

The hit or miss:
>acting - it was suppose to feel unnatural and surreal, I get it, but if you want the audience to sympathize with any of the characters they have to act at least a little human
>the music- it was a good artistic choice, if not so overused, it got old fast
>Kenau Reeves - why?
>>
>>71033082
I agree with this, basically.

I even forgot that it was supposedly going to have horror elements.
>>
>>71033953

Exactly, right? I kinda' sat through the first half of the movie thinking "alright, now that we've built the world, we can see the dark inner workings of the modeling industry". But that shit never came.

I felt there was such potential here. An opportunity to explore and exaggerate the sick things models probably have to go through to look and come across the way they do.

As mentioned a more focus on the cripplingly ritualistic-like behavior of some of the photographs, and these women's obsession with doing ANYTHING to stay young could have made this movie a lot more interesting.
>>
File: 1319924823684.png (69 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1319924823684.png
69 KB, 400x388
>>71034214

is there still anything pure in this world ?
>>
Like OP said, the problem was that movie wasn't really scary to me. And it was too bad, as abstract imagery can be unnerving if done right.

Nicolas clearly knows how to create tension, but he doesn't know hot to pay it off or he's stuck too far up his own ass to do so.

That stupid chase-scene ending felt forced as fuck.
>>
I really think someone fucked up the casting in this movie. Especially the protagonist (Jesse was it?) felt horribly miscast. She was suppose to be this amazing-looking girl people would literally kill to be, but she just looked "Average++", not "Perfection incarnate".
>>
Did you guys get tickets to the early showings or something? The only one close to me was 2 hours away
>>
>>71035373
Nah, it showed in a large-city cinema in Norway. Of course we're a Literally Who country so maybe they just grace us with shit like this when no actual countries care enough.

That being said, even for premier day it didn't draw a particularly large crowd.
>>
File: 1458445493877.png (7 KB, 191x234) Image search: [Google]
1458445493877.png
7 KB, 191x234
>>71034214
dogs a cute
>>
>>71035373

Got a pretty good showing in London. Very few empty seats with a nice AAA screen. Too bad the movie didn't really hit home for me.

It was a "horror thriller drama" that was never horrifying, never thrilling and never dramatic.
>>
>>71035472
>>71035623
Oh I see, it opens Friday here in the US. These reviews are bumming me out though, I was really looking forward to it. Will still go see it though
>>
>>71035963

It's still worth watching, if only for the pretty lights and the slight shock-factor of some of the scenes.

Just... try not to expect much. It really isn't bad, but it's probably not as good as you're imagining it.
>>
>>71033082
I think you're going to have to wait for it release in the states if you want any real discussion about this movie m8.
>>
>>71033082
Hot garbage designed to take money from vain bitches that think they're worthy of being a model, ugly bitches that wish they were models, and beta neckbeards willing to fork out money just to see some naked bitches and vampire faggotry.

100% pleb.
>>
>>71037155

What.

>designed to take money from vain bitches that think they're worthy of being a model
This movie isn't an instruction guide on how to get into modeling. And the women in said movie have a very model-like look, even if you can argue that the protagonist looks a little plain.

>ugly bitches that wish they were models
There's not a single landwhale or tumblr in this movie. Not even close. I think the ugliest girl was the red-head and she was portrayed as completely psychotic.

>beta neckbeards willing to fork out money just to see some naked bitches
There was practically no nudity in the movie. The shower scene and the morgue scene are the only ones I remember, and even there you barely got to see anything.

>vampire faggotry
Can't argue this one. More cannibalism than vampires, but at least you're in the ballpark here.
>>
>>71037394
Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>71038127
cucked
>>
>>71034214
>>71038127

There is nothing wrong going on here.
>>
>>71038127

>instantly dropped

Really bro whyd you have to post some shit like that. I really liked her
>>
>>71038249
Besides the obvious that clearly is wrong, she's even holding his hand if none of you noticed.
>>
>>71033082

I heard Elle has a nude scene in this despite her age.. this can't be true can it?
>>
>>71038851

It's not. She's clothed 100% of the time.

There's some implied nudity but nothing shown.
>>
>>71038972
Too bad.
>>
>>71033082
Refused classification here because Elle tiddies
>>
>>71040700

There are no tids tho. Event he R rating is just because they show some nude dead corpse.
>>
>>71040700
>>71040894
>>71038851
>>71038972
I'm getting mixed messages here.
>>
>>71041517
Im rusin ya its just not got a distributor in australia and might never have one.
>>
>>71038127
DELETE
THIS
>>
File: 1412347647362.png (128 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1412347647362.png
128 KB, 308x308
>>71038249
>>
>>71044174
It's a cute dog. Fuck off.
>>
>>71040700
Okay.
>>
File: file.png (28 KB, 605x211) Image search: [Google]
file.png
28 KB, 605x211
ouch

And they did tons of publicity in Europe, too.
>>
>>71046888
That's just the opening weekend numbers

Also
>Finnkino
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>71035156
That was the point: everyone saw them as beautiful even if she wasn't because she had the gift
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.