[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>The film starts on the night of the very first purge.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: purge-3-poster.jpg (60 KB, 606x960) Image search: [Google]
purge-3-poster.jpg
60 KB, 606x960
>>The film starts on the night of the very first purge. On that fateful night, Elizabeth Mitchell's character Charlene Roan was raped, tortured, and forced to watch as her husband and her kids were sadistically maimed, tortured, raped, and murdered by Kyle Secor's character (played by a guy in a mask due to Secor being hella old but with Secor's voice dubbed in for his double).

>>Mitchell and Secor's characters were internet lovers, until Secor found out that Mitchell had a family and basically was just using him for cheap sex. Secor responded by raping and torturing and murdering her family and raping/torturing Mitchell during the Purge, in retaliation.

>>The film itself does not ID the guy as Secor though, until the third act (which I will get to in a bit).

>>Cut to several years later; the underground anti-Purge movement is going strong and the truth about the Purges being a cover for the wholesale murder of the poor is pretty much common knowledge. Mitchell, now a US Senator, is running for President on a "ban the Purge" platform. Secor meanwhile? He's super rich and basically the head of the secret braintrust that runs the New Founding Fathers Of America, from behind the scenes.
>>
>>70979981
Purge thread?
>>
>>Frank Grillo's character, Sgt Leo Barnes, is working head of security for Roan as he believes she is the best chance America has to end the Purge and get the New Founding Fathers of America out of power. There is intense paranoia that the NFFOA will use what might be the final Purge, to kill Roan in order to eliminate the threat she represents to them and the Purge, which the NFFOA now treat as a religious Holiday ala Christmas or Easter.

>>Secor bribes one of the security guys to give away where Barnes and Roan are staying so they can send a death squad to murder Roan. And yes, they mention the fact that this is against the rules of the Purge. But Secor and his cronies basically don't give a fuck anyway; as it is stated that the NFFOA are fast losing the grip on power due to the anti-Purge movement outing their "use the Purge to murder the poor with roaming death squad shit". There is a scene where the anti-Purge group release a video onto the darknet (yes darknet) where they make a commando confess to the existence of the death squads, through torture. The NFFOA are said to be facing a huge potential to lose big and be swept out of office for the first time since they came to power. So they plan to abandon all pretense of subtle behavior and full-on wanting to kill her.

>>They slaughter Barne's security detail, but he thankfully prepared for the possibility of betrayal and has a Plan B ready as they flee into the streets. They plan on hooking up with the Anti-Purge folks for safety, but first they have to get to them.

>>This in turn leads to the gimmick for the film, as the Purge goons on the street, the average folks, all have variety of Patriotic gimmicks going on with their Purge garb.
>>
Wow bro thanks for The Purge spoilers

Thats why I go see this flick, for the awesome plot !
>>
>>70980022

dubs thread
>>
>>They hook up with the Anti-Purge group, who are a bit divided on whether or not they should stick their neck out for the Senator. In part, because they truly think that the American public would never give up the right to rape and kill the poor and helpless now that it's legal. They eventually give in but the van they are fleeing in is hit and Roan is kidnapped.

>>Secor's character has decided to marry, then torture, and ultimately murder Roan in front of the inner circle of the NFFOA. While prepping Roan for torture, it's revealed that he murdered her family and that it was a religious experience for him, since it "rid him of sin" he possessed for lusting after a "wicked whore".

>>Roan is killed, when Barnes storms the church she is being held in. The ending is a bloodbath, as Secor slits Roan's throat and Barnes is killed by Secor's allies, who overwhelm Barnes before he can kill them all.

>>The Purge ends and Secor and his people walk away, but they find the Anti-Purge movement waiting for them. The anti-Purge group basically wipe out Secor and his group, as there is a funny exchange where the anti-Purgers are told they can't touch Secor and his cronies because the Purge night is over and the Anti-Purgers are all "I don't give a fuck” and pump Secor and his group of rich white folk with bullets and kill them all.

>>But it's a hollow victory though: the epilogue VO revealing that the New Founding Fathers of America were re-elected in a landslide, even with their braintrust wiped out. Furthermore the film ends with a teaser for the new direction the next film might take: as it's revealed that other countries are now setting up their own Purge nights, including Great Britain, France, Germany, Japan, and Canada.
>>
>>70980060

>Barnes is killed

Fuck that. Frank Grillo killing people is the only reason to watch these movies
>>
>>70980060
Proof?
>>
>>70979981
>>70980031
>>70980060
Propaganda
>>
So in other words:

>> White hero dies
>> Main villain is a white male rapist who believes in god
>>Heroine is a whore who fucked around on her husband and is butt-hurt that whore had consequences
>>Minorities torturing a soldier who was just following orders
>>Minorities killing whitey by way of explicitly breaking the rules from which the entire film premise hinges on

>>Ending teases the film series leaving the US, so they can make the next couple of Purge films be about minorities killing evil whitey in foreign countries?

The only thing missing is a cucking subplot.
>>
People actually like this garbage?
>>
>>70980060
>>>The Purge ends and Secor and his people walk away, but they find the Anti-Purge movement waiting for them. The anti-Purge group basically wipe out Secor and his group, as there is a funny exchange where the anti-Purgers are told they can't touch Secor and his cronies because the Purge night is over and the Anti-Purgers are all "I don't give a fuck” and pump Secor and his group of rich white folk with bullets and kill them all.

That kind of sounds cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 900x1240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 900x1240
>>70980060
Seems a little dark. Too dark.
>Purge 1
Only Ethan Hawke dies
>Purge 2
White boyfriend dies
>Purge 3 (according to anon)
Fucking everyone dies.
I think you're making this up
>>
>>70980325
I can see it.

And technically not everyone dies. The anti-purgers seem to live
>>
Can someone explain how this shit works? If all crime is legal on one night, how come the country is not burnt to the ground and crap?
>>
>>70980360
I'm talking about main characters.
And why bother bringing back Frank Grillo just to kill him off?
>>
>>70980426
the people commiting the crimes generally are resource poor, meaning they have limited access to weaponry, mainly relying on low grade firearms and other pretty harmless shit

all the rich people actually have something to live for beyond the 24 hours so they just purge in safe ways like kidnapping random hobos for sport.
>>
>>70980307
>rich white folk
If I made a film that involved 'poor black folk' being massacred when they were unable to defend themselves what do you think the reaction would be?
>>
>>70980549
If you make sure one of them kills the hunting party, it could work.
>>
>>70980426
Purge night has rules.

You can only rape/torture/murder people with knives, swords, and guns. Bombs, arson, bio weapons, etc are off-limits as far as the film series classifying weapons that can do major death and destruction, being forbidden during the purge.

Also, government officials of a certain levels of power and position (details are vague but I'm sure the third film will address it) can not be touched whatsoever. A major plot point as the US is run by a right wing fascist government in the film series.

Finally the whole reason for the purge is to juke the stats to make the economy look super great: poor people kill each other in large number and those deaths mainly affect the poor and unemployed and those in the low income bracket. This lets the fascist government present the image that the economy is great and there is low to non-existent poverty and unemployment.

And this becomes a plot point in the second film, where it is revealed that the Purge wasn't killing poor people in large enough quantities, so they started sending military death squads all over the place to kill poor people in the ghettos to further wipe out the people who make the government look bad statistically.
>>
>>70980060
god fucking dammit if this ends like this. I will have mix feelings.
>>
>>70981551
yeah it leads up the the purge4 the purgering
>>
What I dont understand is how they removed the character of carmello Jones.
>>
>>70980060
Is this the beginning of Purge kino?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.