[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody else get annoyed that Harrison Ford hated the c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Does anybody else get annoyed that Harrison Ford hated the character Han Solo and always wanted him to die? Han Solo is great. Harrison Ford disliking Han Solo makes me dislike Harrison Ford. Anyone else agree?

Source:
http://www.blastr.com/2013-7-20/little-known-sci-fi-fact-real-reason-han-was-frozen-carbonite
>>
He always seemed rather ungrateful for someone who showed so little emotion on screen and lucked into multiple hundred million dollar franchises.

Watch "Regarding Henry".

That's Ford's skill as an actor when he isn't flying a plane or running from a giant rolling ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQrzt7JI_DM
>>
>>70920827

Yea, "ungrateful" is the word I was looking for. I guess since Ford struck gold as an actor in the 1970s the appreciation level is much lower than today since everyone and their mom wants to be a huge celebrity -- let alone be a leading roll character in a Star Wars trilogy. Either way, if I was Han Solo I would be super thankful and it annoys me Harrison hates Han. He probably wouldn't have insisted on having Han killed in The Force Awakens had this not been the case!
>>
>>70920827
>>70920988
Some actors don't want to luck into such big franchises. Look at most of the Trek actors. For ToS and TNG, most of the big names Spock, Kirk, and Picard all hated the fact that they were stuck with this huge group of basement dwelling fans. Then, after time, they learned to love it and embrace the fact that they were a part of something so influential. In the later series I guess this could be true as well, but those idiots knew what they were getting themselves into.

Harrison just hasn't turned the corner. Maybe he's just an asshole bad actor with delusions of grandeur. Case closed?
>>
>>70921087

Lol he definitely does have a little bit of asshole-ness about him. Maybe when he's officially retired from acting he will turn the corner and love Han Solo.

Before that though we have a new Indian Jones or two coming out!
>>
>>70920827

>1:26 for some perfect harrison ford ACTING!
>>
File: AlienvsPredator.jpg (68 KB, 514x549) Image search: [Google]
AlienvsPredator.jpg
68 KB, 514x549
>>70921087
>>70920988
>>70920827
It actually kind of ruins the original trilogy for me. Every line he delivers in Empire and Jedi just feel like that guy who works next to you at the office who is just going through the motions.

Worse, it kind of ruins the Indiana Jones movies for me, too. He claims he hates the Han Solo character and loves Indiana Jones, but really those two characters are the same.

"But, Indiana Jones is a professor who is motivated by finding treasure to put it into a museum. Han is just a pirate."

I hear this all the time when I bring up Harrison Ford. It is bullshit. If you take out any scene in the actual college and change any line where he says something belongs in a museum to "I am going to sell it to a museum", they are exactly the same.

Even the fucking line delivery and methods of smirking when his ruse doesn't go quite right are the same. I am surprise Lucas didn't use the same outfit and just change the gun to save costs.
>>
>>70921130
He does interviews drunk, too. And he stormed off of Kimmel. Only person I hate more than Ford related to Star Wars is George Lucas himself.
>>
File: Gummy Destruction.jpg (1 MB, 600x4582) Image search: [Google]
Gummy Destruction.jpg
1 MB, 600x4582
>>70921295
Vid of him drunk.

https://youtu.be/PiKWUvHMrJw
>>
>>70921087
>Picard
Patrick Stewart didn't know.
TNG was a risky reboot that he thought would go nowhere.
>>
>>70920386
He has said he loved the character but he felt like after epV there was no real use for his character other than being Han Solo. He said it would have maybe helped the story if Han actually died rather than just...be there in ep VI

It's your right to believe it or not but that's what he said in the Force Awakens Bonuses, I think.

Thing is, Han Solo became so popular that people wanted more of him and they couldn't kill such a popular character attached to a popular actor, what Harrison Ford wanted was for the character to die because he felt it would give the story more gravitas and that his character arc was done.

And he has all the right in the world to feel angers towards Han Solo as people have been asking him questions about it for YEARS. And some fucking dumb questions ''did Han shoot first ?"
Why does it matter ?
>>
I watched The Mosquito Coast recently and it was pretty fucking funny just how happy he was in it.

When he likes a role his performance is roughly 80% better than when he doesn't.
>>
>>70921329
Yeah, by later series I meant everything post-TNG.
>>
>>70921317
topkek

Are you sure he wasn't on anything else? There's a lot of rubbing...
>>
>>70920827
I agree but Han was slated to die tragically in ROTJ.
And considering how ROTJ was the worst of the original trilogy, maybe he should have.
>>
>>70920386

ford has always been a grumpy old man on the inside who only acted for money for laquers and power saws and shit
>>
>>70920386
The fact that he's kind of an ass is what let him play his asshole characters.
>>
>>70920386
Harrison Ford hates everything
>>
>>70921364
> Why does the thing that people love and helped form their perceptions of all future fantasy/sci-fi in the future matter?

Sure, Harrison Ford has a right to resent a character he has become so attached to when he feels the story doesn't call for that character, but the story DID call for him in episode 6. Sure, they could have gone a lot of different directions, but they clearly established a love interest between him and Leia. And what is his talk about character arc? Han didn't have an arc except to go from pirate to hero. He wasn't anywhere near that in the second movie.

And no, him helping blow up the first Death Star doesn't count. He went in at the last second and blew up the last two fighters so Luke to launch a torpedo. That is like me coming in after you have been fucking your wife for five minutes and knocking you out of the way so I can fuck her the last thirty seconds to orgasm. Yeah, I helped get her there, but you clearly did all the work.
>>
>there are people so new they don't even see the thinly veiled bait
>>
>>70921295

Haha just watched him walk out of Kimmel, I'm 99.999% sure that was staged as a joke
>>
>>70921317

Damn I was cringing and had to stop watching
>>
>>70921499
Enlighten us oh wise one
>>
>>70921535
It was just about triggering neckbeards with implying star wars is sci fi.
Of course now /tv/ is just an annex of reddit, nobody took the bait.
>>
File: 1457966573086.jpg (12 KB, 344x345) Image search: [Google]
1457966573086.jpg
12 KB, 344x345
>>70921728
>Ctrl F sci fi
only result is your post newfriend
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.