[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this and it was honestly not that bad but seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: TD2.jpg (8 KB, 312x162) Image search: [Google]
TD2.jpg
8 KB, 312x162
Just finished this and it was honestly not that bad but seriously fuck that ending.

Did they hear the faggots whining about the S1 ending and decide to go all fucking grim dark with it?

It was awful and there was no reason for it, it wasn't even like they sacrificed themselves for the cause they just died for no reason.
>>
File: 1466144121536.png (73 KB, 700x992) Image search: [Google]
1466144121536.png
73 KB, 700x992
>>70918102
They say a man lives and dies a little every day but Ray I'm immortal.

I suck at Frankposting.

Frank's death was very watchable, and Ray was top tier all through out. I didn't give a fuck for Woodruff honestly because he barely had a background and wasn't likable imo. Ani was weird period but she had some good moments.

I had fun watching and that's all that matters to me.

>Watch a Clint movie with me.
>>
>>70918314
Gay cop felt totally unnecessary, I liked Frank, and Ray (though I don't like Farrell), and I was ok with Beezereties.

The plot I think was not bad but the way it was told was kinda weird. Lots of time was spent talking about the parties and the land deals and in the end the murder had nothing to do with either it was just a revenge killing by some kids and the way Ray suddenly figured it out was pretty stupid.

I think what he was going for was the idea that these corrupt politicians and things just exist and they get away with it all the time but in this one case a totally unrelated issue threatened to expose them. I suppose in a way random shit coming together is more like real life but it tends to be unsatisfying in a story. I wanted everything to be connected and all come together at the end, instead we got a story where some kids just happen to kill a guy for personal reasons and it just happens to open up a huge corruption scandal and then Ray dies cause he just happens to go to his son's school and Frank just happens to get killed by pissed off Mexicans who somehow knew where he was even though that wasn't his car and he'd been living in hiding above that bar probably for days at that point. All just felt too random.
>>
>>70918598
>All just felt too random.

That was the weight of their world crushing in on them, the many pawns of the Vinci political system moving into checkmate.

The twin being bird man and the diamond side plot out of no where was retarded though. And the Mexicans were working with Tony Chessani as his muscle, they were getting Frank out of the picture so Tony could run everything, like he was setting up all along, through his moves with Caspare and Osip.
>>
They say excuses are like assholes, Ray. Well I'm a fucking bidet and there's no more toilet paper.
>>
>You ever see a fir tree, Ray? Old as it gets, it never stops being green. Just like money. Just like my old man. Caspere knew this.
>>
>>70918698
The whole twins/diamonds thing should have been cut. I'm not sure who should have killed Caspare but that plot felt forced and Ray's sudden realization was dumb, unlike Marty's realization that the green house had been freshly painted in season 1. That made sense, suddenly realizing that guy you saw once is the adult version of a kid you saw in a picture does not.

> And the Mexicans were working with Tony Chessani

That still doesn't explain how they knew where Frank was at that light. That wasn't his car and the show gave no indication anyone was following him or anything like that before.

If they cut Woodrugh, the twins/diamonds story, re worked some of the dialogue and changed the ending it would have been great.

I would keep Vince as Frank I thought his acting was honestly great.
>>
>>70918946
You know what they say about living in the dark Ray it's like you're in the womb and when you see the light you're born again, Caspere knew this.

I loved Frank, Ray, and Ani but Woodrough was flat as fuck.

I'm still skeptical of Ani enjoying that Manson family hippie raping her it felt wrong.
>>
Its a very good series but idiotic morons want to complain it lacked the supernatural gimmicks of the first series.
Caspere knew this
>>
>>70919117
>>70919141
Did he ever actually say Caspare knew this? I can't remember him saying it once
>>
>>70919178
first episode
>>
>>70919141
1 isn't particularly supernatural it's hallucinations and has a genuinely uneasing atmosphere. 2 has Ray's dad flat out telling him how he'll die which felt like something from Twin Peaks.

>Some say love

I love that scene...
>>
>>70919204
yeah I realised once it was posted I didn't mean 'supernatural' but nevermind.

that scene was great aswell I agree
>>
Am I the only one who wanted Ray doing more criminal shit like beating the fuck out of the reporter in first episode?

>doing the hush sign as kid rides his bike
>>
>>70919141
Season 1 really was true kino though and the vaguely supernatural elements helped make it feel like more than a cop show.

S2 struggled to rise above just being a cop show. I think allot of that was the directing/cinematography as well though, they needed that S1 director back.
>>
>>70918946
>That still doesn't explain how they knew where Frank was at that light.
I always assumed either the diamond guys or someone who worked for them called Tony or someone who worked for him.

>hey bro that guy your boss is looking for? my boss was just talking to him outside.
>no shit?
>yeah. he's in an xyz car heading in abc direction
>abc direction? the harbour is in abc direction! thanks bro
>thats cool bro. don't forget to drop that coke off tomorrow

Or something like that.
>>
>>70919347
If that's what they intended that is weak and unsatisfying.
>>
Tony is the definition of wigger. Think he actually has a chance at politics?
>>
>>70919380
Maybe Frank's car had green doors.
>>
>>70918102
>it wasn't even like they sacrificed themselves for the cause they just died for no reason.

That's exactly what Velcoro and gaycop died for what are you talking about? Frank ostensibly died for it.

>>70918598
Everything you're talking about is why I liked it to be honest.
>>
>>70918102
Parallels to Story of Lot and Abraham
>>
>>70918946
Corruption is a cycle and there is no loyality.

>that still doesn't explain

Lol stick to popup books and capeshit, kiddo.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-03-18h08m57s358.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-03-18h08m57s358.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>70918598
Gay cops shootout almost gave me a heart attack. I was on the edge of my seat. I loved it, but understand what you're saying.

>>70918102
I thought it was great, really. And yes, people complained that Rust and Marty survived, so Nicky P basically killed off everyone.
>>
shouldve cut vince
shouldve gone with EITHER sex parties OR diamonds, and cut land deals
killing gaycop was a good move, it was just stupid that burris magically knew which door to hide behind, that could've been handled better
killing ray was also good, but it was fucking retarded that he just decided to bail out into the woods instead of somewhere better just to fulfill his dream premonition
birdman should've been more important
>>
>>70918598
>>70918314
>>70918102
yes it was watchable, but in the end it failed because everything worked out too much as in the real life would've .

(ok maybe except that they were the only survivors in that shooting)

And in the end i felt , why the fuck did i just watched this for 10 hours? Case not solved, heroes all dead. it gave empty feels.
in that case, though, ot's a masterpiece.
>>
>>70920131
I think that a focus on a sex trafficking ring and how it's seeped into positions of power would have been fantastic, really.
>>
I struggled to car about it

>too many things that didn't matter like the land deal shit
>main plot motivation ignored and irrelevant until the last two eps where you find out it's some dumb twins/diamond shit
>not a single likeable or relate-able character, just a bunch of mumbling drunks
>everyone dies for what?
>forgettable landscape and theme
>2 hour long last episode that didn't need to be 2 hours
>beyond annoying self hating gay man cop guy that I don't remember doing fuck all

I don't remember a single characters name but Frank (who was the best part of it)
I don't know even remember why colin farrel was in the woods or why there was a shootout in the end

s1 works because its a cohesive story. s2 is a bumbling mess of all sorts of shit, none of which mattered
>>
Pro:
Frank meme
Ray drugscene
Brhhhnnngghdatassine
Latenthomo specialforces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMiVklcCrXs
>>
Season 1 was a great show.

Season 2 was an ok show with some great moments.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.