[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
David Ayer: Jared Let's Joker inspired by 'Drug Lords
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
>One of the big question’s surrounding this summer’s “Suicide Squad” is Jared Leto‘s inked up, gold toothed Joker. Already, the tales of his on set behaviour is the stuff of legend, with the actor going method, and sending his castmates “gifts” like anal beads and used condoms to bring an air of authenticity and danger to his portrayal of the legendary comic book villain. It turn, the director and cast have been singing Leto’s praises, though the Oscar winner himself has for now, stayed out of any pre-release press rounds. And once again, helmer David Ayer offers a window into Leto’s process and how they built the baddie, which includes some influence from social media, of all places.

>“A lot of it has to do with creating a character with some kind of history and footprint in our world,” Ayer told Yahoo. “And not have this sacrosanct being outside of our continuum, our reality. If a guy like him really existed today, where would he come from? How would he do business? Who would he know? What would he look like? In my mind, I took a lot of inspiration from drug lords on Instagram. It’s a great way to understand the lifestyle of a villain.”
>>
>There’s no doubt that Joker’s attire has been a major talking point, but the filmmaker wants to make it clear there’s a reason for every choice that has been made.

>“The tattoos tell a very specific story,” Ayer continues. “And eventually people will decipher them and understand what’s going on, but obviously they’re contentious, any time you do something new it’s contentious. There’s very specific stories and easter eggs in those tattoos. And even his teeth, there’s an entire story behind that which is absolutely canon. It’s putting his history on his body. This Joker is a little more working class, who I believe could live in our world.”

>Through it all, Leto lent total commitment to his role, and Ayer seems to have nothing but admiration for the actor’s immersion playing the Joker.

>“With Jared, it’s tough for him,” he said. “He constantly has to give birth to himself, he goes away, he comes back, he shoots, he goes away… The Joker is something you have to be, and you can see how exhausting and painful it is for him to be this character. But you can feel it when he comes to work, the crew feels it, everyone feels it. It’s like the birds stop flying. He’s f***ing terrifying.”

“Suicide Squad” opens on August 5th. Check out two new TV spots below.
>>
and all those faggots are trying to be Scarface

big fucking deal
>>
MOM'S
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 184x184
>>70903288
>>70903306
>>
MELVIN MELVIN BROTHER OF THE JOKER
>>
"leave cringekino to me."

>BURY ME, BURY ME
>>
>>70903306
i wonder what the complicated story behind the "damaged" tattoo is
>>
>>70903534
>Ayer continued. "Well I'm a massive faggot and a meme director, so when me and this other faggot Jared Letgo got together, we just knew we had to write Damaged on his head. Why you ask? Well..
>This is when Leto stormed in the room..
>>
>>70903534
HIS FATHER IS FAMOUS MUSLIM SCHOLAR DR MAGED AL SALALAMI PBUH HE IS A MAN OF THE FAITH HIS SON SHEIKH IBN BIN BWANA SAHIB FALL INTO THE VAT OF OIL AND HIS TATTOO CHANGE TO DAMAGED FROM DR MAGED IT IS THE SCAR OF THE SHAI TAN THE FIRST AMONG THE D'JINN
>>
>>70903534
A sad end to his favourite childhood console.
>>
HEEEEEEY
>>
>>70903288
Nice looks all the fan theories have just been confirmed

GOAT joker for sure
>>
File: MOMS GONNA FREAK.jpg (143 KB, 984x734) Image search: [Google]
MOMS GONNA FREAK.jpg
143 KB, 984x734
>Leave flopkino to me
>>
>>70903534
It's French, Damàged, and it means "Do not protray me as the enemy you need, remember me as the man I am"
>>
waiting for the inevitable CIA rewrite
>>
>>70903604
edgey
>>
File: 1465658407995.jpg (186 KB, 1085x1217) Image search: [Google]
1465658407995.jpg
186 KB, 1085x1217
>>70903306
>He constantly has to give birth to himself, he goes away, he comes back, he shoots, he goes away…
These faggots will never get over themselves, will they?
>>
File: moon2.jpg (142 KB, 700x702) Image search: [Google]
moon2.jpg
142 KB, 700x702
>>70903621

what
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.