[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2011 /tv/ user here. What happened to this place? I leave for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 300x250
2011 /tv/ user here.

What happened to this place?

I leave for a couple years and it's completely different.

Old /tv/:

>Arthouse threads
>Film recommendation threads
>Deadwood & Sopranos threads
>Actual film critiques based on artistic merit

Neo /tv/:

>capeshit threads
>game of plebs threads
>only film discussion revolves around political conspiracies & MUH JOOS psyops
>art film discussion caps at 10 posts before being pushed out the catalog

Explain yourselves /tv/.
>>
File: TFW Retarded Son.webm (278 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
TFW Retarded Son.webm
278 KB, 960x540
>>70903073
Lost ended, ruining the comfy threads. Then right after Dark Knight Rises came out and the bane meme was forced so hard, it became a huge part of the board. That led to nothing but shitposters.

Then we had a massive influx from /co/ since capeshit has become the major subgenre of blockbusters today, which just lead to consolewars over Disney owned Marvel, Fox owned Marvel, Sony owned Marvel and WB.

I too lament what /tv/ has become. At its peak, the only bad thing was the dubs epidemic, which was easy enough to avoid.
>>
/v/ happened
They've become so entrenched that /tv/ gets butthurt whenever you call them out
>>
>>70903347
I dunno, I frequent /tv/, /co/ and /v/, and in the last two years, I've seen a fuckton of blatant /tv/ posters on the other forms.

I feel like this place has /b/ lite, especially now that this place is full of BLACKED and /pol/ threads every fucking day.
>>
>>70903396
>I frequent /tv/, /co/ and /v/,
You are the true cancer of this board.
>>
>>70903431
Yes, because I'm constantly making threads about MUH JEW CONSPIRACIES, my wife's son, GoT or responding for you to everything.

Fuck off.
>>
for some reason the janitors allow the neo /tv/ shit to have multiple active threads at once but will remove anything else. Especially threads that question why the board has turned to shit.
Watch as this thread is removed in a few minutes because the jani is triggered by negative attitudes towards his precious memes
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 901x554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 901x554
>>70903235

I'm with ya man.

This board got me into movies a ways back.

I used to come here and compile a shit ton of recommendations - from great foreign titles I may have never heard of, to forgotten treasures in American cinema.

I started a thread the other day about 3 Women and it's similar totes to Mulholland Dr...it got about 6 posts before being pushed out the catalog.

>>70903347
I don't think /pol/ is helping either.
>>
>>70903073
/tv/ lost any sense of elitism. It's filled to the brim now with lowest denominator posters who are also insecure as fuck. They regard anyone who doesn't enjoy their kiddie schlock as 'pretentious' or a 'contrarian'. Search "pretentious" in the archive, these /v/ posters that have swarmed this board MUST be kids.
>>
File: DRIVE-thru coffee.jpg (255 KB, 996x572) Image search: [Google]
DRIVE-thru coffee.jpg
255 KB, 996x572
I miss Drive memes
>>
>>70903560

There's a hundred-thousand memes on this website. You don't need to know the boards. You give me a time and a thread, I give you a five minute window. Anything shitposted in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Any baiting that happens a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. Do you understand?
>>
>>70903073
Baneposting, ciniema threads, old memes all gone. While this is sad /tv/ is still undoubtly the funniest board on 4chan and has evolved with new buzzword and new jokes.
>>
>>70903525
There is no reason for movie elitism to exist in the current year, good riddance i'd say. Nowhere, online or in real life, should fat virgin bottom feeders be enabled into any kind of elitism. You were forced out of /a/, out of /v/ and now out of here. /mu/ is next.
>>
>>70903473
Any post made by an adult video game player is a thousand times more detrimental to the quality of this board than any Jew Conspiracy thread.
>GoT
Lmao. You video game/comic book sensibility crossposters are the ones who brought that shitfest here.
>>
File: 1463959717455.jpg (62 KB, 573x729) Image search: [Google]
1463959717455.jpg
62 KB, 573x729
>complain about bad threads by making a bad thread

Why don't you create an interesting topic, instead of bitching about how shitty this place is?
>>
/tv/ has always been shit. I've been here since 2006 and it wasn't any better then, just slower.
>>
>>70903073
Bullshit. Old /tv/ was just /sp/ and /v/ 2.0
>hurr why americans clap in the theaters
>durr why do euros have TV licenses
>hurr circumcized cocks
The rest was just tripfag waifu circlejerks
>>
Look at /r9k/. Look at /tv/. Look at /mu/. Look at motherfucking /pol/. When reddit discovers a board and teenage redditards flood into it, it shows. That shit kills boards, simply obliterates what little value they had in favor of "memes" and general /b/tardation. When that happens, a board is drowned in idiotic 16 year olds who aren't really interested in the board's subject matter, are extremely ignorant of it, have shallow tastes and - worst of all - refuse to self-improve or educate themselves. For them, it's all just one big joke. An excuse to post on an imageboard.
And the most depressing part is that the change is permanent, there is no going back from it. A vicious cycle is created where a board full of ignorant teenage posers keeps attracting more ignorant teenager posers, while those users who DO develop a genuine interest or understanding leave the place because they feel they "outgrew" it (and they're probably right).

The overlap between 4chan's and reddit's userbases has steadily been growing ever since ~2012, and it's reaching the point where the two websites are indistinguishable. Reddit has been ripping off cheap 4chan content since its very first day, so nothing of value lost there. But for 4chan, it's different. All of 4chan's uniqueness and quirks are being sandblasted off to make this place more similar to the /b/-inspired image of 4chan most outsiders have in their minds. Even the last few islands of relative stability are going down the drain as we speak. /a/ is a prime example.

This isn't anything new, or even unexpected. The process is a natural result of the rapid commercialization of "nerd culture" we've been experiencing for the past 10 years. As more and more of their hobby is being pushed into the fatal limelight, genuine enthusiasts are forced to dig deeper and deeper to find substantial content they can enjoy and communities of like-minded people whom they can talk to. 4chan is just another milestone, just another name off the list.
>>
>>70903590
I'll admit this board has some ebin memery. But as I get older, I can't help but wish it would return to a time when traffic was slower so quality film discussion could arise.
>>
>>70903073
>>70903235
>>70903347

Honest question for you guys. As someone who's just an old comics fan who also happens to like film, I've been one of the people involved in dissecting everything present in the DCEU films.

Isn't just tossing all of a genre's films into the same basket a bit unfair?

I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't exactly a huge fan of "Man of Steel" until I realized what Snyder and his team are doing with DC's IPs, and now I consider it and BvS among the best films in the(mind you, non-existent) "cape" genre. They're not exactly what one might call high art, but there's considerably more going on there than first meets the eye.
>>
>>70903073

We had an OK stretch of Cannes threads during the festival.
>>
>>70903620
Elitism is the only cure for the infantile degeneracy that is driving the white race towards extinction. Millions of adults are spending their time queuing up to see childrens cartoons as we speak. The only way to save society is to destroy the unsophisticated.
>>
/sp/ + /v/ + /pol/ = neo-/tv/

That's what happened.
old good /tv/ died when LOST ended
Now eveyrone's post-ironic and overly bitter. And capeshit wars are a sincere thing.
>>
>>70903620
Yeah. You're the lowest denominator I was referring to.
>>
File: Moltisanti_Thread_JPEG.jpg (338 KB, 580x822) Image search: [Google]
Moltisanti_Thread_JPEG.jpg
338 KB, 580x822
>>70903073
We still occasionally get Moltisanti Thread around here
>>
>>70903507
This, I've tried to start multiple conversations about some art house films and they all get capped easily, meanwhile capeshit threads max out and do got threads
>>
>>70903635
Because it won't get passed 6 replies anyway? You proabably wouldn't have even posted in it.

>>70903651
That's a shame.

>>70903638
Idk, I didn't have to hide or filter more than half the threads in the catalog back then.

>>70903620
It used to bother me too. But I'd take them back, at least they offer some recommendations. The film IQ on this board is pathetic nowadays.
>>
>>70903235
Bane meme is objectively great and is not to blame for the massive, bloated, unironic capeshit discussions.
>>
File: aristocrat.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
aristocrat.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>70903697
I'd agree with you if you were like pic related in real life, but you are probably typing about elitism on a chineese cartoon board while stuffing your face with doritos.

>>70903732
Failure.
>>
Even in the last month this board has gotten worse. Probably the summer posters to blame. Threads focusing on artistic merit and quality are difficult to keep alive. Yet threads revolving around tired memes and shilling seem to go on for ages.
>>
>>70903651
God /pol/ is fucking awful. I used to go there and read the news but now it's nothing but fucking bait posting.
>>
>>70903813
The fictional characters I am most like are Patrick Batement or Mads Mikkelson Hannibal Lecter, just to give you an idea of the genre of person you are dealing with.

I respect my mind and body.
>>
>>70903620
virgin bottom feeders manufacture elitism for one capeshit over another capeshit and try to wedge discussions of "artistic merit" into a genre that is, always has been and always will be popcorn flicks. what most people seem to be calling "elitism" is excluding capeshit/vidyagame and most other cash-fueled franchises from discussion of film as an art form.
>>
>>70903663
>but there's considerably more going on there than first meets the eye.

There's not. The difference between DC and Marvel is colour grading and number of jokes. That's it. It's all conveyer belt schlock. With zero artistic integrity, it exists solely to make producers and actors very rich.
>>
>>70903862
I swear, a good portion of the posters there suffer from a cocktail of schizophrenia and paranoiac disorders.
>>
File: 1362158980799.jpg (55 KB, 677x507) Image search: [Google]
1362158980799.jpg
55 KB, 677x507
>>70903073
So why not make a good thread instead of this one?
>>
>>70903784
It's sad stuff really.

Ppl shit on reddit all the time, and on /tv/ they used to have a good reason.

Film discussion on that site is very stagnant, so I used to come here because you could actually talk about movies beyond the scope of Hollywood.

Idk where those users went but now I actually do visit reddit if I want to read past what wikipedia has to offer.

Maybe I'll try making a weekly arthouse thread or something...
>>
What's with the BLACKED threads too?
Are they actually shills?
>>
>>70903906
Thinking about it.

See
>>70903920
>>
Be glad you missed out on /film/ OP

>>70903862
me too
I'd go to /news/ but its basically /pol/ conditioned.
>>
>>70903928
Sorry, my wife's son is the one who makes all those. I've told him to stop but he says his dad will beat me up when he gets out of prison.
>>
>>70903928
>/tv/ is proud pro-white board.
>our enemies use race mixing to attack us where it hurts
Not too hard to understand.
>>
>>70903663
If you unironically think any Snyder movie is well made, you're delusional.

Frankly, I highly doubt anyone on /tv/ actually likes his Superman attempts, it's just you've been contrarian for so long, you actually started to believe your shitposting.
>>
>>70903073
How about you open those threads instead of this meta crap? Good discussion is always possible on 4chin if you actively search for it. There's no stopping geek culture overflowing into the normie's world, i'm afraid.
>>
File: tfwnolucozade.png (169 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tfwnolucozade.png
169 KB, 500x281
we should make a /film/ board, what could go wrong?
>>
>>70903985
I think I'll try starting an arthouse general or recommendations thread every week. Be cool if it gained some traction.
>>
File: 1344962964247.jpg (321 KB, 923x1194) Image search: [Google]
1344962964247.jpg
321 KB, 923x1194
>>70903073

Oldfag here, too. This board pointed me to Let The Right One In and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo back when only the originals were out and the only way to get them was torrents. Now this place is a sewer.

I think the change goes back to when the party v& started paying attention to /b/ and all the irl shitdisturbing and Anonymous shens were making weekly headlines. mootles started enforcing the rules for once and a large chunk of the oldfags were repulsed by the influx of teenybopper newfags pointed here by the news reports. /b/ went from hackers on steroids who wrecked random victims' shit to gutless threads filled with "somebody should do something".

The kiddies came here, too, with the same results. The catalog at any moment can be summed up as Black Bond, Eternal GoT, Capeshit hate, Star Wars is shit now and Drive is autism. Old /tv/ had its bullshit like waifu threads and that one nutjob who'd post ten billion screenshots from Star Trek Voyager episodes but at least you didn't have to hunt to find interesting content. I rarely drop by anymore and when I do I feel like I wated my time. I haven't found a good film recommendation in here in years.
>>
I dont even watch tv I just come for the memes
>>
>>70903975
>/tv/ is a pro-whiteboard

You mean neo/tv/
>>
>>70903977
aren't the DCfriends just meming? Before capeshit Snyder was universally known as an hack who could only do AMV tier movies.

>>70904075
Do it senpai.
>>
>>70904077
>This board pointed me to Let The Right One In and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo back when only the originals were out and the only way to get them was torrents.
Literally babbies first foreign films. lmao. You are such a fucking pleb. The fact that they even got remakes in the first place cements them as the most entry level movies imaginable, and still you had to hear about them from a meme board on the internet.
>>
>>70904077
Yeah man. I'll check this board in the morning, get bored and go to /out/ or some place that actually focuses on its topic. Like I said, I'll try to make quality threads next time instead of this meta one, but I was genuinely curious.
>>
>>70904112
Neo-/tv/ is a leftist playground. All the good little cucked millennials hop over from /co/, /v/ and /mu/.
>>
>>70903888
I respectfully disagree. They've taken recognizable arcs from the comics and repurposed them to accomplish multiple things simultaneously. How the arcs are changed is integral to the plot, of course, but it's also got some rather unexpected social commentary to offer. Superman had to die. Why? Because only a sacrifice of that magnitude could elevate the pessimistic, "real" world of that universe into the sort of world where mythic heroes could live and breathe.

In other words, Superman died for our "sins," those sins being that by demanding gritty, "realistic" heroes, we deprived them of their nobility, their inspirational nature, and neutered any hope of profundity out of the lessons their tales can convey.

Just my two cents.
>>
>>70904275
>Neo-/tv/ is a leftist playground.
>he says as there are daily Ghostbusters/SJW bait/Twitter screencap threads
>>
Cross posters, mostly /pol/

The Old Guard is gone, I miss the Drive era so much.
>>
File: 213.png (451 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
213.png
451 KB, 1600x1200
>oldfag metathread has better discussion than all of this board combined
>>
I hate everyone that enjoys capeshit, they are worthless sub humans
>>
>>70903347
>E3 starts
>/tv/ slows down (threads actually last more than two hours after the last bump)
>E3 ends
>/tv/ goes back to threads dying after less than an hour
Merely a coincidence
>>
>>70904275
It's both. I'd say /pol/ is more militant tho and lefties usually react to their bait threads.

Honestly idc about either side I just wish film discussion could stay on topic.
>>
1. /q/

/q/fags were a vocal minority that ended up causing excessive moderation here which destroyed old /tv/ culture, most notably waifuthreads. With waifuthreads being almost totally removed and suppressed a lot of tripfags (who scared crossposters away) left. Also, like it or not tripfags played a huge role in old /tv/ culture and their departure also severely harmed old /tv/ culture.

2. Forced memes

/tv/ always had forced memes, but none of them had a wife appeal, they mostly just stayed on /tv/. But baneposting and many other forced memes had a wide-ranged appeal and attracted many crossposters, most notably from /v/, /b/, /pol/, and reddit.

With old /tv/ culture destroyed and a massive influx of crossposters, crossposters took over the board.

Old /tv/ posters were here because they were very into tv shows and movies (and waifus) so the quality and topics of discussions were higher. Crossposters however came here for multiple reasons, and since they came here not solely for their interest in television and film, their interests, tastes, opinions, and contributions to discussions are of lower quality. They are why GoT and capeshit are so popular. They all watch those, meanwhile most of them have probably never seen deadwood, the sopranos or even entry-level cinema staples like taxi driver.

The only way to save this board is to allow for the discussion of celebrities to hopefully bring back old /tv/ posters, and get rid of crossposters who think this place is nothing but waifus. To make a capeshit board to get rid of constant star wars and capeshit threads, and to also get rid of crossposters who are only here for memes and capeshit/star wars/GoT. Hopefully with those measures taken the GoT problem will be much less severe. The last thing to do is to be careful with the memes because as long as our memes become popular outside of /tv/ crossposters will always come here.
>>
>>70903073
I thought couple of months ago, but at least I could get some comfy Alien theads going. Now I can't get more than 20ish replies before the /v/ kiddies spam me into the archive with their unfunny memes.
>>
>>70904640
What you see as /pol/ is really just the authentic core of this board. And these people are brave heroes fighting against the degenerate hordes for a brighter tomorrow.
>>
/film/ board when? I swear 95% of all users here have not watched a film that isn't a superhero cgi-fest. You can't discuss anything with these children
>>
File: fedora.jpg (8 KB, 210x196) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
8 KB, 210x196
>>70903888
>>
>>70903628
this, /v/tards and their shitty taste ruined 4chan
>>
>>70904715
It's okay that you came here in the last two years for the memes Anon, I don't judge
>>
I'm really new and I always post on foreign movie threads, but they're rare. The worst thing about this board is when you try to start a film discussion and the following types of people appear: Someone who posts that pick that includes movies like: Noah, BvS, Spring Breakers and others that are nowhere the level of a really good movie.

There's also someone who copy pastes a random list of directors that no one knows about and he brags himself for having an elitist taste and is against any movie that any kind of normal person likes (there was a guy who didn't like There Will Be Blood because it was widely acclaimed, even though is a really good movie, but he can't accept it just because someone that he doesn't know likes it, That's culture jealosy at the biggest level, because someone who has this kind of logical reasoning will start to like Sandler's movies because no-one likes them and they're not pretentious at all).

And the worst type of people are the ones who find movies that don't have action boring, I've seen people in this threads saying that The Master and TWBB are boring (even though this movies are way faster than other art house movies).

That's the real people who ruin /tv/.
>>
File: autism speaks.png (3 KB, 284x115) Image search: [Google]
autism speaks.png
3 KB, 284x115
>>70904494
>>
>>70903073
>Old /tv/

Never existed. Like all of 4chan, nothing about it was ever good.
>>
>>70904715
Lol good one. What's the last movie you watched anon?
>>
>>70904685
*thought it was bad
>>
>>70903235
>tfw /co/ are the rapefugees

Pottery
>>
>>70904667
> t. tripfag in stealth mode
>>
>>70904755
There Will Be Blood is fucking pleb shit compared to Spring Breakers. Even Noah is better and I consider that movie to be an out and out joke of a film. PTA's films aren't "boring" enough. He has been pumping out video game schlock with a "new hollywood" "classic" verneer for his whole career. Don't fall for his pretend epics.
>>
>>70904667
Bring back cunny discussion and the triggered normies will leave
>>
>>70904667
This desu. The majority of got and capeshit threds are by actual ADULTS that still play videogames daily.
>>
File: 1436285970043.jpg (588 KB, 699x812) Image search: [Google]
1436285970043.jpg
588 KB, 699x812
Those were better times.
>>
>>70904872
haven't seen that in years
>>
>>70904810
Are there even anymore notable trips here anymore, the only one I can call off the top of my head is krager. I used to trip back in old /tv/ as alison briedbydjl, but I hardly ever come here anymore.
>>
>>70904751
>It's okay that you came here in the last two years for the memes Anon,
I've been here since 2009. I watched Avatar and came here to vent about how bad it was and never left.
>>
>>70904872
Back when people could unironically praise leftist shit like A.D, Whedon and The Wire and get away with it. This board was gotten far more "uncucked" since those days.
>>
>>70904918
Then it's a shame that you let the memes consume you.
>>
>>70904863
Give me a reasonable explanation why Spring Breakers is better than TWBB. Both movies deal with morality, but one is clearly better than the other (TWBB).
>>
>>70904717
/film/ already happened... for 2 hours. It can never exist because these capeshit manchildren are too insecure about others wanting to discuss anything but their shallow, deeply-commercialised bullshit.
>>
>>70904944
i'd prefer 100 wire threads over marvelshit and videogame threads
>>
>>70904863
>>70904976
As shitty as this convo seems (elitism and such), this is what /tv/ should be about. No politics, just fighting for what you support in a movie. Needs less buzzwords tho from the Korine lover.
>>
>>70903073
image.jpg

Uh-huh.
>>
Front page of this place right now excluding this thread

>forced meme
>/pol/ women director bait thread
>shitposting forced meme dubs thread
>reddit pepe movie tropes thread where the same tropes from the last thread are reposted again
>forced meme
>shitposting
>/pol/ shitposting thread
>/pol/ shitposting thread
>GoT cancer
>harry potter girls
>shitposting
>GoT cancer
>reddit draw a scene
>sgu thread
>>
File: 1.gif (1 MB, 285x212) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
1 MB, 285x212
>>70905079
>>
>>70905064
If anything this thread shows that mobile posters aren't as inherently bad as this board claims.
>>
>>70904976
>but one is clearly better than the other (TWBB).
Because it conforms to your traditional "quality" memes. PTA is more interested in building monuments to his own filmaking prowess than he is in exploring his themes. Ideas and characters are just window dressing in his films, PTA himself must always be the star attraction. Art should never be made to be appreciated. Spring Breakers is a pure non-ironic or self conscious embodiment of its themes. If PTA made that movie he'd spend the entire thing jerking himself off.

Cinema should not be made to be enjoyed. It should not be made to be respected. It should be pure uncompromized vision with zero regard for the viewer.
>>
>>70904077
Come to /wsr/. Tons of good recommendations for everything. It's like a reverse containment board, the quality posts that used to be in other boards are now drowned out are the main type of post over there other than the doxx requests.
>>
>>70905064
look you guys should quit it with all the image.jpg bullying, i mean i get that it's lazy not to come up with a clever filename but a filename isn't always necessary. sometimes ur on the go, gotta get it done quick so you bang it out and save image.jpg not some pun or intertextual meme reference
>>
>>70905038
>I'd prefer 100 of leftist shit thread type A over leftist shit thread type B or C.
>>
It's sad to see /tv/ go the same way as /r9k/.

r9k used to be my homeboard when it was created up until around 2013 when it became un-browseable. New users flooded the board too fast. They didn't care about assimilating. They didn't have a conception of 'board quality'. They had seen some nifty new 'meme' and considered the board as their personal dumping ground for spouting some trite internet joke.

/tv/ is going the same way. The board is being transformed into a full-time chatroom for shitposters whose rapid-fire meme spouting crowds everything else off the catalog. It's a vicious and unstoppable cycle because those meme posts only attract MORE users who see this board as a 'meme-board' and support the feedback loop.
>>
>>70905193
>cinema should be pure uncompromized vision with zero regard for the viewer
Then you wind up with a Warhol movie and we all know how shit those are.
>>
>>70905193
>Cinema should not be made to be enjoyed. It should not be made to be respected. It should be pure uncompromized vision with zero regard for the viewer.

Now this guy gets it.
>>
>>70905172
Almost all mobile posters are shit and mobile posting needs to be banned. The overwhelming majority of mobileposters are either banned so they use their mobile data connection to get around it or they don't want to get banned on their internet so they shitpost from their mobile data.
>>
>>70904724
Why does that get a fedora tip, you fucking mouthbreather? Fedoras don't care about art...they want to see their favorite superheroes beat each other up.

Fedoras are the ones who call even the most entry level of entry level pretentious.
>>
>>70905046
>No politics
Fuck off. Politics are intrinsically tied to art.
>>
>>70905234
at least the wire is well made
>>
>>70905234
Why do you see things through that filter? No one was talking about politics.
>>
>It's an "old 4chan was like this, new 4chan is like that" meme episode.

Nothing changed, candy-assgot
>>
File: 1465523211770.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465523211770.jpg
302 KB, 1920x1080
>>70903073
>Neo /tv/

it begins
>>
>>70905318
The only way you could possibly believe this is if you weren't there.
>>
>>70905301
If it's ideologically damaging then it doesn't matter how "well made" it is.
>>70905302
If you're talking about leftist content then you are implicitly talking about politics. The entire show is cast through a filter of leftism.
>>
>>70905262
I mobile post because I have a job.

>>70905266
And there's a board for that. You're just trying to get an argument out of someone so you can "redpill" them. Not actually interested in discussing the film itself.
>>
File: 1429451005241s.jpg (11 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
1429451005241s.jpg
11 KB, 250x248
If you don't like this place leave.

Yeah that's what i thought.
>>
>>70903073
Breaking Bad brought in Redditors and /b/ casuals
>>
>>70905386
>And there's a board for that.
This is a board and television for film. Politics in film and television fall under the spectrum of film and television discussion.

To depoliticize discussion is to render it asinine.
>>
>>70905386
The people who mobilepost because they're at work are far outnumbered by the people who mobilepost because they're banned or don't want to be banned for what they're posting. Their harm far outweighs the contributions from people who mobilepost for legitimate reasons. It's a necessary sacrifice if any board wants to see serious reduction in shitposting.
>>
>>70905375
>If you're talking about leftist content then you are implicitly talking about politics. The entire show is cast through a filter of leftism.

So discuss it on your board? Ppl here starting Wire threads want to talk about the characters, plot points, and technical aspects. They're not worried about your propaganda.
>>
It's /pol/. It's all /pol/
NIGGER NIGGERS WIFE SON CUK KEK SHITSKIN MUH IRONIC HITER NOTHING WRONG just ripped this place and half of 4chan with it wide open. It's something so repeated, so overused that it feels weird when it ain't there now which is fucking awful. It was obviously meant to be ironic and a joke at the beginning but people stated to think that 4chan was all about that to the point that posters just repeat the same jokes ovr and over again in an attempt to fit in the 4chan mind or whatever. It's why this shit only happens in the most popular boards. Go to /an/, /biz/ or /ck/ for example and find me someone that actually believes and spouts that shit nonstop
>>
>>70905515
>So discuss it on your board?
This is my board.
>Ppl here starting Wire threads want to talk about the characters, plot points, and technical aspects. They're not worried about your propaganda.
The Wire was a political statement first and foremost. David Simon would probably be pretty disappointed if after having watched his show all you wanted to talk about was plot mechanics, your favorite characters and the cinematography while completely ignoring the larger implications of what he was trying to say.
>>
File: 1363761260086.jpg (137 KB, 762x716) Image search: [Google]
1363761260086.jpg
137 KB, 762x716
BE, Mad Men, BrBa, and LOST ended.
True Detective was looking promising but it turned out to be a piece of shit, 2nd season also dragged it down.
Malick hasn't released shit, movies are mostly now bringing in the capeshit and franchise reboots. Nothing really else to talk about.
It really reflects media in general, we want the binge watching audience that'll grapple onto the reboots and cape movies.
I just want a show where I can watch with /tv/ again that was fun to do, I hate Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead and if that's the only thing we got, I'd rather just occasionally browse as I await a decent director's next movie to come out.
>>
>>70905542
We are in the middle of an attempted cultural genocide. If everybody was as willing to bury their head in the sand to politics as you are then the white race would be extinct by the end of the decade.
>>
>>70903620
>/mu/ is next.
/mu/ is already dominated by ape-hop and gook-pop. literally worse than capeshit.
>>
>>70905488
Fair enough.

>>70905460
There's politics in everything. It's normal to discuss it in movies, I understand. But this board is becoming pol2.0.

I just want to come here and discuss films, get recommendations, and not have to sift through all this political propaganda. I agree with /pol/ on a couple subjects and I'll visit that board when I want to discuss politics. But they've changed this board and made it very difficult (along with v and co) to stay on topic and actually discuss film.
>>
>>70905588
If you don't see how that view is more related to /pol/ than /tv/ then I'm not going to convince you, so have a good one. I believe you know what I am saying about this board, but you are being purposefully dense.
>>
File: SuperSolar.jpg (35 KB, 634x407) Image search: [Google]
SuperSolar.jpg
35 KB, 634x407
>>70905488
I occasionally mobilepost too, but I'd be willing to sacrifice that privilege in the interest of reducing ban evasion.
>>
If you take /tv/ remotely seriously I feel bad for you
>>
>>70905758
>i've been here since 2013 so I KNOW /tv/ is just for shitposting!
>>
>>70905706
I'm not being purposefully dense at all. You are being willfully ignorant. If you watch something like Show Me A Hero and then think political discussion is somehow not at home here then all you are doing is harboring the emptiest most surface level discussion of the topic possible. David Simon's work is overtly political, and even in shows that aren't overt in their politics, they are still a reflection of the political climate of the day and so discussion of these matters is still appropriate. Any work made by a human being is going to be informed by politics whether intentional or not.
>>
>>70905758
I'm not saying it's the only shining beacon in my life.

I just miss days when you could come here and find quality threads with good recommendations. It's like finding diamonds in a coal mine now.
>>
>>70905758
Freddie's gonna reveal your true identity
>>
>>70903235
Stopped lurking in 2014, came back this year.

There's a lot less pedo, body of work and waifu threads.
It's getting better
>>
>>70905632
Fuck you you retarde cocksucker. I want to talk about the pusher franchise but I can't keep a thread open since you are too busy posting about your retarded ideas about politics that absolutely no one outside of your little board of paranoid fucks cares about. No one gives a shit about a person skin. No ones gives a fuck about some idiots who think that they are magical dragons, womans or magical beings. Terrorism doesn't kill as much people as natural disasters and they won't do shit evern o matter how much you cram yourself over the idea. Old 4chan would just point at them for a minute, laugh and move on to the next thing. Why are you so hell bent on paying attention to that stupid dried up shit?
>>
I've been here since 2008 and it has always been shit. The only genuine difference I've noticed is that memeposting completely took over somwhere around 2012 after The Dark Knight Rises came out.

But the discussion was never high brow, it was never intelligent, there were always ignorant fucks, trolls, pretentious fuckheads etc. Pedos, waifu shit, Glauspam, Avatarspam and so on.
>>
>>70905838
>No one gives a shit about a person skin.
You're right. No one does. You're obviously very ignorant about racial conflicts. If you want to talk about your Refn fedoracore then go somewhere else. This board is above discussing movies.
>>
>>70903073
Honestly? It was gamergate.
>>
>>70905817
So you don't believe the political discussion on this board is excessive? Not even talking about The Wire specifically.

See
>>70905079

The worst authentic /tv/ used to worry about was pseudopatricans, but at least they offered recommendations.

There are ppl here who are genuinely interested in film and seeking a fast paced discussion you can't obtain on reddit. Not saying politics should be left out of /tv/, but it's very clear that /pol/ wants this board as their own because of their Jewish psyops conspiracies and it really diminishes the overall qulality of the board itself.
>>
>>70905828
I think there's being a pushback against blatant btoom-of-the-bottom-of-the-barrel shitposting on all boards. It's getting better.

Now if /pol/ could just stop being so self-righteous and going full activist spammer in every board like >>70905632 IO get you gusy believe strongly about your ideas and I'm fine with you guys having a placve to discuss but lefties aren't posting about police shootings or economic inequality or transgender rights in every single fucking board no matter what the topic is and they believe in that stuff as strongly as you believe in yours.
>>
>>70905758
It would be nice if this board wasn't completely counter-productive again.
>>
>>70905898
This board isn't "above" anything at this point. It's just /pol/ backwash.
>>
>>70905909
I wish I could argue that but it really emboldened /pol/.
I mean it's not like it was all that much better before but at least the shitposting was more diverse now it's just neonazism. They ethnically cleansed shitposting's diversity.
>>
>>70905961
>/pol/ wants this board
Stop this meme. I spend all day every day discussing anti-white jewish conspiracies in relation to film and television here for years now and I've never been to that board in my life.

I am also part of the authentic core of this board, and by seperating yourself from me, you reveal yourself to be a crossposter, at least in ideology if not in practice.

I am this board. I used to discuss film and televison on a surface level like you want everybody to, moved into irony and back out of it and now I have evolved and become a beautiful hero fighting in a very real cultural war. I have spent 7 years devoted to this board, my entire adult life. I am the white warrior and I am a product of /tv/ and /tv/ only. /pol/ doesn't even enter into the conversation.
>>
>>70905618
surprisingly adept anon
>>
>>70906170
He implied that Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire were good television rather than video game trash so IDK.
>>
>>70905260
(You)

>>70905193
You have pre-definitions of art, which means you already have an stratificated opinion of the art form something that must be open so the viewer can experience the creator's vision/story/themes. You still didn't give me a reason why Spring Breakers is better than TWBB, yet you give a statement that Spring Breakers is not ironic (girls literally doing 2 heists with bikinis, girls simulating gay oral sex with guns) both are examples of ironies, they made an over the top situation to denounce promiscuity, even Franco admited it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohZ4fHRsTPw

I agree it's a self conscious film, but so does is TWBB.

I don't get why you criticize irony while it's used by many great writers in literature and can be used as well in cinema.

By your definition of cinema, the director should always try to fuck with the viewer, so do you think Guinea Pigs>TWBB and Spring Breakers? A gore movie with zero regard for the viewer is better than a well constructed movie that has various themes and ideas in harmony with a good plot and characters presented in a beautiful way through a camera? If you truly believe in that, I say we shall not have further discussions and agree to disagree, because we have antagonist opinions.
>>
>>70906134
You're like some weird pseudopatrican /pol/ hybrid. All of the /pol/lution with a savior complex but none of the productive film discussion.
>>
>>70906278
The quality of the shows mentioned is certainly up for debate, but the overall sentiment holds water
>>
>>70903750
Watch it, Anon
>>
>>70906134
your mother must be proud
>>
>>70906284
>Spring Breakers is not ironic (girls literally doing 2 heists with bikinis, girls simulating gay oral sex with guns) both are examples of ironies,
Spring Breakers is post ironic. This content is delivered with complete sincerity.

>well constructed movie that has various themes and ideas in harmony with a good plot and characters presented in a beautiful way through a camera?
An appealing involving narrative (what is usually considered "good" and visual beauty and pro-degenerate cinema traits.) People don't deserve to feel "good" on any level. Be that aesthetic pleasures of the pleasures of storytelling. We live in an evil degenerate society, to provide them with even a shred of pleasure (that isn't ultimately turned on it's head and used as a weapon against them) is enabling the sickness.

Any media made to "please" is disgusting. It's no different to a video game.
>>
>>70906297
>patrican
You scream /v/eddit anti-intellectualism. Elitism is something that you should strive towards. Without it we are pigs writhing in filth and the filth of the day is the video game capeshit.
>>
>>70903073
A year or 2 ago moot fucked with /pol/ during the cuckening and after that they never really left. Combine that with BANE? attracting redditors who share the same ideology as /pol/ (lol at every fucker saying its some sort of leftist hivemind and not just a contrarian strawman) and its been race baiting and capeshit ever since.
>>
>>70903901
Do you swear??
>>
>>70906578
>lol at every fucker saying its some sort of leftist hivemind and not just a contrarian strawman
Reddit = normie leftist extremists.
4chan = red pilled right wing white warriors.
>>
>>70903073
>Explain yourselves /tv/.
Every single thread that has anything that's non-PC in it gets deleted, so naturally anyone who is intellectually capable of serious subjects just stopped posting serious posts a long time ago (or shitposting to piss in the ocean). Meanwhile, what's not getting deleted are SJW threads, capeshit threads, nigger cock/cuck/whatever trolling, etc.

So yeah, ask the people running the show why they want it like this.
>>
>>70906578
The cuckening came about due to gamergate. /pol/ was already going full activist before moot fucked with them.
>>
>>70906578
>its been race baiting and capeshit
As a /pol/tard, this is not something that anyone who shares our ideology posts. This is either SJW trolling/falseflagging, or third party bullshit. It's equally annoying to see that to me as it is to you.
>>
>>70906558
I said pseudopatricans were actually good compared to what we have to deal with now. I would gladly trade them for /pol9k/

Do you guys not say patrician around here anymore?
>>
>>70906703
Also I would like you to ask yourself who exactly, ideologically, are the rampant indiscriminate hyperconsumers that are wanted by the modern market. Because it sure as hell isn't me or anyone like me.
>>
>>70906614
>warriors

They seem too sexually frustrated to be warriors.
>>
>>70906133
No, funny enough it was /v/. /v/ had a massive bitch fit and dragged /pol/ into it. Then they started blaming mods for shutting them up. Then that crippled faggot made the other chan and took a chunk of /v/ and /pol/ with him. Everyone that stayed were bitter and it bled into the other threads. Then moot Blacked /pol/ and it was all over from then.
>>
>>70906790
Most of the serious among us have long since transcended sexuality and are laser focused on the destruction of this leftist normie "cuck" culture.
>>
File: 1445283096153.png (62 KB, 1881x449) Image search: [Google]
1445283096153.png
62 KB, 1881x449
baneposting happened
>>
>>70903073

I get the impression that the entire internet's quality was lowered dramatically around 2011 when smartphones got popular and any normie could browse the internet all day long now

>sees image.jpg in OP

oh...
>>
>>70905193

Ahhh you're so assblasted right now. What PTA refuse to a picture with you ot some shit?
>>
>>70906503
>Spring Breakers is post ironic. This content is delivered with complete sincerity.

Post-ironic? That doesn't even make sense.

>An appealing involving narrative (what is usually considered "good" and visual beauty and pro-degenerate cinema traits.) People don't deserve to feel "good" on any level. Be that aesthetic pleasures of the pleasures of storytelling. We live in an evil degenerate society, to provide them with even a shred of pleasure (that isn't ultimately turned on it's head and used as a weapon against them) is enabling the sickness.

You didn't answer my question, but I'll ignore it. As much as I don't like the society you're basically doing a critic to the ephemerous emotions, but the greeks said that true art is the one that can make you have an epiphany and elevate your opinions having a permanent emotion towards that work. I agree with them, and TWBB is a movie that I've seen for more than a year and it still matters to me like a few others. The arguments I've made were not made to please, but to last, it's different.
>>
/v/ and we got a janitor that came to this site literally just for the game of thrones general
>>
>>70906971
PTA is part of the movement that legitimized the cinematic "video game".
>>
>>
>>70906848
Cringed
>>
File: 1460044814257.png (5 KB, 365x241) Image search: [Google]
1460044814257.png
5 KB, 365x241
>>70903073
People from more juvenile boards growing up and move to this board, which has become a main producer of memes in the last few years and has served as a sort of Purgatory for people who will either take a blue pill and head for Reddit or a red pill and suffer on /pol/, or perhaps some other pill and got to /lit/, /his/ or /sci/, /g/ or something.

If you're a former regular browser of /v/, /co/, or /a/ i'm sure you know of the regular pessimism that has been and continues to occur within the boards of things being shit and users generally hating on the hobbies because of stagnation or simply outgrowing them altogether, so they come here looking for greener pastures and either find them or move somewhere else.

The bulk of the 4chan userbase doubtless 6-7 years ago was late teens early twenties majorly and the biggest boards then were /a/ and /v/ and now are in mid to late twenties and those users have now moved on from those boards and now other boards are equal or more popular than /a/ or /v/ because of this. Anyway this is all just generally what I see is happening and others may see it different, but I generally browse most boards and haven't seen any new fresh memes come out of /a/ or /v/ for a long time now and can only guess it's because of a deprecated userbase.
>>
>>70906825
It was both. It was a shitshow and things are just starting to go back to normal now, and it's been years.
>>
File: mjajTODJ.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mjajTODJ.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>70906614
>Reddit = normie leftist extremists.
>>
>>70907127
/a/ is still good I think, it has just changed and there are still memes. just maybe not as site-wide popular as before. I don't think /a/ can really become deprecated, ultimately I think anime is what makes the backbone of this site.
>>
>>70907002
Which part of post-irony are you having trouble with?
>You didn't answer my question
I forget your question, but no matter how much skill and craft goes into making something that pleases an audience, any work that effectively antagonizes them will always have more artistic merit. To last through pro-aesthetic means is not a postive thing. By your description There Will Be Blood is the capeshit that just keeps on giving. A work that pats the criminal audiences on the head and then is disposed is less culturally destructive than a work that continues to pat the audiences on the head for decades.

Shit like Tarantino and Star Wars has lasted and I wish it hadn't because mainstream cinema never recovered.
>>
/tv/ died the day moot banned the oval. why did he even do that anyway? what a faggot.
>>
>>70907234
>any work that effectively antagonizes them will always have more artistic merit.
I bet you're epileptic and your favorite film is The Flicker.
>>
>>70903845
>Even in the last month this board has gotten worse. Probably the summer posters to blame
Actually its our new janitor
>>
>>70907002
>TWBB is a movie that I've seen for more than a year and it still matters to me like a few others. The arguments I've made were not made to please, but to last, it's different.
TWWB is only artificially made to last. It's a pretend "classic". PTA identified the attributes common in other films that "lasted" and then made a film that ticked all those boxes. He is the Tarantino of the American "masterpiece". Meaning he's just another hack regurgitating "quality" memes. PTA will have no impact on cinema because he was contributed nothing new. The best he can hope for is that people will use his unoriginal technical prowess as a stepping stone to better directors.
>>
>>70907456
>PTA identified the attributes common in other films that "lasted" and then made a film that ticked all those boxes.
Explain.
>>
>>70905632
Please elaborate. I'm interested on your theory, seriously.
>>
>>70907337
Its a good thing he did
That annie fucking pleb showed his true colors
>>
>>70904518
>threads are 404ing after 40 minutes now
its true
>>
>>70907492
He looked to the most celebrated American film makers and then copy and pasted them into the ultimate masterpiece. Some Kubrick, Lean, Scorcese, Altman. This is the curse of the generation who "went to movies". There is no insanity to his work. No flesh stripped from his bones. He is content to take what he likes and then put it on the screen. Classy Tarantino. Cinematic ignorance is the only way to find anything revelatory in PTA's work. I could never take the art of a man who has never killed seriously. It's all second hand to him.
>>
>>70903396
>/pol/ threads
If you had half a brain, you'd realize that all of the "SJW"/gender/race crap bledover from fucking /v/, because they have a hardon for such a thing.

More cartoon stuff bleed over also due to /v/. You'd see this started mostly in 2014; more accidental /v/ crossposting, more intentional crossposting, more "what if __ was a movie" or "warcraft/etc" that are coming up.

/sp/ moved in here in 2012; as early as 2011ish due to Big Brother threads "outlawed" due to "poor mean /sp/ mods" that numerous posted have admitted (back then, not now, before revisionist history newfriends attempt to dissuade), and never left. They use memes to the extreme;, this is their Facebook, they don't care if they piss and shit in the same place they eat.

That's why you see half of this board is spam, also the moderation simply cannot keep up with the massive amount of spam unless you actually send reports. Even then, there seems to be some sort of favoritism with this "fourth round" of moderation (for /tv/, since its inception). They delete shit that should be deleted asap (cunny shit, shrek/just/bane [which took forever for them to get on too, the latter memes]), but some things take an awfully long time to delete, like /sp/ blacked threads.

Stay new.
>>
>>70907171
That Reddit board is actually very buried and most of the site wants the board removed outright. You never ever see it on the front page or anything and always see Sanders for President shit shilled.
>>
>>70907836
>Actually goes to reddit.
Leftist go home.
>>
>>70907750
this.
>>
>>70907695
Funny how you forget to mention Ophuls who PTA has said has had the most influence on his visual style after Altman and Kubrick. Or maybe you're just shitposting.
>>
>>70907695
Every work you do is inspired in another, Kubrick's movies are inspired in other movies so does Lean's and every other filmmaker. Tarantino rips off the movies, so does Iñárritu, but PTA is different by a large margin.

>>70907234
I'm not saying that lasts in popular culture, but in the viewer's mind, it's totally different. Good books have lasted both on audience's mind and on the popular culture, take Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky as an example.

And I don't know what post-irony means, I didn't even know it existed as a word.
>>
>>70907750
>race crap
I can't imagine how much delusion it would take to write off the legitimate genetic flaws of the bad races as "race crap" when so much evidence is in your face here every day. Sad part is you're acting like a little cowardly cuck right now but in a while you'll get curious and read the hard facts, see that everything the "shitposters" told you was actually objectively correct and then you will be in exactly the same position as I am right now.
>>
>>70907976
I'm pretty convinced he's shitposting, his arguments don't have any logic.
>>
Look at all the garbage up right now whilst he babysits the fucking game of thrones general
Our janitor needs to be dropped ASAP
>>
/tv/ was never good, back in 2011 it was still a bunch of breaking bad threads and angry pedophiles
>>
>>70907836
>That Reddit board is actually very buried
It has 150,000 users.
>>
>>70907978
Every second that the work of PTA lasts in your mind is another second that you are trapped in pro-enjoyment video game bondage. Every time you think of him or his movies further cements PTA's victory in his war against art.

>And I don't know what post-irony means, I didn't even know it existed as a word.
Then you are obviously very juvenile about art. Once your sophistication grows you'll see PTA's work for the "entertainment" it is.
>>
>this thread hasn't been deleted yet
huh
mr janny must think its an epic meme one
>>
I literally only come here for the occasional MitM threads
>>
File: dank.png (153 KB, 683x291) Image search: [Google]
dank.png
153 KB, 683x291
/tv/ is dead
Bury it
Consider this memey
>>
I WANT POOPIES

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS SIAMS ISREDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS ISMAE ASIAIS POPPPPPFPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

BLACKS ARE INFEIOR BEAUTIFUL GOLDEN BOY SHINING WHITE WARRIOR

PTA POOP MAN PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT REDDIT MEMEMMEMEMEMEMMEMEMETHIS IS REDDIT HTIS IS MEMES

ARE YOU WEARING MAKE UP?

ARE YOU WEARING MAKE UP

RED LIPS

RED LIPS

FLOPPY DICK
WHY YOU GO SOFT

MEME TIME PFFFFFFFFFFFFRTTTTTTTTT
>>
Things change over time
>>
>>70903073
>2011 /tv/
>No mention of sweety feet

Impostor!
>>
>>70908355
yeah same as what you said
>>
>>70908393
Profound, truly.
>>
DUDE HOT FUNNE CHIX U WUOLD FUCK XD I DO RELATE SJW
RL LE GENERICDUFESMILE KEKXUCKKEK
EPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO XD

PAJERRTR TSDXDD I READ IT ON REDDlT AND I WAS LIKE
AGHBUSHLAHAHHDWAHLDAHHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAH SA AWHATAFUCK LIKE

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL FUKFUKFUKFUKFUK I CLOUNDT STOP LAUHG LIKE

KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKEKEKEEEEEEEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKKE XDDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDX UPBOATED XDDD!!! !!!

HUEHEUEHEUHEHEUHHUEHUEUEHUEHEUEHUEHUEHEUHEHUEHU MOR LIK XDGAY INDIA FORUM AMIRTITED BECUZ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA POODIANS
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHENE U POST ABUT WINDO ON 4CHAN AND THEY KNOW ITS PRATELLL I WAS LIKE SMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TQWBHQW I SUBSCRIB TO ALL THE BEST UTUBERS
ECELEBS...

...LIKE TO SEE 4CHNA MEANS OUTSIDE 4CHAN U CAN REFREMCE MEMES YOU SEE LIKE A CLUB OUTSUDE 4HAN

SHITYSHITYYTSHITTYHISOYTHRIRSDHSDIHYTIYIYYHDSIHISHSIS S SHSIRHD A
DAHAHHAHAH SDIEDOIIGNATYED ANXITASDDFRTFIS DDD$WESGISNATED SAHSITRES TSTREETS SLIKE ITLER DIDS NIFUFFIN WORNG (SAW THIS ON SUBTRESDDIT SIM OGHINT TO HELEL 4 THIS ZX CD NIGGGA GNIGA NGIANGFNA LDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO> CNA TMAKE UTP AHWOW F DDO W
CDI DSPREHSFICASL

>TFW U TEITTER BYFO A AKEKKEKOKEK WHITERMALE

(ITS AN SEPIC 9GAAG AROW MEEEEEEEEEM LIKE LE GREEEN FOROG MAN WEHIO ELXE

HERE FROM IFNUNY SMAHS DAWT MUTHCAGUFKIN BOI (OH DEFECATION SIR, WHAT IS CURRENTLY IN THE UPWATRDS DIRECTION) LEIK CO MMENR

TANDS FGIUBSCRIBW#E IF YUOU AGRES WITH ME ELCELEBS ELCELBS LIKE BANE? WHAT DID HE MEAM BY THIS?
>IMAGE.JOG
WHAT HE MEME BY THIS ?
YOU SEE ETC ETC
>>
>>70908160
You still haven't made a decent argument about how his movies are bad. You just compare them to video-games and say they are ephemerous.

I've wikipedia'd post ironic and it doesn't make sense that Spring Breakers can fill this category. The movie gets coherent with it's progress unlike Starship Troopers where it's characteristic lasts, and saying that something is post-ironic is basically denying the movies failures.
>>
File: fedora x 4.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fedora x 4.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>70903235
;)
>>
At least the Twin Peaks threads will be good when it comes back on
>>
>>70908593
Yeah just like the x file threads were
>>
>>70908514
PTA's movies are bad because they please audiences and he is reprehensible as an artist because he makes these audience pleasing movies on purpose.

You don't understand post irony. Starship Troopers is pure irony. Spring Breakers finds true sincerity in the ironic framework.
>>
>>70908593
Twin Peaks has been a reddit show for years and I am going to be there in every thread letting every person know that.

Watch real Lynch. Not his capeshit, and certainly not his capeshit cash in.
>>
so what happened with /film/
>>
>>70908806
swaglord opened it early and made sure to link [s4s] first
as the idea of the people that rejected him when he first came to /tv/ getting the board they always wanted made him upset as fuck
>>
>>70903793
It was good in it's first days until the Reddit raid.
>>
>>70909038
Who is swaglord
>>
>>70903663
You're the cancer that has ruined /tv/.
>>
>>70908686
>PTA's movies are bad because they please audiences and he is reprehensible as an artist because he makes these audience pleasing movies on purpose.

"As much as I don't like the society you're basically doing a critic to the ephemerous emotions, but the greeks said that true art is the one that can make you have an epiphany and elevate your opinions having a permanent emotion towards that work. I agree with them, and TWBB is a movie that I've seen for more than a year and it still matters to me like a few others."

"I'm not saying that lasts in popular culture, but in the viewer's mind, it's totally different. Good books have lasted both on audience's mind and on the popular culture, take Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky as an example."

>>70908686
I disagree, ST is an irony of America's militarism and the movie is shoot in a bad way to make fun of the characters motivations on purpose. While SB has moments where the "irony" that you think it exists is completely shut-down, specially when Selena Gomes and Korine's wife go back to college. Korine does an credible environment to explicit some problems of this generation.
>>
>>70904358
Yeah, keep believing the pic you wasted so many hours to make.
>>
File: 1443685358759.png (272 KB, 486x521) Image search: [Google]
1443685358759.png
272 KB, 486x521
>>70909160
invisibro
>>
>>70908718
So you're going to turn every Twin Peaks thread into pointless shitposting? Wow, you're really helping this board. :^)

If you want to be a real help go shit up capeshit threads. Capeshitters are the biggest cancer.
>>
File: 1465947832840.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1465947832840.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>70903073
The dark knight rises happened. That was the turning point of this board.

I remember how slow and comfy /tv/ was, it was regarded as one of the best boards because we rejected /pol/ shit and tumblr shit.
>>
>>70909275
He looks like he'd do that.
>>
>>70909275
Damn he's a cutie
>>
>>70905257
Old /r9k/ was old /b/, it never was good, it has always been a containment board.
>>
>>70909170
>ST is an irony of America's militarism and the movie is shoot in a bad way to make fun of the characters motivations on purpose
Which is why it is not post-ironic. It is an exercise is irony and therefore contributing to the death of cinema.
>While SB has moments where the "irony" that you think it exists is completely shut-down,
Spring Breakers brings out the real emotional sincerity in a "seemingly" ironic and "over the top" satiricial narrative framework.
>>
File: 1356140264786.jpg (176 KB, 830x756) Image search: [Google]
1356140264786.jpg
176 KB, 830x756
>>70909361
he would and can get away with it since hes moots boyfriend
>>70909406
hes a dumb weed addict
>>
>>70909298
Since reddit co-option Twin Peaks literally is capeshit.
>shitposting
It's called fighting for artistic authenticity.
>>
>>70909507
>reddit co-option Twin Peaks
Months ago you or some other dumb faggot accused Twin Peaks of being "reddit" so I decided to check the Twin Peaks subreddit and it was a ghost town. Twin Peaks receives far more discussion on here than reddit. It's a /tv/ show, not a reddit show. Now stop being such a tryhard faggot and go fight the capeshit cancer.
>>
>>70909505
Dafoe?
>>
>>70909641
I don't know or care about what the fucking subreddit is about. What matters is that the show is reddit in sensibility now and so must be destroyed. People in those threads here actually like the show and talk about it positively without disruption, it is in short a circle jerk so they are part of the reddit sensibility normie crossposter menace. This along, with the fact that the show was available on Netflix for millennial consumption cements it as a reddit show.

If you like Twin Peaks you don't like Lynch. You just like "LE EPIN EMME SHOWW SDAPILBKJVCKJ\ZHI 3W
>>
>>70909766
cry more faggot. Christ you sound like the show raped you or something
>>
>>70903073
The Tripfagdämmerung happened.
>>
>>70909429
No it wasn't.

Old /r9k/ had elements of /sci/, /his/, /lit/, & /adv/. It was the defacto 'smart' board.
>>
>>70903431
So are you
>>
>>70909828
Pretty much. I moved to /lit/ now to discuss anything that requires 80+ IQ, I recommend the same.
>>
>>70909783
It's the most normie tier work from a great auteur and the millennial blow up is imminent, it must be destroyed before it catches fire. This isn't the place to talk about how much you like television. In fact if there are even any shows you still like at all then you are too young/reddit/cuck to be here. I am literally incapable of enjoying media and that is a positive thing. I've been punching my metal desk while typing this post so hard that my hand is bleeding, you make me so mad normoick sd,sk

I am devoted and honorable. everything this boar dhsould aspite to. I crush the cucks.
>>
File: 1437352910681.jpg (28 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1437352910681.jpg
28 KB, 499x499
>>70909766
>>
File: G91YWL1.jpg (49 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
G91YWL1.jpg
49 KB, 500x386
>>70909887
keep up the good work
>>
File: 1438545727394.jpg (21 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1438545727394.jpg
21 KB, 600x400
>>70903651
This

>>70904494
People might call you "edgy", but I agree. Capeshit has had a horrible effect on the film industry.

>>70905758
There were many threads in the catalog that could be taken seriously for many years. That is until people like you arrived in mass.

>>70905828
All that says is that the Janitors are doing a better job. It's not reflective of the "TV communty" who now fill the board with nothing but Capeshit and Game of Medieval Capeshit.

>>70908350
This image is relevant to the entire site. 4chan is just a place where browsers of other sites/forums come for some jokes. They care about the sites they're from and use this place as a dump for their tasteless humor.

>>70903635
>>70903906
>>70903970
>>70904724
>>70904762
>>70904764
>>70905388
>>70905758
>>70906410
>>70906609
>>70906614
>>70906790
>>70907076
>>70907171
>>70908355
>>70908393
>>70908475
>>70908461
>>70908519
>>70903663
>>70909915
This thread is about all of you. Thanks for your contribution to this board and the rest of 4chan.
>>
File: homer2.jpg (8 KB, 221x251) Image search: [Google]
homer2.jpg
8 KB, 221x251
>>70909949
>>
>>70909890
This. No matter how much people will try to bring great discussions here, it'll be moot since the board has evolved beyond saving. Hell even making a new board dedicated to pure film discussion failed and will probably never see the light of day again.
>>
>>70903347
Why does /v/ get so upset when they're called out? I've never seen any other board do that
>>
File: 1379682016781.jpg (51 KB, 840x672) Image search: [Google]
1379682016781.jpg
51 KB, 840x672
What if all of you get some real friends of a gf to talk about films and movies, leave this place for good and be happy on your own? Oh yeah you can't because you have the social skills of a rock.

>>70909949
Kek
>>
>>70910093
The only reason it failed was because it didn't have any mods watching it like all other boards do when they open up
>>
>>70910109
You first, /v/friend
https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/1379682016781.jpg/
>>
>>70909950
Could you explain the cultural ramifications of capeshit on movies?
>>
>>70910122
It was never "open" to begin with. Some scripfag found out about it and found a loophole in.
>>
Last time I came here was in 2010. What happened to Abatap?

>>70904275
/pol/niggers are truly the refugees of 4chan, bringing their shitty board culture (KEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEK) everywhere and expect every other board to lap it up, otherwise they cry about how they are persecuted and oppressed or some shit
>>
>>70910155
You are on the brink of extinction and you still get mad about the people warning you of the danger rather than the people who are literally genociding your race.
>>
>>70910155
See >>70907750
>>
File: 1464827832921.png (101 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
1464827832921.png
101 KB, 440x440
>>70903073

/pol/ happened. Reddit happened. Underages happened. Gamer Gate happened.

Fanatics from either side of the spectrum seeped into this paradise and turned it into shit.

Donald Trump sparked our fears, Bernie Sanders made us doubt, and Hilary made us cringe.

Generation K took a bat over the head and now we've turned into the SJWs we mocked.

The golden age of 4chan is over.
>>
>>70910139
This is so autistic I don't know what the fuck you're trying to say.
>>
>>70910235
See >>70903347
>>
>>70910193
This, too bee honest
>>
>/tv/ was always shit!
Why do people that started posting in 2014 and 2015 keep saying this?
>>
4chan has and always will be shit.
You just don't realize how shitty it is until you leave and come back.
It's a shitty home, but it's home none the less.
>>
>>70903073
Basically /pol/ happened
>>
>>70903073
>>70903235
>>70903396
>>70903651
>>70904400
>>70904667

/vp/ anon here.

You think your board is unsalvageable? You think that the old ways are gone? There seems enough people here making a stand that you can get something going.

You need to fight for your board. That's what we did when our board was in a heap of shit. You need to make threads and you need to work to make good threads. You see good threads, you bump them, you fight for them. You do not go softly into that dark night. You fight to make your board a place to be proud of. You do not sit and ignore the good threads out of apathy, you fight for the good of your board and you do not stop.

You can do this.
>>
>>70910324
>>70910356
>>
>>70906134

you may have autidsm
>>
>>70909783
>>70910387
I agree.

I'm going to start making arthouse generals this week.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.