[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we ever get a good Ayn Rand movie? I fucking loved Atlas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160615_084131.jpg (53 KB, 299x364) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160615_084131.jpg
53 KB, 299x364
Will we ever get a good Ayn Rand movie? I fucking loved Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism is god tier ideology, but the movie of Atlas Shrugged sucked.
>>
>>70849432
*tips fedora*
>>
>She sat listening to the music. It was a symphony of triumph. The notes flowed up, they spoke of rising and they were the rising itself, they were the essence and the form of upward motion, they seemed to embody every human act and thought that had ascent as its motive. It was a sunburst of sound, breaking out of hiding and spreading open. It had the freedom of release and the tension of purpose. It swept space clean, and left nothing but the joy of an unobstructed effort. Only a faint echo within the sounds spoke of that from which the music had escaped, but spoke in laughing astonishment at the discovery that there was no ugliness or pain, and there never had to be. It was the song of an immense deliverance.
I think that this is great writing. Why does everyone say that Ayn Rand is not a good writer?
>>
>>70849432
>I fucking loved Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism is god tier ideology
These are the people we share a board with. Let that sink in for a moment.
>>
>>70849432
It's pretty rare for bad books to get turned into good movies, but it's not totally unheard of. The Godfather, for example. So keep your fingers crossed.
>>
>>70849432
Have you seen King Vidor's The Fountainhead?
>>
>>70849484
Because most people haven't read her.
>>
>>70849432
this thread doesn't look exactly like i thought it would
although maybe there's still time for you to catch all the expected fish nomsayin
>>70849602
also this
identity fronting as per usual
>>
>>70849544
Is he objectively wrong tho?
>>
I'll bet OP is gonna vote for Donald Trump.
>>
>Will we ever get a good Ayn Rand movie?
well Zack Snyder is gonna direct a fountainhead movie, so no you will not be getting a good Ayn Rand movie anytime soon.
>>
>>70849432
>I fucking loved Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism is god tier ideology
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Holy shit haven't laughed this hard in a while, Thanks Reddit!
>>
File: 56445.jpg (10 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
56445.jpg
10 KB, 200x237
>>70849432
>objectivism
>highly dogmatic
>god tier ideology
>>
>>70849569
Kek
>>
>>70849484
it's stilted and overwritten
I'd suspect a much better artistic and prosodic result would come of explaining how the notes embodied every human act rather than the blunt stingy statement that they seemed to do so
>>
>>70849432
the Incredibles
>>
>>70849484
Read the Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
>>
>>70849484
idk man, that looks like some shitty prose to me
>>
>>70849882
this
it's no wonder the book is so fucking big
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 373x521) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 373x521
>>70849432
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.