[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kirk or Picard TOS or TNG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 347x145) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 347x145
Kirk or Picard
TOS or TNG
>>
I'm not putting the two against each other, both were entertaining. But lets put them in context to today's audience. Kirk shagged his way around the universe, living his life recklessly and often at the expense of many many others. That's fine. Picard the diplomat and succeeded at resolving matters peacefully until the borg came along and he lost badly. And so he would be absolutely savaged by /the_donald for example for being a leftist cuck. He never approached aliens with shields up and weapons drawn and frequently dismissed the advice of his head of security who always advocated an offence is a good defense ideal. Yeah Picard who be trash talked on twitter and celebrated in the guardian. Tel me I'm wrong
>>
>>70841386
Picard > Kirk but TOS > TNG
>>
>MEME OR MEME

epic
>>
TOS>TNG

Kirk and Picard are equal in my opinion.

I like Sisko too, but only after he a shaved his head.
>>
I like TOS better, and Picard as a Captain better. The best crew overall is TOS crew.

Only Trek I've never seen is Enterprise, why is it so universally despised?
>>
>>70841838
Enterprise isn't liked mostly because it squandered the premise. It could have gone a lot more into building humanity's interstellar reputation and forming the Federation but the early episodes are stupid shit like "how will the crew selected from the best of the best humanity has to offer deal with their mounting sexual tension?" and the later episodes where about their stupid 9/11 inspired Xindi/Temporal Cold war bullshit.
>>
>>70841838
Enterprise followed the grand Star Trek tradition of not being very good the first few seasons, then only lasted those first few seasons.
>>
>>70841386
obvi the best choice is cap. cisco
>>
TNG > TOS

Picard >> all
>>
>>70841386

Kirk if you need the galaxy saved and the bad guys blown up, Picard if you need a diplomatic solution where everyone feels like they won.
>>
>>70841838
Be honest you started watching Trek because of BBT, right?
>>
File: best captain.gif (2 MB, 400x301) Image search: [Google]
best captain.gif
2 MB, 400x301
>>70842849

DS9 fags can't even spell his name.

>WE WUZ DEFIANT
>>
>>70842941
>DS9 fags
Why would you choose to be rude like that? Star Trek threads are about all us friends of the franchise coming together in peace, love and understanding. Get with the program, my friend.
>>
>>70842941
>best murderous tyrant

On another note, why the FUCK does anyone allow the Betazoids to live. They look exactly like everyone else but are fuckign telepaths. They could infiltrate the highest levels of government and no one would ever be the wiser. They could already have complete control of Federation politica and their cabal would be undetectable.

DO NOT SUFFER THE BETAZOID TO LIVE.
>>
File: Chekov wants you to obey.jpg (32 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Chekov wants you to obey.jpg
32 KB, 1024x576
>>70843032
Betazed is mother, Betazed is father.
>>
>>70842923
No, in fact I hate BBT. My dad grew up loving TOS and passed it on to me. I watched TNG regularly in reruns. Just now rewatching it from the beginning thanks to Netflix/Blurays
>>
File: GayNerdQuip.jpg (11 KB, 281x300) Image search: [Google]
GayNerdQuip.jpg
11 KB, 281x300
>>70842124
never heard it this succinctly put before. also, quite the solid burn as well.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.