[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 5 seconds to explain why this based gem of a show isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: carnies.jpg (381 KB, 1292x735) Image search: [Google]
carnies.jpg
381 KB, 1292x735
You have 5 seconds to explain why this based gem of a show isn't on your GOAT list.
>litteraly HBO's best show
Why no love for perfect based superior patrician Carnivale? I've heard that some people consider it too slow/boring but come the fuck on. Most of these people will defend House of Cards and Boardwalk Empire which are litteral borefests. Also Carnivale general I guess.
>>
File: kurgan.jpg (20 KB, 560x304) Image search: [Google]
kurgan.jpg
20 KB, 560x304
>>70787331
>>
>>70787331
But it is. It's on the same level as TD S01 imo i.e. top tier HBO. Never really understood how it was considered boring either. The reason it doesn't get as much praise as it should around here is because most fa/tv/irgins are plebs who would rather gabagool and rave about
>muh depth
>muh "cinematography" (btw, stop misusing the word)
>muh "layered characterization" (whatever the fuck that means)
than watch a show with an actual plot.
>>
>>70787331
>You have 5 seconds to explain why this based gem of a show isn't on your GOAT list.

But it is, OP. Curse HBO for cancelling it after season two, REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>70787331
Why is this thread not about HBO show Game of Thrones based on the ASOIAF book series by GRRM? I thought the board named /tv/ on 4chan was created for the sole purpose of housing threads dedicated to HBO show Game of Thrones based on the ASOIAF book series by GRRM.
>>
>>70787893

from what i remember the sets and costumes where expensive to make. really sad that the story wasn't concluded though when shits about to hit the fan
>>
The show has no ending. It was a fantastic show but it's half of a story and thus can never be considered one of the greats because it's too frustrating to watch. Compare it to a show like Rome, that while only 2 seasons and cancelled, had enough of a heads up to wrap their entire story.
>>
File: 1399930726302.png (3 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
1399930726302.png
3 KB, 186x186
>>70788065

its a fucking historical drama you idiot of course you'll know the story. jfc
>>
>>70788065
The amount of daily /got/ threads, if nothing else, has shown us that a series (albeit garbage tier in this case) doesn't need an ending to be considered GOAT by many.
>>
>>70787893
Like anon said, it never resolved anything! Loved the show, but without a proper conclusion, it can't be included in the GOAT discussion.
>>
>>70787999

> sets:caravans
> costumes: 1929 shit wardrobe

Literally wut ?
>>
>>70788065

There was a story in Rome ?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.