[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
She shouldn't be alive ffs.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 32
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 720x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 720x450
She shouldn't be alive ffs.
>>
a girl has plot armor
>>
But she is. So deal with it you pathetic virgin.
>>
>>70796317
The simplest explanation: the one supported by the way the actors played the scene, is that

Jaqen didn't believe she'd successfully suppressed her identity, but he said it anyway as a last ditch effort to A) not get stabbed, and B) keep her from leaving the cult.

Arya rejects the offer and leaves. Jaq is happy to not have a hole in his heart.

Becoming 'no one' isn't anything but a brainwashing/propaganda loyalty enforcer. Same with "owing the one god" a life.

The faceless men aren't invincible. They have a few magic tricks, conventional training, and a lot of inflated mystique that let's them keep their followers in check.

Arya rejected two big pieces of their propaganda, and killed an assassin that they sent after her.

They aren't going to waste any more resources on a failed recruit that only wants to go her own way.

So Jacques shrugs, gives her a smirk and lets her leave.

That's it.

The funniest part is that the Faceless men are so good at maintaining their own mythical reputation, that VIEWERS IN THE REAL WORLD actually believe that Jaquen would somehow be capable of disarming and killing someone that his holding a sword directly to his heart.
>>
Does a rapier have a cutting edge?
>>
>>70796317
>>70796328
>Le strong women who no need no ma.

Seriously is what that show has become, what did you expected.
>>
Are you a mysoginist or something you racist
>>
My idea is that actually the Waif killed Arya and she is now wearing Arya's mask.
>>
>>70796383
It can cut candles.
>>
>get stabbed repeatedly in the stomach
>get stitched up
>do parkour a few hours later

I wish I were as strong as a woman
>>
>>70796359
He killed a dozen lannisters in their own encampment, pretty sure he can handle a mortally wounded little girl
>>
>stabbed in the gut by a trained assassin
>fall into a river which is likely 80% sewage
>couple of bandages and a bowl of soup from someone who isn't even a doctor, no wuckas
>>
>>70796544
They weren't holding a sword to his chest while he stands there unarmed in a linen bed-sheet.
>>
>>70796550
Well she took some drugs so that probably leveled her up.

Or so my electronic games taught me.
>>
>>70796550
>2 days later, start running and jumping around like jason bourne

seriously, the writing quality has so drastically fallen that it's scary
>>
>>70796550
Chest -- not gut.

Punctured lung at worst. At their level of medicine, chest would is survivable -- gut wound is not.
>>
>>70796550
It's just a TV show. Fuck off
>>
>>70796585
>donkey punch to the back of the head as she walks away
Done
>>
>>70796609
She drank milk of the poppy, a primitive version of morphine
>>
>>70796585
He could of grabbed the blade with one hand while stepping into her simultaneously, and then killed her with his free hand before she could blink. But he didn't cause he is a nice guy.
>>
>>70796612
Are you fucking retarded? Or do you not have any fucking knowledge of the human anatomy?
>>
Guys, what if the waif stabbed too low and only hit her in the uterus?
>>
>>70796401
That this show would just show hate crime after hate crime against women and the legal team would fight back like the fall of the third reich....

wow it sounds stupid now that i said it aloud.
>>
>>70796727
>He could of
everything you said has been discarded.
What you said was bullshit anyway though.
>>
>>70796834
not really, needle is a tiny blade and arya is a weak little girl in need of medical attention.
>>
File: witter rape.jpg (183 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
witter rape.jpg
183 KB, 960x540
>>70796383
love lucifer
>>
But the waif killed arya and is wearing her face now in an attempt to get on the iron throne. She wasn't bleeding anymore once she placed the face on the wall.

Why do you think she asked permission to kill arya once she deserted them? It's not out of hate. She wants power and the stark name gives it to her.
>>
>>70796612

How low do you think the lungs are m8
>>
>>70796870
The pool in the temple has a healing quality its what healed aryas eyes
>>
>>70796727
Why would he willingly die just to maybe kill one failed recruit?
>>
>>70796937
He wouldn't die, he would just fuck his hand up from deathgripping a sharp blade while he chokes a bitch out with his other hand. Pool could fix his wounds easy.
>>
>>70796875
I like how the actress gives her hot soup to cure the puncture in her intestines/stomach. In a modern hospital she would be barred from eating for weeks probably while living on iv
>>
I'm pretty pleased that there was actually a feasible reason why she could win against the Waifu.
I was waiting for someone to come up and save her ass, or some bullshit in which she manages to just out-fucking-skill a master assassin while gravely wounded. I guess not everybody gets blindness training, so yeah, pretty good stuff.
You could say Arya should've died from the stabbing in the first place, and I can''t really disagree. I guess it just didn't go very deep because the Waif wanted her to suffer.
And Jaqen letting her leave? Shit, he liked her, why would he kill her? Somebody died, and that's good enough.

On the other end of the spectrum, Dany popping through the window to save the city in its hour of need is not something I needed to see. That shit has overstayed its welcome.
>>
>>70797002
I liked that Drogon was fucking off to murk ships in the background of that scene.
>>
>>70796753
It all comes down to placement.

It's a sharp knife, not an expanding hollow-point. It makes a clean narrow channel. In the heart, that kills you. In the gut, you die of sepsis -- slowly.

If you don't hit a major artery or organ, then you can live.

Stabbed in the chest, the only things yous hit would be heart, esophagus or lungs. Since she didn't immediately bleed out, it wasn't her heart. A punctured lung is fairly survivable provided you prevent fluid from building inside.. and you have two if them.

Contamination from the river is a problem, but much easier to deal with than bacteria from your own gut. They were smart enough then to used boiled wine, and even maggots to clean woulds, and stitching wounds goes back further than the middle ages.
>>
>>70796317
It's a fantasy world bro and bad writing by D&D, two hacks whose writing has holes whenever they try to get creative. Honest I think D&D purposely sabotaged the writing for some reason, there's no way those 2 idiots are that incompetent.

I'm thinking something occuring where they must get a cut of the left over budget for themselves, so they cut out and slapped together some cheap nonsense with every corner cut due to greed.
>>
>>70796690
It's laudnum -- an opium tincture you put in wine or tea.

Same stuff romantic poets tripped on in the early 19th century.
>>
>>70797002
Yeah the candle thing wasnt terrible and its actually clever since arya gets blind in the books. Ill be interested if it was DnD who thought about this or if this was still martin. The whole thing would be mostly fine if not for the horrible injury. Why did she need TWO stab wounds to her intestines? Why not a blunt injury or a stab somewhere else, or a long cut (which she also has). Even normies should notice how unrealistic her recovery is. It makes the whole thing weightless. Areo dies instantly from one stab. Roose as well. They take so much pride in the apperent danger to every character but its not as true as they make it out to be
>>
>>70796875
That's not from the show, that's a production still. They shoot that on set with an SLR. Non continuity.
>>
>>70796317
Luck build?
>>
>>70796690
Morphine is one chemical, not the mixture of opiates which comprises opium ("poppy milk").
>>
>>70797290
Ok yea, but why get stabbed in the gut or wherever she did, make her get stabbed in shoulder or ass or thigh, like she squirms out the way to avoid the waif's stabbing, bad writing, D&D not giving two shits and just slapping garbage together that looks cool to 2 dorks and edgy, oh wow look dabid she gets stabbed in intestines, but get this dabid, arya is so bad ass she lives, even though she plops in sewage after dabid! Dabid, you like it dabid, dabid do the thing you do with your middle finger to me dabid...
>>
>>70797335
I was speaking in regards to its effects and purpose within the show
>>
>>70797374
>Ok yea, but why get stabbed in the gut or wherever she did, make her get stabbed in shoulder or ass or thigh, like she squirms out the way to avoid the waif's stabbing, bad writing, D&D not giving two shits and just slapping garbage together that looks cool
...are you actually looking at the way the scene was blocked on-set and then blaming the writers/show-runners????

That's now how TV production works.
>>
>>70796317
I haven't watched the show, but I'm pretty sure I've heard shit about magic and dragons and shit. People coming back from the dead and such.
So my question would be, are fans of this show really suprised that a character survived a stabbing in the gut?
>>
>>70796538
I CAN4T GET OVER THIS SHIT
>>
Think about it, she trained with FM, obviously she trained to avoid being attacked, like taking a knife wound in the forearm, blocking stabs with forearm, hands etc to protect organs. Wouldn't have it been more badass the waif stabbing and arya blocking with her forearm or hand the blows, and not letting them go in deep, then hand arm bleeding she dives into the water, instead of vital organs hit. You'd think wow, she was trained well by the FM.
>>
>>70797480
>Trained to avoid being attacked
She should have stayed training cause she was well attacked innit
>>
>>70797459
>I haven't watched the show
Then why the fuck are you posting? This wasn't an obvious magical moment like we've seen with other characters. And yet more characters have received similar stabbings and just died right away.
>>
>>70797430
Are you actually looking at creating something more believable and that fits Arya's character? She did training for 2 seasons, we just see her blind and training with a staff mostly. Why no knife fighting.

It would be more believable then when the waif stabs down that arya deflets blocks her organs with one arm or hand the dagger blows. it doesn;t work why? Because you said it doesn't ?
>>
Same as every other show with potential
>oh cool characters with stories and motives are getting killed off
and then the inevitable
>obvious plot armour characters
>>
>>70797538
Right ok.
>>
>>70797539
>Why are you posting
Because I can you little shit. Why are you posting? You got something invested?
>>
>>70796978
>Pool could fix his wounds easy.

what the hell are you smoking -- the pool is poison.
>>
>>70797632
In all fairness he drinks poison and plops dead and then a man is alive again :^)
>>
>>70797632
Then why did it heal arya's blindness?
>>
>>70796612
Survive is one thing, being able to fucking free-run after eight hours is something completely different. Not even with "our level" of medicine could you do that after being stabbed in the chest four times and jumping down in sewage.
>>
>>70797578
You're not listening.

Read what I wrote.

The way a director blocks a scene on-set is a responsibility separate from the people that come up with the shooting script.

The script often will just read

>she is stabbed from behind

and it's up to the particular director that is working on that particular episode to interpret that.

Show-runners are often writers, and sometimes directors too, but they never direct every single episode. Hell, they often don't even personally write every single episode, though for some shows this happens.

What I'm saying, is that it makes no sense to blame scene blocking on anyone other than the individual who directed the actors on set for that particular episode.
>>
>>70797715
How long passed between the two episodes?

Didn't she break he stitches and start bleeding again?
>>
>>70796317
Makes me kek at last weeks speculation.

>Was it actually Jaquen?
>Was it fake blood?
>Is the waif a figment or Arya's imagination?

Lol no Lady Crane is just handy with bandages.

Bravo Dabid.
>>
>>70797742
yes, right, ok. So its scene blocking, right. Then why not get someone on the set to choreograph the fight scene into something more believable. I don't think you're paying attention to what I'm writing still.
>>
>>70797765
Only a night obviously(for the arya arc that is). Otherwise, she would've left by ship already and not just wait around until waif finds her.
>>
>>70797806
A laudnum trip can last for days, man.
>>
So the Hound's destiny is obviously to kill his brother. Two holy men of two faiths told him he is alive for a reason.

What reason is Ayra alive? Who will she kill, after returning to Westoros?
>>
I think this is the stupidest ending yet. Is there some neat theory that makes it sound less moronic?
>>
>>70797837
She had a list of names, maybe she remembers them or wrote them down somewhere. Who knows.
>>
>>70797796
>Then why not get someone on the set to choreograph the fight scene into something more believable.

That is the responsibility of the director. Each episode has its own director.
Look. You gotta understand that a lot of this is because it's TV.

In a feature film, things work differently. You have a longer time to plan things out, more pre-production, more second-guessing, less decisions made on the fly, bigger budgets, a single director who can oversee the whole thing start to finish. For a movie, you can pay to storyboard *every* *single* *cut* in preproduction, and have a good idea of how everything looks before you even start shooting.

In TV it's different: you have show-runners -- who are executive producers, writers, and directors all at once, that hire other directors and juggle multiple episodes at once. They delegate a lot of responsibility because there's no way anyone can keep tabs on all of it while sticking to schedule and budget. A lot of details of things like blocking, editing, and even shot geography are done on-the-fly using existing sets and assets. Show runners and writers often will not have a direct hand in how anything actually looks during shooting. Unless the show runners or the writers specifically tell actors or directors to do things a certain way, those people will use their own best judgement.

This is unavoidable in TV. This isn't like auteur film-making -- there's simply too much going on, too quickly for any one person (or even two people) to keeps tabs on every detail.
>>
>>70798072
You still deliberately miss the point. The anon you replied to, me, the people complaining, you don't actually think we care who's responsible do you? From my point of view it's a bad string of scenes. I expect better, after all I'm paying for it. I don't care if its the writers or the two directors or the scene choreographer or fucking anybody else. The guy responsible shouldn't have been the one responsible, he made an awful job. And of course we are a minority so the show is going to stay shit like this but we can complain about it on an image board. I just don't understand why you're defending anybody
>>
>>70798338
So don't blame it on 'D&D'.
>>
>>70796453
I know it's you

stop it
>>
>>70799828
They are the main face of the production. Why would you even defend them anyway? Whatever
>>
>>70796727
This. Disarming is not difficult to a well trained martial artist.
>>
>>70796544
They were adult men...
>>
>>70796317
>She shouldn't be alive ffs.
You have something in common, OP
>>
>>70796328
She literally learnt to fight blind you mong
>>
>>70800376
she only trained to fight blind a few days, and couldn't beat the waif any single time.

also, she was wounded.
>>
>>70800443
but waif wasn't blind
>>
logically and in previous seasons she would've died

she decided to go against the faceless men and her actions should've led to her doom. but since stannis got rekt by ramsey with no logic behind it, this has been a common thing.
>>
File: 1465755458338.jpg (49 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1465755458338.jpg
49 KB, 600x800
>>70800443
No, syrio forrell used to blindfold and teach her to fight and she got that world class intensive training for like a year
>>
>>70796900
The water in the pool is also poisonous>>70796937
>>
>>70796359
I perceived that jaqen was proud of her and he was just certainly not afraid of dying
>>
>>70796317
just because she is a girl
>>
>>70800861
that squash is a smug.SMUG
>>
File: puns.jpg (2 KB, 90x90) Image search: [Google]
puns.jpg
2 KB, 90x90
>>70796796
What would happen?
U-ter-us!
>>
>>70800182
This is absurd.

>You: this is D&D's fault!
>me: that's provably false. This tv is collaborative and this decision didn't happen anywhere near them.
>you: hurff durff that's not what I said! Why are you defending them? They're the show runners therefore we can blame them for everything
Yeah okay. Next time my faucet leaks, I'll blame the architect and the developer instead of the plumbing installer.
>>
>>70797679
Maybe it wasn´t the pool.
>>
>>70803975

You forgetting that you are talking to a group of Austists who can't get over the fact that in the course of showing 60 hours of footage and a dealing with large crew in mutliple locations not every single piece of footage will be 100% perfect to their liking.
>>
File: 13478485232498.png (743 KB, 525x752) Image search: [Google]
13478485232498.png
743 KB, 525x752
>>70796317
MY MILFU DIED BECAUSE OF THIS GREMLIN
>>
The hound survived worse
>>
>>70803975
Now I regret keeping this thread open ;_; If my faucet leaks i can most certainly blame the head of the construction company who employed the plumber. He wouldnt be the one making the mistake directly (if you dont consider it a mistake to hire a bad plumber in the first place) but hes still responsible. DnD are not only the writers, they are executive producers and they call themselves the 'creators' of the show. I can and will blame them for this. I im pretty sure you are trolling me though so i might not reply again
>>
>>70796359
>The funniest part is that the Faceless men are so good at maintaining their own mythical reputation, that VIEWERS IN THE REAL WORLD actually believe that Jaquen would somehow be capable of disarming and killing someone that his holding a sword directly to his heart.

I think viewers are wondering why he wasn't able to overpower and kill a 14-year old girl before she managed to put a sword on his chest.
>>
File: thanks_xenia.jpg (20 KB, 296x323) Image search: [Google]
thanks_xenia.jpg
20 KB, 296x323
>ywn have plot armour

hurts to live senpai
>>
>semen demons Lady Crane and Waif are dead to further Arya plotline

Feels bad man.

How come feminists aren't up in arms tho?
>>
>>70796317

If she's alive, then Ramsay is going to win.

Who is she going to take revenge on if not Ramsay?
>>
>>70804437

Maybe he was just tired of her shit and decided to just let her go an be done with it?
>>
>>70796359
Jaquen doesn't fear death you retard.
>>
File: 1465414624530s.jpg (5 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
1465414624530s.jpg
5 KB, 250x227
>people on this board RIGHT NOW are still actively defending this episode
>>
Mary Sue the character
>>
File: image.jpg (578 KB, 1449x2173) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
578 KB, 1449x2173
A girl doesn't need sexy knee caps
>>
>>70804650

He does.

Remember his panic when area said his name?
>>
The circle is now complete. When she left Westeros she was but a learner, now she is the master.
>>
>>70796317
Hey guys, MD here

About being stabbed in the gut,it's not a death sentence like you guys are making it out to be.

I've seen dozens of stab wounds in the abdomen when I was in MedSchool (currently I see none cauz i'm a psychiatrist), and some time dude just get lucky. The knife misses any organ alltogether. Not likely to happen, not impossible either.

Still a shitty episode and a shit season at that
>>
>>70804740
That hand bag pisses me off more than it should.
>>
The waif had the high ground. Why sacrifice it by letting her stand?
>>
>>70804945
What about the infection risk from jumping in Shit River?
>>
>>70800376
Does that give you magical powers that allow you to live after getting stabbed in the gut 5 times? Or surviving a 10 foot fall which ruptures your stitches? And I bet Waif and every other faceless person had to go through the blind training as well.
>>
>>70804999
Not a big one. Once your abdomen is penetraded by a thin object (like that little knife Arya was stabbed with) the musculature contracts and "closes" the gap. It obviously wouldn't work for a sword or axe wound thou.

The main problem she would face was abdominal wall infection, not peritoneal, But if Lady Crane is good at sowing wounds as she claim she is, cleaning up properly the wound would take care of that risk as well. As far as treating wounded skin and musculature, the GoT world does it pretty decently: using hot wine to sterilize it for instance should work fine even nowadays.
>>
>>70796875
IM ACTING I AM ARYA STARK
>>
I liked it. Especially Jamie
>>
>>70805201
>>70804945

You're clearly retarded. The chance of a gut wound becoming infected after being stabbed multiple times, then jumping in a shit river is 100%. No amount of bandage or soup is going to change the fact that she should be dead.

Also
>psychiatrist

Kek no wonder you're retarded
>>
File: ARIA.jpg (53 KB, 493x500) Image search: [Google]
ARIA.jpg
53 KB, 493x500
Now that the complex theories where shut down, the fact that Arya just stood on the bridge like that with her guard down makes no sense.

Are people saying she needed to get knifed in the gut to bait the waif?
>>
>>70796359
>They aren't going to waste any more resources on a failed recruit that only wants to go her own way.
That's exactly what she was before Jaqen ordered the waif to go after her. Why even do that?
>>
>>70805516
There's no excuse. This was the worst written plot in GoT so far. Everything she did was fully against how her character was acting before.
>>
>>70805516
the waif merely adopted the dark, arya was born in it, molded by it
>>
>>70805516
No, she needed to get knifed in the gut to stack the odds in the waif's favor in the following episode and make Arya's victory even more EEEPICCCCC

Have people really not caught on to this shitshow's writing process yet?
>>
File: 1462052850376.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1462052850376.gif
1 MB, 260x195
>>70805472
Game of thrones is a world where ice zombies and dragons actually exist, and you're seriously throwing a fit because Arya's wounds not getting infected is unrealistic? xDD
>>
>>70805789
this is bait
>>
>>70800376
>muh zatoichi
She was in 4 fights tops.In the books blindness seems to be part of training but even if you ignore that she wins against women who has train a lot longer than her. its like if john connor took out the terminator by using squirt gun "he did not have water but he used his own piss"
>>
I liked how varys moved away from beggars
>>
File: 1461570316704.jpg (271 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461570316704.jpg
271 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw no plot armor
>>
would have been funny if danny's dragon took a hit in the back while she was trying to land on the pyramid
>>
>>70805789
Why not give her chain gun arms then?
Arya always was one of the worst characters, this just proves it was all for nothing, what will happen when she faces danaerys as queen of the north?
>what happens when two sets of impenetrable plot armour clash
>>
>>70796383
short version:No
long version: http://www.thearma.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12027#.V19EmtJ97s0
>>
>>70796328

Kek
>>
>>70805472
No it isn't. I'm not saying it's likely that it wouldn't get infected, I'm just pointing out it wouldn't be impossible. I've seem knife wounds to the fucking brain that not only didn't kill the patient but actually didn't do jack shit to him short AND long term

In medicine we often say that there is no 100% chance nor 0%. The fact that you don't know that proves that you don't wtf you are talking about and heavily suggests that you are a closet homosexual and a utter failure as a human being
>>
File: 1465754938714.png (317 KB, 974x558) Image search: [Google]
1465754938714.png
317 KB, 974x558
s-she's fast!
>>
>>70806082
>>what happens when two sets of impenetrable plot armour clash
they become friends,frenemies or the show ends leaving the result to your imagination
>>
>>70796937
>implying he would not have a dagger in his sleeve to hit her in the back.
>implying he did not know shit had gone south the second he walked into the temple
>>
>>70805789

The story still operates by rules, though. Magic things like ice zombies and dragons are exempt from real-life natural laws because they're explicitly described as such in the books and the tv show. But people in Game of Thrones seem to be biologically the same as people in real life (with certain exceptions, again, explicitly shown/described). When a person gets cut, they get infected (Ned's leg, Khal Drogo, Robert, etc.). When they get stabbed multiple times, they die.

Nothing that Arya has done in the show or books implies that she has magical healing powers, or that the lady who healed her has any kind of magic powers either. By the show's own rules, she should be dead.
>>
>>70805789
Do you recall ned starks leg?In this setting not only death is for real but so are the injuries, for example jaime lannister still can't fight due to lack of his hand.pestilence used to be a big factor
>>
>>70805588
jaqen technically ordered it, due to chain of command, but really it was a request from waif that he allowed.
>>
>>70806239
>pestilence used to be a big factor
used to be being the key word.Distance used to be a factor too but now its teleportation for all
>>
File: Arya; master assassin.webm (3 MB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
Arya; master assassin.webm
3 MB, 1000x600
>>
>>70805789
>infected
Khal Drogo literally died from a cut.lacing a blade with sewage is an old trick for better infection so Im sure taking a swim in it would do a lot.That is assuming that the fucking assassin did not have poison on the blade. We can only hope that Arya lost and the face switch put waif into the role on a deep level
>>
How come Jaqen is always the only faceless man around that giant temple? I thought the temple in Braavos was their main headquarters.
>>
>>70796875
I'm calling photoshop. Don't remember the old lady wrapping her arms round her forehead like that.
>>
>>70796359
>Arya rejected two big pieces of their propaganda, and killed an assassin that they sent after her.
>They aren't going to waste any more resources on a failed recruit that only wants to go her own way.
That is because she was never properly broken
>conventional training, and a lot of inflated mystique that let's them keep their followers in check.
probably true, Arya still should not be able to win
>>
>>70806377
Then Jaqen's words would actually have made sense when he said "a girl is finally no one" He wasn't talking about Arya but about the waif, becoming Arya for a mission and already acting in character.
>>
>>70796614

Kill yourself.
>>
>>70805588
respect,what would happen to their reputation if it got out that not only they could not deliver on a kill but one of their people pulled this shit.
>>
>>70805626
>Everything she did was fully against how her character was acting before

How so?
>>
>>70806472
Yes, that is why he keeps smiling after she lives.Its not that he respects her spirit and is secretly happy that she beat him and his school(like some YA antagonist would be)He has won and a mind broken drone is on its way to lay a groundwork for some big kill.
>>
>>70806383
Arya thins of him as a friend so his face gets used a lot but yeah, before there at least used to be servants working in the background.I guess it was everyone day off and no one wanted black water on that day so Arya was free to walk in with a face cutout (this just adds to theory that she lost)Did she ever learn how to skin the faces off?
>>
>>70805356

Jaime has become a Lannister.
>>
>>70804195
>autists
to be fair, even most neurotypicals have absolutely no concept of just how many man-hours and variables go into a hollywood-style production.

And that's partly because most similarly successful showrunners manage to run a tighter ship, but GoT's production is such a logistical nightmare that it's nearly impossible to compare to any other TV show, and it's definitely on a scale unlike anything else HBO's ever made (except maybe Band of Brothers and The Pacific, but they were miniseries and had longer production than a season of GoT). Deadwood's probably the second-most ambitious full series on their resume, and that's nowhere close.
>>
Northeners are stronk people, they have two sets of vital organs like klingons.

Waif only damaged her 2nd liver and her 3rd kidney.
>>
>>70806675
>Did she ever learn how to skin the faces off?

old nan taught her how to do that back in winterfel
>>
File: 1464661162211.png (745 KB, 1424x1294) Image search: [Google]
1464661162211.png
745 KB, 1424x1294
>>70806082
>>70806188
>>70806239
>>70806377
I was ironically shitposting you autists holy cow
>>
>>70806767
not to mention their time-travel abilities and healing factor that completely alters their appearance once every few years.
>>
>>70804195
>ocations not every single piece of footage will be 100% perfect to their liking.
yeah its not like there are multiple examples of Tv shows not only making good footage but actually sliping in clever/interesting details that has people going through the shows frame by frame.
>>
>>70806008
Kekolded.
>>
>>70800443
She was blind for a lot longer than a few days and even managed to hold her own for a time versus the Terminator woman. Her putting out the candle was by far the greatest strategy, EVER SCENE ON FILM.
>>
>>70806842
ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
File: n8umjWj.png (3 KB, 698x1284) Image search: [Google]
n8umjWj.png
3 KB, 698x1284
>>70806842
>ironically shitposting
>>
>>70806842
>I was ironically shitposting you autists holy cow
>autists
I can see your ben sherman polo from here you cunt
>>
>>70806946
nice picture reddit. too bad nobody said the equivalent of "fuck off retard". they just engaged a blatantly obvious bait post like it was a serious comment
>>
>>70796991
Such stupid writing by D&D not to give Arya an IV drip, the only way she could realistically be saved. A gut wound from a knife which has not been cleaned through antiseptic methods would definitely leave a festering wound. Microbes in the river would be thriving in her wound and an IV drip would realistically be her only way out. Realistically, in a world with dragons, immortality, and magic of all sorts an IV drip is a reasonable thing to see. But too obvious for D&D to realise though.
>>
>>70806935
ironic shitposting is the only thing keeping our unique imageboard culture from being swallowed whole by redditards
>>
>>70807153
I wasnt implying anything of the sort. I think this is a case of that strawman thing everyone likes so much on the internet. I was just pointing out how in a modern setting she wouldnt be allowed to eat which is of course possible because of an iv drip. But in this universe the cure is precisely the thing she couldnt do nowdays
>>
>>70806946
This image is the second half of Naruto in a nutshell.
>>
>>70807153
Realistically it would be smarter not to give her the same stabbing that killed robbs wife.nick her in the shoulder, have her notice the waif at the last second to show her training has had results.also maybe have her add more traps to the dark room instead of it just being dark
>>
>>70801380
there's a difference between not being afraid of dying and being willing to die for no good reason.

>What do we say to the god of death? Not today.
>>
I'm just happy she finally earned a kill instead of essentially suckerpunching another hapless jackass. She genuinely outsmarted and bested someone.
>>
>>70796875
so dead, that central stab wound is chock full of organs.
>>
>>70796978
a rapier doesnt have a blade, a rapier is too small is grip. face it your boy got checkmated
>>
>>70806377
Khal drogo refused medical attention because he considered medicine to be for the weak.
>>
>>70803975
>>70804195
Oh, now that you mention it, that's sounds more reasonable. Following your conversation, I am convinced that it is silly to blame the show runners for its numerous lapses in quality. Now that I have been enlightened and know that Hollywood-style production is difficult and complex, I simply cannot point any fingers at D&D for the shows quality! Most certainly not for Arya's apparent superhuman ability to resist the effects of her wounds and pain.
>>
>>70797182
she wasnt stabbed in the chest. it was in the region where her spleen was.

dead in minutes
>>
>>70796550
the actor lady was actually syrio forel in disguise and he practiced his ancient bravoosi magicks on her to heal her
>>
>>70807522
and what medical attention did arya get, a banding day after the stabbing?
>>
Was the oranges part a tribute to the godfather?
>>
>>70806675
skinning is pretty easy bruh.
>>
>>70807181
>trolling
>unique to imageboard culture

you keep telling yourself that.
>>
<----/got/ general thread
>>
>>70806767
no way her liver was hit. prolly not her kidney either
>>
>>70807794
it goes by too fast, no one has time to reply to anything so whats the point of posting without (you)s?
>>
>>70806935
Those lines are pretty good words to live by.

You're defined by your actions, not your internal thoughts.
>>
>>70807801
The stabbing actually healed her
>>
>>70807866
maybe, but her liver and most likely her kidney didnt need healing
>>
Arya Stark? More like Marya Sue.
>>
Arya isn't alive. That isn't Arya. That's Arya's face.
>>
>>70808014
spam twitter with "I was so sad when arya died. Im surprised there was not an outcry, I thought people loved her"
>>
Even the normies are agreeing. Shit makes no sense.
>>
>>70807510
Nigga I could deathgrip a steel rod 10x smaller in diameter than that sword.
>>
>>70796585
No, it's not the same guy.
>>
I don't even get it. it is like they are saying "fuck you, we don't even care" and give her an obviously fatal wounds. they could make it believable by very little thought but nope, she gets stabbed 10 times, jumps to a shit river and survives.

I am honestly mad about latest episode/season of this shit.
>>
Can someone please give me her bald meme picture?
>>
He could have literally just kicked her in the chest.
>>
>>70808236
its a magic rapier that is sharp on its sides, your fingers would fall off
>>
Because Arya was the waif that died. The new "Arya" is actually the waif. That was why when he said, "Oh, now you're no one." She said. "No, I'm Arya."

It's cause now the waif/faceless men are going to use Arya's face to go kill some people in Westeros.
>>
nothing makes me cringe harder than this whole referring to her as "a girl" in any context like it's some kind of fanciful language quirk

fuck that stupid garbage already
>>
>>70808302
They got your money at this point.
https://youtu.be/ZnxvUuSzbMI?t=3m24s
>>70806348
>>
File: 1421491588076.jpg (405 KB, 1559x1562) Image search: [Google]
1421491588076.jpg
405 KB, 1559x1562
>>70796317
>>
>>70808453
a man has no name
>>
File: are you fuckin serious m8.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
are you fuckin serious m8.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>is able to sprint easily a day after getting stabbed several times in the stomach
>also apparently has no internal damage, LMAO BANDAGES AND SLEEP WILL FIX IT xD
>>
>>70808558
you are forgetting the soup
>>
>>70808403
Bone breh, it wont cut bone.
>>
>>70808625
says who?Mikken the blacksmith made it himself, its better than valyrian steel
>>
>>70808421
So you have to cut off your own face to become a no one?
>>
>>70808740
Prove that needle has a bone cutting feat, it only has stabbing feats, its single cutting feat is against a candle.
>>
File: 464701430.jpg (199 KB, 507x340) Image search: [Google]
464701430.jpg
199 KB, 507x340
>>70796317
who'll pay for the oranges? why did nobody get mad and smack the shit out of arya for ruining their oranges? imagine u ran a store and this crazy bitch crashed into your goods, wouldnt you at least ask her to pay up
>>
>>70796544
>>
>>70796359
in a show as blatant as this, you have to secretly acknowledge that reality of consequence in GOT is never going to trump "haha I MEANT TO BE CAPTURED" style twists. He let her loose like a mad dog, because if she kills the right people he can pop-up as the new "haha you killed that asshole king and celebrated, how about for a fuck you twist, now Scientologists rule Westeros"
>>
File: images (25).jpg (17 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (25).jpg
17 KB, 512x288
>>70796317
Jaqen = a 40 year old metalhead with his underage gf (waif)
>>
>Keep hearing that Arya becomes some kind of god like assassin by bookfags
>this shit happens

Was this a joke you guys were trying on me?
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 495x297) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 495x297
Fan
>"Why havent you released the next book yet?"

GRRM
>"An author is not ready".
>>
File: waif.png (217 KB, 680x380) Image search: [Google]
waif.png
217 KB, 680x380
Am I the only one that thought the waif was cute? CUTE.
>>
>>70804747
>area
>>
>>70809318
Nah i do too
>>
>>70809252

A man once wrote books called "The Wheel of Time". A man believed as long as he kept writing, he would be safe from his name being offered up to the Red God. A man was wrong. A man died. A man can wait for as long as he wishes, but the Red God waits for no man.
>>
>>70809252

Ha ha

Up voted!
>>
>>70808822
Sure, why not?
>>
>>70808625
It can cut steel beams
>>
File: horrorshow.jpg (56 KB, 879x947) Image search: [Google]
horrorshow.jpg
56 KB, 879x947
genuinely spooky moment
>>
>>70809834
If only she had shut her Hodor
>>
>>70806348
he told her not to let her suffer.
she tried to make her suffer.
could have just slit her throat
>>
>>70809834
why did the waif even conceal her face here?
makesnosense
>>
>>70796359

>>70796359

Stop anon, you realize these faggots are going to be here again next week with another insignificant detail to bitch about. And through the earnest of your love for the books and show, you will defend its good name.

Either through lack of critical thinking or sheer shitposting to get you riled up, you will respond.

Let it be my fellow companion, this is not the war you should be fighting, for winter is coming.

valar morghulis
>>
>>70796359
No, the real reason why he says she's no one is for that stupid punch line about her being a Stark now that the show became villains vs good guys.

Other way to see it is the waif was the representation of Arya's problems, the memory of her past that can't be erased no matter how hard she tries. She wants to become no one because that would erase her past, her feelings and what she is and meant to be. I'm not saying the waif isn't real, she is just there to make her fail (like her past) and stop her from becoming one of the faceless man. Jaqen sees that she defeats whats holding back, what's constantly remembering her that she had a past, so now she's ready to let everything go, but her power or strength does not come from being no one, but being Arya Stark, a Wolf of the North.
>>
>>70811442
also if one of the faceless men (the waif) wants her death it's because the many face god wants her to join the hall. That implies that she defeats the will of a god and Jaqen smiles when she chooses to be Arya Stark because she is meant for greater things than just being a faceless assassin.
>>
>>70811442
Wow, this is actually a very good post.
I was in the same boat as OP, but this makes sense.
Surprising I didn't see the symbolism in the "waif", but to be fair, GRRM's "twists" mostly come from subverting narrative arcs and symbolism like a "Latvian joke".

I am pleased that Arya is still alive and ready to return to Westeros and get revenge, I just didn't understand how she was allowed to leave.
Still, why would Jaqen say she's "no one" if she literally killed the symbolic representation of her desire to become no one? I'd put it down to bad writing, where they wanted Arya to have a badass one-liner and then walk away. So, no, Jaqen is wrong. Arya is Arya, Jaqen fucked up.

>>70811548
It's unclear if the "many faced god" exists.

The only gods shown to have legit magic are the Lord of Light and (to a lesser extent) the Old Gods, who stand in opposition to more mundane blood magic.

So Arya might be ordained by a god, but I don't think it's the many faced god, unless the many faced god is a subdivision of the Lord of Light, as it seems the Weirwood trees are.
>>
>>70796317
People have survived far worse. Get over it
>>
>>70810376

i could imagine the waif wanted people to see 'that guy' going into the house, so it would appear 'he' did it. but i really don't think they thought it through that much.

maybe there was supposed to be another scene that was cut - i don't know.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 750x629) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 750x629
>>70809318
> only one

nicca pls
>>
>>70796317
>bloody mouth
>white eyes
>messy hair
>scared look
This picture makes me feel things
>>
>>70796538

>stealthy assassin
>goes after injured bleedling girl in broad daylight after disrupting the town market

Game of Jumped The Shark
>>
>>70814212
m8, did you never fuck up a level on hitman 2?
>>
Stronk Womyn Season
>>
File: 1463547525324.jpg (49 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
1463547525324.jpg
49 KB, 467x700
Cross-posting once more:

>Arya's training is all allegory for being a slave. >To be a slave is to be told over and over that you are "no one" - not a person at all.
>In retaining her identity through training intended to mimic that experience, she retraced the steps of the first Faceless Man.
>>
>people put this much effort into trying to explain a shit tv show

here is some advice for watching got, its a tv show so the only thing that matters is making every scene as effortless and entertaining as possible. Stuff like character motivations or logic have no place in the story and serve only to move the characters from one "shocking" telegraphed twist to the next. Trying to have jaime have character development would be hard and might confuse plebs so it doesnt happen. Arya getting stabbed was exciting and shocking in the moment, but as we can see from the next episode she can sprint through the street no problem. Areo goes down in one shot to a non vital spot because filming another fight scene would take effort. The black fish getting killed? to much effort and we dont need to see it anyway. Edmure ordering the castle to surrender for a son he has never seen and a wife he cant love because he has seen her 2-3 times max, he doesnt even know they are still alive and its based on the word of a man who he thinks is not trust worthy.

there is no deeper meaning, no intelligent twists. ever
>>
>>70796875

Slashed across belly, stabbed twice in lower intestines, and then the blade twisted. Then thrown into a public canal in a medieval city full of sewage.

Does she have a healing factor like Wolverine?
>>
>>70796359

But Jaqen put the sword to his own heart. All she did was point at him, he walked up and placed himself on it.
>>
>>70796317
D&D actually believe people give a fuck about her.
>>
File: KeeperRing.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
KeeperRing.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
>>70796359

It's basically like Garrett in Thief but with killing instead of robbery. The Keepers are cunts with their heads up their asses and he saw through that shit on day one.
>>
>>70812370
I'm the anon from the 2 post. Thanks for the kind words. Sorry if I can express myself very well, english is not my first language.

I think it's bad writting too. It's something that sounds cool and gives a nice "epic" touch to the end of that storyline, nonetheless there might be some valid reasons behind Jaqen words if we analize deep enough, and maybe (even then) the real reason of that dialogue was still some punch line.

I think Jaqen can see that Arya Stark is ready to be no one. She killed the representation of her past and even the desire of the Many-Faced God to have her face (death). This shows some great improvement in her knodledge and techniques, because it's implied both in series and books that this assassins work with some kind of magic and mistery and can kill anyone anywhere, at any time.
The killing of one of this assassins must be a very rare if not almost imposible task to acomplish.
Also if we look deep enough The Waif tries to kill Arya with some mask, but at the end she chase her and fight her with her real face, the one Arya knows and hates. This could mean she's facing her real past, all wich was reminded recently by her watching the acting show and the play that emulates some event she even lived. Finally Arya decides to fight The Wife with her sword, wich is a big part of Arya's personality (you know, tiny and skinny but dangerous) and she chooses to fight with the technique that Syrio Forel tought her, wich also means she adapts to new knodledge and situations but also remembers her roots and acepts her past once more.

I think I could go futher looking for symbolic or "poetic" reasons behind the scene but knowing D&D this could be just the bullshit writting that's being killing GoT slowly and painfully.
>>
>>70806008
because he's a male gigganigga , if it was a "her" , she would've turned around and slap the shit out of that snek
>>
>>70796875
C'mon guys, it's not like this is the first time in the show that someone survived for hours some vicious stabbing to the gut, and cured the wound by drinking some soup.
literally first time in the goddamn show this has happened, jon survived a couple of minutes top by being stabbed almost exactly like her, Ygritte got an arrow to the heart lived a few seconds, papa lannister died instantly, the mountain a fucking beast had to become a zombie because of a poisoned paper cut in his hill, papa bolton died almost instantly, everyone at the red wedding, and so on.. but don't worry I'm sure the snakes, danny, cersei ,smirkfu, and sansa will definitely die soon...spoilers.. they wont
>>
>>70806552
>walking around all proudly without any disguise, whilst knowingly being hunted by someone who clearly has a personal hatred towards you.
>after disobeying an assassin cult
>>
http://www.techinsider.io/game-of-thrones-director-explains-arya-braavos-scene-2016-6

Friendly reminder that if a director has to come out and explain himself then he has utterly failed
>>
File: 200_s.gif (52 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
52 KB, 500x200
Wounds to the guts are painful, but take long to die from.
>>
>>70811442
Arya never wanted to become no one though, from the very beginning she was lying to them and pretending to have let go of her past when she obviously couldn't.
>>
>>70819034
>get out of magical death cult
>just prance around city without even being armed because what could go wrong
>>
>>70796401
Arya is the co-main character with Jon and the single most likely person to survive the entire series right to the end.

The only way she'll die is to save the day at the end of the last book.
>>
>>70796614
Sorry bud, but there have to be at least some stakes and some standards of realism....
>>
>>70808625
It'll slide right past it.
>>
>>70810376
The writers have shown us a few times that these personalities are feigned and Jaqen and the Waif don't exist.

The waif was a feigned character to get under Arya's skin and truly test her will to join their order. The Jaqen character was to provide a mentor/comfort zone.

Still don't know if Arya is dead or not, but she might be. The conversation could be read either way.
>>
>>70796538
Nigga it's perfectly likely that she spent a week recoving at mai waifu's
>>
>>70821229
A week is nothing for that amount of damage.

And considering all the other things like the dirty ass water she fell into. This whole thing was just bullshit. Why anyone keeps defending it is beyond me.
>>
File: topcucks.png (367 KB, 596x709) Image search: [Google]
topcucks.png
367 KB, 596x709
>>70800712
>>70797679
>>70797742
>>70796900
>>70796614
>>70796338

Did you Arya cucks bought her Tshirs? Your misstress needs support, prepare your credit cards faggots and dont forget to tip fedora!
>>
>>70821673
god fucking damn shes ugly
>>
>>70807510

Rapiers can have bladed edges.
>>
>>70819034
Ohhhh she survived because of willpower.

Well that explains everything.
>>
>>70819064
>stab wounds
>on par with a bullet
nah m8
Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.