[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
And don't forget that a movie isn't just a story.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 30
File: pitch.jpg (509 KB, 2400x1707) Image search: [Google]
pitch.jpg
509 KB, 2400x1707
And don't forget that a movie isn't just a story.
>>
>>70720725
>a movie isn't just a story
Certified plebeian here.

What did he mean by this (I mean it)?

Is he referring to the "emotional experience" of a film, or more intangible qualities that a plebeian like myself could only hope to one day barely understand?

I have a movie pitch for a war flick but it's one of those "based on a true story" stories about a guy most people outside of /k/ or the .MIL community haven't heard of
>>
A group of college students decide to make a documentary about orthodox black metal bands.
They try to interview one of the more underground acts, but their requests are declined. They get nosey, try to get some footage, and end up sacrificed during a satanic ritual.

It's NOT found-footage, it's fairly low-budget, and the main gimmick is that the film quality imperceptibly degrades over the course of the movie until the last few scenes are shot in grimy black and white like in Begotten with no voices on top, and the movie ends on a mess of damaged film and subliminal edits of spooky and abstract shit.
>>
>>70720788
It just means that if possible you should also mention a few things about the way it's directed, maybe the casting, the way it's paced and structured, the type of narration, all that stuff.
>>
>>70721017
Great idea
>>
>>70721017
That sounds like fun.
>>
Calvin & Hobbes

Done in stop motion by the same guys who did Fantastic Mr. Fox.

But directed by Sam Mendes and keep Wes Anderson far the fuck away.
>>
>>70721017

Sounds pretty cool, mate

What if it was a music critic writing an article, instead of a bunch of kids making a documentary? I feel like the "kids with a video camera get in over their heads" thing has been done too much, and you could mine a lot of interesting subtext and humor from the critic/artist relationship going horribly wrong.

Like "The End of the Tour" if David Foster Wallace cannibalized Jesse Eisenberg at the end. I'd watch it
>>
>>70722014

How is that "your" idea?
>>
>>70720725
OP is a Hollywood exec trying to get some ideas.
>>
>>70722115
Yeah that sounds a bit better, the reason why I went with a documentary was because I was going for a slasher movie kind of deal, but a horror film with only one protag is neat too. It just needs to be a fairly interesting character who isn't a douche.
>>
>>70722218

Yeah it was just a thought, but I dig the concept and the setting either way. Good luck with it. I bet you could actually get some funding if you wrote the script up well, and made a short film first to prove you can put an idea on the screen
>>
>>70722192
Of course I am.
I'll pick the most interesting ones, get them filmed in the least imaginative way possible, add dubstep on top of it, only use practical effects where CGI can't be done, and cast the least appropriate A-list actors in the main roles to appeal to the average joe.

Because I'm a professional, not a nerd who posts frogs on the internet from his basement.
>>
>>70720725
An adventure flick set in the Australian Outback. There's a band of characters including the protag whose a charming womaniser, who gets into bar fights, he's former convict who did his time and is now seeking hidden fortunes. Travelling with him is an oblivious American who is the fish out of water, comic relief. Then he meets an aboriginal who has a fat wife, they start out rivals but eventually escape some sort of daring situation. In the process they accidentally rescue a small Chinese girl who had been kidnapped by human traffickers.

Then they go on a quest. That's all I've got.
>>
>>70723599
I'd watch it if it was done in the late 80s.
>>
File: image.png (132 KB, 292x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
132 KB, 292x300
>>70720725
A guy start to see pictures instead of texts, it bothers him because he's a journalist and he can do the difference between text and pics, pictures are actually a visual translation of what's written, so he begin to draw pictures to send to his editor because he can't draw anymore, the first time his boss ask him why the fuck he sent him a picture of *insert joke like Trump spanking Obama* so he'd depressed and shit but the something hits him and he began to realise something that will make him the best fucking writer... Well I won't spoil you the entire movie
>>
>>70723797
*cant write anymore
>>
>>70723797
Meh
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 854x480
>>70720725
Uncharted the movie. Basically Sahara, Lord of War, and the 1st season of Supernatural.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 540x960
>>70724015
But it'd be a Walt Disney, you think they'd buy it?
>>
>>70724166
None of these are your ideas. You are a hack.
>>
>>70723797
Can the character be an expy of Ben Garrison?
>>
>>70721017
Sounds like green inferno but actually good.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
>>70724245
Well I'm not sure it'd sell, maybe with a sexy-ish old actor, but who?
>>
>>70720725
A cyberpunk adventure film
Actually, as I envision it, it veers closer and closer to guardians of the galaxy except slightly darker and all set on one planet
>>
A ultra-violent futuristic sports movie in the vein of Rollerball, Running Man, Smash TV, Speedball or death race, where you make a couple of setpieces to give the audience the idea that there's something wrong with the utopia and the titular character gets more and more involved in a revolutionary movement but the flick turns the tables on the audience by making the lead and the movement the bad guys and it ends with them getting away with it. The general idea is that the ultraviolent sport is an outlet for a generally safe and peaceful society (as in, the purge) but the rise of a star (the lead character) ends up propelling the sport's popularity and influence over the society via this revolution which is essentially a vaguely nihilistic/chaotic cult masquerading as an alternative to presumed totalitarianism (which isn't really). And there's no moral to the story.
>>
>>70724430
That sounds extremely vague and dumb since it could apply to several movies that already exist or are going to come out soon.
>>
>>70724555
Eh, that could be an interesting movie, as long as it's not your own revenge fantasy against "edgy kids" who bullied you in high school.
>>
File: 800px-Ignaz_Semmelweis_1860.jpg (237 KB, 800x1082) Image search: [Google]
800px-Ignaz_Semmelweis_1860.jpg
237 KB, 800x1082
Ignaz Semmelweis biopic

He was a scientist who discovered that way less patients died when doctors washed their fucking hands. His research was largely ignored because at the time doctors were like "we aren't dirty - this is an insult!" He spent most of his life angrily trying to refute this, got depressed, was put in an insane asylum and died.

The thing is, modern theorists believe that he suffered from Alzheimers throughout the later part of his life, explaining his erratic unsociable behaviour that led to him being put in a madhouse.

The first two thirds of the film would be quite a naturalistic period drama, only slightly stylised (think Amadeus) but the latter third would deteriorate and start using weird cuts and absurd imagery as his mental state goes.
>>
I started writing for shits and then briefly got over my writer's block on this concept
But then I got stuck again. It's fine, it's too out-there for me to worry about anyone stealing it

It'd be about Gods and philosophy. Which sounds pretentious, but it'd be fairly minimalist. It'd be more open to interpretation instead of a couple of guys in trench-coats sitting discussing morality
Like, it'd open with the main character having been shot, falling in slow-motion
You don't see the attacker, but as our hero falls he describes the feeling
And the scene keeps cutting between him falling, a demon flying up from the depths of hell and an angel falling from heaven
Each time it cuts, the speed would increase and the image would increase in brightness and zoom until there was just a white light. And then a whisper- “save us”
"And then nothing"

I don't know if that makes sense
>>
>>70724588
well yeah, that's because i only wrote one and a half sentences because it seemed too derivative
>>
>>70724555
edgy
>>
I think it'd be cool to make 2 movies of whatever, but make them connected like the MCU (Not like James Bond, to compare)
The gimmick to it is that they are released at the same time, 2 different directors that do work together, and then not tell anyone they are connected. At all.
>>
>>70724966
Are you literally 10?

Cause that shit isn't a movie it's a scene.
And it's arguably more pretentious than all of The Matrix, since you claim that it's about gods and philosophy when it's just a very basic allegory of damnation with no conceptual discourse involved. At least The Matrix DOES contain philosophy even if it's a little dumb and masturbatory. And unlike your concept, The Matrix isn't so blatant about its religious themes as to literally show us angels and demons.

Your idea sucks, it's pretentious, it's stupid, and it's shit.

>>70725031
Well then why not write more so we can know what you really want to make instead of just assuming it's gonna be derivative and lame?
I mean derivativeness isn't inherently bad, but if you wanna pitch your idea, you have to make it SEEM fresh or exciting, and you can't do that by being so vague.
>>
>>70725317
that's an interesting gimmick as long as the two movies are obviously very different and don't end up looking like one is ripping off the other.
>>
>>70725378
That's the idea
Also keep it at just 2 movies. Don't go for the cashgrab once they're released and make 17 sequels and a prequel
>>
>>70724555
To add, it starts as a movie about people falling in love with the idea of indiscriminate violence and chaos as the relief from their emotionless lives (think Equilibrium) but what it's really about is a satirical take of the current glorification of violence and a stress-test of the actual american movie censorship policy of all-the-violence-you-want-but-no-tits. Also, 1 and a half hours of people getting their brains bashed in. It also starts with a guy kicking a pregnant woman in the stomach (or something equally "distasteful", just that violence against women seems to be the cause du jour), just to clear the audience.

>>70724652
That's oddly specific, kek. And why would that preclude it from being a decent film?
>>
4 guys holding a trench during WWI.

8 actors total (3 German trenchhoppers), dead bodies and a hole in the ground.

At the end a courier comes across them and tells them the War's been over for ages. Then he gets shot down, FIN.
>>
>>70725561
10/10
>>
>>70724198
But I want an Uncharted movie.
>>
A short film (~15 minutes) with a set up, twist, a little bit of action and an emotional finish.

It is scored separately by several great composers (Williams, Zimmer, Kamen, etc.) and the film is just the short film on repeat but with a different composer each time.
>>
It's about an actor researching a real-life criminal to play him in a movie, an old Italian mobster in his 80s who spent half his life in prison for murder, his wife left him, lost touch with his kids, etc. The actor meets with him a few times to learn his mannerisms and talk about his past experiences and stuff.

The old gangster is desperately lonely, so he becomes a really clingy "friend" to the actor. Always trying to get him to go out drinking to wingman for him, help the old guy "get some pussy." The actor actually goes out with him one night and tries to help him pick up girls, but predictably, the old guy just ends up humiliating himself. He shows a nasty mean streak after getting rejected, but the actor gets him out of there before it gets too bad.

When the movie starts filming, the old gangster wants to hang around the set. The director (female) doesn't like it, thinks it'll be a distraction. The actor is kind of a pussy, like a lot of actors are, and has a hard time saying "no" to the old guy. So he drops by for a visit, but starts getting ahold of call sheets & shooting schedules, and soon he's showing up uninvited to the set just to hang around and watch.
>>
>>70725561
They did that but in a japanese island in the pacific with WW2. I think.
>>
a boy falls in love with a girl and they get married
>>
>>70725319
>Your idea sucks, it's pretentious, it's stupid, and it's shit.
Well that's really mean
But yeah it is just a scene. That's quite obvious from what I wrote. It's not an allegory for damnation, it's just imagery for the themes of a muddled idea
It would make more sense if I could do anything with it

It's not pretentious, you should look that word up in a dictionary before you use it
I don't see how it can be called stupid when there's nothing in there that relates to substance. I wrote the visual outline of one scene where not much happens
If you want to say it's empty or lacking a point, you'd be right
But calling it pretentious and stupid makes you sound like you're a middle-schooler trying to insult something without going to the effort of actually evaluating it

>inb4 wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg
>>
>>70725681
Ehhh... It's been done before
>>70725737
To each other? That's gay
>>
>>70724654
This is actually a pretty good idea. I mean it sounds like a cool factoid that couldn't be stretched out into a movie, but when's the last time someone made a movie about hygiene?
>>
>>70725681

For a while, he's not really causing any trouble. He hangs around the grip & rigging crew to bum cigarettes, bug them and talk to them while they're working. One of the younger ones is kind of "into" the gangster culture, and fanboys out a little bit over the old guy. Just offhand, to look tough, he shows the kid that he still packs a gun everywhere he goes.

The director is pretty angry over it, though she never says so directly to the old gangster. She's taking it out on the actor, basically telling him he needs to tell the old guy to fuck off already. The actor can never really work up the balls to do it, so the old guy just keeps showing up and haunting the set. But it's clear that their "friendship" is getting very strained.

It starts getting bad when they start filming scenes of the gangster interacting with his family. He's made out to be a neglectful father and an abusive husband. He confronts the director, and demands to know if she talked to his wife to research the script. He's furious that nobody ever asked for his side of the story, at the idea that his grown children will see this version of him in a movie.

The director feels threatened, and calls for security to remove him.
>>
>>70725470
Cause being edgy is good as long as you don't suck at being edgy.
>>
>>70725877
>She's taking it out on the actor, basically telling him he needs to tell the old guy to fuck off already.
But it's the director's job to control what goes on in the set, not the actor's. At least make them fug so there's a reason the director's trying to shirk her responsibility.
>>
>>70725799

Hey, thanks! There's a fair bit of stuff in his life that would be interesting I think. His marriage, and the strain that his research puts on it. How his wife copes with his mental deterioration. Also there's this dickhead who gets him kicked out of a job, I forget his name.

I do theatre so I've been sketching up a rough draft of this for stage. It's unfinished tho and I'm a lazy fuck so it'll never see the light of day.
>>
>>70725748
pretentious is when you say you're hot shit but you aren't.
I evaluated your scene idea according to the standards of this thread. It's a thread about pitching a movie idea. Not a scene idea. If you don't actually have an idea for a movie then too bad for you cause that scene alone screams chuuni syndrome if it's not backed by a solid and decently deep story.
>>
>>70725877

He disappears, but he's already got a copy of the shooting schedule. He shows up again when they're set to film the scene of the murder that put him in prison for 35 years. One of his best friends within the mob was believed to be an informant, and he killed him. Once he was already in prison for it, he found out they were wrong.

He shows up right as they're rehearsing the murder, fully lit and ready to roll. He watches the way the scene plays out, and clearly isn't happy. The director immediately calls for security, and he gets right up in her face, saying that if she's in charge, she should confront him herself. She doesn't say anything.

He storms onto the set, pushes the lead actor's head, and pulls his gun on the poor extra playing the murder victim. With a gun to the kid's head, he tells the director and the actor, in graphic detail, how the murder actually took place. Basically just correcting the inaccuracies in the script. When he's done, he puts the gun away and leaves.
>>
>>70720788
>I have a movie pitch for a war flick but it's one of those "based on a true story" stories about a guy most people outside of /k/ or the .MIL community haven't heard of
Who?
>>
>>70726089

Time speeds up in the epilogue, kind of like "Assassination of Jesse James."

The police come to the gangster's house for threatening the actor. He goes on trial, they take his guns away and put him on house arrest.

The movie is a success. The actor's career gets a major boost, but he starts getting typecast in gangster/criminal roles. Eventually, the "persona" starts getting to his head. He starts acting like an asshole and a diva on set, cheats on his wife and loses her, starts getting in trouble with the police. Without really meaning to, he's even repeating phrases the old gangster used to say when he was "researching" him.

Even though it makes him out to be a total asshole, one of the gangster's sons sees the movie and finally decides to reach out to him. They talk a few times, he gets to meet some of his grandchildren. A few months later, he dies.
>>
>>70720725

Currently writing a short horror set in a world where zombies never existed in literature and pop culture together, and a zombie virus breaks out in a small village. A group of survivors who try to rationalise the attack, some think its a govt. experiment or most of the town were in a cult etc. then a guy and his bitten friend seek refuge in the cabin. The man eventually turns and attacks some of the other survivors. The cabin is divided between bitten and unbitten and it comes down to the last person, who decides to join them.
>>
>>70726042
Lol, I can see A Dangerous Mind and Imitation Game already. You've got Oscar-bait in your hands.
>>
It's a movie with pretty neon lights and a autistic main character set in L.A and it has a new retrowave soundtrack and the plot is shit.
>>
>>70725681
>>70725877
>>70726089
>>70726307

One of my older ideas that I don't really care if you guys steal or not. I was kind of thinking of re-doing it as more of a comedy, but haven't really worked on it in a while
>>
I have for years been thinking about writing* a 'spiritual sequel' to a much loved teen comedy/drama series about the main character in his adult life. The main character has become extremely successful in all aspects of life, but he is an asshole.

The brand is long dead, the actors are at best nobodies, (one of them may be a sex offender or something now) could such a thing be made?

*i would never write it, I'm an awful writer, I just want someone to make it.
>>
There was no security present backstage. I went in, the corridor was full of chairs that looked uncomfortable and the walls were overpopulated with wall posters of plays. I entered a dressing room and quickly hid in the closet. About 15 minutes pass and in comes one of the actors from whatever was currently playing. I quietly opened the closet door and snook up on him while he was sitting down and rehearsing lines, I knocked him out unconscious. I undressed him and lubricated his rectum and inserted my Johnson and his throbbing erection into that tight ass. Some faggot entered the room, presumably the director and demanded to know what was going on.
"Just rehearsing" I said pensively
"But the janitor isn't even in this thing" - Said the director, with a twitch in his eye.
>>
>>70726363

I...felch
>>
>>70726363
>It's a movie with pretty neon lights and a autistic main character set in Texas and it has a old country soundtrack and the plot is shit.

Fix'd
>>
>>70726333

Hmm, interesting. Maybe if I cram a token minority in there somewhere who is inexplicably a respected doctor in the eighteen hundreds...
>>
>>70720725
Guy picks nose, finds booger, then eats it.
>>
A black raised by white people is rich and wants to open a soul food restaurant with white people dressed in blackface and portraying stereotypes, serving stuff like fried chicken and watermelon. The media gives him shit and call him an Uncle Tom, the restaurant benefits from the controversy but is ultimately shut down. A real movie about race relations.
>>
>>70726363
instant /tv/ classic
>>
literally an askreddit thread lol
>>
>>70726611
Kek
>>
>>70720725
I've always wanted a series like Walking Dead or something with the same kind of character interaction, but characters who do the trope-y stuff just get killed.
Moving through the area and not being careful? Killed by a sniper.
Go to have some standoff dialogue with someone? They just shoot you because you didn't shoot them.
Kind of like DayZ. Not necessarily a zombie setting, either, just one were people do stupid shit that is so pervasive and common in the genre, and they realistically die because of it.
>>
File: main_photo.jpg (93 KB, 470x358) Image search: [Google]
main_photo.jpg
93 KB, 470x358
A Mulatto girl at a fully white Midwestern high falls in love with the new black athlete transfer to the school. She manages to coerce him into a dating and to take drama classes. They are both cast in the school's iteration of Romeo and Juliet. This is the height of the character's romantic bliss. The Chad admits to her the week after the play that her feelings are not reciprocated and he breaks up with her. Black Chad is then cast as Othello opposite a pretty blonde white Stacy and the Mulatto girl only gets a bit part. The narrative then follows the MC as she falls into schizophrenic madness concerning the world around her. She comes to tge conclusion that Black Chad has been brainwashed to love Stacy and begins to stalk them. After confronting her white mother over her the details of her relationship with her father, she kills her mother in a rage. She becomes more deranged and finally kills Black Chad and a pregnant Stacy at the school on the night of the play.
>>
>>70724966
That's so fucking gay dude, I hope you break your neck the next time you try deep throating your self.
>>
I wrote a story in high school centered around my half-beaner friend's shitty beater cavalier, titled Telemarketers From Hell. It was designed to just be a comedy that primarily gets its kicks from being fucking bizarre.

>telemarketers start harassing protagonist, asking him to "sell his soul in exchange for anything his heart desires"
>thinks it's a prank
>mother gets turned into goo by demons
>father gets turned into goo by demons
>on the run, with a group of friends trying to find them
>they meet up in a church, while a group of demons are arming themselves to the teeth, because their supernatural powers can't KILL on Earth, have to use guns
>father comes in a dream, tells him about the time machine he's building
>it's built into the cavalier
>protagonist goes back in time to kill Satan
>machine loses charge, there's a velociraptor chase scene because why not with demons
>goes further back to Garden of Eden
>God tries to stop him
>strangles God
>kills the devil
>goes back to his time
>it's a barren wasteland, because he killed God before creating humanity
>kills himself by suffocating himself in his own poo in the car (Poo-icide. Like I said, written years ago in high school), earthquake knocks car onto its side
>his dead body flicks the timetravel button
>travels "SIDEWAYS" through time to alternate universe, where we hear protagonist's voice saying "Why do I have poo on my face?" after opening the door without seeing him
>fin

There's chase scenes, action scenes, fight scenes, a sword fighting scene with the devil, and all kinds of shit. I still want to make it for fun. I still have the full script.
>>
>>70720725
2 young police officers are paired and sent to patrol gang neighborhoods.

working together and making busts they get close. best friends full of trust

one officer notices though that for how effective they are its always on his partners info or hunch

he starts asking questions about it. the parnter deflects back to taking what he learned in the army

officer researching gang articles comes across one that claims that gang members will go to the army to learn techniques and how to handle weapons and return to the street when they are done 10x wiser

looking closely officer vaguely sees some faded looking marking/tattoo on his partner

going out on a gang related call both officers chase on foot the suspect through some houses or housing projects

this is where the corrupt gang related officer shoots and kills his partner. as he is laying there dying he starts to talk to him about how he really did enjoy his company and wished it didnt have to be like this. when his gang memeber approaches him with congratulatory "yea smoke dat fool essay" he shoots and kills him. he then radios in officer down.

the corrupt officer is hispanic
the other(when I thought it up) was white but I see how people could receive that as some sort of agenda pushing
>>
>>70726724
why so hostile? now im sad
>>
>>70726723
Plot twist, she is actually killing her parents and is caught in a time loop
>>
>>70726798
Oh, and lots of jokes about him being mexican, too. I need to revamp it after the Rise of Trump.
>>
>>70721017
>Hollywood here
>that sounds great
>but
>what
>if
>...
>we gave them supper powers and theirs a big battle at the end were they fight a space god
>>
>>70726723

Cuck: The Movie
>>
>>70724966
literally bait
>>
>>70720725
Boomboxes, Casette tapes, volumnous drums.
Sexy teenager, elderly woman. Love.
Two cars, two cards. five windows of oportunity, An ominous box.

A clarinet, a man in a hairnet,
A madman no doubt. Thrilling car chase. OH NO!
>>
I've been rereading Blood Meridian and thinking about how it could be made into a non-shit film

>Very long, maybe 6 hours w intermission(s)
>Slow shots of the wilderness
>No music
>Brutal, unflinching violence
>Monotonous, blunt acting with unattractive actors
>No fast cuts or montages
I'm stuck on actors, and how to handle the ending though
>>
>>70726798
>there's a velociraptor chase scene because why not
>with demons
Not gonna lie. I kekd.
>>
>>70726828
Because you remind me of myself anon. And I wish that I'd break my neck trying to deep throat myself too. How old are you by the way
>>
>>70726969
so just valhalla rising on repeat? sounds fucking horrible
>>
>>70727018
As in demons armed with glawk fauty faw's riding on velociraptors, chasing after the protagonist riding on a velociraptor.
>>
>>70726969
>non-shit film
>6 hours
>>
>>70726798
Nice
>>
>>70726833
That's actually in my idea. I even created characters that loop into professors and neighbors. As well as objects in Stacy's room that make a reappearance in the main character's house. There's a stalking scene where she sees them have sex.

I just cut it since I was afraid it'd be called stupid.
>>
>>70727021
older than I want to admit now
>>
>>70727041
Nah, BM actually has a plot
>>70727053
The epics of old were long and had intermissions, Bela Tarr has an 8-hour film that's considered one of the greatest of all time. Obviously it wouldn't be aimed at the Marvel quips and jumpcuts audience, but I don't feel like 5 or 6 hours is too extreme for such a dense and sprawling novel
>>
>white guys are successful drug lords
>cruise around the world on a yacht
>end up finding the lost city of Atlantis
>Atlantian navy raids the ship, does the drugs they start tripping out and killing everything
>white boys have wacky adventure escaping Atlantis
>>
Okay fine, an adventure film
Fast paced

>starts in a generic country in the middle east
>military base shenanigans
>next day, echo team sent to do a recon or some shit
>enemies (terrorists?) have RPGs and take out echo team's AV
>main character (MC) survives with some of his squadmates
>they're in bad shaped
>picked off one-by-one as MC narrowly makes it inside a house for shelter, as the survivor
>he barricades the door but hears the enemies try and break in
>as he aims his gun at the door, praying under his breath and sweating, he is clocked in the back of the head
>falls to the ground and thinks he's dead
>he stares at his attackers' feet waiting to die when there's a sudden crash
>everyone turns, we still only see their feet as they're all killed
>a man helps the MC up, he has horns on his head and is smoking a cigar cause he's edgy
>"doing alright there lad, we need to get the fuck outta here"
>it's a scottish demon named Bucky
>As Bucky leads MC to safety, our hero tries to ask what's happening
>"story for another day lad"
>Bucky effortlessly kills all the terrorists they come across
>finally reach a clearing
>"you'll have to take it from here alone", gives him a wink and then vanishes in a puff
>as our hero is asking what the fuck is going on, a chick screams at him
>"was he here? where the fuck did bucky go?"
>smoking hot chick in camo shorts and a vest with a huge AR comes running up from behind
>hero tries to answer but she butts him in the face with her gun
>she's a demon hunter named Sally trying to purge the world of evil
>she doesn't trust mc since a demon saved his life
>mc just wants to return to base
>"Echo team? Stationed at the base in fort marr? yeah that place is gone. they fucked it up"
>suicide bombers attacked the base shortly after MC left
>Sally says MC is too important to let die now, he has to be investigated
>she hits him again with her gun, knocking him out
>when he awakes he's in a basement covered in ancient symbols
cont
>>
I red about the life of an brazilian serial killer, and his childhood impress me. Very loleny kid living in a isolated area. Alone, having allucinations and fearless. Running in the Woods, trying to find goshts and killing cats. All this in a fantastic and creepy mood
Yeah, kind of it.
>>
A black adaption of the wizard of oz in the current year.
>scarecrow becomes older wise family member that recalls civil rights moments
>tin man is a brother/cousin/friend that has to percieve to everyone that he so hard that cant show anyone he has heart
>cowardly lion is person who always told him to run away and not stick around to fight

I havent put to much thought into the other characters.

It also doesnt take place in some some alternate world. He still encounters these characters on his path to doing the right thing.
>it starts in a gang fight
>he gets hit and is bleeding out and faints
>this is where the adventure of learning from his wrongs begin
im thinking maybe the witch is a probation officer and the monkeys are actually prisoners in a jail
idk I gotta think more about it
>it ends with him waking up in the hospital surrounded by his loved ones.
I think him clicking his jordans 3 times is to much

I think it could work.
>>
>>70727411
>cont
please don't
>>
>>70727458
>red
Just fucking stop there.
>>
>>70727458
Holy shit, HUE, you need to brush up your engrish.
>>
>>70726800
>when his gang memeber approaches him with congratulatory "yea smoke dat fool essay" he shoots and kills him. he then radios in officer down.
Hehe noting personell kid :^)
>>
>Cuck Force: Black Up the Planet

The Jewish cabal that controls the world from the shadows assembles an elite team of niggers to cuck white America, one woman at a time. But little do these ebony agents of cuckoldry realize that they are just pawns in a much larger game that could decide the fate of the world.

Rated R for Racially insensitive.
>>
>>70726969
You'd have to nail it with Holden's actor (and the kid's, if you're actually casting a 14/15 year old to play him) or it would never get off the ground.
I think it'd work better as a miniseries since there's just too much stuff that can't be cut or condensed, even a long movie couldn't begin to get all of it.
>>
File: red-pimp-costume.jpg (383 KB, 1750x2500) Image search: [Google]
red-pimp-costume.jpg
383 KB, 1750x2500
A blind white guy in gangland Detroit in the 70's.

Due to his misunderstanding of the idea of black and white people, he comprehends it only as Black=good, white=bad. Therefore he refers to all his enemies as crackers and his confidants as niggas. Nobody questions him because he's a powerful crime boss. He soon meets his match in Detective Charles Montgomery, a renegade black mute cop.
>>
Four friends make a crappy board game and plan on pitching it on a relaity tv show. Because they're all douchebags, bad things happen and they end up dead, jailed, or otherwise out of the picture.
Script is basically done, hopefully I can get to filming soon
>>
>>70725643
There are already 4 of them anon
>>
>>70727499
screw you, imma do what i want
>>70727411
>MC surrounded by weird dudes in robes covering their appearance
>as he awakes they start chanting latin
>MC took latin in school and translates what they're saying as gibberish
>"really? fuck i knew that blind beggar was scamming us" one of them says
>"fuck that noise, maybe this guy's fucking with our heads because he doesn't want to be exorcised. think about it, this is exactly what a demon possessing a human would say"
>recognises second voice as sally and calls her out
>they figure there's no point in wearing the robes anymore
>as they start arguing, the door is busted open and Bucky shows up with a chain gun and kills them all except sally
>sally tries to fight him but gets wrekt
>"big plans for you" he says as he frees the mc
>mc asks what's going on again
>"we're in the middle of a war lad"
>mc reminds him that he's not a demon and doesn't want to fight demon hunters
>"not that war numbnuts, there's a war against the arbitors that want to rule the world"
>mc is important because bucky needs a human to enter their temple and mc was in the right place at the right time
>sally tries to stop them but she's too weak having been wrekt
>mc doesn't want to help until bucky says he can grant any one wish
>"i know about your brother, I can bring him back if you want. death's a personal mate of mine"
>mc's brother died from cancer
>mc reluctantly agrees
>they leave the basement and are in paris now
>"we need to get to rome, that's where their temple is"
>they don't have any money
>they steal a car from the demon hunters
>as they're driving, bucky explains the origins of the arbitors and their centuries-long war
>as soon as he finishes, a explosion goes off in front of the car
>mc turns behind him to see a flying arbitor with an rpg launcher
>"shit, they found us"
>car chase as mc tries to shoot the arbitor while bucky dodges the rockets
>eventually he gets tired
>"here, you take the wheel"
cont
>>
>>70724966
EDGE
>>
>>70726194
Roy Benavidez.

It would be prime operator kino
>>
The entire movie is shot inside a train during the 70s, mostly inside only one cabin, in some european country, can't make my mind about which one, but it needs to have a foggy countryside.

There's a young american couple who are traveling towards the continent, ended in a cabin with other three people, who are quite silent and elusive. The train misses one stop, then another, and keep running. The guys go from "ahah they skipped a stop" to "holy fuck what the hell is going on", outside the window they can see armed people and when they want to go to ask for help they are held and soon tied by the people in their cabin.

The train keep going and in the end the fate uncertain, only that there is a plan to use them and all the innocent people on the train as a leverage for a coup d'etat led by a paramilitary organization.

They insist on the fact that they're americans, but in the end they realize that CIA knows and unofficially supports the act, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

No action scenes, no long dialogues, mostly tension.
>>
>>70725748
It's actually incredibly pretentious and lazy. Lill yourself my man
>>
>>70727465
Scarecrow needs to be a crackhead. He's impulsive and stupid and dreadlocks works with the look. Older blacks usually don't rock dreadlocks.

>Doesn't take place in some alternate world

That's a shame. You could throw in some afrofuturism. Perhaps just set it in Africa.
>>
>>70727805
>bucky jumps out the car in slow motion into the pursuing arbitor firing at him
>as he collides with him, he does a flying kick into his face
>meanwhile the mc panicks trying to steer the car
>bucky drops the arbitor and then rips his head off for good measure
>this measure causes another rpg to accidentally discharge which then hits the back of the car the mc is in
>bucky watches as the car flips over
>he approaches to find the mc alive, just a bit bruised and laughs at him
>"come, let's not piss about eh?"
>the next scene they're at a crowded train station, bucky wearing a hat now, where the mc is criticising bucky's plan saying that they should've just knicked another car instead of train tickets
>but bucky replies that the arbitors are clearly onto them and a train is too crowded for the arbitors to attack
>cut to them in a train cabin,watching the countryside go past
>their waitress comes by and asks if they'd like anything but seems oddly inquisitive
>bucky doesn't trust her but the mc thinks she has a crush on him
>"christ man, will you stop thinking with your dick?"
>she returns giving them a box of biscuits, saying it's on the house and winking at the mc
>she tries to leave hurredly but bucky stops her saying he wants to tip her
>as he's shuffling around looking for his wallet, he keeps having to stop her from leaving
>suddenly the biscuits start ticking and everyone pauses
>the waitress then tries running but bucky kicks her and then shoves the biscuits in her dress before throwing her out the window
>she then explodes in mid air
>"fucking bitches, am i right?"
>the mc looks down the hall, "speaking of bitches he says"
>bucky pops his head out to see sally walking up towards them carrying an even bigger AR than last time
>"shit"
>she then starts firing non-chalantly while they duck down
>she pauses for a few seconds, "where the fuck are you bucky?"
>mc comments that she seems weirdly obsessed with bucky
>"yeah we had a thing once"
cont
>>
>>70728067
everyone's bullying me today, i don't like it
fine i won't write about god or demons or angels or slow motion again until i have a story
>>
>>70726667
Would be boring real fast
>>
Christian Stanton is a actor who peaked early. His first major role was in a critically-acclaimed movie that earned him an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor, when he was just 21. He mishandled that fame, signing up for two failed franchise-builder action movies and then making an ever worse comeback attempt with a melodramatic movie that comes to be considered one of worst ever made. As his career declines, he loses everything. Money, fame and the interest of his peers, and, just four years later, is a washed-up has-been doing low-budget straight-to-video movies in New Mexico.

One day, he is approached by a representative of a prestigious and excentric movie director, Lionel Hawthorne, a Terrence Malick-esque brilliant recluse who wants Christian to star in his next movie, a self-funded adaptation of a controversial 19th century diaries of Lord Malcolm Ashbay, a disgraced nobleman and occultist who committed atrocities in rituals in which he aspired to obtain supernatural powers.

Lord Ashbay's diaries are a hightly controversial, often disputed literary piece, and has been adapted twice before. In both adaptation, the lead actor died shortly afterwards. The first committed suicide and the second died in a car accident. Suspicious circumstances have led to the movies never being released, the first being destroyed in a fire at the studio lot and the second being misplaced and becoming an urban legend, reportedly circulating in the black market and being so terrifying people refuse to speak of what they saw.

Christian is reluctant, but believes taking on the seemingly "cursed" role with such a prestigious director is his once-in-a-lifetime chance to get back into show business, so he accepts. Arriving at the set, the derelict mansion once belonging to the real Lord Ashbay, things slowly begin unraveling, and as Christian's commitment to the role drives him to the brink of insanity, he realizes the truth behind the role he was chosen for.
>>
A meme movie!
>pepe as protagonist
>wojak as secondary character
>dat boi and spongar as antagonists
>>
>>70724555
Literally the Hunger Games.

...wait, that's the joke, right? It better fucking be.
>>
>>70728273
Don't worry anon. Rednecks get sensitive when you mention religious imagery and insulted when someone mentions concepts they think are too high-brow for them. Besides, you can see they're redditors by the way they pile on the initial knee-jerk reaction about a single scene.
>>
>>70727751
Forgot to mention the movie is mostly a comedy. It's hard to describe the sense of humor and I'm not sure if anyone but myself and my brother will find it funny
>>
"Pinocchio: Tell Me Lies"
A YA adaptation of the old tale with Taylor Lautner as Pinocchio and Ariana Grande as some princess who fall in love with Pinocchio, they start a forbidden love between a girl and a piece of wood, they also have to defeat an evil wizard who wants to stole Pinocchio's secret, Pinocchio has some superpowers like super strenght and laser vision.
>>
>>70727903
How long is this supposed to be like 10 min?
>>
Seth Rogen and James Franco's names appear on the screen. The 8 bit version of Mario bros music starts playing.
Announcer starts: This is Mario
Cut to scene of Seth Rogen under a sink screaming. "I don't fit under this F'n sink, HELP ME!
Announcer continues: He's Fat
Cut to James Franco laughing laughing pulling on seth Rogen's legs from under the sink.
Announcer: This is Louigi, he's stupid. The one thing they share in common? They're both worthless.
Cuts to Title of Film: SUPER MARIO BROS
Cuts to The two of them.
Mario:what's the worst that can happen if we eat this mushroom
Cuts to a scene of both of them running and scream with fire raining down on them.
>>
>>70727805
This is fucking horrible, are you 13 or something?
>>
>>70721017
I'd watch it. Not an outlandish concept but unique enough to warrant attention.

Horror movies are pretty good in that the director is allowed a proportionally greater degree of freedom than in other genres and that they generally have a large profit margin.

Write a draft of a screenplay and see if you can get some film students to buy it.
>>
>>70728435
I think you mean Battle Royale. Also, any of the movies I mentioned if your underage ass had bothered to watch them. And no. That's what it purports to be but subverts by making the MC and the "revolution" the bad guys.
>>
>>70728273
You deserve it. I'm a christian and I think your idea was trash.
>>70728463
Samefag. Also
>rednecks
>not religious
>god and demons in slow motion
>high brow
First college film course project 2deep shit isn't high brow
>>
File: 1465598719616.jpg (40 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1465598719616.jpg
40 KB, 535x577
>>70720725

>tfw no one ever comments on my ideas
>>
>>70728498
>"Pinocchio: Tell Me Lies"
With a title like that you'd think it'd be a coming of age erotica when a teen girl settles for the unpopular kid only to find pleasure she never knew when face-sitting a variable-size wooden dildo.
>>
>>70720725
Fucking a WWI movie. We had its 100 year anniversary recently and didn't get shit. FUck you jewollywood
>>
A remake of The Wicker Man but instead of a police officer that goes on an island there's a fat journalist who goes on an imageboard because his girlfriend went missing. He later discovers that his girlfriend was one of those anonymous posters since the beginning, and in the end all the imageboard will fatshaming him.
Final shot it's him crying and eating yogurt while his ex girlfriend writes "He's a big guy"
>>
>>70728682
Post it anon, I'll roast you.
>>
>>70728632
>First college film course project 2deep shit isn't high brow
What definitely isn't high-brow is your ridiculous and obviously butthurt assumption on the contents over 1 fucking scene. But feel free to carry on pretending.

>>70728682
Which one, anon?
>>
I had this idea for a reversal of the "house invasion" genre.

Five criminals decide to rob a wealthy banker who lives alone with his clinically depressed daughter in a fortified house in L.A. The criminals are a bunch of assholes, aside from David, the reluctant brother of one of the gang members, Robbie.

The banker, Adam Newark, is a pillar of the community, a charitable, loving father trying to help his daughter who recently tried to commit suicide.

The gang breaks into Adam's house, ties him up and begins looting, but Adam manages to escape and arm himself to defend his house. The criminals send David to pick up Adam's daughter to use as a hostage, while Adam manages to ambush one of the violent gang members with a homemade trap.

David finds the daughter in her room, restrained so as to not harm himself, meanwhile, a terrified Adam struggles to subdue the robber.

Once David frees the girl, she hugs him and begs him to protect her. Meanwhile, Adam turns and slashes the robber's throat with cold precision.

It turns out Adam is a serial killer and kidnaps young women to be his daughter, killing them when they disobey his orders, and the girl at the house is his fifth victim.

Adam then turns the tables and locks the robbers in his house and begins picking them apart one by one while David and the girl, Jill, try to escape.
>>
>>70728498
Just write it as a book. Your idea only has to be passable to sell enough to make some cash. If it sells the movie comes after.
>>
>>70728736
That's because WWI isn't actiony enough for modern day :(
>>
>After being hit in the head with a boombox, a man becomes able to hear the musical score accompanying his own life. What initially appears to be a blessing in disguise causes him to spiral into paranoia when a eering, hauntingly tense music begins following him whenever he leaves the house, indicating something horrible awaits him in the future.
>>
>>70728231
>mc asks if that's why the demon hunters won't help with the arbitors
>"who do you think pays the demon hunters?"
>sally starts shooting again
>bucky and mc make their way to the window
>they're coming up to a bridge that overpasses a river
>"that's convenient"
>as soon as the train reaches the bridge, they jump out
>slow motion as mc jumps and then bucky
>as bucky jumps he turns and sees sally enter their room
>their eyes lock for a second before bucky flips her off and she starts to shout
>end slow mo as bucky and mc plummet towards the river
>next scene they're washing up on shore
>mc asks how they're ever gonna get to rome now
>bucky pauses and looks around
>there just happens to be a private airfield in the distance
>they break in and steal an aeroplane
>as they're in the sky flying, they argue about how convoluted this plan has been
>cut to night, they're still flying
>mc sees a cloud that looks like a person
>gets closer and closer
>realises it's not a cloud, it's an arbitor
>wakes bucky up
>"the fuck man?"
>they panick
>arbitor starts shooting at them
>they have to crash-land
>land in an apple orchard
>"at least we're in italy now"
>proceed to hitch-hike
>sun rises and they're on a bus
>they wake up as the bus stops
>rome, finally
>they breathe in
>"ah smell that air"
>suddenly mc is grabbed and a gun held to his back
>sally was waiting for them
>"One move out of you bucky and he's dead"
>she leads them to a back-alley
>as she holds mc, she raises gun to shoot bucky dead
>mc breaks her hold and disarms her
>they share a gaze before he knocks her out
>bucky remembers that mc is a soldier and thanks him
>they leave
>enter the stairway to the temple of the arbitors
>looks like a museum, but kinda hidden away
>big wooden doors
>bucky remarks that he can't enter but that mc needs to look for information in a book titled "on arbitors"
>says the knowledge in the other books isn't for humans
cont
>>70728541
dude, it's an adventure lol
>>
>>70728746
Greenlit
>>
>>70728753
>>70728758

This one here - >>70726318

Still working on the ending (trying to justify it or make it a "happy" ending) and the speculation among the survivors.
>>
>>70728758
>one scene is pretentious garbage
>overdone guy falling down while dying and speaking to god
>basic angel and demon imagry
If this is one part of the movie the rest probably isn't worthy seeing. Tryhard and average.
>>
>>70728764
this is already basically a film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8XwWwPT8LE

a bit different, but basic inversion of the horror genre's already there
>>
File: 1463145958407.png (309 KB, 369x426) Image search: [Google]
1463145958407.png
309 KB, 369x426
>>70727411
>>70727805
>>70728231
>>70728874
>>
File: Done.jpg (21 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
Done.jpg
21 KB, 600x630
>>70728841
I hate life. End me anon
>>
>>70728922
i was the guy who posted it
there isn't a rest
i was just thinking out loud trying to describe a visual image
>>
6 old friends smoke kush around a campfire telling stories of their youth and how they ended up there. One of them is actually a doppelganger.
>>
>>70728841
nigga what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallipoli_Campaign
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorlice%E2%80%93Tarn%C3%B3w_Offensive
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kolubara
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brusilov_Offensive
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Verdun
>>
>>70728522
So is the whole movie just gonna be them tripping on shrooms?
>>
>>70728861
I honestly like this idea
>>70728903
Alright bud
>>70726318
Problem: establishing a world without zombies is very tought. It's easy to establish something that exists, but it's hard to establish something that doesn't exist. Zombie movies are also hard to make in a tight space unless they're gonna be executing eachother before they turn
>The cabin is divided between bitten and unbitten and it comes down to the last person, who decides to join them.
What do you mean by this, legitimately
>>
>>70720725

A man falls in love with a yoghurt pot and marries it on international waters, he falls down a well with the pot soon after and dreams of a life he could have had with the yoghurt. He bids a tearful farewell as he knows he has to eat the yoghurt in order to survive and then he gets eaten by the yoghurt.
>>
>>70728940
Dammit, Hollywood wins again.
>>
>>70729042
Most people don't precieve WWI is avtiony I mean
>>
The main character is an actual, literal chimpanzee who struggles to convince the people around him that he's a human being.

The twist is, literally everyone is a chimpanzee, and everybody knows it, but no one's willing to admit it for fear that they're wrong, and they're the only real chimp and everyone else is actually human.
>>
In an alternate reality 1899 London that's struggling to adapt to rapid steampunk-like technological advances, the city is in a state of panic in the wake of unwavering anarchic terrorist attacks. A private investigator believes that these agents of chaos are not disparate individualists but are part of a highly organized and potentially-powerful group, and through his work drags a suspicious American business magnate, a well-spoken prostitute, and a rookie government official into the mystery with him.
>>
>>70729151
>yoghurt
>>
>>70728985
but don't you want to know how it's gonna end?
did you even read any of it? it's quite the tale
>>70728874
>mc looks through the books searching for the right one
>finds it and reads the relevant passage saying that the arbitors can be stopped through performing some weird ritual on the top of a mountain in tibet
>gets curious and reads a book 'on the war between demons and arbitors'
>turns out only one demon can come to earth at a time due to the arbitors
>the arbitors plan is to reinforce the gate making it so that no demons can ever come to earth again
>to do this, they have to sacrifice a human saved by a demon
>ie mc
>as long as there is at least one demon on earth, the arbitor's power is limited
>they want demons gone so they can rule the world
>but the without any arbitors, the gate can be broken allowing demons to overrun the world
>all orchestrated by a head arbitor
>mc is conflicted
>goes back out to bucky and says they need to go to tibet
>cut to them hiking up the mountains of tibet
>as they approach the summit, bucky notices something's up
>mc reveals what he learnt
>bucky is pissed and rips one of the mc's arms off
>mc takes out a pistol and shoots bucky
>they both lie on the mountain bleeding
>"well now what"
>cut to black
>the film ends with it implied that they both bled to death

I fear that the story was a little too close to supernatural...
>>
In the wake of humanity's colapse, a group of people struggle to re-learn rocket science, in order to rescue the people stranded on the international space station.

Basically, Mad Max meets Wings of Honneamise
>>
A teenage everyman and movie buff is in love with his best friend, a popular girl, who has herself a crush on the most popular guy in school.

The everyman finds out he's in a movie himself, a teen romantic comedy, and the script calls for his crush to get with the nice guy jock. He then attempts to twist the narrative into a "she realizes she loved her best friend all along" movies, but his plans go terribly wrong, and he unravels the narrative.

Because of his meddling, the movie keeps switching genres, first to a all-out comedy, then to an indie dramedy, to an edgy drama, then to a slasher movie, etc. He's the only one aware of each switch and keeps trying to convince the girl and the jock of what's going on so he can steer the story back to the original ending and restore everything to normal.
>>
>>70728903
Half of the zombie media isn't self-aware. Look at TWD. The cabin set-piece might be interesting in and of itself but the rest is -just- a non-Zombieland zombie movie. And zombies are overdone, man, ironically or not.

>>70728922
>pretentious
There's not anywhere near enough content or context for that to be considered pretentious. You're just meme-wording at this point.
>overdone
Pocket accusation that could be leveled at anything in this thread if one were so inclined.
>basic angel and demon imagry
And? Dogma uses that imagery and nobody shits on it for it. Because when you actually have the whole context, you know the angels are indispensable to the plot of the movie.

You're just shitting a torrent of facile, hand-wavy dismissals feigning criticism while there barely enough to criticize in the first place. Which is what could've been criticized. TL;DR you're just acting butthurt.
>>
>set in The 70s
>little boy finds a lamp with a genie
>wishes to see his dad again
>wakes up in the jungle
>heards machine gun fire in the distance
>it ain't me starts playing
This summer, Fortunate Son
>>
>>70727411
>>70727805
>>70728231
>>70728874

Okay, I'm gonna give you a little bit of Movie Pitching 101:

DO NOT TELL YOUR WHOLE STORY.
Don't fucking do this. Nobody cares.
Your job is to MAKE them care, and the only way to do that is to string them along with short statements that leave questions in their mind that only you can answer.

Think of it like a movie trailer. If you tell the entire movie in the trailer, nobody has reason to see the movie, right? Same idea.
>>
>>70729115

Well, it starts off in the cabin and the group are talking amongst themselves, while we as the audience know what the creatures are, they don't. For speculation I added a librarian who states that these creatures don't match any description of anything in literature, maybe someone else say he hasn't seen them in movies.

When the bitten person comes in they suspect nothing other than a survivor, who then slowly turns.

What I mean by divided is that the few people who have got bitten slowly develop the symptoms and the others put 2 +2 together and try to keep them away. They obviously turn and while a few have been killed, one of them tries to convince the lone survivor to get bit and "get it over with" as opposed to being eaten alive.

So yeah it's nowhere near finished but I hope I made the story more clear
>>
>In a dystopian future, a group of mercenaries employed by a totalitarian government hunts down the remnants of the old civilization, only to begin questioning their mission

>A lowly accountat falls in love with the estranged daughter of a small-time mobster, and decides to compete against her father in a karaoke competition, with tragic results

>A gay porn star seeking to break into mainstream acting becomes an unlikely hero when Hollywood is seized by a sect of vengeful Kazakhstani commandos bent on turning the world into a giant taco

>A man born with two penises races against time to evade a shadowy organization that wants to turn one of his members into a bomb to kill a political candidate

>A serial rapist is backed against the wall when one of his victims locates him and demands to become his apprentice, while a tough-as-nails police detective is hot on their trails

>A madman is destroying the world's supply of chairs, and it rests on the shoulders of the closeted homesexual President of the United States and his estranged lover, a reformed chairosexual anarchist, to stop him

>A group of introverted teenagers attend a party hoping to lose their virginities, unaware a local cult is targeting them for virgin sacrifices.

>A male-to-female transexual is left with only one breast after a surgery gone wrong, and embarks on a road trip to Mexico with her best friend to become whole, which puts them on the crosshairs of a single dad training a ragtag bunch of misfit Little League baseball players for the big game, a bumbling FBI agent investigating trafficking of body parts, and a deranged scientist trying to create a modern-day Frankenstein

>Short on money, Jeff Goldblum agrees to star in a low-budget remake of Jurassic Park playing everyone, including the dinosaurs
>>
>>70729337
until the genre-shifting, that sounds a lot like not another teen movie
could be coll though
>>
>>70729408
How do I follow this advice if I'm pitching a "based on a true story" story where they can just find out the ending on Wikipedia?
>>
An artificial intelligence programmed to be a pop idol when that kind of thing was in vogue, struggles to regain that status after the world has moved on.
>>
>>70729385

The focus is mostly on the survivors, I originally wasn't going to have the cabin turn but I might keep the actual zombie stuff to a minimum.
>>
>Parallel dimensions begin collapsing into eachother due to an ancient multiversal alignment, and only a young woman harboring ancient cosmic powers can save creation. She is rescued by a gruff hero-for-hire, who must protect her from his doppelganger from another universe, a dangerous assassin hired by a shadowy organization to ensure the end of the world

>The plot of "MacBeth" unfolds through the eyes of a group of amnesiac crewmen of a malfunctioning spaceship drifting through Space

>A young man raised by sentient falcons is deployed to sabotage a nuclear submarine, but things go haywire when its crew stumbles upon a society of humanoid amphibians created by the radiation of a forgotten meteor sunken in the pacific ocean, and the Falcon spy falls in love with their princess.

>A young reporter joins forces with a renegade priest to uncover a secret code in "Oliver Twist" that leads to a secret treasure build in a maze-like underground city beneath Paris, which also harbors the only weapon that can destroy a monster that roams the sewers and targets the innocent. In their way stands the President of France, who covets the treasure to fund his experimental hair transplant surgery.

>A young man named Gaylord Faggotstein by his abusive father as a mean-spirited joke sets to become the town's casanova, but soon begins campaigning for the plight of a secret community of homosexual sentient bears that live in the woods, putting him at odds with his conservative brother and the entire community.

>The crew of a spaceship on an dangerous voyage to Space to establish first contact with extraterrestrial lifeforms is targeted by a serial killer known as "Rocket Man", who murders people with a space axe, which is a regular axe, but used in space.
>>
>>70729331
Holy shit, I kekd at this. Why would they care about the ISS? And why haven't they died aboard the ISS if they've been locked there with limited oxygen for long enough for everyone to forget how to rockets? And why the fuck are they been saved to a world that's collapsed?
>>
>>70729448
>A lowly accountat falls in love with the estranged daughter of a small-time mobster, and decides to compete against her father in a karaoke competition, with tragic results
This could be a refn script
Or rather, this could be the final entry in refn's autistic trilogy starring goose
>>
>A recovering alcoholic has to take care of his introverted, asexual son after the boy's mother dies of a drug overdose. The boy ends up joining his father's side business of smuggling organs across the US-Mexico border for illegal transplants, and along the way they pick up a mentally unbalanced woman who abandoned her family to search for a particular building in Mexico that she had a forebonding dream about, and their shaky relationship spirals out of control.
>>
>>70729470
Because the plot isn't the true story. You create a character, you set a goal and you describe a major roadblock. That's about it. If they're interested enough to google whoever that was, it's a good sign.
>>
>>70729385
>guy gets shot and dies in slowmotion
>not more overdone than zombie movies in 2009
>>
>>70729470
In those cases, you pick out what you think is the most interesting element of the story, and base your pitch on that.

For example:

>A street magician who enlists the help of common thieves, performers and con-men to create a campaign of misinformation to aid the British royal navy during World War 2.

It's less about the story itself in those cases. It's entirely about how the story is framed and presented.
>>
>>70729470
You candlejack it.

You know, start the sentence with the promise of good and wondrous things and just when they think you're getting to the best part, y-
>>
File: 1.png (32 KB, 961x557) Image search: [Google]
1.png
32 KB, 961x557
MOTHERFUCKING JOHN CORE
>>
>>70729392
IT AINT ME, IT AINT ME
>>70729429
Good luck anoncchi
>>
>>70724966
>Like, it'd open with the main character having been shot, falling in slow-motion

youre probably wondering how i got here
>>
File: 2.png (27 KB, 953x547) Image search: [Google]
2.png
27 KB, 953x547
>>
>>70729177
You can do it, but better.
>>
>>70729542
Because the story is entirely about survival, and the space program is ready-made shorthand for man's complete triumph over science and nature, i.e. the ultimate form of survival.
>>
A quiet but colourful film about St. Thomas travelling to India
>>
File: 3.png (27 KB, 934x534) Image search: [Google]
3.png
27 KB, 934x534
>>
>>70729392
I kek'd
>>
>>70729715
>He ain't got time for that.
>JOHN CORE: I ain't got time for that

Goddamn every time
>>
File: 4.png (30 KB, 966x567) Image search: [Google]
4.png
30 KB, 966x567
>>
>>70729448
2, 5, 7, and 9 are all movie i would watch
>>
File: 5.png (28 KB, 933x555) Image search: [Google]
5.png
28 KB, 933x555
>>
File: 6.png (21 KB, 941x538) Image search: [Google]
6.png
21 KB, 941x538
>>
File: Ljusdal hus.jpg (67 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Ljusdal hus.jpg
67 KB, 800x600
>>70728764
Sounds like a good, not to overblown thriller. Would watch 7/10.

Back in high-school me and my buddy actually shot a short movie that's kinda related.

>Two burglars break into a normal swedish countryhouse in the middle of the woods
>No footprints in the snow so the coast is clear.
>While looting the place and looking for valuables one burglar finds a false floor.
>Underneath is a small drop to a dark dirt cellar, in witch the burglars assume some valuables are stached.
>One of the burglar jumps down and get promptly maimed by a bear trap.
>Screaming follows and after a failed and painful attempt at dragging his companion up the trapped man ask for a flashlight to see the trap.
>Turning on the flashlight illuminates the cellar and reveal it's contents. In every corner lies bones and rusty chains.
>While flipping their collective shits a car is heard approaching.
>One burglar bails and runs for his life into the woods and onto a large frozen lake
>When his companions distant screams and pleas for mercy are suddenly silenced he falls to his knees and pukes
>The last shot of the short was of the still kneeling survivors shocked face that slowly zoomed out to show an out of focus figure steadily approaching on the frozen ice.

It took us a good 4 weeks to make just a 15 minute short, but damn if it wasn't worth it. Got my one and only A+ in film-science as well.
>>
>>70723706
Cheers pal
>>
>>70729905
>and he's got time for this
Kek
>>
File: 7.jpg (145 KB, 947x516) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
145 KB, 947x516
>>
>>70728841
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ
>>
>>70729525
>who murders people with a space axe, which is a regular axe, but used in space.
You got me anon
>>
>>70729652
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_films

Go ahead. List me more instances of someone being shot and falling in slow motion while he describes the feeling. I'll wait.
>>
>A job that seems too good to be true selling phonebooks turns out to be a secret underground ring that fakes demand for the outmoded and outdated books, to take advantage of a system blinded by bureaucracy and corporatism for their own gain.

>Teenagers and young adults come from all over the world to participate in a competition to determine who will belong to the next superpowered team to defend the earth from an alien invasion. American Idol meets Power Rangers.

>In an end-of-the-world senario, after all the world leaders and important people have already abandoned the planet on their ark ships, a small group of normal people attempt to build an escape ship amid a planet-wide orgy of decadence and destruction.

>A man finds himself on the run from the law after going back in time to kill his own grandfather to test the paradox theory, and can't get back to his own time. A comedy/murder mystery

>A young girl with social anxiety becomes a vampire. Interview with a Vampire meets Welcome to the NHK
>>
>>70729600
Does the crazy lady ss the son?
>>
File: 8.jpg (103 KB, 936x554) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
103 KB, 936x554
>>
>>70729448
>Short on money, Jeff Goldblum agrees to star in a low-budget remake of Jurassic Park playing everyone, including the dinosaurs

was going good until i lost it there
>>
>>70729780
*demon scratch*
>>
>>70720725
Complete, shameless Oscar bait about the life of Kurt Geron. It had all the cliches:
>Story about an actor
>Jews
>Period piece
>The Holocaust
>A musical
>Nazis being evil
>Sad ending
>>
File: qt.jpg (60 KB, 720x392) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
60 KB, 720x392
>>70720725

CGI
SOFTCORE
PORN

featuring all your favorite old school divas at her prime: from Louise Brooks to Sophia Loren, and even Audrey Hepburn, if you're into that.
>>
>>70729830
When can I see John Core anon, im hyped
S-should i post my script excerpts
>>
File: Grozny.jpg (154 KB, 700x494) Image search: [Google]
Grozny.jpg
154 KB, 700x494
Warzone

>A group of young kids travel about the now ruined cities of West Coast California after the massive riots caused he failure of the US currency system in 2034.

Basically just /k/ dicking around.
>>
>>70729830
>Make a question
>Fuck you

I love it. It's like Black Dynamite on crack.
>>
>>70730118
I'd pay for this.
>>
>>70730108
no stronk women? no minorities?
2/10 shitlord
>>
>>70730005
The sixth meme :^)
>>
>>70730130
Don't quit your dayjob
>>
>>70729830
>Tell them what you told me.
>[he can't speak]
>Exactly.
KEK
>>
>>70726333
did you mean A Beautiful Mind?
>>
In 1958, famous actresses Victoria Stanton and Juliette Lane engage in a illicit affair that could ruin their careers. To protect themselves from the persecution of Victoria's conservative husband, politician Anthony Stanton, who fears his wife's infidelity and homosexuality could ruin his political career, the two women decide to seduce Anthony's sullen private mechanic, Dobbs Lanton, to kill Anthony, but things spiral out of control when Dobbs reveals himself to be much more dangerous than it appears.
>>
>>70726389
This is so kino, I wouldn't even steal an ounce of it, just out of sheer respect of the idea that writers like this still exist in this day and age.

BASED
>>
>>70730183
The main character is a jewelry you nazi. And the Academy is still mostly old white guys
>>
File: 9.png (17 KB, 943x292) Image search: [Google]
9.png
17 KB, 943x292
>>
File: 10.png (34 KB, 927x559) Image search: [Google]
10.png
34 KB, 927x559
>>
File: 1421012935842.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1421012935842.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>70729830
>takes his fake moustache off, revealing his identical, badass moustache
>>
A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
File: ron howard.jpg (8 KB, 190x270) Image search: [Google]
ron howard.jpg
8 KB, 190x270
it's a flick about a robot driving instructor whos best friend is a talking pie, at the climax of the film he must choose whether his best friend lives... or dies
>>
>>70730603
A-anon, I...
>>
>>70730603
I like it
>>70730387
You got a link to the full thing?
>>
>>70729932
>because john core never misses
Platinum
>>
>>70728163
well when I said current world because I want people to watch. Especially black people. Like, Imagine something like Menace 2 Society + Wizard of Oz. Once an alternate world is involved it might turn the audience away. Like the most gangsta as fuck version of The Wiz.
>>
>>70726611
Lol...Good one babe...
>>
>Christina Hendricks plays a Nazi officer in a concentration camp.
>Alison Brie plays the young, sweet and kind jewish prisoner that was just transfered.
>She gets the attention of Hendricks, and they start to talk to each other daily.
>They both fall in love.
>First half is basically their relationship developing as Hendricks starts to lose it and questions all she believes in
>She finally gives into her passion
>Literally the greatest lesbian sex scene ever made, possibly ghost directed by Lynch
>What follows is a Great Escape Like, action packed liberation plan
Basically WW2 Titanic with lesbians and more tits.
I just need a good title and an ending that isn't just "and they fuck again".
>>
>>70727641
why am i laughing so hard at this
>>
>>70720725

Friday the 13th: End of Days

>JASON RISES ONCE AGAIN FROM THE GRAVE
>during the zombie apocalypse
>first half hour is of him wandering around the world trying to find survivors to murder, zombies don't attack him and he's dissatisfied with how easy they are to kill
>stumbles on to some looters about to rape a girl, kills them easily then kills her as she starts to thank him
>hears a radio broadcast of people calling for survivors to meet at a safe point
>IT'S TIME
>looks around and sees a zombie with a machete in its chest
>pulls it out as Bad to the Bone plays
>>
2 high school girls create homoerotic caricatures of their scripture teacher and an upperclassman, this gets out of hand and they start to make comics of their antics, gaining a cult audience under an alias
the comics frequently poke fun at gay rape

I don’t know where to go with that honestly
>>
>>70726363
It's called: Pedal
>>
Alright so a bunch of dumbass teenagers stumble into an ancient chinese curse that gives your hands conscience and removes them from your body.
The hands are viscious killers, kinda like Ash's evil hand from ED2.
The thing is that the curse passes from person to person.
Quickly it gets out of hand and the whole town is a handless mess of people running from killer hands.
In the end it cuts to 5 years later, and all of humanity is getting ready with feet-cannons and other non-hand weapons to fight the incomming army of 16-billion hands.
>>
Movie title: Small Penis

>Opening shot: water.
>We zoom out...
>Suddenly, a massive brown object flies into the water, splashing.
>We continue to zoom out, and the penis of a man is shown: shriveled up, flaccid, two inches in length at most, and hairy.
>As we continue to zoom out, we see that it is a fat man sitting on his filthy toilet.
>The bathroom is covered in filth, the mirror is broken.
>The man just sits there, looking down at his pathetic penis.
>Cut to a close-up of the man's dead eyes.
>He looks up...
>In the reflection in his eyes, a woman, lying on the floor, can be seen.
>Cut to a shot of the woman lying supine on the bathroom floor.
>She isn't breathing.
>She isn't blinking.
>He burps, chuckling deeply.
>Cut to a close up of his penis, which he is masturbating with his index finger and thumb.
>It remains flaccid.
>Fade to black...
>Rock 'n' roll music kicks in, as we star-wipe into the Academy Awards.
>The room is filled with people, and everybody there is engaged in a massive orgy, not one person wearing clothes.
>Cut to a shot of Robert Downey Jr., wearing sunglasses, having anal sex with Gwenyth Paltrow.
>Cut to Daniel Radcliffe, wearing a 26 inch chain, viciously fellating the strap-on of his ex-girlfriend.
>Continue cutting to actors engaging in sexual situations until the film reaches 80 minutes as the same generic rock song plays.
>Cut to credits, which simply show the word "FAGGOT" over and over, scrolling up.
>After credits scene: The woman on the filthy bathroom floor blinks.
>>
>>70732224
AVANTE
>GARDE
>>
>>70729715
>Asks questions
>Shoots later
>...But shoots before his questions can receive an answer?

Is this truly what comedy gold feels like, lads?

>>70729804
>>70729830

>>70729877
>"Make a question!"
>"Fuck you."

Toppest kek.

>>70729905
>>70729932
>>70729962
>>70730020
>>70730356
>>70730387

Based anon. For real.
>>
File: ...buuuuuuug xDDDDDD.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
...buuuuuuug xDDDDDD.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
>>70729392
>>
Hey Max, I'll give you some primo top-tier movie ideas for a cut. You in?
>>
>>70729940
yo you got a link senpai? i'd watch
>>
From another thread:

A dark comedy that uses the same plot device as Groundhog Day and Edge of Tomorrow - reliving the same day. But here's the catch: the protagonist is a failure loser NEET who lives in his parents basement. Every single day he just wakes up, browses the internet, comes up for food, goes back down, and his mom checks on him before he goes to bed. The dark comedy comes from the fact that he somehow gets stuck in a time loop that causes him to relive the same day, but he never even realizes it for years because his life is so uneventful.
>>
>>70729337
Make Edgar Wright direct and you've got me, anon.
Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.